PDA

View Full Version : My frustration as a chick gamer!

Avelena
09-05-2007, 01:55 AM
I play Vegas quite often and it almost never fails that I get a comment from a fellow gamer about being a chick and being incapable of playing the game. Vegas is my favorite game and I must say I play a good one. :uzi: I am not bitching about men in general, I am just wondering what it is that makes so many guys feel like making a comment. Last night for instance, I was the last one alive and was able to finish the level by myself and at the end someone said, “Why did a chick have to get the most kills.” My response; “Well, someone generally gets more kills then the rest of the team and this time it was me.”
Do they think I cannot play as well because my boobs get in the way of holding a pistol or something? But seriously...things normally get better after I PROVE MYSELF and I just needed a place to express my frustration. For the record, everyone I have played through this site has treated me like everyone else. Thank you for that and BTW, feel free to send me a friend invite if you play terrorist hunt on Vegas

Tremlos
09-05-2007, 01:57 AM
I understand where your coming from, I see alot of immature gamers on every game and that they are playing online gives them the right to say anything they want, its just bound to happen.

Tussell
09-05-2007, 01:58 AM
Boys rule, girls drool.

That might be why.

Gr0infro
09-05-2007, 02:04 AM
Girl gamers online (especially in a shooter) are few and far between, and guys, well, Internet + anonymitity = assholes. seriously, if you were right in front of them and winning, they'd be drooling.

DoM cAbAn
09-05-2007, 02:05 AM
I wouldn't judge a gamer because of their sex; it really doesn't matter. Guys just think that girls don't have the capability or something to play a video game. I say if a girl can game, then let her.

JoeCool7835
09-05-2007, 02:08 AM
Don't worry, Avelena. My girlfriend certainly kicks my ass in games often enough! :)

Jdm
09-05-2007, 02:10 AM
Sorry to hear about the poor experiences you've had over XBL, Avelena.

I'm truly glad to hear that the members from this site treat you no different just because you are a female gamer. I know most gamers are men, but I'm not saying that this is a gaming world for men. Some guys are just ego-maniacs and others are just plain immature idiots. To make a comment like, "How come a chick has to get the most kills?" sounds like their pride was hurt. If it were a random guy that had the most kills, I bet they would not have said anything.

I know it's hard to ignore comments and people like that, but you have to try. Your skills in the game may be great, but there is always some idiot out there to criticize you. Learn to let it go, Avelena and enjoy the game that you love so much.

oneshotbilly
09-05-2007, 02:11 AM
you can take that frustration out on me, anytime ;)

PerpetualHeaven
09-05-2007, 02:20 AM
I'll tell you why... fear. Plain and simple it's fear. It's basic male instinct to be top dog. It's not evident in all animals (i.e. Bonobos) but I think that male primal instinct is there in most. Some guys just feel threatened by a woman that can beat them at something they think is wrongly considered mainly for men. The basic assumption is that women go shop, do their hair, spend hours infront of a mirror, and so forth. These are the guys who buy into this stereotypical crap. When you, a female, just got the most kills over a horde of men they'll obviously feel like they just took a shot to the ego. So what is the most common thing to do when someone is insecure? Insult.

I just have to say let it go. It's fine. Don't be frustrated. That is basically life. Full of stereotype and assholes who buy into that stereotype. Women should do this, men should do this, blah blah blah. Don't give into that kind of crap. Keep showing them up and do your thing. If they want to say something, that's because they're being insecure little babies OR they have to look for cheap thrills on the Xbox 360 which is sad in itself.

oneshotbilly
09-05-2007, 02:25 AM
same reason you get them guys that hump you on GOW + peer pressure.

Bluntman428
09-05-2007, 02:26 AM
It really is a shame how girl gamers get treated on Xbox Live. I've heard some pretty shameful shit that made me ashamed to be a gamer at times. If you're not getting stereotyped as a naieve "noob" gamer, you've got horny teenagers saying some obscene crap that you know they'd never say to your face. The worst, in my opinion, are the guys who kiss ass just to get you on their friends list. Those dudes make me sick. They'll sit there trying to show off through the whole game, while anyone who's not still a sweaty virgin's laughing at how pathetic they are.

My opinion's always been this...if you're talking to someone thousands of miles away, who really cares if they're of the opposite sex? It's just stupid to change your behavior or single someone out because they're a female. I have a total of two girls on my friends list, and they're on there because they're damn good and they're fun to play with.

But don't think for a second that girl gamers are these innocent victims they make themselves out to be. Half of the girls I've met over Xbox Live have talked more trash than any angsty hormone driven teenage boy I've run into.

I remember quite vividly joining a clan scrimmage my Gears of War team was playing against PMS. My team was getting their asses kicked before I got in there, and these girls were talking so much shit it was ridiculous. Corpse humping, downing people over and over again, smoke tagging, all that dumb crap that little kids love to do. That was until I got in there and killed their whole team 4 times in a row. Then they accused me of cheating, hacking, glitching, etc. despite the fact the game was on their host. They were quite possibly the rudest, most immature group of players I've ever met. I will never, under any circumstances, play with PMS again unless it's in a tournament. They were that damn bad. They also sucked, for the record. I triple-killed them with the boomshot twice in one match.

That's just one instance though, I've had many similar experiences. My point is, the wind blows both ways. There's assholes on both sides of the fence, you just hear more about women getting "harassed" because they're so outnumbered. Some girl gamers are just as bad, if not worse, than the dumbass guys out there.

