PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Microsoft points free @ HMV

D4yw4lk3r
09-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet? if they have sorry lol

Anyways if you pre-order 2 xbox 360 games @ www.hmv.co.uk they will send you a voucher for 1000 microsoft points :-)

JJBDude
09-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Interesting to know, might be tempted to take this offer up in the future.

Cold Rival
09-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Any way you can preorder the games, get your code then cancel the preorder? ;)

I don't think they'd be stupid enough to do that, would they?

Xterm1n8or
09-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Shame, this would be a good offer if HMV weren't so ridiculously overpriced for games. I mean who pays 39.99 for a game nowadays? Way cheaper online.

JJ UK
09-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Yeah its looks like a good deal on the surface until they start Charging top whack for the games.

BackerMan
09-06-2007, 04:25 PM
nah I'm not interest.

Crazyreyn
09-06-2007, 04:26 PM

I'm hoping this. Anyone tried it out? Best bet is to preorder titles that are not out until 2009 or something so there is no chance of them being processed at all.

D4yw4lk3r
09-07-2007, 01:45 AM

Nope they aint stupid they covered that lol

Receive 1000 Xbox live points when you pre order and purchase 2 different Xbox 360 games from a selected range of games.

The promotion will be available from 23 August until 26 October 2007 and applies only when 2 Xbox 360 games, from a selected list, are pre ordered and purchased online at hmv.com (http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/www.hmv.com).
Promotion applies only to pre-ordered and subsequently purchased Xbox 360 games only.
Full payment for a game will be taken at the point of shipment of each pre-ordered game.
The free 1000 Xbox live points will be emailed out to the customer as a unique code on the shipment of the second pre-ordered Xbox 360 game
Both pre-orders must be placed under the same registered email account, and the Xbox live code will be sent to the email address associated to the registered account only.
Any pre order must be placed prior to 11.59 pm on the day prior to the game being released.- Games pre orders placed or purchases made on or after the day of game release will not qualify towards the promotion.
The range of selected Xbox 360 games which are the subject of the promotion will be advertised from time to time and are subject to availability.
The 2 pre-ordered Xbox 360 games titles must be different from each other
The offer cannot be exchanged for cash or any other HMV product or credit
HMV retain the right to withdraw this promotion at any time. This promotion applies to online pre-orders and purchases only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
Except in the case of faulty goods, should you decide to return a qualifying title, you will be expected to also return the code. If you decide to retain or use the code, then £10 will be deducted from any refund due for the returned games
The use for the Xbox live points will be subject to Microsoft’s terms and conditions of use. Please see www.xbox.com (http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/www.xbox.com) Promoters: HMV UK Limited, Film House, 142 Wardour Street, London W1F 8LN
HMV Guernsey Limited, Ogiers House, St Julians Avenue, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 1WA

Conker Rules All
09-07-2007, 01:50 AM
im gonna check this out and will tell you guys if any good because i might order so i'll reserve this space for my edit

beetlejuice101
09-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Just a shame that HMVs speed of delivery is terrible, you tend to get it a week or more later than you would have if you ordered it from Game/Gameplay or even Play.com

D4yw4lk3r
09-10-2007, 01:43 AM
Gameplay rocks never let me down yet on delivery and most of the time i get the games 1 - 2 days before it's released :-)

Had a spell of late deliveries with play so f*cked them off in favour of gameplay!!

Crazyreyn
09-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Gameplay rocks never let me down yet on delivery and most of the time i get the games 1 - 2 days before it's released :-)

Had a spell of late deliveries with play so f*cked them off in favour of gameplay!!

I agree that Gameplay are sodding quick, however I've had bad experiences with cancelling orders in the past. I'd preorder something, cancel it days before release, and they'd still send it. Rather annoying. But yes, they do send games out a good day before, which is great. :)

Play.com are complete arse too. I ordered 2100 points and a Scart cable on Wednesday, only got them today. :mad: