PDA

View Full Version : Broken Xbox and No Warranty?

Bluntman428
09-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Well, you're not entirely out of luck. There's a company called Xbox 360 Pro's that will fix your system for half what Microsoft will, and their turnaround time is a fraction of the time you'll spend without a 360 if you send it to Microsoft. Repairs run around $59-$89, compared to Microsoft's absurd $140 charge. They also provide a 90 day warranty.

As some of you are aware, if your console's out of its one year warranty, Microsoft will not fix it for free unless you have the three red lights. Even then, you'll have to wait over a month to get it back in most cases. This company's a good alternative, with around a 97% success rate. If they can't fix it, you're not charged a thing. They were featured in OXM last month in their article about the ring of death.

If you're interested, check 'em out:

http://www.xbox360-pros.com (http://www.xbox360-pros.com/)

Tussell
09-05-2007, 01:17 AM
Shit, I've been needing some look at my disc drive. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. :woop:

Anti HERO 574
09-05-2007, 01:20 AM
nice find...

I will defianlty be sending my xbox to them, if my xbox breaks again.
But if its the Red Ring of death, I'm gonna send it to M$

DoM cAbAn
09-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Let's hope my 360 doesn't break, but if it does (God forbid :p), this looks like a great alternative to sending it to Microsoft!

Legends xExilex
09-05-2007, 02:18 PM
nice find thx for that.

Turbo VDuB 44
10-11-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't mean to bump an old topic but it took me 9 pages to find this and my xbox disc drive just died so thank you a TON for finding this.

And i'm bumping this so other people can see it who may have missed it before.

BackerMan
10-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Cool. Thanks for the link.

Bax x360a
10-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Damn why can't there be anything like this in the u.k :(

xGodDogx
10-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Well if my xbox does break might have to send it to these guys... but you never know...

Zef
10-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Damn why can't there be anything like this in the u.k :(

There is...

http://www.totalconsolerepair.co.uk/

The joys of googling.

avengerRPM
10-26-2007, 04:09 AM
Has anyone actually used these guys? A couple days ago I got a system error, and need to get my box fixed.

Do these guys fix this sort of thing? Hopefully someone can give me some more advice about this.

Jdm
10-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Has anyone actually used these guys? A couple days ago I got a system error, and need to get my box fixed.

Do these guys fix this sort of thing? Hopefully someone can give me some more advice about this.

I personally have not had to use their service because my consoles are all under warranty still.

You should browse around the site and check it out for yourself. I'm sure they'll take care of your needs. After all, they were featured in OXM. I would say they're trustworthy.

Wreckon Dracgon
10-26-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm confused... and that doesn't happen often... why would anyone not have a warranty and have to pay Microsoft to fix their 360? All 360's have a three year warranty so even a launch system is covered until November 22, 2008.

Pieface
10-26-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm confused... and that doesn't happen often... why would anyone not have a warranty and have to pay Microsoft to fix their 360? All 360's have a three year warranty so even a launch system is covered until November 22, 2008.

There only covered against the 3 red lights for 3 years, everything else isn't under the new 3 year warranty.

Jdm
10-26-2007, 08:40 PM
There only covered against the 3 red lights for 3 years, everything else isn't under the new 3 year warranty.

Correct.

I also heard it's a One Time replacement for the RRoD.

Wreckon Dracgon
10-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Not so my gaming friend, I just had to send an Xbox back to MS not suffering from the three red lights but from the dreaded "Unplayable Disc" illness. They took it back no questions asked and sent me a card for a free year subscription to live.

Not at all happy that just this week I had to return an Elite for the same reason.

Jdm
10-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Not so my gaming friend, I just had to send an Xbox back to MS not suffering from the three red lights but from the dreaded "Unplayable Disc" illness. They took it back no questions asked and sent me a card for a free year subscription to live.

Not at all happy that just this week I had to return an Elite for the same reason.

That's because you're the Lord with special privileges.;)

Seriously though, that's what I heard. A One Time Replacement only after your 1 Year Warranty is up.

That sucks. You had to return the Elite? What happened? I think Tron had his Elite break down as well.

Wreckon Dracgon
10-26-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't know what the hell happen came home put Jericho in the Elite on Tuesday and it said "Unplayable Disc" tried Eternal Sonata, and then about 20 other games before it sunk in that it was dead. This exact same thing happened to my US regular box about 2 months ago.

If I didn't have a spare Elite and a Japanese system I'd have killed about six people this week. Luckily this one has a Best Buy warranty and I worked things out with Best Buy. I was able to pick up a new system with Forza and Marvel, $100 credit (long story about why I didn't get a new Elite, it involves an HD with lots of data).

Jdm
10-27-2007, 01:04 AM
I don't know what the hell happen came home put Jericho in the Elite on Tuesday and it said "Unplayable Disc" tried Eternal Sonata, and then about 20 other games before it sunk in that it was dead. This exact same thing happened to my US regular box about 2 months ago.

If I didn't have a spare Elite and a Japanese system I'd have killed about six people this week. Luckily this one has a Best Buy warranty and I worked things out with Best Buy. I was able to pick up a new system with Forza and Marvel, $100 credit (long story about why I didn't get a new Elite, it involves an HD with lots of data).

You had a dead Drive.

That happened to my very first 360. Into owning it brand new for 1 1/2 weeks, the drive died and completely stopped reading ALL software.

Killed 6 people? Would they happen to be members of Kotor?:p I have spare consoles myself in case the inevitable happens. 2 Premiums and a NTSC-J Core.