PDA

View Full Version : Its shame theres not more like code veronica on xbla

ronnie42
07-18-2012, 02:53 AM
Seriously I thought code veronica was fun but can't stand 4/5/6.
Xbox live needs to port the original re1-3, maybe even re0.

It's ashame capcom hasn't made a decent resident evil game in a while.

Schism
07-18-2012, 03:28 AM
I had a dream that they made a collection with zero, one, two, Nemesis, Outbreak 1+2, and Dead Aim. With online co-op for zero and Outbreak. : O I woke up sad.

ronnie42
07-22-2012, 06:13 AM
I had a dream that they made a collection with zero, one, two, Nemesis, Outbreak 1+2, and Dead Aim. With online co-op for zero and Outbreak. : O I woke up sad.

I'd pass on Dead Aim since reminds me why too much of 4/5/6 arc.

Anyway yep love to see a collection with resident evil 0/1/2/3, the outbreak games. Never got around to playing Outbreak online but they should bring it to xbla.

Delow317
07-27-2012, 01:48 AM
The weapon crazy acheivement just kills this game for me... so much for 1000/1000 gamerscore. With a horrible memory like mine, I won't be bothered with it. Absolutely 100% completely impossible for me.

ImaginaryRuins
07-27-2012, 03:35 AM
Weapon Crazy is completely doable. Just like Silent Hill HD's 'obtain the green spray' achievement - 3hrs, 150kills, 150items, <200 damage points, 2 saves only etc. Many people think it is very hard but still I did it, and I 1000G-ed SH HD.

ronnie42
08-01-2012, 11:30 PM
The weapon crazy acheivement just kills this game for me... so much for 1000/1000 gamerscore. With a horrible memory like mine, I won't be bothered with it. Absolutely 100% completely impossible for me.

Yep that does seem like a bit of a problem to get but I would assume that keep replaying over, over might help improve but people will always make mistakes. :(

SgtFuzzyGhost
08-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Seriously I thought code veronica was fun but can't stand 4/5/6.
Xbox live needs to port the original re1-3, maybe even re0.

It's ashame capcom hasn't made a decent resident evil game in a while.

Resident Evil 4, while it completely changed the tone of the series, made it much easier to play the game. Not just easier to win, but actually PLAY the game.

I know the camera angles made the early ones more cinematic, but I'm trying to not get killed by zombies. I want to know what is going on in the scene, not just stare at a desk, or see a spooky "through the window" shot. The abrupt camera changes also made it extremely difficult to understand where you were going.

If they re-release the older games, they should do more than just port them; they should recode the games so that you have movement, and camera control just like in Operation Raccoon City**. This wouldn't ruin the theme/atmosphere of the game; you'd still have limited ammo, little item space, and an oppressing environment.

While we're at it, requiring the player to find disposable ink ribbons to save their game was a bad idea too. They finally understand that in Resident Evil 3 (for the easy mode, at least).

**I'm not saying Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City was a good game, I'm just saying they finally got the controls right.

Pakhair
08-20-2012, 11:35 PM
I still love the series very much, every game blew me away except RE 5, which was huge disappointment but anyways just picked RE CVX and it's terrible for today standards but since i. .loved 0i.t in the past, it's still fun for me, would love to play RE 3 again :D

ronnie42
08-24-2012, 02:22 AM
Resident Evil 4, while it completely changed the tone of the series, made it much easier to play the game. Not just easier to win, but actually PLAY the game.

I know the camera angles made the early ones more cinematic, but I'm trying to not get killed by zombies. I want to know what is going on in the scene, not just stare at a desk, or see a spooky "through the window" shot. The abrupt camera changes also made it extremely difficult to understand where you were going.

The point of the camera's was to always put you on the edge, your supposed to be worried about whats around the corner which is why the originals are quite popular. If I wanted to play an overheard camera I go play games like GoW.

Most of the attempts at re4 just seemed pretty poor since most of the times it just felt I was stuck in the middle of some random village because capcom couldn't think of any decent idea's after code veronica/outbreaks games. After they ran out of idea's then re4/5/6 abomination started.

The problem with re4 it made me want to know the story but that's no different to any other game but after completing re4 I couldn't careless about replaying it while the originals I could play over, over because they were great to play, had a great tension, multply ways of ending them, had a more interesting story, brilliant atmosphere that even today can put me on my edge while re4 is more about pressing random combo's, counting how many enemy's there are before killing them or 1 shooting random weak points.

SgtFuzzyGhost
09-09-2012, 05:18 AM
The point of the camera's was to always put you on the edge, your supposed to be worried about whats around the corner..

I understand the originals are popular (RE2 is still a huge favorite of mine), but the problem is that they made it a GAME, not a MOVIE. Having suspense, and an intelligible scene are not mutually exclusive, as plenty of horror games have shown (example; Amnesia, while not third-person, has plenty of suspense and atmosphere, without wedging in wonky camera views).

The reason that Resident Evil 4 is considered to be so different, is that Capcom decided to drop the Survival/Horror concept, and just go for Action/Survival.

If I wanted to play an overheard camera I go play games like GoW

Camera angle =! Genre, or quality of game. For example, War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron are awesome games (though not Survival/Horror), and feature over the shoulder camera angles. Ghostbusters (not Sanctum of Slime) is an over the shoulder camera angle, and the game is kind of a Survival/Horror game, and a good game as well.

TL;DR version:

Suspense does not require camera angles that conceal important information, or that change abruptly upon moving 5 feat.

Game quality actually increases when you can tell what you are doing, and where you are going.

ronnie42
09-20-2012, 01:01 AM
The reason that Resident Evil 4 is considered to be so different, is that Capcom decided to drop the Survival/Horror concept, and just go for Action/Survival.

This is why resident evil 6 is terrible. I was mainly hoping capcom make a game like the originals. They mislead many people with the original orc trailer since it made a lot of people think it was going back to its routes but a lot were annoyed when it wasn't.

The problem with re4 is it took everything that originally made the series popular in the 1st place, after that I lost interest because it just went down the path of re5, then those horrible live action films came out, it just seemed like 'capcom' didn't care anymore about classic fans.

But I was suprised when they came out with degeneration/damnation since there brilliant, I'm also hoping the original creator of Re that left does a 'proper survival horror' like claims called Zwei.

Anyway I'm mainly hoping they port the outbreak games, hopefully the original trilogy someday since means something to put me on with till 'capcom' finally make a new resident evil like the 'classic' games since not a big of the new stuff. 4/5 is ok but not really replayable since not really fun.

ronnie42
09-20-2012, 01:03 AM

This is why resident evil 6 is terrible. I was mainly hoping capcom make a game like the originals. They mislead many people with the original orc trailer since it made a lot of people think it was going back to its routes but a lot were annoyed when it wasn't.

The problem with re4 is it took everything that originally made the series popular in the 1st place, after that I lost interest because it just went down the path of re5, then those horrible live action films came out, it just seemed like 'capcom' didn't care anymore about classic fans.

But I was suprised when they came out with degeneration/damnation since there brilliant, I'm also hoping the original creator of Re that left does a 'proper survival horror' like claims called Zwei.

Anyway I'm mainly hoping they port the outbreak games, hopefully the original trilogy someday since means something to put me on with till 'capcom' finally make a new resident evil like the 'classic' games since not a big of the new stuff. 4/5 is ok but not really replayable since not really fun.

Suspense does not require camera angles that conceal important information, or that change abruptly upon moving 5 feat.

Actually it does since it was that camera angle that made the game 'fun', 'unquie' but instead all the later games are just following 'unoriginal' idea's.