PDA

View Full Version : Father Takes Away Kid's Xbox, Kid Calls the Cops

DividedbyN1ght
07-14-2012, 11:26 PM
A father tried to punish his son by taking away his beloved Xbox 360, so the son reportedly tried to punish his father by calling the cops on him and reporting it as a theft.

The incident happened over the weekend in Christchurch, New Zealand. The unidentified father and his 17-year-old son got into an argument over the teenager's bad grades and the father decided to confiscate his Xbox 360 because he puts in around two or three hours of game time a day and "puts it before everything else."

The kid allegedly decided his father had gone too far, so he called the cops and reported the Xbox 360 as a theft.

Police had to follow up on the complaint, so they contacted the teen's father. Eventually, police realized the complaint was just a domestic quarrel and not a theft and urged the family to work it out amongst themselves. No charges have been filed, according to a police spokesman.

The truly surprising part is the father's reaction: He told the paper he was "a little bit proud" of the lengths his kid took to get his gaming console back. I'm sure he'll make a great lawyer someday.

Source (http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/21200/father-takes-away-kids-xbox-kid-calls-the-cops)

Hahaha Now that's what I'm talking about.

CaRu
07-14-2012, 11:34 PM
That's how we do it! Sounds like an episode of Cops: Achievement Edition.

Benny34
07-14-2012, 11:47 PM
lolol new zealand ahaha. anyways ive read were a kid got his console taking away and he killed his mom wtf?

Veedrock
07-14-2012, 11:51 PM
The situation isn't funny, it's stupid. "Kid" is misleading in the topic title, 17-years-old is way more than old enough to know better than to do that. I can't find the humor in a guy that's practically an adult throwing a tantrum and getting the police involved.

An actual funny situation would have been a young kid doing this, but that isn't the case here.

HugTheBear
07-14-2012, 11:55 PM
The situation is stupid, not funny. "Kid" is a bit misleading in the topic title, 17-years-old is way more than old enough to know better than to do that, so I can't find the humor in it. Guy threw a tantrum and escalated it too far, instead of a younger kid thinking it might have actually counted as a theft (which would have been funny).

Kid is fitting because the 17 year old literally acted like one. :P

Mister Spraggsy
07-15-2012, 12:01 AM
I assumed by the title it was a little kid that called the police. Think its more amusing that it was a 17 year old.

Still someone of his age should know better than to call the police about something so stupid as that.

fastNcurious
07-15-2012, 12:18 AM
That kid is dedicated. I think Microsoft should spot him a free console.

DecadentBeaver
07-15-2012, 12:22 AM
What an immature little prick. His dad should have smacked him round the head with his 360 for that display. As for calling the Police over it, this "kid" should have been charged for wasting police time. They've got better things to do cos this kid shit his pants and spat his dummy out. I had my PS1 confiscated when I was younger than that, and I just got on with it.

DividedbyN1ght
07-15-2012, 12:27 AM
The situation isn't funny, it's stupid. "Kid" is misleading in the topic title, 17-years-old is way more than old enough to know better than to do that. I can't find the humor in a guy that's practically an adult throwing a tantrum and getting the police involved.

An actual funny situation would have been a young kid doing this, but that isn't the case here.

How is "kid" misleading? I see nothing in what you said that proves the title misleading. So, YOU define a kid as what age 16 or younger, 15, 14?

hahahahah you are right........No, everyone expects a "kid" to do just what you said in bold. The fact that it is a 17 year old and as you put it, "is more than old enough to know better." <-----That makes it funny.

Get a sense of humor

Dz06lt
07-15-2012, 12:30 AM
i think the parents should commit him to the military that teach the bastard a lesson

Veedrock
07-15-2012, 12:40 AM
How is "kid" misleading? I see nothing in what you said that proves the title misleading. So, YOU define a kid as what age 16 or younger, 15, 14?

hahahahah you are right........No, everyone expects a "kid" to do just what you said in bold. The fact that it is a 17 year old and as you put it, "is more than old enough to know better." <-----That makes it funny.

Get a sense of humor

He's practically an adult, he more than knows better than to call police over something so stupid (hey, all stuff mentioned in my post!). And as mentioned by DecadentBeaver, the police could press charges against him and he's old enough that they would stick.

The word "kid" obviously means something else to everyone, but I think it's stupid to put a hard definition as "under 18yo." To me when kid is used out of context (like in a topic titles) it means really young, generally too young to know better than what they did. In context, it usually does just mean a minor, but to me 17yo can't be regarded as a minor for many reasons mentioned.

You bolded the bottom line of my post like it describes this, but it doesn't. If a younger kid did this then it would be a funny misunderstanding; a kid sees something of his taken away and thinks to call the cops for help. Makes sense in a funny way and that's worth a chuckle. This wasn't a misunderstanding at all, the son knew exactly why it was taken away and knew damned well that the police weren't going to help him, but he got them involved anyways. That's stupid, not humorous at all to me.

That's my opinion, don't sit there and try to insult me because you disagree.

EDIT: By the way your other thread about the 12yo spending lots of money on XBL is a good example of a good use of "kid" and a funny situation. Just so you don't think I'm personally attacking you.

DarkReign2021
07-15-2012, 12:48 AM
First of all, 2 or 3 hours a day is putting gaming before everything else? Like hell. I put in 5-7 hours a day on the days I work and 12-15 on my days off easy. This kid was pulling the bare minimum compared to most of the people on this site.

Second, gotta give the kid credit for his creativity. Other situations similar to this usually involve shootings or the kid running away from home. The kid even could've called and started crying and whining and calling his parents names. Instead he very calmly and collectedly told the police his view on what happened. His only fault (aside from ever calling the police) is not telling the full situation because he obviously knew nothing would come out of it if they knew the full story.

