PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 rep

CaLL Me Shaq x
07-17-2012, 01:01 PM
I just looked at my xbox live rep and I think I must be hated or something, because of the amount of people avoiding me, so I'm just wondering what everybody else's rep is?

If you dont know how to view it press the middle button go to the 'settings' slide, then to profile and view rep.

Mine is:
22% preferred you or did not submit a review about you.
78% Avoided you.

Details
Communications
Trash talk: 2%
Language: 1%
Disruptive: 0%

Behavior
Aggressive: 9%
Unsporting: 58%
Quit Early: 6%

ChickinOnaChain
07-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Rep is useless, abused and should be removed. Don't pay any attention to it. It's not worth you time.

xKRAIZEEMANx
07-17-2012, 01:09 PM
I know it is an old thread.....But...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=335178&highlight=Reputation

Rep is useless, abused and should be removed. Don't pay any attention to it. It's not worth you time.

And here is a whole thread to further detail what ChickinOnaChain is referring too.....

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=340118&highlight=Reputation

CHIRUNO99
07-17-2012, 01:51 PM
It's a broken system which makes no sense, everyone seems to max out at 5 stars even when you give them bad rep. I think it's physically impossible to get 1 star. It doesn't really effect the chances of you being paired with people you've given good or bad rep to, nor vice versa. It's a system which could have had some meaning along with gamerzones, but it just never got fixed.

They don't even track if they gave you bad rep in the playerskill category, and seriously, bad repping someone because they're too good. (The player was too skilled compared to others in the game.) I think this goes down to, "I'm afraid to admit I'm a terrible player so I'm trying to punish all the good players."
To be honest that whole category is a whole crock of shit which features nothing but bad sportsmanship.

Tsaako
07-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Rep has no relevance tbh.

Burnout x360a
07-17-2012, 01:53 PM
People care about Xbox LIVE rep?

CHIRUNO99
07-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Apparently so.

DJConnelly
07-17-2012, 02:05 PM
If I didn't have 5 stars, I don't know what I'd do.

Spanish Assault
07-17-2012, 02:10 PM
OP...pay attention to other posts. We have discused this already. We know it's broke.

Fire Hawk D
07-17-2012, 02:13 PM
God, unless people mention it in threads like these, I forget the system even exists. =P

Vindicator51
07-17-2012, 02:18 PM
God, unless people mention it in threads like these, I forget the system even exists. =P

They might as well just remove it in next gen.

DJConnelly
07-17-2012, 02:27 PM
OP...pay attention to other posts. We have discussed this already. We know it's broke.

The rep system is....broken? I've been living a lie.

Burnout x360a
07-17-2012, 02:33 PM
It's really as useful as the 'Gamer Zone' thing.

niko da bos
07-17-2012, 02:34 PM
They might as well just remove it in next gen.

you know i wouldnt miss it if they did, im pretty sure most gamers who have an xbox realize by now that its broken. i know people who never once plugged in a mic, but they get rated for trash talk and stuff like that.

i think it would be nice if it was removed, honestly dont know why i waste my time using it lol. when i play with someone good / nice, i always give them a smiley. lately i've been handing out more frownies than smilies though ;)

Chaz Of Sparta
07-17-2012, 02:50 PM
It's a broken system which makes no sense, everyone seems to max out at 5 stars even when you give them bad rep. I think it's physically impossible to get 1 star. It doesn't really effect the chances of you being paired with people you've given good or bad rep to, nor vice versa. It's a system which could have had some meaning along with gamerzones, but it just never got fixed.

They don't even track if they gave you bad rep in the playerskill category, and seriously, bad repping someone because they're too good. (The player was too skilled compared to others in the game.) I think this goes down to, "I'm afraid to admit I'm a terrible player so I'm trying to punish all the good players."
To be honest that whole category is a whole crock of shit which features nothing but bad sportsmanship.

I actually saw one guy with a quarter of a star for rep on Burnout Paradise, no joke. He didn't cheat or say anything, so I have no idea why his rep is so low.

ChickinOnaChain
07-17-2012, 03:24 PM
If I didn't have 5 stars, I don't know what I'd do.
I don't have 5 rep stars and never will but I do know what to do...> :woop:

CHIRUNO99
07-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Of course in the next gen, you'll be able to say if you Liked or Disliked a player with a simple green thumbs up or a red thumbs down.