Yoshi6107
09-05-2007, 02:27 AM
I always hear this when I'm in a game with a girl in it, or when one of my girl friends (note that I typed girl friends as two seperate words, I don't have multiple girlfriends, haha) plays on Live with me, that reaction always comes along.

I'll send you a friend request sometime, T-Hunt is pretty much all I ever do on Vegas...

oneshotbilly
09-05-2007, 02:47 AM
made me ashamed to be a gamer? WTF you talking about Bluntman? people do dumb shit all the time - if you owned a ford and then you see on the news a guy driving a ford killed someone would you be ashamed of that too :confused:

bit of an over reaction buddy...

you'll always get idiots like this throughout your life - xbox live is no different.

Smokez
09-05-2007, 02:59 AM
I know exactly how you feel. Whenever I play it's 99% of with my girlfriend. And she is a really good gamer. One of the best I know, so she gets alot of insults. Since on XBL she doesn't have a high pitched voice people usally make fun of her for that and call her fat, ugly, and girls can't play video games just because she is doing better then them. Once they findout she really is a girl they will either stop and send her a friend Request and ask for pics of her and shit or keep with the insults. I usally play with close friends so we call gang up on the person who is talking shit to her and they will stop. If that doesn't make them stop we will only go for them. We did this in Gears once, some kid was being a hotshot because he killed her so he talked shit to her all game. So we all attacked him and kept killing him. We would down him and walk away. After about 4 rounds of doing he quit. If you want people to protect you and step up for you go ahead and send me a friend request. I stand up for all the people I play and if it's ever a girl I do it more even If I don't know them.

deathbypig37x
09-05-2007, 03:03 AM
My opinion's always been this...if you're talking to someone thousands of miles away, who really cares if they're of the opposite sex? It's just stupid to change your behavior or single someone out because they're a female. I have a total of two girls on my friends list, and they're on there because they're damn good and they're fun to play with.

I remember quite vividly joining a clan scrimmage my Gears of War team was playing against PMS. My team was getting their asses kicked before I got in there, and these girls were talking so much shit it was ridiculous. Corpse humping, downing people over and over again, smoke tagging, all that dumb crap that little kids love to do. That was until I got in there and killed their whole team 4 times in a row. Then they accused me of cheating, hacking, glitching, etc. despite the fact the game was on their host. They were quite possibly the rudest, most immature group of players I've ever met. I will never, under any circumstances, play with PMS again unless it's in a tournament. They were that damn bad. They also sucked, for the record. I triple-killed them with the boomshot twice in one match.

What was that about guys showing off?:p

But seriously, I've laready stated my view on this subject many times. But here's the jist of it:
Some girls are nice, some are worse than little kids. Some girls are good, some are not. But this I gurantee; you will never see a god-awful girl playing a game. Most all of the time I've played online, the worst players I have seen were all guys. Think about that.
And also, obvioulsy, teenagers sweet-talking girls does work in some cases. Kloud told me recently about some Autsrailian 35 year-old girl being deported for going to meet a 17 year old guy she met over WOW. Creepy.

Bluntman428
09-05-2007, 03:07 AM
made me ashamed to be a gamer? WTF you talking about Bluntman?

What am I talking about? I'm talking about the stereotype that gamers are anti-social recluses who turn to videogames because they can't function socially like "normal" people. That they don't have girlfriends, live in their mothers' basements, etc. This kind of behavior reinforces that ideology, and it sucks for those of us who don't fall into that stereotype.

Fact is, that's the way the general public looks at gamers. People like Jack Thompson use these foul-mouthed, racist, sexist twats as examples in their crusade against gaming. This issue is just one of many that's holding gaming back from being a publicly acceptable form of entertainment.

You have any idea how many times I've heard that I'm a "loser" because my gamerscore's over 20k? Or I need to go get a job? I take it with a grain of salt, because I've got 2 jobs and my social life's more active than I'd like it to be sometimes. But I play games for a few hours a day after work, and happen to be good at them, so I'm apparently a loser. More educated folks need to stand up to break the stereotypes, not enforce them by doing the shit Avelena's referring to.

What was that about guys showing off?:p

I was just using the incident with PMS as an example.

Anyone who's familiar with PMS is well aware of their antics online. ;)

Smokez
09-05-2007, 03:15 AM
Haha Bluntman I kno what your talking about the GS. When I played gears back in April people say how I had no life because my gamerscore is so high. I even had one kid who played more games then me and called me a loser because I had a higher gamerscore then anyone. Yes I laugh at the kids who sweet talk the girls and will show off for them and be really really nice to them.

TeamPF
09-05-2007, 03:18 AM
lols! anyways, im new here. wanna play R6V? dont kick me as i have a red dot. my gamertag is teampf.

cheers.

Cyrex
09-05-2007, 03:44 AM
If your really having problem's then go talk to Pandora she got banned from XBL for stuff like this. She also has a GS of like 85,000 so just think of all the jelous guys who have less GS.

Tiamat66
09-05-2007, 04:00 AM
Girl gamers aren't a problem for me, I've been dealing with it for a long time. When Mortal Kombat II came out on SNES, I could kill just about anybody on it. Then my sister's new friend came along, and she kicked my ass with every character in the game. I got used to it, and ended up going out with her for five years. Most of the shit you hear is probably from some dumbass, virgin teenagers who probably will remain so for quite some time. Let them talk shit, you are the one that is kicking their ass at the game, and thats thats better then any insult they can come up with...

Creech
09-05-2007, 04:10 AM
Sorry you had a bad experience, Avelena. I think the problem is that as a general rule the policing system is largely ineffective, and people know it. If someone acts like a jerk and gets bad feedback, they usually have a whole bunch of jerk friends who can leave them positive feedback and/or leave negative feedback against the complainer.

