PDA

View Full Version : Road Map

Bringin SXC bak
07-15-2012, 07:38 AM
A Train HX Roadmap
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
-Offline: 24/24  (1000G)
-Online: 0/24 (0G)
-Approximate time to earn 1000G: 15-18 hours if you start by following Borandi's guide which is linked below.
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 8 (One completion of each of the available maps on the game disc for 'National Conquest')
-Number of missable achievements: None. (The game offers multiple save files and you can restart a map at any time)
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: None
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No. ( Each map has its own difficulty represented by a Star. One being the easiest and 3 being the hardest. None of which pertain to any achievement)
-Glitchy achievements: 'National Conquest'
-Unobtainable achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed? : None

Borandi's QuickStart guide can be found through this link. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64270

As far as glitchy achievements go, 'National Conquest' seems to be the main issue for people. If this fails to unlock after you complete all 8 maps. Simply finish the first map again and it should unlock. If not, delete any downloaded maps and finish the first map again. 

A few other achievements may unlock before you reach the desired requirements. But who's complaining?

Also, a few handy tips that don't seem to be mentioned anywhere, or at least that I haven't come across elsewhere. To earn the 'City Expansion' achievement, you need to actually sell 1000 properties to the city. I suggest making as many convenient stores, petrol stations, restaurants etc. as you can afford, and sell them via the MARKET option in the main menu by pressing LB to scroll past the shares and bank options. Rinse and repeat until you've reached 1000 or just do them all at once like I did.

Another helpful tip. When you are trying to source materials, try follow this in depth, yet simple method until you fully understand how it works... First, go to the edge of the map where you have plenty of  flat land. Now select the RAIL option and place 5 lines of track work side by side as close as it allows, each leading straight out side of the map. Make them at least 4 or 5 spaces long so that you can place your train on them an not be told that you're too close to the edge of the map. Now choose the STATION option and build a Marshalling Yard. Press X until it is 5 platforms long and connect it to the 5 lines of rail that you just built. Note that you may need to press Y to change the direction of the platforms so that the side with the thick lines are on the inner most side of the map in regards to this placement, hence allowing the trains to dock properly. Now, while still in the STATION option, d-pad right and choose the Material Yard and place at least 8 of the larger ones (d-pad up to change size) around the Marshalling Yard. All Material Yards must be connecting to one another and the inner ones must be connecting to the Marshalling Yard. Now go back and enter the TRAIN option. D-pad down to an empty slot to buy a new train. You need to buy Goods Trains. These are the ones that load/unload materials. I suggest the Model DC4 Goods Train. It's a yellow one. Now don't worry about what type of output it has because you're right near the edge of the map and speed is not a concern. But I suggest changing the Layout by pressing Y until it shows Layout 4 with a Max. Cargo of 6. This is because the game usually glitches out and if the train is larger than the station, it sometimes refuses to do its job properly. Now purchase your train and place it on the first track. Remain in the TRAIN option and purchase 4 more, remembering to press down to choose an empty slot for your next train. Now that you have your 5 goods trains up and running, you'll notice that they keep going in an out of the map and they are holding crates of material ready to be placed in your yards. Press X on your station and change the third available option to UNLOAD. Now when they exit the map to gather materials, they will come straight back and unload it into your Material Yards. To speed up the process, use the RB to go the the time option and slide it all the way across to the right. Now that you have lots of materials loading up, a good way to make easy money is to surround your material yards with some profitable stores or venues. I keep it easy and build as many Convenience Stores (CONSTRUCTION option under shops). Build as many as you can but try to keep at least 50 Million in your bank in case you get close to tax time. Now you'll notice that the more you build, the slower your money depletes. Until eventually, it starts skyrocketing up every few days. The more of these Convenience Stores you have, the more money you make. The longer you have them, the more each of them makes. Every time you earn a few hundred million, I suggest buying more and more of these stores but like I said, don't leave yourself too short. If you want to see how much your shops are profiting you each year, you can go to the REPORT option and press LB twice. Within half an hour, you should be able to gather 10 Billion dollars, which is all you need to complete each map. It's just another method of easy cash if you find playing with shares on the stock market to be a little too boring. Well I hope that helps a little bit.

I realize that this game is the furthest thing from being a popular title and so this Road Map might not get much use. But I always appreciate when someone has written one and I don't like to see a game without one as they're often helpful in deciding if I'm ready to start playing a particular title or not. Well I hope you all enjoy this awful game as much as I did :)

If you need any further help, don't be afraid to PM me or ask me on XBL.

HamsterLV
03-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanx for your guide! I appreciate the effort!