PDA

View Full Version : Do not buy! Worst racer ever!

Obama bin laggn
07-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Just a warning for anyone thinking of gettin this... DONT!!! I can't even believe ferrari put their name on it, the handling is god awful, ai rides on rails and pinballs u all over the place if u lose any sec at all. And tryin to maneuver thru all traffic on 25 min races without bumpin or touching anything, with only 3 track cuts, which I sometime get penalized for crossing onto the rumble strips w 2 wheels tryn to shave secs, or jus stay ahead enough to not get punballed into a sticky or magnetic guardrail. When u slightly rub a car side by side or a railing u will become glued or stuck to it, unable to maneuver away let alone save track position. I was watching a replay of this(u can rotate the camera) and noticed that the rims stick out farther than the tires, which acts like a hook on anything, like ur just floating on black spots. Lol. This was even delayed... What did they fix? Can't imagine bein any worse. I personally will be sacraficing my trade in value to torch this disc and make the world a little cleaner and happier, this game should not exist! Ps I think one of the programmers is my cousin, he's blind, has no thumbs and iq of 26

mrj3d
07-15-2012, 11:08 PM
I didn't even know this came out. Remember hearing about it ages ago. Guess I haven't been missing anything.

BlueWind
07-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Clench your teeth.
If not, tell me how do you get this 130000G?

ChickinOnaChain
07-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Well, I wasn't going to get I anyway but thanks for the heads up.

Dillagence
07-18-2012, 05:05 AM
I've heard nothing but bad things about this game, it's a shame because with the Ferrari name attached to it you would expect it to be one of the best racers. I think I'll pass on this one.

DangerousK
07-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Getting the full 1000 actually requires effort on this game.

It's funny how a lot of us thought it wouldn't be too bad when the achievement list was released. It looked relatively basic. Well, it is relatively basic, but there was no way to know the difficulty level would be what it is.

It's annoying because the game could have been way more than it is, and it should have been way more. The car selection is quite good. The tracks, they needed more. The graphics needed to be better, and most importantly the handling needed to be way better. If Campaign mode had been done in a better manner, it wouldn't have felt like going to the dentist.

Alexander8100
07-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Certain two facts on this post are unequivocally the best we have all had.I'm agreed what's said above.

fivebyfive200
07-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Not surprised the handling is shit, Slightly mad studios made this game. Shift had bad handling until they patched it. You think they would of learned for shift 2, no, they go and make it fucking worse!

Suntrooper
08-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Honestly I think the handling is way better than in Shift.
At least if you use a steering wheel. Then the handling is pretty precise and the force feedback ist great.
Of course there are better racing games (Forza and Codemasters games), but FRL is somewhat special, giving you historic cars and track that dont appear in other games.
I expected the worst but now I love the game.

Oh and there are a lot of casual gamers trying to play it and then hating it because you need some driving skill without being able to use a rewind function. Nothing better than the thrill of driving 24 minutes on the Nordschleife and hoping that you'll get the last few turns right :)

CHIRUNO99
08-07-2012, 06:28 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8e/RACE_Pro.jpg
I can think of a game which is much worse.

Also Shift is good once you've set up the handling for Joypad support, not Steering Wheel.

hink baby
08-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Ferrari in the title is EXACTLY what should have clued you in to it being awful. When was the last time you played a good licensed car game?

Suntrooper
08-07-2012, 11:57 PM
I don't get it. What's awful about this game?
Of course you can't compare it to Forza. But concerning handling, even GTR2 for PC ist far more realistic than Forza (dont get me wrong, i love Forza, but its true).

Ferrari Legends is about driving a lot of Ferraris and about driving them on historic and newer tracks.

If you don't like Ferrari, dont play it. The handling is - as in Shift - simply matter of taste. Again, it handles well with a steering wheel.

All the complaints all the time... youre not forced to buy this game!

tornados
08-13-2012, 11:45 PM
It's one of the best games, especial for steering wheel . Much better than boring Forza (rewind function is cheap). And ithis game is definitely not for casual gamers, driving skill is a must.

uhwR
08-14-2012, 12:07 AM
I agree, this is one of the worst racing games ever created if not the worst. Im a big racing fan myself and even I cant stand it >.<

Suntrooper
08-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Can you get more into detail please?
I'd really like to understand why this game is hated by so many people.
Just writing "its the worst game ever" is somewhat cheap.

And writing that you are a big racing fan isnt any help either... do you like gtr 2, race 07, project cars etc.... (maybe you can add forza to that list)
or are you a fan of nfs, grid, etc?

Like i said i can totally understand that someone who drives this game with a controller, especially with the full car perspective, won't be able to make it to the finish line. And using the virtual racing line DOES make your driving behaviour worse, so don't tell me youre using it.

Fact is, you can steer precisely with a steering wheel and with a little skill even with a controller in the ego perspective. At least I can and I'm not a pro.

But I know what the most "racing game fans" are like out there.... they don't have any idea how to overtake someone clean, run into you before a corner and complain about you.
And in this game, without the rewind function, your race is over if you drive into another car. So it needs focus, track knowledge and some racing skills (e.g. overtaking).
The moste people that play casual racing games even don't get it that you have to KNOW the next turn so that you can brake before you see it if necessary.

Tell me that you hate it because you don't like Ferrari, tell me that you don't like it because you like casual racing games or because you use a gamepad and the the total perspective, or the racing line.
You can even tell me it isn't enough of a simulation for you (in TDF your car behaves really nice compared with GTR2 cars without driving aids).

But all other reasons are quite hard to understand for me.
It's a game for a really small audience, so just don't play it for an hour and complain about it without having a differentiated view.

CHIRUNO99
08-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Ferrari in the title is EXACTLY what should have clued you in to it being awful. When was the last time you played a good licensed car game?
World Racing on the older Xbox and PC was pretty decent. It worked quite like a simulation but still had such silly physics which allowed carss to fly away after hitting anything ramp shaped. It was also a Mercedes-Benz licenced game, but the sequel added more.

WoH Jabba81
04-08-2013, 05:40 AM
World Racing on the older Xbox and PC was pretty decent. It worked quite like a simulation but still had such silly physics which allowed carss to fly away after hitting anything ramp shaped. It was also a Mercedes-Benz licenced game, but the sequel added more.

I loved World Racing... WR2 was crap :p

II N0 Scope45 I
09-12-2013, 12:23 AM
I thought this game was really good, I dunno why people hate it so much.

Zinn
12-22-2013, 11:48 PM
I thought this game was really good, I dunno why people hate it so much.

Same here.
Had a great time with it.