PDA

View Full Version : Game Glitches...

xVivaLaGrant
07-19-2012, 07:52 AM
If this is in wrong topic then I apologise before hand..

I have nothing wrong with glitches at all, but only if your playing with mates and not ruining the game for others who are being competitive.
So basically, MF3 just brought out a new platinum difficulty.. This is now made MF3 much more of a challenge.
What I have been told is that people are somehow getting unlimited missile launchers and completing platinum in about 7mins when gold average is about 30mins...

Does anyone know any more info about the glitch?
Just some send you get banned and reset.. (think it's a good idea to be fair)

But everyone has their own opinion....

Let me know what you have to say!!!

Thanks

Veedrock
07-19-2012, 07:55 AM
There's already a discussion about that particular glitch on the ME3 forums, if you were looking to discuss that specifically.

At the end of the day the only opinion that matters is the developer's. The average joe can try to justify it all they want (the weakest argument usually being "it's in the game"), but if the developer says not to use it that's the end of it.

In the case of the ME3 rocket glitch, Bioware has stated that it is a very clear exploit and those abusing it (directly or indirectly) will be punished. Over 1300 (more) people were banned from ME3 yesterday, the majority of those being players that abused the rocket glitch.

Actually regarding EA titles in general, most (all?) have you sign up/in with an Origin account which has their own ToS, and with it their own set of rules. In it, you'll read:

11. Rules of Conduct

You may violate the Terms of Service if, as determined by EA in its sole discretion, you:

- Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.

You'll find that most game developers have a similar stance, even if it isn't clearly written out like EA has it.

Just because it's "in the game" doesn't mean you're within your right to use it. When you are playing their game on their servers, you are agreeing to play by their rules; to emphasize, playing their game on their servers is a privilege, you aren't entitled to it. If and when you break those rules, you forfeit any privileges you had and they can do whatever they want to.

None of this is meant to be directed straight at you OP, sorry if it seems that way.

DecadentBeaver
07-19-2012, 09:24 AM
To be honest, if its in a MP game, then its certainly taking advantage, and abusing a system in a game. I'm not really concerned what people do in a SP game, as they will only ruin the experience for themselves.

Akuza
07-19-2012, 10:44 AM
It's cheating point blank.

Finding a loop hole in the system to glitch unlimited rockets.

It's like digging a hole in your neighbours front garden while their out and running a wire off their Internet, it's cheating.

xVivaLaGrant
07-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Just looked on mf3 forums and yes a lot of people are being banned and reset!

I just like playing the game normally so I wouldn't do the glitch...

If any of you fancy doing platinum.. just let me know since you get a hella a lot of xp and credits :D

Cheers anyway people

DecadentBeaver
07-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Lovin the pink tmeme of your gamercard Grant hahaha. Suits you a treat.