Tsaako
07-15-2012, 12:50 AM
LOL.

2-3 hours of gaming a day isn't much but if the kids grades aren't up to parental expectations then I don't blame the father taking it away. Studying those 2-3 extra hours could help.

Ethiebeefy
07-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Well, That teaches the father......

Always take their phone away too.

DividedbyN1ght
07-15-2012, 12:51 AM
This was a stupid situation, and I don't find humor in it. That's my opinion, don't sit there and try to insult me because you disagree.

I apologize I didn't mean to insult you.

mrj3d
07-15-2012, 01:06 AM
Wow that's pretty nuts.

StillTIPPIN187
07-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Wow.. Snitch.. Needs to learn how to take care of his own problems over a petty problem like this.. Kick dads ass and get your shit back and then take something of his and tell him when he minds his own damn business he can have his shit back..

Banes
07-15-2012, 01:51 AM
Wow.. Snitch.. Needs to learn how to take care of his own problems over a petty problem like this.. Kick dads ass and get your shit back and then take something of his and tell him when he minds his own damn business he can have his shit back..

Yeah.. Because that would work. Some peoples responses on here...

Little bitch kid cries because his Xbox is taken away. This Dad made me proud. I'd be laughing in my sons face if he was 17 and trying to pull this kind of shit.

Spanish Assault
07-15-2012, 02:00 AM
This kid must be a lot of fun to play COD with...:rolleyes:

HUNDarkCool
07-15-2012, 02:15 AM
I laughed at this. I'd have beaten up the dad and took back the xbox. Only difference, I had a step father I hated, so I'd have enjoyed it too. I'd have never do that to my real father though.

The kid is a big idiot... It doesn't hurt to learn a bit, and it's kinda useful too. And calling the cops... Why not call the fire-brigade in the middle of the night saying ,,My father started cooking then he had a heart attack and now he's on the ground dead with the house on fire. And my pants on fire too. AAaaaawwwghgh!! Actually, I died too."
Damn, it's not even funny. I suck at this.

Death Metal Jim
07-15-2012, 02:52 AM
I'd say this kid needs a good boot up the ass by the father. Don't 'be proud of him', keep disciplining him so he doesn't do more stupid shit like this in the future. The police are there to call for real emergencies, not for some whiny little bitch who lost his Xbox privileges.

DividedbyN1ght
07-15-2012, 03:20 AM
EDIT: By the way your other thread about the 12yo spending lots of money on XBL is a good example of a good use of "kid" and a funny situation. Just so you don't think I'm personally attacking you.

The title of this thread is the exact title of the article.

CODMW2DUDE
07-15-2012, 03:39 AM
I agree with Veedrock, he ain't a kid and he should know better than that. I mean a kid is like 5-10 years old, 17 is almost an adult if your old enough to drive and get a job then you should know better. He sounds like a little bitch, he needs to grow up, and the father should kick his ass for that i know mine would, he would be infuriated. He's probably spoiled, so his parents won't punish him and he won't learn his lesson.

xKRAIZEEMANx
07-15-2012, 04:14 AM
17 is almost an adult if your old enough to drive and get a job then you should know better.

Not to mention they are trying to change the laws to where the legal age to vote is 16 in New Zealand.....So pretty soon, you can add voting to that list.
Also, their drinking age is 18, so he is close to being able to drink/vote/drive/and work....
But age is all a matter of perspective. I've seen grown ass men act less mature than my teenage son.

Everything boils down to perspective and semantics.

njdevils17
07-15-2012, 04:23 AM
It's nice to see that the dad some "old school" parenting. A lot of parents today are weak and just let their kids get away with anything. Good for the dad for holding his son accountable.

HugTheBear
07-15-2012, 04:30 AM
Not to mention they are trying to change the laws to where the legal age to vote is 16 in New Zealand.....So pretty soon, you can add voting to that list.
Also, their drinking age is 18, so he is close to being able to drink/vote/drive/and work....
But age is all a matter of perspective. I've seen grown ass men act less mature than my teenage son.

Everything boils down to perspective and semantics.

In most Countries you can join the Military at 17. In America you can join with your parents signatures. Based on the level of maturity 17 can easily be considered an adult.

DragonsGoMOO
07-15-2012, 07:46 AM
It's a fucking teenager, not a kid, and not an adult.

cjdavies
07-15-2012, 08:36 AM
The son should have had a warning wasting Police time.

Didi Mau
07-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Seventeen's always been the most entitled douchebag age to me, I could imagine a kid I went to college with doing that. He'll almost certainly grow out of it though so I wouldn't be too hard on him, most of us do (sure wouldn't be proud of him though, seems a bit odd of the father to me).

xIAmAZombiex
07-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Look here people. I know this might seem hard to believe but I am in fact the 17 year old who called the police. Now, a lot of you are saying shit about me, which I fully understand. I would think some one who did this was a complete lunatic too. The thing is, the whole side of the story hasn't been told.

My father was given the xbox for a month. That was back in may. It is now july and we still haven't gotten the xbox. I have asked for it back and my mum has (wow that sounds lame). You see, my family is still suffering from a very bad split from 2 years ago. My Dad is a complete and utter asshole, and the shit he has put us through is absolutely disgusting. We nearly lost our fucking house because of him because he wanted money instead of the family he was abandoning to have a home. He is now using the possession of the xbox as a means to have some sort of power over us. He can and is using it against us (such as demanding us to pay him for an already resolved debt etc.) Also, it should be noted the my father took this to the fucking news. This shows how fucking petty and vengeful this asshole can be.