Pandora's case I think is a prime example of how the system can be abused and still be ineffective in actually controlling behavior. Not to say that I have a better idea on how it should work, and policing early teenage angst is not something I would volunteer for!

However, this just shows that you should play with me more instead of ignoring my game invites. Oh, crap. Wait a minute...I think I ignored yours yesterday. Sorry about that...

:p

SRH KRONIC
09-05-2007, 04:13 AM
See what happens is since there's so few females online that when males see one they go crazy thinking that because your a female and they're a male your going to all of a sudden want him or something along those lines...
I know it's immature but hey, what can you do, the fact that you don't take it like a bitch and stop playing makes you that much of a bigger person then them.

Keep on owning noobs...

Haly
09-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Prove them wrong and/or ignore them, that's what I tend to do. Don't really let it annoy me anymore as I had enough years of it when I played Counterstrike.
Not had any problems in a while but it's probably because I'm more of an average player now so I don't stick out as good, that's probably what annoys them more than your gender. They just pick on your gender because it's an easy thing to use.
Also, find a good group of friends online and stick with playing with them, makes it more enjoyable anyhow. :)

ThrillKillBill
09-05-2007, 09:58 AM
having gamed with her I can say she kicks ass! I would pick her over most guys because she actually stays alive most the time.

basically, ignore the noobs that trashtalk you and keep doing your thing girl ;)

Clipse 2
09-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Personally I enjoy playing on the same team as a girl in a FPS. I remember back when I was playing Halo 2 a girl was on my team in a team slayer battle. She was laid back, quiet, and just did her thing. I didn't have to listen to some pubescent boy whining about how somebody lit them up. On the other hand there was a lot of whining from the other team because she was kicking their asses and they didn't like losing to a girl. Personally I was loving it and laughed my ass off.

Avelena, keep doing your thing and posting on here. In a few months when you can sign up to be in the clans; then you'll be playing with some "brothers" who will stick up for you. ;)

PerpetualHeaven
09-05-2007, 01:40 PM
I agree with all of you. With bastards like these growing in numbers, it's hard for video games to be accepted as an artistic form of entertainment. I mean for comics it's come a long way to being seen as a form literature and video games is going through the same thing. Only difference is you can easily go online with video games and see the fan base.

There are so many dicks online it's just sad. There's this one girl in particular I played with and she was really good. Guys were harassing her and her boyfriend was in the game. He didn't even do anything. So I just told off the guys but man, some of them are just desperate or something because one or two them just wouldn't stop.

There was even this nice girl that joined the game but these guys harassed her so bad she left. Even my girlfriend. She joined a game vs a host and his friend by herself (first time playing) and she was talking to them but they didn't respond and all they did was hump her when they downed her. I had to intervene and eventually I got kicked because I was beating them. She never wanted to play Gears of War ever again.

I like the fact that there are girls playing video games. Why not? It's for everyone. The person I played most with for a certain period of time was this girl named Spring Chicken. Awesome awesome person.

Thing is it won't ever stop. Females and different races still get paid less interestingly enough. Different cultures and religions still get treated different by a lot of people. It's something you have to live with and how you decide to retaliate it's all up to you. Personally I heard the gamerscore bit so many times. On Perpetualheaven I had 59,000 like around Feb (only have 62,000 now). It's just stupid. I usually just say "yeah" and eventually they stop saying anything. Don't show emotion or they get a kick out of twisting your tit.

Legends xExilex
09-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Who cares about them just rub it in there face that you got more kills because they suck and you are better then them.

oVo Pandora oVo
09-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Interesting topic I know what you are going through I've been through it all. Before the 360 I played the xbox and only online games like the Ghost Recon Series, Halo 2 of course mainly shooter games as those are my favorites, then racing games like PGR2 then golf and this is what I have found over the 5 years of playing. Only in FPS in my experiences do you get the egotistical male macho guys the worst a man can get. Like you have described above, at first I was all about proving I was just as good as a "Man" and I was just as good and better than most of my friends. I could carry my weight and I didn't take any shite from guys. After awhile of getting tired of going into a room and first being asked if I was a girl, or once you spoke and they could hear a girl in the room you'll always get the pervs coming onto to ya, you'll get the ego driven men talking crap to ya and you'll always get one or two nice quite guys who will either mind their own business or stick up for you and most guaranteed at least half to send you FR's.

It's a Heinz variety which I don't mind, I have gotten use to all kinds. I am at the point where I don't have to prove my worth anymore, only to myself. I don't take the crap although it does take alot to really push my buttons to the point where I am not so nice. I also know what I am and am not good at and I'll be the first to admit if I suck at something. Guys have challenged me even to this day to go head to head with them. Sometimes I'll do it just so I can hear their friends say " You just got owned by a girl and laugh" Those make it worth putting up with the crap. I do admit at first it did offend me having to prove a girl is just as good as a boy. But now once you understand the men/boy gamers you just have to shrug it off. I also admit I am no saint when it comes to trash talk I haven't done it really since the 360 came out simply because I haven't stuck with any mulitplayer games long enough but my oldest gamer friends can attest to my potty mouth :). My friends in Halo came up with a term for me instead of a TeaBag they called it a Clam Dip was funny to hear them say that but some guys deserved that.

