PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop pre-order question?

DeWare94
07-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Ok so I pre-ordered Borderladns 2, and I was wondering if will get the pre-order bonus because I did not pay yet for the game. Will I still get the dlc in the game or the receipt? Or do I have to pay for it? If so, how do I pay online?

Thanks.

DragonsGoMOO
07-16-2012, 11:32 PM
When you go pick it up, you'll have to pay. The code(s) will probably be on the receipt since you pre-ordered.

ChickinOnaChain
07-16-2012, 11:39 PM
I preordered and paid for mine but the guy never said anything about any bonus...but then I'm not worried about it but I do wonder what it might be. If I get one, cool. If not, oh well.

Rapture639
07-16-2012, 11:44 PM
I'm always wary of preordering at GS for the bonuses ever since I got screwed out of my Juggernaut DLC character for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. I preordered the game 5 months in advance and when I picked it up a day after the game came out (I had a midterm the day the game came out) they said they didn't have anymore codes :(. They also tried to make it sound like it wast fault for not being there day one if I really wanted that bonus.

That's why I usually preorder games at Amazon or Best Buy even if their preorder bonus is not as good as Gamestops

ChickinOnaChain
07-16-2012, 11:49 PM
I usually get mine from Amazon too but I had a sizeable store credit at Game Stop and that's the only reason way.

Worhammer
07-17-2012, 06:38 AM
I'm always wary of preordering at GS for the bonuses ever since I got screwed out of my Juggernaut DLC character for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. I preordered the game 5 months in advance and when I picked it up a day after the game came out (I had a midterm the day the game came out) they said they didn't have anymore codes :(. They also tried to make it sound like it wast fault for not being there day one if I really wanted that bonus.

That's why I usually preorder games at Amazon or Best Buy even if their preorder bonus is not as good as Gamestops
Total BS. The codes should be printed right on your receipt, the store has nothing to do with it. If they did run out, it means the employees there are stealing codes. I would've called GS HQ over it and got some people fired.

DJConnelly
07-17-2012, 06:41 AM
Don't suppose they may e-mail the codes do they? I've never used GS, but in my experience Amazon and Play tend to E-mail stuff like that.

Worhammer
07-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Don't suppose they may e-mail the codes do they? I've never used GS, but in my experience Amazon and Play tend to E-mail stuff like that.
No, when you preorder from gamestop it prints right on your receipt. As far as I know, the minimum wage monkeys who work there shouldn't have anything to do with things "running out" - it seems to me to be entirely automated (just like Best Buy emailing you your codes for preorder there) so I don't know how an associate or particular store could run out of codes. FFS they're digital codes.

DeWare94
07-17-2012, 07:13 AM

If you order from amazon though, don't you have to wait for long shipping?

DJConnelly
07-17-2012, 07:16 AM
If you order from amazon though, don't you have to wait for long shipping?

Not im my experience. I mean, you could always choose express, one day or afternoon/evening delivery if your desperate. But if it's a pre-order it's release day delivery like everywhere else. And any exclusive bonus codes are usually emailed to you a day or two before.

DeWare94
07-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Not im my experience. I mean, you could always choose express, one day or afternoon/evening delivery if your desperate. But if it's a pre-order it's release day delivery like everywhere else. And any exclusive bonus codes are usually emailed to you a day or two before.

Btw, thanks for your time! And so when did your games come? Without selecting express shipping? From amazon? Thanks!

DJConnelly
07-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Btw, thanks for your time! And so when did your games come? Without selecting express shipping? From amazon? Thanks!

Well if it's a pre-order you should expect it on it's release date. Anything else, standard delivery is usually about 3 days for me. Sometimes 2. There's a super saver option if you don't want to pay for postage (only about 2-3) but that usually takes about 5 days. Though I've been suprised quite often when I've used it. Doesn't seem all that different to standard sometimes.

Spanish Assault
07-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Never had an issue with GS. If anything they give me stuff I didnt think I would get. Most of the time you get it when you pay the full retail price. Sometimes they give you stuff ahead of time (beta codes, posters, etc.)

bigbear2face
07-17-2012, 03:27 PM
GameStop moved to putting all pre-order bonuses on your receipt well over a year ago. Probably closer to 2 or 3 years now.

