PDA

View Full Version : The Final Shutdown - Information

AFreakinCabbag3
07-14-2012, 07:32 PM
When looking this up, I found it hard finding information about this. Below are my observations.

Once you complete the campaign you will unlock King difficulty for each area. After progressing through the quests for beating each stage on King difficulty you will unlock a new dungeon called Floating Gardens in the Lorian area to the right of the map.

As the achievement states this must be completed under 45 minutes in online co-op. This is essentially survival set to Medium difficulty but still challenging enemies, there are 50 floors containing most enemies seen throughout the game. However the part that makes this frustrating is potions are disabled therefore healing is restricted however fortune coins can be use *see Edit below for further information*, due to this resurrection tokens are required.

I used around 15 in a failed run with 2 players. I would recommend having atleast 40 tokens available before attempting this level and also using your best items. Due to the tokens costing MSP it is understandable people may not wish to purchase them, if this is the case then you can search for public lobbies and upon death exit the lobby to main menu, simply rejoin the host and you get full HP and Mana without using a token. This is the way I did it and with 3 players dropping in and out the host used around 18 tokens and with a time of 40 minutes. However using this is not a 100% tactic as the host may run out of tokens or the lobby may become full, but it is free.

The more players taking part the easier this is due to the extra damage available, enabling areas to be cleared faster saving both time and precious HP.

Also a note: Due to the number of glitches this game likes to throw at players I would recommend carrying thunder grenades as sometimes enemies can get glitched and are unkillable, costing valuable time. Simply throw a thunder grenade at the enemy to knock them out of their glitched state to be killed.

Edit: You must be an alive, active player upon completion to gain credit for beating the area. Thanks to xDartz xNVx

Edit 2: It is advised players speak to the monk in town to activate the quest before attempting to complete floating gardens or you may have to retry this. Thanks to Metamania2313

It also appears fortune coins can be used as healing items, I have never used these but upon looking into this I found a tactic posted on another site. "Also the key is using those fortune coins right.
If you use it and you hear a lightning (miss) sound, don't watch the HP going full down by 50%, but immediately use it again till you hear the sound of heal." Credit to PlaneswalkerX from x360a. Thanks to Metamania2313 for bringing this to my attention.

I hope this helps and add some insight into the challenge before you attempt it. Good luck.

Any amendments or comments leave them below, and I will review them.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a166144/the-final-shutdown-achievement.htm

Andreas_loel
07-15-2012, 07:38 PM
I will help out obtaining this achievement for atleast a few weeks, i got my hands on some uber shit after realising that it would cost me msp to res. Its a dirty run fyi

i will only help out people with 370 on the game and also a minimum of 2 people to reduce the numbers of runs needed. Unfortunately my connection can be quite poor, so some might not be able to join without issues

EloyOn
07-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the information, 50 floors are a lot, that's why I heard about res stones being needed (I have about 10, but the log out and in I've done it before).

MrZombieChicken
07-16-2012, 07:12 PM
I will help out obtaining this achievement for atleast a few weeks, i got my hand s on some uber shit after realising that it would cost me msp to res. Its a dirty run fyi

Sweet, I could use some help. Thanks for the offer. I sent you a friend's request. First, I have to get past Graqkarak (spelling) on K mode. No one seems to play that level on K mode for me to party up with it seems.
In turn, anyone else that needs my help just ask. :)

VixyNyan
07-16-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm preparing some res stones for myself. Anyone want to join a session for this achievement? Maybe AFreakinCabbag3 and/or Supar oO FISK can help too? My time is 50 minutes, so I need to beat it by 5 or 6 minutes more. =w=

EDIT: Thank you, Supar oO FISK! You are great. :3

Andreas_loel
07-17-2012, 04:01 AM
Glad i could help you and zombie out :)

PlaneswalkerX
07-23-2012, 11:16 PM
YES! Got it after two runs.

We were three gunners spamming flamethrower and gattlin LOL. Finished in 28~ minutes.

Also the key is using those fortune coins right.
If you use it and you hear a lightning (miss) sound, don't watch the HP going full down by 50%, but immediately use it again till you hear the sound of heal.

EloyOn
07-24-2012, 12:05 AM
the key is using those fortune coins right.

Ah, so it was that! Thanks for sharing!!

OzmaOfChaos
07-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Does anyone wanna go to floating gardens and party there i have 2 more slots open and i'm hoping to get the achievement there so join ASAP.