I've also been unjustly banned, have lost my stars numerous times all because I don't take crap from guys or even worse beating them. I could go on and on about the jerks that will never change in the gaming world or in Real life and on the same token Women are just as bad too, I've met quite a few. Eventually you just get use to it, seriously guys aren't very original they all same the stuff it will get old and once you come out of the mentality of feeling you have to prove your worth, you'll just tune those idiots out. Just keep kicking their asses and do what you like to do. It does get better :) But FPS is where those kind of immature little boys hang out the most, they aren't nearly as bad in other less aggressive games.

And on a side note off topic Smokez what's with the pink my eyes hurt from reading your posts lol

Justicezero
09-05-2007, 03:39 PM
you think that's bad...play uno as a chick with a cam. I've seen games inwhich a guy will come in and be like "Hey girl, how u doing with your (Name body part)","Oh you got a husband?...he aint a real man.."(as if he's going to prove to her on his cam in uno he's a real man) And i'm sitting there trying not to sound like a nerd when i say..."Hey buddy this is uno" People get vile to women on xbox live, hence i feel bad for ladies with real girly tags that notify everyone to their gender immediately.

teh x3nomorph
09-05-2007, 03:46 PM
You honestly just have to learn to tune it out. When I play by myself, I mute myself just to save hearing all the crap that spews forth from guys on FPS's.

But, when Im playing with boys from the Dream Team, I talk all I want, and if my skills don't make them shut up, the guys usually chime in with an insult or 2 to make them shut up.

Only once on Shadowrun have I really lost it and flipped out on someone, and I did that a few times on Halo 2.

But, you honestly just have to tune it out, and just keep on playing. I don't have R6:V yet, but if you want another girl on your list, please feel free to add me.

Sorry that you have to deal with that, but as a chick who has been gaming now for about 5 years, its just the way of the world. And, on a side note, I went to numeours Halo 1 and 2 tournaments, and guys are just as much dicks in person as they are on live. Never before in my life have I been told so much to be taught how to use my hands and mouth before.

And Pandora, in addition to your clam dip ... I call that a V-bag. ;)

oVo Pandora oVo
09-05-2007, 03:47 PM
you think that's bad...play uno as a chick with a cam. I've seen games inwhich a guy will come in and be like "Hey girl, how u doing with your (Name body part)","Oh you got a husband?...he aint a real man.."(as if he's going to prove to her on his cam in uno he's a real man) And i'm sitting there trying not to sound like a nerd when i say..."Hey buddy this is uno" People get vile to women on xbox live, hence i feel bad for ladies with real girly tags that notify everyone to their gender immediately.

That is just one of the reasons I wouldn't buy a cam, oh the things I have seen online I hadn't played uno after the cam came out and one day I go in their to play with a friend the second they saw my tag non stop do you got a cam I'd say no and they leave then the next guy same thing. Then just watching some dude showing straight up porn really quite amazed how that fun game has turned into Perville lol

MangeM
09-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I can't speak for men in general but I'd rather play with nice girls than immature "men" any day of the week, I don't see a reason why someones gender would be an obstacle no matter what game they're playing.
Heck, I'd probably be pistolwhipped and degraded just as well by a girl as I would by a man (being single I'd probably like it too)...

Kidding aside, we need more girls in gaming and I hope the obnoxious a**holes dont deter women from joining our ranks.

Comon ST
09-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Honest to god, peoples ego's theses days are out of fucking wack. I have defended every single girl gamer I have come across, good or bad. One time in H2, some guy kept on making sexist comments towards a girl I was in a party with. He kept on saying so much fucking shit, So I was like fuck this, started cussing at him and shit. I wont go into any details, but he was like Woah? and left. Noone even talked the rest of the match, except for me and the chick.

And even though Im not a girl gamer, I get the same shit that they all do. I barely talk to people in games anymore because I always get the fucking Im like 8 and my mom bought this game for me. Especially in Gears. Some of you do know that I just turned 16 in August, and that I can hold my own in games, but sometimes its fucking stupid. Its not my fault that microphones tend to make my voice higher pitched...

Ave... (Topic maker) Feel free to add me if you want, Ill stick up for you. Ill cuse a guy out if I have to. :D

Avelena
09-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Well then. I certainly did not expect to get this much feedback about this topic but it was very nice to hear from all of you and your personal experience with this topic. (minus Tussell) :)
I will certainly never give up playing live because of some bad eggs out there, especially with so many decent people playing Vegas from this site. Like Pandora said, I just need to shrug it off.

Magooush
09-05-2007, 09:42 PM
I stand up for all the people I play and if it's ever a girl I do it more even If I don't know them.

Yes I laugh at the kids who sweet talk the girls and will show off for them and be really really nice to them.

Cough? Lol, Anyways.. As someone said before it is the "Alpha male" situations or just immature gamers. Hopefully there will be a way in the future to further separate us from 'them'. :p

P.S. Completly different.. but Us "Youngsters" get fired at as well. Not saying anyone who isn't 14-19 shouldn't play video games. But to all of you "Mature and elder gamers"; You once were a kid and most likly did some irresponsible or immature stuff. Plus, not all "Youngsters" are immature. Yes, Most of them are, but many I know whom are and aren't from this site.
Sorry had to defend my ego. :p. EDIT: Common knows what I'm talking about! (plus some more since he is even younger!) <- was not meant to be a targeting statement.

P.S.S. Just got RS:V recently. So, I'd be happy to get to play some T-Hunts. Warning: I'm not insanely good.

Nigel Creech
09-05-2007, 10:01 PM
I gotta say that 99.99% of the time I get owned (and I say owned for a reason) in a video game its by girls, and I don't mind. I think its great tha t girls are gaming. The two games I find most girls playing are Splinter Cell Double Agent and Rainbow Six Vegas (mainly because those are the only games I play on live).