The reason I finally took it to the police because I was sick of being pretty much bullied. I want to have nothing to do with my dad anymore, and the last remaining connection between us is this fucking xbox. Now, you might think, Oh its just an xbox whatever, but its a new slim w/ kinect, and being 17 and actually buying it with my own money, you can kind of see how this is something to want back. Also the fact that it has hundreds of gigs worth of game data as well as arcade and games on demand games.

These articles make me look like some childish, spoilt piece of shit, but this isn't just about the me having a cry about someone taking my xbox away, it's about finaly severing a tie between a person who has caused so much pain not only to me but my entire family. I can understand where all of you people are coming from, but I thought I should at least get out my side of it.

And honest to god I am the kid this is about.

Gackt
07-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Look here people. I know this might seem hard to believe but I am in fact the 17 year old who called the police. Now, a lot of you are saying shit about me, which I fully understand. I would think some one who did this was a complete lunatic too. The thing is, the whole side of the story hasn't been told.

My father was given the xbox for a month. That was back in may. It is now july and we still haven't gotten the xbox. I have asked for it back and my mum has (wow that sounds lame). You see, my family is still suffering from a very bad split from 2 years ago. My Dad is a complete and utter asshole, and the shit he has put us through is absolutely disgusting. We nearly lost our fucking house because of him because he wanted money instead of the family he was abandoning to have a home. He is now using the possession of the xbox as a means to have some sort of power over us. He can and is using it against us (such as demanding us to pay him for an already resolved debt etc.) Also, it should be noted the my father took this to the fucking news. This shows how fucking petty and vengeful this asshole can be.

The reason I finally took it to the police because I was sick of being pretty much bullied. I want to have nothing to do with my dad anymore, and the last remaining connection between us is this fucking xbox. Now, you might think, Oh its just an xbox whatever, but its a new slim w/ kinect, and being 17 and actually buying it with my own money, you can kind of see how this is something to want back. Also the fact that it has hundreds of gigs worth of game data as well as arcade and games on demand games.

These articles make me look like some childish, spoilt piece of shit, but this isn't just about the me having a cry about someone taking my xbox away, it's about finaly severing a tie between a person who has caused so much pain not only to me but my entire family. I can understand where all of you people are coming from, but I thought I should at least get out my side of it.

Sure it is.

Akuza
07-15-2012, 02:16 PM
*sigh*....

Absolute idiocy ..

Funny... But stupid

ChickinOnaChain
07-15-2012, 02:26 PM
What an immature little prick. His dad should have smacked him round the head with his 360 for that display. As for calling the Police over it, this "kid" should have been charged for wasting police time. They've got better things to do cos this kid shit his pants and spat his dummy out. I had my PS1 confiscated when I was younger than that, and I just got on with it.
Exactly! And I'd be damned if I ever got that snot nosed punk another 360.

xIAmAZombiex
07-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Would I have any reason to write all that if it wasn't me? Sure, there's absolutely no way I can prove myself, but that's the whole truth.

xIAmAZombiex
07-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Also law in New Zealand says that if you knowingly take something and refuse to return it, it becomes theft, which is exactly what my dad did. It is advised to take this to the disputes tribunal, which I did consider, but I figured the police might of been a more direct method. Just for the record though, I didn't go calling 111 or anything, I went to the station and sat down and filed a report.

The xbox was entirely mine. It was not purchased for me by my parents or anyone. I payed all $599 of it.

Akuza
07-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Also law in New Zealand says that if you knowingly take something and refuse to return it, it becomes theft, which is exactly what my dad did. It is advised to take this to the disputes tribunal, which I did consider, but I figured the police might of been a more direct method. Just for the record though, I didn't go calling 111 or anything, I went to the station and sat down and filed a report.

The xbox was entirely mine. It was not purchased for me by my parents or anyone. I payed all $599 of it.

It's hardly theft when it's your own father...

Where he's probably paid for it by giving you pocket money ..

Dav13s
07-15-2012, 03:08 PM

Why not? It is entirely possible for family members to steal from each other.

Akuza
07-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Why not? It is entirely possible for family members to steal from each other.

You failed to leave on that extra bit of "Where he's probably paid for it by giving you pocket money .."

Which explains why I said that :confused:

Why take things out of context? :confused:

xIAmAZombiex
07-15-2012, 03:13 PM

Where he's probably paid for it by giving you pocket money ..
Akuza, I don't live with him, and he sure as he'll wouldn't give me money for that. Hell This man lied about his income to cut the child support he had to pay.

Akuza
07-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Akuza, I don't live with him, and he sure as he'll wouldn't give me money for that. Hell This man lied about his income to cut the child support he had to pay.

If you paid for the product, then surely there are more expensive things than an Xbox where you live?

Why take just that?

fastNcurious
07-15-2012, 03:19 PM
If you paid for the product, then surely there are more expensive things than an Xbox where you live?

Why take just that?

Maybe his dad owns stock in Sony? Lol.

xIAmAZombiex
07-15-2012, 03:19 PM

Why take just that?

Well it's the most expensive thing I own, and he had set out to punish me originally.

Akuza
07-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Maybe his dad owns stock in Sony? Lol.

I lol'd

I'm gonna stop asking questions now...

At the end of the day If it truly was xIAmAZombiex and it is just a case of what you said is true, I'm sorry for what happened, nobody wants that.

If its not you, shame on you for BS'ing on a forum.

fastNcurious
07-15-2012, 03:49 PM
I don't care if he is or isn't the kid in the article, but in case anyone else does, Xbox live profile says: Last seen 7/14/2012 playing Toy Soldiers

Does that mean he got his console back? Or can you play Toy Soldiers on the PC?

Dav13s
07-15-2012, 04:01 PM

Why take just that?

I guess you didn't read the article, where it said he took the Xbox because the kid was putting it before everything else, therefore taking it would (in his mind) make the kid get better grades. He wasn't taking anything for monetary gain. Fuck, it's not rocket science.

