PDA

View Full Version : datel controllers and rechargeable battery packs

speed gun
07-19-2012, 12:32 PM
hi
i am going to get a datel wildfire 2 or the command one with the screen but not sure if they accept play and charge kits. i have a gamexpert play and charge kit.

can someone tell me if i should get it or should i jsut get the wired one instead.
thanks

ChromiumDragon
07-19-2012, 12:49 PM
hi
i am going to get a datel wildfire 2 or the command one with the screen but not sure if they accept play and charge kits. i have a gamexpert play and charge kit.

can someone tell me if i should get it or should i jsut get the wired one instead.
thanks

They do not accept play and charge kits. Invest in rechargeable batteries or get a wired one.

speed gun
07-19-2012, 12:57 PM
thanks guess i need to keep buying batteries

Dav13s
07-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Or get a controller that will accept the play and charge kit...

Gackt
07-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Personally think you should just avoid Datel.

VladimirK
07-20-2012, 03:06 AM
Btw it might be better to get a wired one.

I spotted one of the recent unexpected updates for the dash listed "Accidentally disables support for unlicensed 3rd-party wireless controllers (e.g. Datel Wildfire Evo)." as a change.

Now, I very well may be being overly cynical but I don't really believe them when they say it was accidental; what happens in a future patch when they "accidentally" do it again and Datel don't patch it?

For those wondering and hadn't seen it, Datel patched it according to Xbox.com (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/datel-controller-issue).

iTs xLuiGi
07-20-2012, 10:27 AM
avoid datel. go with a wired, microsoft licensed controller instead. the latest update messed up datel controllers, and although microsoft and datel both claimed that the problems been patched, it's really hit and miss whether the controller even hooks up to your computer. if you have a mac, you're screwed because the patch is windows only. and if you have windows, you have like a 50/50 shot of it working. my datel controller is now a pretty expensive paperweight.

Worhammer
07-21-2012, 04:11 AM
These controllers can be wired using a mini USB cable, but as the guy above me, it's been 50 / 50 on getting the patch to work on them. I was one of the lucky ones, and mine works fine again after patching it.