PDA

View Full Version : Any tips to do Weapon Crazy on 1st playthrough?

ImaginaryRuins
07-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Hello, I've just downloaded this game and am hoping to get this Weapon Crazy on 1st playthrough, but I know I need to do it under 4:30hrs.

I browsed this forum and found that someone managed to complete it in their 1st playthrough, yet I also know pausing the game isn't possible, so I'm wondering anyone can tell me how to do everything fast despite having no experience in the game environment and bosses? Thanks.

EDIT: I see no one is willing to help, so I'll take back my thanks.

Delow317
07-27-2012, 01:25 AM
Hello, I've just downloaded this game and am hoping to get this Weapon Crazy on 1st playthrough, but I know I need to do it under 4:30hrs.

I browsed this forum and found that someone managed to complete it in their 1st playthrough, yet I also know pausing the game isn't possible, so I'm wondering anyone can tell me how to do everything fast despite having no experience in the game environment and bosses? Thanks.

EDIT: I see no one is willing to help, so I'll take back my thanks.

I hate to play Mr. Negative here, but If I was you, I wouldn't bother going for it. The game DOES NOT PAUSE....and for this alone, I won't be going for this stupid acheivement. It is damn near impossible unless you have some kind of a super memory and have played through the game atleast 2 dozen times. You basically need to know where you are going and what you are doing before you enter the next room...

As I said, damn near impossible. And it doesn't matter how easy these speed run freaks make it look, it is extreamely difficult. Only one save halfway through the game, no first aid sprays and no using Ink ribbons. I swear to god if only this game would pause time, it would be so easily to get this acheivement by just watching the youtube videos, pause, watch more, pause.

As I said this makes the acheivement totally unatainable for the average user and for someone like me who already doesn't have a good memory to begin with.

If I was you, I would just forget about entirely. If you want to believe in some kind of blind optimism go right ahead.. Normally I would say good luck, but in this case, dont even bother thinking you can do it... especially with no knowlege of the game.

I figure as a completionist, If I can't get this acheivement, others are going to refuse to do it as well. Again, I would just give up thinking about even attempting this because the game doesn't pause.

ImaginaryRuins
07-27-2012, 03:32 AM
Well thanks for answering, and thanks for not directly saying bad things to me (you shifted the blame to the difficulty of the achievement)

But I eventually managed to do it in my 1st playthrough, by playing a speedrun video on my iphone as I play it. The speedrun video was only 2hrs long and I did it in about 4hrs.

Again, thanks for replying.

Delow317
07-27-2012, 05:17 AM
NP man, I would never attack someone for no reason so no worries! :) I'm happy to hear that you did it, it kinda gives me a little bit of hope. My question is, how did you do it? Did you pause the game, watch youtube on your iphone, then unpause, repeat? Also did you follow the video walkthrough to a tee? And which one did you actually use? The vids on here?

Also, did you play by just dodging the enemies, or did you defeat them all in every single room? I don't see how anyone can do this to be honest with you, but if it didn't give you too much stress, any pointers you can give me?

I just beat the game today, no walkthrough and no help in just under 25 hours. How do you think I could possibly do it in under 4:30?

And as I said, I never directed any anger towards you, if anything I'm happy for you man! I just really don't think I'm capable of even doing this sadly.

ImaginaryRuins
07-27-2012, 06:40 AM
Did you pause the game, watch youtube on your iphone, then unpause, repeat? Also did you follow the video walkthrough to a tee? And which one did you actually use? The vids on here?

Also, did you play by just dodging the enemies, or did you defeat them all in every single room? I don't see how anyone can do this to be honest with you, but if it didn't give you too much stress, any pointers you can give me?

I just beat the game today, no walkthrough and no help in just under 25 hours. How do you think I could possibly do it in under 4:30?

Ok, here's what I did:

1. I followed this 2hrs video: Resident Evil Code: Veronica X A Rank Speedrun (2:05:53) - YouTube (The last 15mins are gone, so after beating Alexia 1st form, play this video at 13 mins) Resident Evil Code: Veronica X: A Rank Playthrough Part 11 - YouTube)

2. I used the 'Back' button but I'm not sure it can pause. Anyway, while I played the video guide, whenver the player entered a room a pressed 'Back' to see what he did and what enemies were there, then I returned to the game and did exactly what he did, including ammos)

3. I never managed to swing away zombies before they bit me, so when in close quarter I usually handgunned / crossbowed the zombies which were in the major event paths, but for the rest (including the long-hand golden ones) I ran since ammos are limited. For the damn hunters I used Acid Rounds as they were more vulnerable to acid.

4. For Tyrant in the plane, 3 Gas rounds + 5 explosive arrows, press button to release cargo to push it away. For Nosferatu I couldn't aim properly so I had to resort to Assault Rifle & Handgun (thankfully I had more than 100 handgun ammos at that time). For Alexia 1st form in the mansion, 3 normal grenade rounds are sufficient (no need to dodge or move at all). For final Alexia 2nd form, 10 normal grenade rounds are sufficient. For the rest optional bosses, I skipped them all.

5. I always keep 1 full-strength healing item, and later on plus 1 blue herb, with me at all time.

Hope this help. I'd be glad to provide more info. if you need it.

Delow317
07-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks man, but this whole thing is still a bit of a turn off to me. I died multiple times in this game due to the 3 moths by the saveroom (there is no way to avoid getting poisoned by them, died multiple times fighting Nosferatu, died 3 times on the first tyrant in the plane, etc.

Thanks for the help but I still don't think I have the skill nor the patience for this. If I died once, that would be it for me, and I would become so frustrated, I'd give up on this anyway.

From now on, before I buy a game, I'm checking all acheivements before buying. I will never buy another game that has a speedrun acheivement involved with it.

Again, thanks, but I know I wont be able to do this anyhow. The fact that we cant die once is what killed this acheivement for me and the rest of this game. I dont even think I want to get the linear launcher either in the battle game to be honest with you.

All I can say for certain is if RE4 has one of these cheeves and/or RE6 has anything like this, I will not be buying those games. I guess I'm a quitter... oh well. :(