When I play Vegas in a Sharpshooter match with you you are an EXCELENT shot(sp). I have to say though, don't feel alone in the situation. I have found many kids (under 13) getting the same crap that you've been getting.

I will admit I enjoy playing with females gamers more then male gamers because they are nicer and most of the time funny.(A good example is playing with you)

invincible rob
09-05-2007, 10:22 PM
If they're really giving you trouble........say you're twelve years old and continuously accuse everyone else in the room of being a paedophile.

pongsifu
09-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Because we have fragile little egos :D

Although you have to admit its hilarious to listen to a guy try to impress a girl over xbox live or the internet in hopes of getting a girlfriend he will never meet just to 'brag' to his friends he has one.

Some girls on the other hand seem to use this just for attention in games and I've heard one girl tell another chick to get out of the game because she wanted to be the only chick there. I know not all of them want attention, but some do.

kragore138
09-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Does it really maatter boy, girl, man or women ? Its all about the gaming and bagging those achievements and having a good time. LET FIGHTING LOVE

Honkymagoo
09-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Personally I've had a number of friends who were girls on online games. I've got a few on Xbox Live and before that Socom 2, Final Fantasy 11, and WoW. You may think the amount of girls who play video games is very small but you may just be playing the wrong games. MMORPG's are flooded with women gamers and regardless of the game I treat them exactly like I would treat anyone else. If they are annoying I tell them to shut up if they are nice and I enjoy playing with them I'll be friends with them.

Comon ST
09-06-2007, 01:56 AM
I've heard that song before...no offense to you, but I know quite a few people who blame their mics for higher-pitched voices. Unless you're Urkle, Screech, or Fogle(Mclovin) I don't think your voice should come out high. I'm sorry, but if your voice HAS changed, then you won't sound all that higher on the mic then you really are. I'm not questioning your age, I totally believe you. But it obviously isn't the mic in some cases. (I haven't heard you, but I've heard some others who really were over 13 and still sounded young) I mean, some girls have voices deeper then some of these kids, so it can't be the mic if you sound 8 years-old. But whatever, I'm just saying that I've been jaded by hearing that excuse too many times before.

(I've said thid before, but I'll say it again) But if you think having a high voice is bad, think about having a deep voice. I'm 15 years-old and I have a deep voice (or so I'm told). I really hate when people accuse me of being 37 years old and being a pedefile. Usually it isn't a problem unless I'm playing with little kids or *some* girls. Little kids who hear my voice automatically say "shut up. you probably live in your mom's basement you old fat pig". And when I say "get more kills" to some girls who don't have some, they will say "I bet you wanna rape me perv".
I am tired of it. I'm also getting tired of being called fat because of my voice. I am 6' 2". I weigh 135 pounds. I eat more than anyone else I know, but I have an extremely fast metabolism, so I stay slim. Despite this, I still get accused of being a fat, lazy, pedefile. THAT'S something that ruins gaming for me.

Actually, I have a randomly higher pitched voice then usual... And it just seems to be different on Live. Death, I know you can believe what you want about me, and according so some, mainly Pouply, I actually seem more mature then most for my age, and some though I was in my 20s. But when you get me on Live, I sound 10ish. It fucking sucks cause I get mocked everyday. And people still say that Im fat over Xbox, even though they have never seen me. Ill admit it, I am overweight, but its genetic... So WTF?

Off Topic: Death, if you feel like it, Ill play almost about anything. I hate how people mock me over shit, and well even though I can prove myself, I always get the teammates who do shit all. And I raped a guy in Gears one day who called me a 10yo 300 pound lazy asshole.

Mad Mike 724
09-06-2007, 03:28 AM
Power to the women!!!!!!!!

:uzi::uzi::uzi:

Danny Dibo
09-06-2007, 04:43 AM
There is nothing someone could say on XBL, that would make me worry about myself or question my self confidence.
No words are gonna make me try to prove myself to anyone. Its a basic insecurity in men and women to be defensive about things we are not completely comfortable with. When people start saying shit to you, just laugh and say "oh ya?" The more you do that, the more you will piss them off because they will see your not fazed by the stupid and incredibly repetitive shit they will say to you.

Works better then you would think!!

Feel free to send me a FR. If your good at R6 ill play, regardless of your sex, age, etc.

HiddenPandas
09-06-2007, 08:50 AM
I say

Let the noobs be noobs.

And keep on shattering their self confidence.

:uzi:

Eff n00bs.

Not to be confused with Newb.

druminfected
09-06-2007, 09:07 AM
There's always going to be one jerk in the bunch. I think the people that say junk about girl gamers is one simple fact. You are better than them, and that's why they take it out on you with the trash talk.

I myself don't talk trash, I usually get my arse handed to me when I do. Now if someone talks trash, I don't say anything until I win.... then I talk trash if they did before :)

Ignore the jerks and keep on gamin!

p4in redefined
09-06-2007, 10:55 AM
meh guys are guys and because no one knows who they really are they take advantage of it. normally most stuff like that ive seen is when theres a group of guys in the game who all know eachother and they try and show off to one another. its like i get a comment everygame on my accent and how im British and cant play then they shut up when i go 26 kill to 3 deaths in team slayer.

teh x3nomorph
09-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Actually, I have a randomly higher pitched voice then usual... And it just seems to be different on Live. Death, I know you can believe what you want about me, and according so some, mainly Pouply, I actually seem more mature then most for my age, and some though I was in my 20s. But when you get me on Live, I sound 10ish. It fucking sucks cause I get mocked everyday. And people still say that Im fat over Xbox, even though they have never seen me. Ill admit it, I am overweight, but its genetic... So WTF?

