PDA

View Full Version : Achievements difficulty ?

jamal2807
07-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Hi!
Please tell us!:)
Have a nice day!

ghsbe
07-15-2012, 05:54 AM
I'm going to re-shoot and say that this game is probably around a 7. I suck at Frogger so much and these last 4 achievements have my balls in a vice grip.

Edit: I got the painter achievement. There are 25 stages if anyone is curious. Only two achievements to go :)

Terra Branford
07-17-2012, 06:34 PM
I found the achievements to be, more or less, far too easy for a "Frogger" game. The only three to be "hard" are beating Level 5 on Classic, getting 100k on Classic, and finishing the twenty-five tiles in Tile Painter. Some might find the "beat all twenty challenges" achievement hard, too... but those can be done much easier than the other three hard ones.

Overall, it really feels like they've watered down this game's achievements, to make up for how nearly impossibly hard Frogger used to be. Even going back to the XBOX Arcade release of Frogger, after 100%ing this game in ONE DAY, and trying to finally beat levels 4 and 5 of the original proved to be too damned difficult for me... which shows that they've also made the "Classic" Frogger mode easier than the original one was.

Ah well... still a fun game, and a fast 200GS, so I can't complain.

ghsbe
07-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah, it's a lot easier for me now. I always sucked a frogger but this wasn't too much of a challenge. This morning I got over 400,000 points in classic. I thought that classic would be a lot harder than it was. I think this game is more like a 4-5 in difficulty.

Terra Branford
07-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Yeah, it's a lot easier for me now. I always sucked a frogger but this wasn't too much of a challenge. This morning I got over 400,000 points in classic. I thought that classic would be a lot harder than it was. I think this game is more like a 4-5 in difficulty.I can't help but think that they watered the difficulty down, BECAUSE Frogger is one of those games that are so difficult, you want to break the controller in a fit of rage. Not that I'm too upset over how easy it was to 100% the game.

Hoffer
07-20-2012, 12:04 AM
I only have challenges and winning Battle Royale left. I've only played BR once to get the achievement for playing everything. Don't expect that cheevo to be hard.

The challenges one seems hard though. I did the first 8 or so with little problem. I then decided to go straight to 20. Having to rescue 7 female frogs on level 5 on only 1 life is pretty hard. I tried 4 times and the best I did was rescuing 3 females frogs.

Terra Branford
07-20-2012, 05:11 AM
I only have challenges and winning Battle Royale left. I've only played BR once to get the achievement for playing everything. Don't expect that cheevo to be hard.

The challenges one seems hard though. I did the first 8 or so with little problem. I then decided to go straight to 20. Having to rescue 7 female frogs on level 5 on only 1 life is pretty hard. I tried 4 times and the best I did was rescuing 3 females frogs.When it comes to rescuing the Lady Frogs, you'll want to make 100% sure that you have a Lady Frog picked up, before you hit the Lily Pad at the other side... otherwise, you are screwed. Getting them, even on "Level 5", is pretty easy... just make certain to joggle between the safe strip of land (between the river and the road) when there are no snakes roaming it... and the logs and turtles (avoid the bobbers!) when there are. Most players make the mistake of rushing like a lunatic through the map... but you don't NEED to rush... time your movements, grab the Lady Frogs, and go home.

Hoffer
07-22-2012, 10:04 PM
I ended up beating all the challenges. For some reason, the one I had the hardest time with was scoring 10k on level 4. I bet I spent 45-60 minutes on it. I was laughing at how often I failed. I then went on to the 10k on level 5 and did it without failing once. Go figure.