PDA

View Full Version : Idea for transferring saves from one HDD to another

Crazyreyn
09-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Hope this in the right place for a start.

Say you load up a game save you want to transfer in HDD A. Wait until it loads and stops loading, then take it out and put in HDD B in, and save. Would it happly create the same save, or throw a wobbly?

I'm too scared to try it myself in case it buggers stuff up you see. :p

Cold Rival
09-05-2007, 01:16 PM
This is forbidden on this site. I highly recommend that if you want to remain a member of this community, you refreain from posting this type of information. This is gamesaving, which is something this site will not tolerate.

codedigital
09-05-2007, 01:16 PM

Say you load up a game save you want to transfer in HDD A. Wait until it loads and stops loading, then take it out and put in HDD B in, and save. Would it happly create the same save, or throw a wobbly?

I'm too scared to try it myself in case it buggers stuff up you see. :p

I wouldn't take my HDD off of a running system.

How about just buying a memory card?

Flea
09-05-2007, 01:17 PM
It wouldnt work as soon as you take your hd off then your 360 resets,
Why would you want to transfer your saves from 1 hd to another?

If you get a bigger hard drive you can get the transfer kit.
If its to use someone elses save then that sucks,
and isnt welcome on this site.

JJBDude
09-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I was thinking of creating my own thread to ask this question but I'll hijack this one instead.

My brother now has his own 360 and he doesn't like not having the Arcade games I have. If I was to do an account recovery and put my account onto his 360 so I can download his games is that going to be classed as forbiddon on X360a and end up with me getting banned?

codedigital
09-05-2007, 02:54 PM
I was thinking of creating my own thread to ask this question but I'll hijack this one instead.

My brother now has his own 360 and he doesn't like not having the Arcade games I have. If I was to do an account recovery and put my account onto his 360 so I can download his games is that going to be classed as forbiddon on X360a and end up with me getting banned?

It won't work...you need to either be on the box that they were purchased on or logged in with the account that purchased them. And if you do an account recovery you can't log into that profile on the machine that it was already on.

Jdm
09-06-2007, 03:40 AM
Listen to Code guys.

To JJB and Crazy,
These "loophole ideas" you both have will not work on the 360. M$ is smart and has thought about this before releasing their consoles into our hands.

Here's a bit of wise information from me to you guys.

1. Don't break your 360 and ruin your save files.

2. Don't do anything to get yourself Banned from this excellent site.

All I can say is be Legit in everything you do.;)

Bluntman428
09-06-2007, 04:03 AM

Oh dear. :(

I give this thread five, ten minutes tops.

Crazyreyn
09-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Oh dear. :(

I give this thread five, ten minutes tops.

You obviously didn't check the thread creation date. Although still saying that, it did get closed within five minutes...

Anyway, the reason why I'm asking this is that basically I've been playing on my brothers 360 since launch and have just got my own, and wanted to transfer my Virtua Tennis 3 saves over without purchasing a Memory Unit. I'll be my save, I just wanted to carry it over.

Nothing sinister here, although I can't prove that of course, so I just hope I don't seem like a complete cheat or anything. :) However now I've got answers, it can be closed if people wish it.

teh x3nomorph
09-06-2007, 04:40 PM
You obviously didn't check the thread creation date. Although still saying that, it did get closed within five minutes...

Anyway, the reason why I'm asking this is that basically I've been playing on my brothers 360 since launch and have just got my own, and wanted to transfer my Virtua Tennis 3 saves over without purchasing a Memory Unit. I'll be my save, I just wanted to carry it over.

Nothing sinister here, although I can't prove that of course, so I just hope I don't seem like a complete cheat or anything. :) However now I've got answers, it can be closed if people wish it. You know you can buy a used memory unit from Gamestop cheap, transfer saves the correct way, and then go return it within 7 days for a full refund.

WAY easier than what you are suggesting. Of, you can call M$, give then the serial numbers of both consoles, and get a data transfer cable FREE. That way you can transfer all of your information over to your new xbox.