I don't care if he is or isn't the kid in the article, but in case anyone else does, Xbox live profile says: Last seen 7/14/2012 playing Toy Soldiers

Does that mean he got his console back? Or can you play Toy Soldiers on the PC?

Toy Soldiers has a WP7 version too

xIAmAZombiex
07-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Yeah PC. It was on the steam summer sales. As fit the relatively recent Reach, Gears and battlefield, I was at a mates house. I think the last game I played on MY xbox was mafia 2? I have even gave a freaking sealed copy of lollipop chainsaw in my room that I can't play :'(

xIAmAZombiex
07-15-2012, 04:10 PM
I guess you didn't read the article, where it said he took the Xbox because the kid was putting it before everything else, therefore taking it would (in his mind) make the kid get better grades. He wasn't taking anything for monetary gain. Fuck, it's not rocket science.

Toy Soldiers has a WP7 version too

Yeah I'll admit I enjoy playing xbox a bit too much on occasion, but it sure as hell wasn't effecting my schooling, despite what my dad would say. He's the kind of person who thinks games turn people into psychopaths. Yeah, his intentions might of been good, but when he started using it against my family, thats when I called the police.

yourbreakfast99
07-15-2012, 04:34 PM
I find this comical.

Akuza
07-15-2012, 04:41 PM

Do you enjoy taking things out of context?

That was a direct question to the person who was saying it Was them...

It Was made out that the father "stole" the property, but if he was taking it so he could concentrate then he was not stealing simply being a father...

Hence my question... If he was stealing something wouldn't he take something more expensive?

Fuck it's not rocket science, but you sure made it seem it.

Dav13s
07-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Do you enjoy taking things out of context?

That was a direct question to the person who was saying it Was them...

It Was made out that the father "stole" the property, but if he was taking it so he could concentrate then he was not stealing simply being a father...

Hence my question... If he was stealing something wouldn't he take something more expensive?

Fuck it's not rocket science, but you sure made it seem it.

Not out of context at all. If the father is concerned that the kid is playing too much Xbox and it's affecting his grades, why would he be worried about taking anything but/as well as the Xbox?

And a previous post from the kid says that it was agreed that the father would have the Xbox for a certain period, after which it would be returned. It wasn't, therefore technically, it's been stolen.

Gackt
07-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah I'll admit I enjoy playing xbox a bit too much on occasion, but it sure as hell wasn't effecting my schooling, despite what my dad would say. He's the kind of person who thinks games turn people into psychopaths. Yeah, his intentions might of been good, but when he started using it against my family, thats when I called the police.

From the few articles I've read...he sounds like a concerned parent just trying to help, while you sound like a whiny little kid who got his toys taken away for misbehaving. Move out if it bothers you that much, otherwise... deal with it.

xIAmAZombiex
07-15-2012, 08:09 PM
From the few articles I've read...he sounds like a concerned parent just trying to help, while you sound like a whiny little kid who got his toys taken away for misbehaving. Move out if it bothers you that much, otherwise... deal with it.

Well of course he sounds like a 'concerned parent' when he goes to the freaking news telling them his bullshit. Of all the articles I have read about this not one of them mentions a word of him lying and directly going back on an agreement we had. Infact, why is this even news? Because he put it out there.

I have said it before, I don't live with him. I get absolutely nothing from him, and I only resorted to the police as a final measure. I didn't want it to come to this, but after 'dealing' with a month of threats and demands I finally decided to go ahead.

Ayx
07-15-2012, 08:32 PM
From the few articles I've read...he sounds like a concerned parent just trying to help, while you sound like a whiny little kid who got his toys taken away for misbehaving. Move out if it bothers you that much, otherwise... deal with it.http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/197/179/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

You make it sound like a teenager can survive in the real world by moving out of his parents house underaged and uneducated. My bad Mr. Bad Ass, please explain to us how to deal with family situations which the kid has no control over in ways that don't involve emotional control? Because you can't tell a teen/kid to control his emotions with his hormones at that stage.

This doesn't go only for him, this goes for half the people antagonizing the kid for whatever reason. Even if the kid isn't the one in the forums, you guys know better than to eat up all the BS the news articles exaggerate in order to get more hits. smh.

Gackt
07-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Well of course he sounds like a 'concerned parent' when he goes to the freaking news telling them his bullshit. Of all the articles I have read about this not one of them mentions a word of him lying and directly going back on an agreement we had. Infact, why is this even news? Because he put it out there.

I have said it before, I don't live with him. I get absolutely nothing from him, and I only resorted to the police as a final measure. I didn't want it to come to this, but after 'dealing' with a month of threats and demands I finally decided to go ahead.

How exactly did he take your 360 if you don't live with him?

Floorkiller
07-15-2012, 09:20 PM
This really is going to be a he said/he said kind of thing, because nobody but the kid and his family know the whole truth....

Thats said, IF this is the kid here, and IF he's telling the truth, he has my sympathies....Just because someone is your dad, doesn't make them automatically care about you...for those of you that have great fathers, count your blessings. Yeah, father can lie, cheat and steal just like any other person in the world can. Sperm donor does not = automatic good person.

If this kids goal is to sever that final tie to a father is manipulative, etc, than I wish him well.

Also, I realize just because he says it, doesn't make it true...but on the other hand, just because that's the way the story was presented on the web doesn't mean it's true either. I mean, if you believe everything you read....

Dav13s
07-15-2012, 09:34 PM
How exactly did he take your 360 if you don't live with him?

The kid said in an earlier post it was agreed that the father could have it for a month, so I guess he went round and got it.

