PDA

View Full Version : Where is Gold Mecha Robo?

ZapTor
09-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Where is Gold Mecha Robo?

I know it is in Acient Factory , but where?

I can`t find him!

Zef
09-05-2007, 02:47 PM
It is currently a little unclear exactly when it shows up, obviously it doesn't appear the first time you go through. If it isn't showing up then continue through the game until you get your own Mechat, then go and have a look again.

If you don't know the exact place in the factory (although it is in the achievement guide), it is stood in the first room of the factory as you enter from the Warp Device. From the door it will be forwards and to the right, just over the converyor belt.

sparrowblade
09-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Sorry for not updating my original post on the matter in the "rare monsters" topic.

for the gold mecha robo to appear, you have to first obtain the ultimate bracelet and ultimate necklace (not actual names). you obtain the items but giving the 6 mystery items to the lab in Jibral.

Be warned the gold mecha robo is hard, i failed alot of times, heard a rumor almost impossible without level 99 party

Kaens
09-06-2007, 12:50 AM
for the gold mecha robo to appear, you have to first obtain the ultimate bracelet and ultimate necklace (not actual names). you obtain the items but giving the 6 mystery items to the lab in Jibral.
Correct!

Ultimate Weapon Bracelet
Mystery Part Alpha (Mural Town)
Mystery Part Beta (Ancient Factory)
Mystery Part Gamma (Upper Mecha Base)Final War Necklace
Mystery Part Un (Alumaru Village)
Mystery Part Deux (Sea Cube's Deepest Level)
Mystery Part Troix (on western deserted island) Be warned the gold mecha robo is hard, i failed alot of times, heard a rumor almost impossible without level 99 party
I don't know about having to be 99, I believe I was ~85 at the time and it was cake. Of course I had my skills nearly all maxed at 99 and that means more than the levels. He is the toughest monster in the game in my opinion. Here are his stats...

Gold Mecha Robo (#74)
Level - 45
HP - 18000
MP - 500
Atk - 376
Defense - 200
Mag Atk - 1035
Mag Def - 40
Weak - none
Resists - Light, Dark

OtherWorldView
09-06-2007, 12:59 AM
I beat him last night/this morning. I had all my characters @ 99 though so it was pretty easy. Here's the set up I had (please note I took this set up from Loc182's Achievement FAQ on www.gamefaqs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com))

Set everyone to Support Job:
Skill +8
Accessory +3
Battle Essence
Endure
Ninja Swiftness
Black Magic lv6
White Magic lv6
Quick Magic Charge
Resurrection
Double Cast

Then bumped up everyone's agility with different equipment.
The battles went over quite well. I grabbed another enemy with an encounter circle and buffed and such before killing the last bot. After that it was just a bunch of nuking.

ZapTor
09-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Damn , he is impossible?

Ont hit = Dead. :S

I have level 99 in shadows and level 89 with the characters.

Kaens
09-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Damn , he is impossible?

Ont hit = Dead. :S

I have level 99 in shadows and level 89 with the characters.
There is an item (I forget which one) that allows you to kill mechas in one hit. You must have gotten lucky because you didn't just do 18000 dmg in one hit ;)

Webb
09-07-2007, 08:47 PM
There is an item (I forget which one) that allows you to kill mechas in one hit. You must have gotten lucky because you didn't just do 18000 dmg in one hit ;)

Does that work!? I have that piece of jewelry as well! Lets hope so :D

The Pants Party
09-07-2007, 08:50 PM
I think that guy was saying HE got killed in one hit, not that he killed the dude. I actually ran into this mofo on accident this morning while I was cleaning up some barriers. Luckily I have everyone equipped with Resurrection, or I would have lost about an hour of work, because he murdered me quick.

Kaens
09-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Does that work!? I have that piece of jewelry as well! Lets hope so :D
I doubt it, I was just trying to figure out a way that he could have done it in one hit. The poo bracelet didn't work for me on the Poo King so I doubt the mecha one will work either.
I think that guy was saying HE got killed in one hit, not that he killed the dude. I actually ran into this mofo on accident this morning while I was cleaning up some barriers. Luckily I have everyone equipped with Resurrection, or I would have lost about an hour of work, because he murdered me quick.
THAT makes sense!

Zef
09-08-2007, 02:30 PM
The instant kill bracelets don't work on all monsters, just the common ones. I tried killing a few of the harder beasties with them but no luck =(

Gold Mecha Robo isn't that hard if you follow Kaens' tips. Endure effectively doubles your health, so he doesn't one hit you anymore. Resurrection gives you a second (or third) chance if he gets some lucky hits in, Double Strike gives you twice as many attacks and Double Cast twice as many spells =) Just get those shadow classes up.

Kaens
09-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Gold Mecha Robo isn't that hard if you follow Kaens' tips. Endure effectively doubles your health, so he doesn't one hit you anymore. Resurrection gives you a second (or third) chance if he gets some lucky hits in, Double Strike gives you twice as many attacks and Double Cast twice as many spells =) Just get those shadow classes up. And that double cast is for previve! That's probably best spell in the entire game :)

timdotexe
09-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Be warned the gold mecha robo is hard, i failed alot of times, heard a rumor almost impossible without level 99 party

I beat Gold Mecha with my party all in the low 70's!

1. Make sure you have resurection on as many characters as you can. Use double cast on as many as you can. Dont use Absolute Counter Attack.

2. You can use the encounter circle to encounter another party with the gold mecha.

3. Use items to recover health over time.

4. Do nothing but block the first monter party until all have full Corporeal.

5. Use items to increase agility.

6. Kill first party.

7. With resurection you should get a chance to use your Corporeal Attacks.

8. Finish him off with Double Casted magic attacks.

Getting your characters prepared during the first fight takes a long time but makes Gold Mecha much easier.

Or alternatively wait until you have maxed out all stats and come back! :p

Q Dawg187
09-23-2007, 02:09 AM
Im still a tony bit unclear about this.Is he prespawned when you return after getting your mechat?i just got mine,went to get a few more ship parts,achievements etc and then went looking for him.He wasnt standing there so i warped to somewhere else,came back.still nothing.