Just like a video site that decided giving "out of 5" was too hard for it's demographic that spends it's time watching cat videos and people shout into their microphone with silly voices.

Skorpion XBA
07-17-2012, 03:39 PM
I didn't even know what I had...I had to look it up. 4 1/2. I really don't see the point in this. I don't really play online that much and when I do I'm not looking at anyone else's rep.

mrj3d
07-17-2012, 06:49 PM
The rep system is....broken? I've been living a lie.

I know right? AH-MAY-ZING

metalsteelix
07-17-2012, 08:02 PM
The Rep system is really abused. I was playing a game with someone but he cheated so I decided to quit. Then he gave me a 1 star because i quited the game early.

I think they should remove this Rep system, there are trolls everywhere on the internet (In this case, the xbox world).

Spade.
07-17-2012, 08:07 PM
I have five stars, I should have like two, considering 80% of the time I'm being obnoxious with my friends in CoD lobbies. Just goes to show how broken it is.

THE DEADLY DOG
07-17-2012, 08:09 PM

Bam boom bam.

Only comment that was needed. :p

TacticalTodger
07-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Would be nice if they added a "boosting" section just to see how many times I've been reported for boosting a game which is dead online.

cjdavies
07-17-2012, 09:17 PM
It's broken, I have 5 stars and yet:
44% preferred you or did not submit a review about you.
56% Avoided you.

I can't be bothered to put the Xbox for the breakdown, but you get the picture.

Vistaful Halo
07-17-2012, 09:31 PM
People care about Xbox LIVE rep?

If people care about Kinect (me), awards (me), and achievements (all of us that aren't trolling on here)...then there's a fanbase for rep as well (me). :)

cjdavies
07-17-2012, 09:34 PM
If people care about[/B] Kinect (me), awards (me), and [B]achievements (all of us that aren't trolling on here)...then there's a fanbase for rep as well (me). :)

When you put it like that, it makes sense.

Spanish Assault
07-17-2012, 09:36 PM
If people care about Kinect (me), awards (me), and achievements (all of us that aren't trolling on here)...then there's a fanbase for rep as well (me). :)
Caring about Kinect is WAY DIFFERENT then caring about rep.

Kinect is a control that uses your body. Lots of fun and don't know how I went so long without one.

Rep is well...stars in your profile...that are only seen when someone takes the time to view your gamer card. Not once have I ever wondered how many stars a gamer has.

STRIDERLGN
07-17-2012, 11:19 PM
50% preferred you or did not submit a review about you
50% avoided you

details
trash talk 0%
language 0%
disruptive 0%

behavior
aggressive 50%
unsporting 0%
quit early 0%

Madame Kennedy
07-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Don't recall mine exactly but it's pretty dismal as well and makes no logical sense like everyone else's. A lot of things on the LIVE system need to be tweaked/removed, including this rating system that never worked. I never take the time to rate people, and those that do 99 percent of the time are just trolls and cheats looking for a cheap shot. I think my rate for quitting early is 40 something percent, and I usually only leave a game if there's clearly cheating going on or serious lag, perfectly plausible reasons.

About the only thing I do is file the occasional complaint against someone that finds humor in throwing me sexist insults, so that I don't have to be near them again lol.

Akuza
07-18-2012, 06:59 AM
Rep is useless

If you beat someone they'll put you as an avoided player.

If you speak in a lobby to friends you'll become an avoided player

If your playing and your in a party you'll become an avoided player

The list goes on and on ... All these of which are true.

For the stupidest of reasons people will put you as an avoided player.

I have 80% trash talk... Yet the only time I talk is in a PRIVATE party ...

Wandering Fist
07-18-2012, 11:58 AM
I can see this section of the gamer card being left out for the next Xbox. I don't think it has ever served a proper purpose and it doesn't paint a fair picture of you.

Come top of the team in COD for even 3 games in a row and you run the risk of bad feedback for being unsporting.

Burnout x360a
07-18-2012, 12:07 PM
I have 80% trash talk... Yet the only time I talk is in a PRIVATE party ...

They have some mighty good hearing obviously. ;)