CODMW2DUDE
07-15-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm sorry but i am skeptical of all this shit, how could his father have come over to his house, cause i am assuming he is living with his mother, get in and just take the Xbox away. 1. if the parents are divorced, wouldn't they have separate homes with separate keys? I guess it's possible that they could each have keys but that's kinda weird if they are divorced and don't like each other. 2. How in hell would the father have known the kids grades if they don't live together and don't talk? I think that the guy on here is BS'ing and that the real kid lives with the father and is not concentrating in school so the dad punished him and he is whining like a baby.

warrenpaul
07-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Thats brilliant!

Floorkiller
07-15-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm sorry but i am skeptical of all this shit, how could his father have come over to his house, cause i am assuming he is living with his mother, get in and just take the Xbox away. 1. if the parents are divorced, wouldn't they have separate homes with separate keys? I guess it's possible that they could each have keys but that's kinda weird if they are divorced and don't like each other. 2. How in hell would the father have known the kids grades if they don't live together and don't talk? I think that the guy on here is BS'ing and that the real kid lives with the father and is not concentrating in school so the dad punished him and he is whining like a baby.

It's been stated numberous times that it was an agreed upon confiscation that went overtime.

Schools will send grades to both parents, as long as they have an updated address. Also, nowhere does anyone say that there is no communication between parents...so his mom could have told his dad too. Since there was appearently an arranged deal for the kid to lose his Xbox for a month, it seems there is communication going on.

His story may or may not be true, but neither of these are flags indicating lies.

Thee Elf
07-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Sad on the kid's part. I mean seriously you want to be treated like an adult yet act like a 12-year old. Your father can almost legally kick you out of the house, I think its time you think about your future and NOT get on your dad's bad side.

CODMW2DUDE
07-15-2012, 10:38 PM
It's been stated numberous times that it was an agreed upon confiscation that went overtime.

Schools will send grades to both parents, as long as they have an updated address. Also, nowhere does anyone say that there is no communication between parents...so his mom could have told his dad too. Since there was appearently an arranged deal for the kid to lose his Xbox for a month, it seems there is communication going on.

His story may or may not be true, but neither of these are flags indicating lies.

Okay, if his mom has custody, and is his legal guardian why would they email the dad? Also if the kid is telling the truth about how he treated them, especially lying about their income and not paying child support, i don't think that the mom would want to talk to him, not to mention he tried to desert them to.

Floorkiller
07-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Okay, if his mom has custody, and is his legal guardian why would they email the dad? Also if the kid is telling the truth about how he treated them, especially lying about their income and not paying child support, i don't think that the mom would want to talk to him, not to mention he tried to desert them to.

The Father still has a legal right to know, no matter who has custody. If the school were to keep that info from him, it would be opening itsself up to a major lawsuit. When he becomes a legal adult, he can request his fathers removal from this information. I'm only speaking for the US, however. NZ is likely similar.

I don't know the situation, I'm just saying it doesn't indicate lack of communication- I see plenty of indicators of communication (albeit shitty communications) when I read the kids posts.

xIAmAZombiex
07-15-2012, 11:05 PM
The reason my dad was allowed to have the xbox was to essentially maintain the peace between him and my mum. Now being only 2 months of 18, having custody over me isn't really an issue, but I have a younger brother. My dad has absolutely refused any kind of structure with childcare, having my brother whenever he wants, if he wants. To try and stay on his good side for the sake of my brother my mum agreed to allow him to have his little punishment. This is all part if his bullying and now he has something on me.

NoctisXZ
07-16-2012, 04:56 AM
This thread really needs to just be locked/deleted or moved to another section because honestly it has absolutely NOTHING to do with gaming besides the fact that a console was involved.

I don't come to this site to discuss child rearing tips or how children should be raised or how they should act. I come here to discuss gaming news and what not and this most certainly doesn't fit into that.

Skilled
07-16-2012, 05:40 AM
How about you quit letting him use it as power over you and buy your own, and rather then playing on it all the time, study.

Considering the took the xbox away, any kid would say hes a jerk or something.

DengelBerry
07-16-2012, 05:43 AM
Get your grades up and you wouldn't have this problem. I don't see anything wrong with the fathers decision. My parents did it to me with my ps2., and I thank the, for that.

Erxor
07-16-2012, 08:30 AM
That's how we do it! Sounds like an episode of Cops: Achievement Edition.
Haha very nice. Totally agree, pretty intense.

FFFreak1129
07-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Sounds like the father is doing a good job. Its what any parent would do if they cared about their kid's grades. Like DegelBerry said if his grades were where they are supposed to be this would have never happened.

xIAmAZombiex
07-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Ah but you see, I did get my grades up. We had mid term exams and I was even getting excellences. Like I've said, he turned this from being about me getting off my ass and doing something to him being able to use this against us.

kkalstad01
07-16-2012, 01:55 PM
My stepson tried to pull something like this when I punished him by taking away an android tablet that his dad bought him. I think it was the only time his dad has ever actually backed me up on anything.

Iceskater101
07-16-2012, 07:16 PM
I think you overreacted though. I mean I am sorry if you have personal issues with your parents, but calling the cops? I think it is also disrespectful to your dad that you called the cops based on his parenting decision.

Banes
07-16-2012, 09:59 PM
I have a strong feeling this kid is just trolling. Regardless, your Dad did what any other Father would do, punishment and discipline.

Can this be closed/locked/deleted? It has nothing to do with gaming as stated before.

BKBLAZER
07-16-2012, 10:24 PM
I've been on both sides of that quarrel. Life sucks.

CONKER1182
07-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Probably got really addicted to achievements.

xIAmAZombiex
07-16-2012, 11:40 PM
I think you overreacted though. I mean I am sorry if you have personal issues with your parents, but calling the cops? I think it is also disrespectful to your dad that you called the cops based on his parenting decision.

