PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands 1 weapons carry-over?

Templar Baggins
07-18-2012, 09:19 AM
I looked on google for this topic and found no help. I know that with some games, you are allowed to carry over certain things from a previous games' save file.

Does anyone know if Borderlands 2 will let you bring over any really cool stuff from your Borderlands 1 save?

iBuzz7S
07-18-2012, 10:00 AM
I know that your save from Borderlands will give you goodies in Borderlands 2. Don't think the weapons is one of 'em.

Nozza XBA
07-18-2012, 10:09 AM
I very much doubt they'll have this feature. The games going to have so many more new guns and features, it won't be worth it.

If you have a gun you like, I'm pretty sure you'll come across one which is just the same but new name and look in BL2.

Templar Baggins
07-18-2012, 11:04 AM
I know that your save from Borderlands will give you goodies in Borderlands 2. Don't think the weapons is one of 'em.

Is there a list of some of the goodies floating around yet? Really would like to get an idea of what I have to look forward to.

That Claptrap DLC was a bitch to grind through, but I have the full 1750, lol.

iBuzz7S
07-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Is there a list of some of the goodies floating around yet? Really would like to get an idea of what I have to look forward to.
Not so much a list, but it's something.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12244-Borderlands-1-Players-to-Reap--Vault-Veteran--Rewards-in-Borderlands-2.html

Templar Baggins
07-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Better than nothing, I suppose. Don't mind Maya's head as long as I can use it with a body of my choosing.

Thanks for the info :D

dj115
07-18-2012, 01:20 PM
cnt wait for this game its gonna b epic that is a fair point would b good if you could carry over your last loadout to the new game but reset the levels on the guns...

SpecialDribbler
07-19-2012, 05:29 PM
i highly doubt they would bring back weapons of any sort from number 1, because a lot of people started to mod weapons into the game and just give them to random players, so i would think they would just purge all the old weapons and create weapons designed for the game. Also i have heard they changed the way the weapons generate so it would be mixed with the old generated weapons to the new generated weapons.;)

ChickinOnaChain
07-19-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm guessing it's no different than stuff from Gears 1, going over to a Gears 2 or 3 game. I just don't see that happening. They'll want everyone to start from scratch.

Jack Frost
07-19-2012, 05:53 PM
The only thing I've heard so far in connection to Borderlands 1 is that if you have a BL1 save game on your system, you will get some free character skins and heads to customize your game avatar.

I doubt they'll allow weapon cross-overs, especially considering how many people have modded weapons...

xx LUIS 13 xx
08-03-2012, 07:48 PM
I looked on google for this topic and found no help. I know that with some games, you are allowed to carry over certain things from a previous games' save file.

Does anyone know if Borderlands 2 will let you bring over any really cool stuff from your Borderlands 1 save?
i hope weapons are transferrable ! but as of now gearbox only announced the skins for the characters :x

Robot God
08-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Not a hope of transferable weapons,It would make the game to easy,some of the gun manafacturs died in the first borderlands,the weapons system is much more diverse now plus the fun of Borderlands is finding new powerful guns.

xTenebrous
08-03-2012, 08:49 PM
It wouldn't even make sense to get guns from BL1 in BL2, you use different characters entirely.

LordDVS
08-04-2012, 01:36 AM
I hope not. Why would I want to start a new experience with my OP'd gear from an older game, that uses a completely different weapon system to boot?

BloodGodAlucard
08-04-2012, 08:43 AM
I hope not. Why would I want to start a new experience with my OP'd gear from an older game, that uses a completely different weapon system to boot?

I agree. I have extremely overpowered gear from the first game. And if it was available at the start of the game I'd be tempted to use it to the exclusion of all of the new stuff based on stats alone. So I'm glad they aren't doing this. All of the new weapons shown so far look amazing. I can't wait to try them out.

And on a completely different note. I love your profile picture. Miranda is awesome. :p

Sarsage
08-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Not a hope of transferable weapons,It would make the game to easy,some of the gun manafacturs died in the first borderlands,the weapons system is much more diverse now plus the fun of Borderlands is finding new powerful guns.

Exactly, one of Borderlands 2's biggest selling points is finding unique and powerful weaponry.

Emcee Shadow
08-04-2012, 10:55 PM
I agree. I have extremely overpowered gear from the first game. And if it was available at the start of the game I'd be tempted to use it to the exclusion of all of the new stuff based on stats alone. So I'm glad they aren't doing this. All of the new weapons shown so far look amazing. I can't wait to try them out.

And on a completely different note. I love your profile picture. Miranda is awesome. :p

I completely agree with this. Even if you bring your weapons over that are lvl req of 69, it still wouldn't be as much fun as having a new set of weapons and the grind of getting them.

P.s. I also agree with the profile picture!

Nevander
08-04-2012, 11:15 PM
I agree with what people are saying about how it wouldn't really work out for BL2 if a BL1 weapon could be brought over, but it would be a cool addition if you could bring over like one item, just one anything. Gun, mod, etc. I know what I'd bring over. :uzi:

StayonTarget
08-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Doubt it just due to how many modded weapons will be transferred.

The Duke of Darkness
08-05-2012, 09:16 PM
I completely agree with this. Even if you bring your weapons over that are lvl req of 69, it still wouldn't be as much fun as having a new set of weapons and the grind of getting them.

Not to mention the fact you wouldn't be able to use them as the max level is 50 so it would be pointless.

P.s. I also agree with the profile picture, not as good as mine though:)

HugTheBear
08-05-2012, 09:25 PM

Same here. Plus, my shield is amazing. If I could use my BL1 shotgun and shield from the start, it'd be pretty boring.

Robot God
08-05-2012, 09:37 PM

Don't forget that you would have to be the level required by the gun/shield.So a level 69 gun would be pointless until your level 69 plus the level cap is 50 so you would still not be able to use it.