I pre-order from GameStop all the time and in multiple ways. Sometimes I pay in full right when I pre-order. Sometimes I just put the $5 dollars down. Sometimes I wait until the pre-order bonuses are announced. Sometimes I pre-order so early they haven't even announced the pre-orders. NONE of these things effect whether or not you get your code.

DeWare94
07-17-2012, 04:00 PM
GameStop moved to putting all pre-order bonuses on your receipt well over a year ago. Probably closer to 2 or 3 years now.

I pre-order from GameStop all the time and in multiple ways. Sometimes I pay in full right when I pre-order. Sometimes I just put the $5 dollars down. Sometimes I wait until the pre-order bonuses are announced. Sometimes I pre-order so early they haven't even announced the pre-orders. NONE of these things effect whether or not you get your code.
So once I pay on the release day with my pre-order comfirmation sheet, so they know that I have the receipt for pre order, I pay, and they will print the codes on the receipt? Thanks man!!! and also, do you ever pay when you get there? is there a way to preorder online (pay)?

Whispin627
07-17-2012, 04:17 PM
We always pre-order from Amazon. GS never includes our bonus stuff, a receipt was never included in any of our orders, and customer service was generally awful (one customer rep even gave my hubbs the 3rd degree for being a soldier). Amazon has been awesome w quick shipping and is always on top of the game w emailing DLC codes.

Spanish Assault
07-17-2012, 04:32 PM

Unless you pre-ordered Black Ops 2 (which i didn't). That pre-order had waves of content that went away. So the earlier you preo-ordered it the more stuff you got. That is the exception to the rule.

bigbear2face
07-17-2012, 04:56 PM
So once I pay on the release day with my pre-order comfirmation sheet, so they know that I have the receipt for pre order, I pay, and they will print the codes on the receipt? Thanks man!!! and also, do you ever pay when you get there? is there a way to preorder online (pay)?

I have no idea about doing things online with GameStop. I have a store 5 mins away so its is always more convenient to use the store. I pay when I pick it up all the time there is no problem with that and you will get your code on the receipt you get when you pick it up. If you are a Rewards Zone (or whatever its called) member you don't even need your pre-order receipt. They just scan your card and look it all up on the computer.

Spanish Assault
07-17-2012, 06:52 PM
I have no idea about doing things online with GameStop. I have a store 5 mins away so its is always more convenient to use the store. I pay when I pick it up all the time there is no problem with that and you will get your code on the receipt you get when you pick it up. If you are a Rewards Zone (or whatever its called) member you don't even need your pre-order receipt. They just scan your card and look it all up on the computer.
Also by being a power up rewards member all DLC goes to your "digital locker" so you can redownload it.

DeWare94
07-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Also by being a power up rewards member all DLC goes to your "digital locker" so you can redownload it.

I used yo be on the silver club but my membership ran out a month ago. Will it still be in my digital locker if I am just a regular power rewards
member now? Thanks

Spanish Assault
07-17-2012, 09:39 PM
I used yo be on the silver club but my membership ran out a month ago. Will it still be in my digital locker if I am just a regular power rewards
member now? Thanks
yeah. I never paid for mine and I have the digital locker. Upgrading gets you extra perks and a magazine.

Catwoman
08-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering, Amazon do send you dlc codes. I ordered Lollipop Chainsaw, and I was sent dlc codes for two outfits in the game. I'm not sure if they send you dlc codes if you pre-oder a game, since i'm going to pre-oder this game from GAME.

FFFreak1129
08-02-2012, 02:40 AM

When ordering online, you order the game but they don't take the money out of your account or whatever until the release date. You can just go to the website and order the game like normal. When you order online, you receive your pre-order codes in an email.

diazt350
08-02-2012, 04:00 AM
As everyone said the code is near the bottom of the reciept they should either highlight or circle it for you , the only GS got me mad with codes was with Gears 2 for the golden hammerburst I went to one near me and they still had some and people were saying on here they were giving them out free if you asked so I did and the lady just got mad at me saying I had to buy the game when I saw her give some guy some -.-