No, I didn't call the cops because of his parenting decisions. If It was because of that I would of called them the instant he took my xbox. I tried to get the police involved because the situation escalated into what is essentially extortion. As for the disrespectful part, I think it's kind of disrespectful to abandon your family and try and squeeze as much money out of them as possible.

As I have said before, I only called the police as a last resort. I sure as fuck didn't want it to come to this, but my mum and I both felt it necessary given the situation.

CONKER1182
07-16-2012, 11:46 PM
No, I didn't call the cops because of his parenting decisions. If It was because of that I would of called them the instant he took my xbox. I tried to get the police involved because the situation escalated into what is essentially extortion. As for the disrespectful part, I think it's kind of disrespectful to abandon your family and try and squeeze as much money out of them as possible.

As I have said before, I only called the police as a last resort. I sure as fuck didn't want it to come to this, but my mum and I both felt it necessary given the situation.

Your the 17 year old that called the cops over your dad taking away your Xbox?

xIAmAZombiex
07-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Your the 17 year old that called the cops over your dad taking away your Xbox?

Yeah. Read my earlier comments.

CONKER1182
07-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Yeah. Read my earlier comments.

Why should we belive that your the person that called the cops on his Father?

KFZ Scrubs
07-17-2012, 12:02 AM
The one time I'm okay with cops beating somebody up.... Kid's an idiot

xKRAIZEEMANx
07-17-2012, 12:11 AM
The one time I'm okay with cops beating somebody up.... Kid's an idiot

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/DraconicPhantom/Funny%20Stuff/supertroopersshenanigans.jpg

xIAmAZombiex
07-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Why should we belive that your the person that called the cops on his Father?

Well to be honest there's absolutely no way of actually proving this without giving out personal information, but why would I still be going on about it this long after if I was just bullshitting? There's nothing to gain except getting shit from the people on here.

DEG23
07-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Well to be honest there's absolutely no way of actually proving this without giving out personal information, but why would I still be going on about it this long after if I was just bullshitting? There's nothing to gain except getting shit from the people on here.

I don't mean for this to sound disrespectful but man up. If what you said is all true, then you are now the 'man of the house' taking care of your mum and younger brother. If your dad is truly an asshole like you say, give up on him, because it sounds like he has given up on you.

You mentioned that he kept your xbox as some sort of tool or power over you. People only have power as long as those around them are willing to admit that, so ignore him. I understand you are young and have spent a lot of money on the console, but take this as one of life's lessons and move one

xIAmAZombiex
07-17-2012, 12:44 AM
I don't mean for this to sound disrespectful but man up. If what you said is all true, then you are now the 'man of the house' taking care of your mum and younger brother. If your dad is truly an asshole like you say, give up on him, because it sounds like he has given up on you.

You mentioned that he kept your xbox as some sort of tool or power over you. People only have power as long as those around them are willing to admit that, so ignore him. I understand you are young and have spent a lot of money on the console, but take this as one of life's lessons and move one

I would love to move on, to have this piece of shit out of my life, but the only thing from stopping not only me but my mum and brother as well is this fucking xbox. I can admit that calling the police was extreme, but we are well within out legal rights to demand it back. I'm not going to simply let my father steal my xbox, not after he has already stolen so much already.

DEG23
07-17-2012, 01:00 AM
I would love to move on, to have this piece of shit out of my life, but the only thing from stopping not only me but my mum and brother as well is this fucking xbox. I can admit that calling the police was extreme, but we are well within out legal rights to demand it back. I'm not going to simply let my father steal my xbox, not after he has already stolen so much already.

Again i mean no disrespect but by moving on i mean count the xbox as a loss. Sure there may be legal proceedings you could follow and i understand it may be important to you and your family but the more you tug the issue the more your father has control over you. I don't want to sugar coat it but chances are this isn't going to be the only time in your life somebody screws you over.

By all means free free to grab the nearest object and take the law into your own hands, just be sure you are willing to accept the consequences before acting. If not sever all ties with your father, accept the fact your father is an asshole and 'won' on this occasion and focus on what's important to you and your mum and brother. If you still feel your xbox is more important then i wish you luck, not only in this matter but with the rest of your life.

HugTheBear
07-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Again i mean no disrespect but by moving on i mean count the xbox as a loss. Sure there may be legal proceedings you could follow and i understand it may be important to you and your family but the more you tug the issue the more your father has control over you. I don't want to sugar coat it but chances are this isn't going to be the only time in your life somebody screws you over.

By all means free free to grab the nearest object and take the law into your own hands, just be sure you are willing to accept the consequences before acting. If not sever all ties with your father, accept the fact your father is an asshole and 'won' on this occasion and focus on what's important to you and your mum and brother. If you still feel your xbox is more important then i wish you luck, not only in this matter but with the rest of your life.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3jvytTE1C1qbx51ho1_250.gif
Well said, sir.

Gackt
07-17-2012, 01:27 AM
I'm not going to simply let my father steal my xbox,

Well...he has it and you don't. You're not doing a very good job at not letting him steal it.

xIAmAZombiex
07-17-2012, 01:33 AM

Yeah, I get that. I know it would be best to just leave this be, but the very idea of letting him win this is too much. It's more than likely just me being a stubborn, idiot teenager, but getting this back means more to me than simply having an xbox back. It would be a big old "fuck you" send off to my dad. Also, even If I were to let it go, my mum will still be pursuing this. The papers made me look like some shitty little kid rebelling against his parents, but they neglected to mention that I'm not the only one pushing for this.

runswithscissors
07-17-2012, 08:31 AM

Exactly what I thought, I thought he was going to be 8 or something

ALF 133
07-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Smart, I bet he's one of those kids thats life would end if his cod leader board rank dropped, thats why he be so frantic trying to get it back

Walecs360
07-17-2012, 09:18 AM
It happened something similar to me, but that was a different situation (such an irony). I did call cops, but because my father hurt me a lot (and took my 360 away btw). I had the body full of bruises, so I think I'm justified.