Off Topic: Death, if you feel like it, Ill play almost about anything. I hate how people mock me over shit, and well even though I can prove myself, I always get the teammates who do shit all. And I raped a guy in Gears one day who called me a 10yo 300 pound lazy asshole. I didn't think you sounded that young when I played with you.

Granted, you didn't talk a whole lot, and for some reason our connection to each other sucked for a few games, but you don't have THAT high of a voice.

Just keep playing with me. :)

Vampire x360a
09-06-2007, 04:36 PM
same reason you get them guys that hump you on GOW + peer pressure.
no the only reason they do that is cause they cant get any in real life !! anywayz back to the gamer chick discussion, well to be honest with you i dont think its ever going change im afriad girls the comments will allways come :( but luckerly for you, you belong to possibley the best WAIt no the best 360 communtiy on the net so you can play with people who can treat you how you want :)

wow reading back through that i sound so mature mm maybe im starting to act my age not my shoe size :woop:

Comon ST
09-06-2007, 07:22 PM
I didn't think you sounded that young when I played with you.

Granted, you didn't talk a whole lot, and for some reason our connection to each other sucked for a few games, but you don't have THAT high of a voice.

Just keep playing with me. :)

Thanks x3no. We got to get in some more Shadowrun. I might be on tonight, depends on how Im feeling.. (I have heat stroke or something) And the connection was bad because of my friends faulty ethernet cords :p

teh x3nomorph
09-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks x3no. We got to get in some more Shadowrun. I might be on tonight, depends on how Im feeling.. (I have heat stroke or something) And the connection was bad because of my friends faulty ethernet cords :p Well, send me a message if you get on. I gotta help a few people out with some other games, but then Ill be on Shadowrun for sure.

Feel better btw. Lots of water, and lay down flat on your back, and elevate your feet.

Also, ice packs on your forehead and back of the neck will help as well.

Comon ST
09-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Well, send me a message if you get on. I gotta help a few people out with some other games, but then Ill be on Shadowrun for sure.

Feel better btw. Lots of water, and lay down flat on your back, and elevate your feet.

Also, ice packs on your forehead and back of the neck will help as well.

X3no, I heart you. ;)
Ill do that and be on later. :D

And Avelena, take this one advice, when someone pisses you off with that girl bullshit, get a bunch of girl gamers, chanellenge them to a game of whatever, and completely humilaty them. It would also be awsome if you could capture it using a video capture card or something :p Host on youtube and watch the comments pour in. Don't read them though. You never know what could be said.
Like my dad always says, "The best revenge is to himulate them."

TheLazyWolf
09-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Most of the time they are young and awkward in real life, aren't used to talking to girls, and are just trying to get your attention and have no idea how else to do it. Ignore them.

edit: On the mic thing, I used a plantronics in ear mic for a long time, and when i got a new standard headset it freaked a couple of my friends out who had only heard my voice on the plantronics one. It (plantronics) had apparently been making my voice sound much higher.

Weapon 117
09-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Unless people change, there will always be people insulting other people on online gaming. If not all video games have stories about real morals then the social multiplayer aspect of games will be harsh. Female heroines in games are for the most part are either half naked, wearing tight clothing or not dressing modestly. Some examples would be Lara Croft, Joanna Dark, the girls of Dead or Alive, the girls from the Mortal Kombat series, Rayne from Blood Rayne, Nina Williams from the Tekken series, etc. So if women aren't protrayed in a respectful manner in that way, then odds are women won't be respected in the mutliplayer aspect of gaming. Also, the award for being a chick gamer on this site is a picture of a girl wearing very little clothing with two pistols. Odds are the girls who have that award don't dress like that and it's eye candy for the guys on this site.

In the end it comes down to respecting one another everywhere. In the future who is going to care who got more kills then the other in an online match. It's just a game, have fun.

Seb The Sheep
09-07-2007, 02:59 AM
I really feel for you Avelena and I'm sorry that you are treated this way... I really don't know why this happens... It's kinda sad some people have nothing better to do than insult someone because they're female...
I know a girl on Xbox Live, met her from 'Dead or Alive 4', she's really the nicest person you could ever meet... And we're all having fun and then someone will join our game and start insulting her because she's a girl or because she has a strong accent, it really makes me sad and that's why 45~% of my bad feedback is trash talk, because I stick up for people and they can't take it so they leave me bad feedback...

If you ever need / want someone to stick up for you, FR me, although, I don't play Vegas... (yet!)

Skillet
09-07-2007, 03:35 AM
I've played with four girls already, one in Gears of War and three in Halo 2. I have to say, every one of them could and did kick my ass on several occasions in Halo 2 but the one in Gears of War was just getting started and really wasn't that bad.

The most disturbing was the one that corpse humped me in Halo 2...that was just weird.

As long as a girl doesn't expect me to go easy on her because she's a girl, I don't have a problem with her. I think the biggest problem with guys commenting about girl gamers is the fact that they are so few and far between. If their was an equal ammount of girl gamers as the guys, I'm sure this problem would be nonexistant.