Twisted Renegad
08-02-2012, 03:24 PM
As a Store Manager at GS, you get the codes printed on the receipt now as a few have stated. That has been going on for a little over a year. Prior to that we had to go into the system and click the preorder bonus that came with it and if we forgot and the customer didnt say anything then they didnt get it. My store, i printed off a list of preorders and everyone marked a name off when they picked up. If it happened that both people forgot the preorder, the person would just have to show the receipt where they picked it up and we would give them a code as the code would show up as a 0.00 charge in the item list of the receipt.
Online you will get the code emailed to you or in your digital locker if your a power ups pro member. They say it could take up to 2 days but normally you get it the day of release.
Codes were abused by employees and some still are able to get them from the system, that is why you see a lot of them on trade boards and ebay. But the system also tells us how many codes have been used, like an inventory, so we know that if we only had 20 preorders for a game on 360 that the code would be printed on the receipt and we show that over 60 codes have been printed then we know someone is taking them. Company actually is given an allotment of codes for the games and they can run out. But that is because its an allotment across the US and if people take them from the system, then that dwindles.
Hope this helps some people and wasnt to much of a ramble.

Eggnogga
08-02-2012, 05:13 PM
I avoid Gamestop like the plague anymore. It's nothing against it's employees; it's just the business practices they have.

Amazon is the way to go, they will email you the codes and on the majority of games released they'll do "release date shipping." Meaning you'll have the game in your hand the day it is released.

DragonessAthena
08-02-2012, 07:19 PM
All the games I preorder at EBgames don't give you the preorder exclusive stuff until the game is released. The only time they didn't was when I preordered Assassin's Creed 3 and they gave me the steel case right then and there.

Codes are never on a receipt here, it's always some special card.

grimluck81
08-02-2012, 11:22 PM
I pre ordered dead island riptide but didn't get a release date I looked it up nothing called gamestop they said something about 2014 can they take pre orders that far out

Inebriated Jedi
08-03-2012, 02:59 AM
I pre ordered dead island riptide but didn't get a release date I looked it up nothing called gamestop they said something about 2014 can they take pre orders that far out

Well, they took reservations for Halo 3 years in advance. It's not that strange.

FFFreak1129
08-03-2012, 03:09 AM
Well, they took reservations for Halo 3 years in advance. It's not that strange.

Wow I didn't even know you could pre-order something so far in advance. I've only pre-ordered things that came out that same year.

Rapture639
08-03-2012, 03:15 AM
We always pre-order from Amazon. GS never includes our bonus stuff, a receipt was never included in any of our orders, and customer service was generally awful (one customer rep even gave my hubbs the 3rd degree for being a soldier). Amazon has been awesome w quick shipping and is always on top of the game w emailing DLC codes.

What did the GS employee say when he found out your husband is a soldier? Was he really liberal and snooty because he disagreed with what the military was doing or something?

All the games I preorder at EBgames don't give you the preorder exclusive stuff until the game is released. The only time they didn't was when I preordered Assassin's Creed 3 and they gave me the steel case right then and there.

Codes are never on a receipt here, it's always some special card.

Yea, its funny that someone mentioned that its printed in receipts. I guess thats true in the US but here in Canada, we still get our preorder stuff on seperate cards (that has the code printed on it) that they give when you pick up the game.

Thee Elf
08-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Wow I didn't even know you could pre-order something so far in advance. I've only pre-ordered things that came out that same year.

Yep. All just depends on the game.

Twisted Renegad
08-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Yea, its funny that someone mentioned that its printed in receipts. I guess thats true in the US but here in Canada, we still get our preorder stuff on seperate cards (that has the code printed on it) that they give when you pick up the game.

Gamestop owns Ebgames but runs things differently in Canada for some reason as opposed to running it all together. We have CanAm days here and when Canadians come into my store we can offer them the power up card, or protection plans on anything they buy as it would be useless up there which is dumb and has been brought up at almost every conference call i have been on in the last 3 years. There is still some games that you get the card, but normally they are in the game already.

Yep. All just depends on the game.

It's not the game its if Gamestop has it in the System. Once it's in your able to preorder it. My store was taking preorders for Halo 4 the next day after it was first announced last year. Look at Ghost Recon Future Soldier, had that in the system before the first time the beta went public and its gone through a second beta and finally a release 2 years later.

Avenged Sevenfold
08-04-2012, 10:03 PM
when you fully buy the game you will either get a slip of paper with code in your vase or on your receipt i think

gary55k
11-28-2012, 01:44 AM
I Hate it sometimes as i preorder stuff and dont get my preorder bonus so i have 2 keep phoning them really gets me mad