EDIT: Oh, and my grades were (and still are) very good.

wasting police time

You mean eating donuts during robbers? Because that's what they were doing while my new bike has been stolen near my school. And this is just one of the many examples.

I fully understand you, because my father is exactly as yours.

DJConnelly
07-17-2012, 09:23 AM
This thread really needs to just be locked/deleted or moved to another section because honestly it has absolutely NOTHING to do with gaming besides the fact that a console was involved.

I don't come to this site to discuss child rearing tips or how children should be raised or how they should act. I come here to discuss gaming news and what not and this most certainly doesn't fit into that.

It could be moved to off-topic. Would that not bother you then? You could just not read it.

Smart, I bet he's one of those kids thats life would end if his cod leader board rank dropped, thats why he be so frantic trying to get it back

Have you been reading these posts? How does he in anyway come across like that? The media always twist things for a better story. Hope everything works out for you.

Dav13s
07-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Have you been reading these posts? How does he in anyway come across like that? The media always twist things for a better story. Hope everything works out for you.

I just love people's ability to read stuff, don't you? "3 page thread? No worries, skip to the end, my point will definitely still be vaild..."

xIAmAZombiex
07-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks to anyone who actually took the time to read what I wrote, even if you still disagree with what I've done. I don't mind if you still think I'm in the wrong, at least you got my side of the story and were able to make an informed opinion instead of just jumping to conclusions. I just got the xbox back a few hours ago. I don't even fucking know why, but it's back, I'm not complaining.

Dav13s
07-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks to anyone who actually took the time to read what I wrote, even if you still disagree with what I've done. I don't mind if you still think I'm in the wrong, at least you got my side of the story and were able to make an informed opinion instead of just jumping to conclusions. I just got the xbox back a few hours ago. I don't even fucking know why, but it's back, I'm not complaining.

Enjoy it. Next time your Dad comes round, punch him in the dick.

Walecs360
07-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Enjoy it. Next time your Dad comes round, punch him in the dick.

Exactly. It's what he deserves.

I made this thread to support you (http://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49126).

xIAmAZombiex
07-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Exactly. It's what he deserves.

I made this thread to support you (http://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49126).

Thanks haha. People still seem to think I'm in the wrong there. When people hear about a kid lashing out against his parents they just assume the kid is completely at fault, although I would say this is true most of the time. It's kinda crappy, but people need to realise parents can be just as shitty and evil as kids can.

DEG23
07-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks haha. People still seem to think I'm in the wrong there. When people hear about a kid lashing out against his parents they just assume the kid is completely at fault, although I would say this is true most of the time. It's kinda crappy, but people need to realise parents can be just as shitty and evil as kids can.

Hey, i'm glad everything worked out for you, tbh from the way you described the situation i didn't expect it to, but maybe there is a shred of decency in your father after all:)

Ethiebeefy
07-17-2012, 11:40 AM
I just love people's ability to read stuff, don't you? "3 page thread? No worries, skip to the end, my point will definitely still be vaild..."

Charrrrrrrrrrrrc

Walecs360
07-17-2012, 01:14 PM
parents can be just as shitty and evil as kids can.

Mine are. :(

Gackt
07-17-2012, 02:41 PM
You mean eating donuts during robbers? Because that's what they were doing while my new bike has been stolen near my school. And this is just one of the many examples.

They are not cops from fuckin Minority Report...they can't stop crimes that haven't happened yet. Were they supposed to be standing guard on your bike 24/7 instead of eating? And no offense but...it's just a bike, not exactly a high priority. Cops gotta eat too.

Iceskater101
07-17-2012, 02:49 PM

Like I said I am sorry for your personal problems. Still that is no reason for the police to get involved over a toy that your dad took away. Having the police come to your house has nothing to do with your personal issues. What you did was wrong. and no matter what your dad did, you had no right to call the police on his decisions as a parent.

your mom agreed with you calling the cops on your dad. Wow.

Dav13s
07-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Like I said I am sorry for your personal problems. Still that is no reason for the police to get involved over a toy that your dad took away. Having the police come to your house has nothing to do with your personal issues. What you did was wrong. and no matter what your dad did, you had no right to call the police on his decisions as a parent.

your mom agreed with you calling the cops on your dad. Wow.

Good job on reading the first line of the post you quoted...The cops weren't called because of a parenting decision.

Iceskater101
07-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Good job on reading the first line of the post you quoted...The cops weren't called because of a parenting decision.

I believe the thread is called Father takes away kid's xbox, kid calls cop.
That is a parenting decision if the dad decides to take the xbox that is a decision that the parent made resulting in the kid calling the cops

If I am misunderstand something.. I guess tell me.

Dav13s
07-17-2012, 03:19 PM
I believe the thread is called Father takes away kid's xbox, kid calls cop.
That is a parenting decision if the dad decides to take the xbox that is a decision that the parent made resulting in the kid calling the cops

If I am misunderstand something.. I guess tell me.

I believe you may not have read the three pages of the thread after that then...

xIAmAZombiex
07-18-2012, 02:53 AM
They are not cops from fuckin Minority Report...they can't stop crimes that haven't happened yet. Were they supposed to be standing guard on your bike 24/7 instead of eating? And no offense but...it's just a bike, not exactly a high priority. Cops gotta eat too.

You can't say a bike theft isn't a high priority. A decent bike is at least a few hundred dollars (NZD) and if he's anything like me, he might rely on that bike for transport.