Honkymagoo
09-07-2007, 08:16 AM
As far as little kids on live go I'm not a big fan. Now don't get me wrong, if there's a kid who acts mature and says relevant things when he speaks or can add to a conversation I'm fine with that. 99% of the kids I hear on live talk and talk and talk about NOTHING! and they think they're cool because they can curse over the internet. Then they'll cheat, team kill, and ruin the game. I try not to judge based on age, race, sex, but it's hard when people fit the stereotypes so well.

ruff
09-07-2007, 09:25 AM
I play Vegas quite often and it almost never fails that I get a comment from a fellow gamer about being a
chick and being incapable of playing the game. Vegas is my favorite game and I must say I play a good one. :uzi: I am not bitching about men in general, I am just wondering what it is that makes so many guys feel like making a comment. Last night for instance, I was the last one alive and was able to finish the level by myself and at the end someone said, “Why did a chick have to get the most kills.” My response; “Well, someone generally gets more kills then the rest of the team and this time it was me.”
Do they think I cannot play as well because my boobs get in the way of holding a pistol or something? But seriously...things normally get better after I PROVE MYSELF and I just needed a place to express my frustration. For the record, everyone I have played through this site has treated me like everyone else. Thank you for that and BTW, feel free to send me a friend invite if you play terrorist hunt on Vegas

Of course people are gonna hate on female players, simply because people are immature. You are aware of the fact you're playing with mostly pubescent teenage boys anyways, right?

End of the day, it still is the internet and not everything you see or hear is gonna please you so just don't let it ruin your experience.

teh x3nomorph
09-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Unless people change, there will always be people insulting other people on online gaming. If not all video games have stories about real morals then the social multiplayer aspect of games will be harsh. Female heroines in games are for the most part are either half naked, wearing tight clothing or not dressing modestly. Some examples would be Lara Croft, Joanna Dark, the girls of Dead or Alive, the girls from the Mortal Kombat series, Rayne from Blood Rayne, Nina Williams from the Tekken series, etc. So if women aren't protrayed in a respectful manner in that way, then odds are women won't be respected in the mutliplayer aspect of gaming. Also, the award for being a chick gamer on this site is a picture of a girl wearing very little clothing with two pistols. Odds are the girls who have that award don't dress like that and it's eye candy for the guys on this site.

In the end it comes down to respecting one another everywhere. In the future who is going to care who got more kills then the other in an online match. It's just a game, have fun. Thats an interesting thought.

Oh, and I own that bikini and walk around with pistols when I grocery shop. ;)

But, I never really thought about it that way. I used to get upset by trash talk, and now it doesn't even phase me one way or the other. Sure, to you I may be fat and ugly and a lesbian, but sadly, nothing could be further from the truth in real life.

ruff
09-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Oh, and I own that bikini and walk around with pistols when I grocery shop. ;)

omfgz! ASL! PIX PLZ!!!!!!!!! :p

CittiCringle
09-08-2007, 01:04 AM
Do you think it differs a lot between games? I say this cause, i really did think that it would be like the OP described when i joined Xbox Live but i have never once seen it. I've had exactly the opposite experience.

I mainly play Cod 3 online and sometimes i'm top of the team, sometimes i suck http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/c0/cutelaugh.gif but the reaction has always been no different to as if i was a guy. If i'm top people aren't surprised and i don't get the piss taken if i'm rubbish.

Hmmm, maybe i sound like a guy! Lol Although maybe it's that all the guys sound like girls anyway throught the headsets! Lmao

DisposedCheese
09-08-2007, 07:08 PM
online is full of mysogony you cant really change that. but i really like your GT its so original and it stands out nicely.

KlicK
09-08-2007, 09:03 PM
The only girls I've encountered on XBL was when I was playing Lost Planet. I've only played against a few girls on Gears of War. I don't really care what the sex of anybody is when I'm playing online, but if someone starts talking shit to you, don't talk shit back. Don't stoop to their level. I've muted *dozens* of people on Xbox Live because they can't shut their mouths. I just give them bad reputation, and keep playing.

But it gets really bad when you're playing against twelve year olds (who shouldn't be on Xbox Live in the first place) who will talk shit to you the entire time because their parents aren't home. Wiggers, potheads, etc, they all piss me off to.

Fullawka14
09-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah thats what i do not get is people think only guys can play video games. It doesn't say on the game console or on any games, only for guys. Whenever i hear a girl playing gears or any other games i just treat them like anyone else.

psychoticbox
09-09-2007, 05:31 AM
I hear you. I've been trying to play UNO for the past couple days and end up having to get off because of all the unwanted pet names, crude behavior, and come ons. I really feel harassed. It doesn't happen as often when I play Gears though. On a side note I don't want the female gamer achievement award because I don't want some skinny chick in a barely there bikini because that's NOT what I'm about.

MinorArmageddon
09-09-2007, 07:00 AM
My friend recently bought a 360 and you should hear the talk she gets. She wants to change her name because it's so obvious it's a girl. I have to play UNO in a private chat now with her because it's so bad. Everyone is messaging her "ASL!!" It's quite pathetic.

PerpetualHeaven
09-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Of course people are gonna hate on female players, simply because people are immature. You are aware of the fact you're playing with mostly pubescent teenage boys anyways, right?

End of the day, it still is the internet and not everything you see or hear is gonna please you so just don't let it ruin your experience.

That's not true. That automatic assumption is why people frown upon video games. The actual average age of a gamer is around 33 years old.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/top_10_facts.php

You're just assuming that it's some kid under 18 years old. How do you know? By their voice? Come on. I despise how people take shots at younger kids constantly on here. Adults are MUCH MUCH worse. Unless you don't play video games at all, I would have to say the college kids are much worse and people around that age. I mean all of you who complain about younger ones are so damn hypocritical. Make yourself sound like you were some obedient perfect child. I admit I didn't curse not even 1% as much as kids today, but regardless I was pretty annoying and I know every kid is annoying at some point or another. So don't type here complaining about some kids. They want to play games just like anyone else. Sure during the process you may have some little bastard, but who cares? I'm sure it's some acceptance deal or they want to "fit" in. That's all.

As for the ladies, just ignore it. Who really cares. If you let them know it gets to you that's when they intensify it. I don't see it as a really big deal as I've been harassed for my voice and gamer score endlessly being called a big fat tub, having no girlfriend, etc. Just let it go and continue gaming ;) You give in and they win.

CovertDog
09-09-2007, 02:27 PM
That's not true. That automatic assumption is why people frown upon video games. The actual average age of a gamer is around 33 years old.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/top_10_facts.php

You're just assuming that it's some kid under 18 years old. How do you know? By their voice? Come on. I despise how people take shots at younger kids constantly on here. Adults are MUCH MUCH worse. Unless you don't play video games at all, I would have to say the college kids are much worse and people around that age.

Sure the average age could be 33, but if your playing a game with nine mature 33 year olds and inmature teen, who are you going to remember. Of course its going to be the teen. I don't really blame them for there actions though. Most kids are hyperactive at that age and there trying to sit in one spot and play a video game. If there legs aren't moving it tends to be there mouth.

PerpetualHeaven
09-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Sure the average age could be 33, but if your playing a game with nine mature 33 year olds and inmature teen, who are you going to remember. Of course its going to be the teen. I don't really blame them for there actions though. Most kids are hyperactive at that age and there trying to sit in one spot and play a video game. If there legs aren't moving it tends to be there mouth.

True but most of my experiences have been with people around 20+ years old. I have seen some kids who haven't even done anything and older people are instantly harassing them. Some of them just sit their quietly but I find some people just like to stir crap with them to get them all fired up. I was saying the average gamer is around 33, but my point was saying that most of the experiences could have been much older. I mean the voices are deceiving. How do we know that they are really 14,15,16, etc? People think I'm like 14 sometimes when I'm 19. I always get badgered for it. A lot of people around my age or older instantly harassed me in the lobby before a game even starts.

And out of all the people in Gears of War, I would have to say the 20+ range are the people who always talk crap before the game even starts. "You guys ready to lose you noobs?", blah blah.

CovertDog
09-09-2007, 02:40 PM
True but most of my experiences have been with people around 20+ years old. I have seen some kids who haven't even done anything and older people are instantly harassing them. Some of them just sit their quietly but I find some people just like to stir crap with them to get them all fired up. I was saying the average gamer is around 33, but my point was saying that most of the experiences could have been much older. I mean the voices are deceiving. How do we know that they are really 14,15,16, etc? People think I'm like 14 sometimes when I'm 19. I always get badgered for it. A lot of people around my age or older instantly harassed me in the lobby before a game even starts.

Don't get me wrong, there are a'holes at every age. My belief is there just a small percentage as the age frame increases. No one should be getting harassed over there age, ecspecially if they haven't even done anything, but everyone has had the experience with a younger player. So when the hear that younger sounding voice they are thinking "Here we go again." With me the younger they are the less the bother me. It doesn't bother me to be harassed by pint sized punks, its the older ones that should know better that bothers me more.

Vampire x360a
09-09-2007, 02:45 PM
i did have 5 girl gamers on my friends list all where about my age (15) i didnt really treat them any different they didnt want me to, there was one who had a real girlie name and she had to change it because there were guys making rude comments, its sick really because she was only 12 !!

Fueledbyramenlol
06-11-2008, 08:29 PM
My friends little sister is 12 years old and a old man (he had to be atleast 40) sent her pictures of him naked on UNO. It was appalling how a adult would do that to a 12 year old girl.

deathchant
06-11-2008, 10:10 PM
HOORAY FOR YOU. congratulations on bringing up a thread this is 9 months old. did you search specifically for this or what?

newbsicle
06-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Get some tougher skin?

kiwi18
06-11-2008, 10:28 PM
9 month old thread...

Mods:locked

Darth Odan
06-11-2008, 10:37 PM
You'll get the same thing for any game on XBL. I get trashed because I speak Spanish. " Look, the Spic won! Mow my lawn" and it goes on. Just deal with it.

FlyBoy120586
06-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Sounds to me like grade school all over again. The only thing that has changed is the playground.

neoadorable
06-12-2008, 01:02 AM
clever post, it's indeed only the playground that changed. plus, it's just another offshoot of the hate, which will never die. as was posted before, so-called people act like this when they are insecure and know that you are better than them. for some so-called people knowing someone is better than them is like a headache that won't go away. they're the ones to become flesh-eaters in fiction - it's the chance they're all waiting for!

greatREDvinny
06-12-2008, 01:12 AM
People will talk trash and make fun of anybody for any reason, its simple as that.

gatorbait
06-12-2008, 12:30 PM
HOORAY FOR YOU. congratulations on bringing up a thread this is 9 months old. did you search specifically for this or what?

I noticed that too, I wonder why people go way back to bring up some random topics.

But anyways, I thought it was an interesting topic to say the least. It's really sad when Live is one of the 360's best aspects but then you get on there and there are many people like this. The worst part is that it isn't just sexism but racism or even just to hate someone in general. Live is a great way to meet new people and test your skills but the whole experience is really brought down a lot when you meet people like this. Actions always speak louder then words so just own them and they won't have much to talk about.

KENMACK39
06-12-2008, 12:37 PM
i dont see it at as problem playing with "chicks" if there good then there good. If they bag you just give em shit or ignore them thats way i see it.

Creech
06-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah, this thread died way back, folks....

:locked