THE DEADLY DOG
07-18-2012, 03:07 AM
What is this world coming to... *Sigh*

wright3034
07-18-2012, 10:34 AM
the dad probably bought the xbox, its his property, and his to do with what he pleases, I would fucking kick my son out if he pulled that shit, get out of my fucking house you pathetic fucking nerd. DISOWNED BITCH!

DJConnelly
07-18-2012, 10:39 AM
the dad probably bought the xbox, its his property, and his to do with what he pleases, I would fucking kick my son out if he pulled that shit, get out of my fucking house you pathetic fucking nerd. DISOWNED BITCH!

Charming. So apparently, the ability to read is on the decline. That's just great. His posts are not that of a "pathetic fucking nerd".

EliteShadowMan
07-18-2012, 10:45 AM

What the hell is wrong with you? Are you mentally handicapped? Read the thread next time you dumb fuck.

OT: If you bought the Xbox then there's no reason for your dad to actually take it. I could understand if it was just for a few hours so you could work on your homework and whatnot, but since he actually STOLE it, then i would say that's a bunch of bullshit. I would be pissed off as well. At least you got it back though.

Dav13s
07-18-2012, 10:49 AM

Quoting my own post ftw...

I'd teach my son to read, then when he didn't read threads, I'd kick the shit out of him and chuck him out of the house. DISOWNED BITCH!

CODMW2DUDE
07-19-2012, 01:03 AM
So you would fucking disown your son because he didn't read a post? That's fucking stupid.

Ayx
07-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Quoting my own post ftw...

I'd teach my son to read, then when he didn't read threads, I'd kick the shit out of him and chuck him out of the house. DISOWNED BITCH!Promoting domestic violence in order to acquire humor?

Reported.

Didi Mau
07-19-2012, 09:26 AM
So you would fucking disown your son because he didn't read a post? That's fucking stupid.

He's using satire to show disapproval of people that are unable to read the entire thread. Stewart Lee and Top Gear - YouTube

"And what I was doing there, as everyone here in this room now understands, just in case there's anyone from the Mail on Sunday watching this, is I was using an exaggerated form of the rhetoric and the implied values of Top Gear to satirise the rhetoric and implied values of Top Gear. And it is a shame to have to break character and explain that, but hopefully it will save you a long tedious exchange of E-mails."

Dav13s
07-19-2012, 09:34 AM

Promoting domestic violence in order to acquire humor?

Reported.

My. Fucking. God. You're retarded. Read the post I quoted. Then notice that he clearly hasn't read the thread AT ALL and I'm taking the piss out of him using a post similar to his to emphasize his stupidity. If you want to report anyone, report the guy I quoted, he was being serious about throwing his kid out of the house. Am I to assume you're both American, as Americans never seem to be able to understand sarcasm/satire?

@Ayx - Congratulations on using big boy words for once.

He's using satire to show disapproval of people that are unable to read the entire thread.

Thank fuck not everyone is stupid lol. Stewart Lee rules.

EliteShadowMan
07-19-2012, 09:36 AM
My. Fucking. God. You're retarded. Read the post I quoted. Then notice that he clearly hasn't read the thread AT ALL and I'm taking the piss out of him using a post similar to his to emphasize his stupidity. If you want to report anyone, report the guy I quoted, he was being serious about throwing his kid out of the house. Am I to assume you're both American, as Americans never seem to be able to understand sarcasm/satire?

@Ayx - Congratulations on using big boy words for once.

Thank fuck not everyone is stupid lol. Stewart Lee rules.

I'd say just ignore Ayx. Biggest retard we've had on the forums in a while.

Dav13s
07-19-2012, 09:40 AM

I've noticed. MORON6 material?

djrapperz
07-19-2012, 09:56 AM
haha lol

Think i probably would of done the same at that age lol

EliteShadowMan
07-19-2012, 10:01 AM
I've noticed. MORON6 material?

Pffft. Moron6 is being too polite. At least the other 5 MORON'S had the decency to spell like a normal person.

hydrosugar
07-19-2012, 10:59 AM

Better yet everyone stop quoting him so I don't have to read his posts and have my IQ drop a few points. :)

EliteShadowMan
07-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Better yet everyone stop quoting him so I don't have to read his posts and have my IQ drop a few points. :)

Maybe if your IQ drops a bit, then you might find some humor in the way he types.

hydrosugar
07-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Maybe if your IQ drops a bit, then you might find some humor in the way he types.

Well yeah. But I don't think finding what seems to be intentional attempts at mental retardation funny, is a good enough trade off for the consequences of lost IQ.

DJConnelly
07-19-2012, 11:13 AM

I'm going to sig that. For the truth.

LankstaTDOT
07-19-2012, 11:20 AM
If I ever did that when I was around that age my dad would have probably hulk smashed my console, doesn't matter who paid for it.

Riviner
07-19-2012, 01:43 PM
xIAmAZombiex, all the best to you and hopefully the situation will eventually get solved (especially after you turn 18) and that you'll find the strength in you to jump to the next level, so to speak.

As always, there's everybodys own side to the story, but you've told yours honest-enough to make me root for you. May future shine brighter on you.

Spanish Assault
07-19-2012, 02:22 PM
my dad would never take away my xbox....cause he loves me....and im a grown adult.

I will say when I was younger, if I ever called the cops on him....I'd have gotten my ass whooped.

Gackt
07-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Promoting domestic violence in order to acquire humor?

Reported.

Are you new to the internet or something?

LankstaTDOT
07-19-2012, 02:42 PM
if I ever called the cops on him....I'd have gotten my ass whooped.

hahah +1

old vid but
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5jlrxcpkI

KnucklesV6
07-21-2012, 06:11 PM
I remember when I was little i got my N64 taken away from me for beating some kid up at school. That kid deserved it :P