PDA

View Full Version : Can ya get the achievments from games off steam?

graemzy maing
07-20-2012, 04:49 AM
As above, i never play anything on the pc. I just seen Steam had some good offers on now,

I just got Red Faction Armageddon for 5 euro. Ya can get the hole lot for about 13 i think.

Will i be able to get the points now for this on my xbox account?

Here is where i got it from.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15630/

Do i just log into my xbox account in the game or what??

Latony99
07-20-2012, 05:25 AM
Uhhh, Steam Achievements are difference than Xbox Achievements. But some games on Steam have a Games For Windows Live thing (ex: Fallout 3) so for some yes. Does it really matter?

DragonsGoMOO
07-20-2012, 05:27 AM
Uhhh, Steam Achievements are difference than Xbox Achievements. But some games on Steam have a Games For Windows Live thing (ex: Fallout 3) so for some yes. Does it really matter?

Yes. It matters.

It has to be GFWL. I don't play GFWL/Steam/PC, so I don't know how to tell or anything.

The Tinker is a free game for GFWL, so if you wanna test that game out first, do it so you can pick up on it.

DJConnelly
07-20-2012, 05:30 AM
Like Dragon said, It has to be a Games for Windows Live. Dawn of War II is the only one I have. You'd need to download the client for it as well to link your GT. Steam achievements are completely different.

Latony99
07-20-2012, 05:35 AM
Don't some Steam games come with CD-Keys? If GFWL has CD-Key redeemer I guess you could redeem the key to your GFWL account and get achievements from that, if the game is even on GFWL. I'm just guessing though. :p

CHIRUNO99
07-20-2012, 06:44 AM
It doesn't work like that, there's already some games on Steam which also use GFWL, like Dawn of War 2, Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising, Microsoft Flight (FREE), Age of Empires Online (FREE) Fallout 3, GTA 4 and a few more. You kind of redeem them in GFWL, you just launch them through Steam.

Also some games have their own steam Achievements which is a completely different system. They're valueless but have direct statistics, and are completely incompatible with any other shiny gold star system.

Graemzy
07-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Yea i had that thinker game before. got some points from it. i was just wondering how will i log into my gamer tag with steam.

ill figure something out, the other game i got is Red Faction Gurella and that has a list on this site inthe pc section so there is a way to do. ill just see how i get on!

KnucklesV6
07-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Steam and Xbox achievements are totally different from eachother.

Gackt
07-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Yea i had that thinker game before. got some points from it. i was just wondering how will i log into my gamer tag with steam.

ill figure something out, the other game i got is Red Faction Gurella and that has a list on this site inthe pc section so there is a way to do. ill just see how i get on!

You don't log into your live id in steam, when you launch a GFWL game you login through that.

sleepydumbdude
07-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Don't think that one will work. I just bought toy soldiers a few days ago and it came with a code for GFWL.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/98300/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

Content Activation
To activate Toy Soldiers after your purchase, launch Toy Soldiers and select 'Redeem Code' from the main menu. Then follow the instructions to redeem your content.

Alternatively, you can redeem Product Codes for the downloadable content at https://live.xbox.com/RedeemToken.

I think the ones that come with gfwl have that. My Fable 3 had that also listed.

Well nevermind I checked the Red Faction forums on steam and looks like it should work. Have you booted up the game yet because it looks like it should ask you to sign into gfwl?

Scaha
07-22-2012, 12:23 AM
They do work with each other.. What you need to do is look at the game on steam and make sure its one of the games on this list http://www.xbox360achievements.org/games/pc/
Download the Games for Windows Live client if you don't already have it downloaded and log into it with your windows live id. Most of the games I've bought from Steam don't require me to do anything else other then launch the game while having GFWL open. On some games like Gothem City Imposters if you buy the dlc what you need to do is when you first launch the game that you bought off Steam there will be a popup in the bottom right hand corner, push shift-tab and click on it and it'll give you your CD key(s). Write those codes down and return to the game, once the games open and you're logged into GFWL push the home key (this opens up your windows live menu) and go to redeem code, then type in all your codes.

I bought a few games from the sale but so far I've only tested out Fallout 3 GOTY and Gotham City Impostors, but so far both of them have worked and I've gotten achievements for both games.

graemzy maing
07-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Yea it should work all right, i still havent installed the other game tho. I have been out all weekend. mgiht do it today. i know the PC prob goin to sturggle with running it anyway.

I just got the games cause there where cheap. ill in stall and start playin them properly when i get me new pc! which will be soon enough anyway!

the microsoft flight on worked too. got a couple of point off it!

Hiroshi Mishima
07-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Does it really matter?
When I saw this, I figured it was someone thinking the same way I did. Do the achievements really matter that much that you want to get them from Steam games?

I'm actually a little surprised this is being asked, to be honest, considering how they're two different platforms and such.

Scaha
07-22-2012, 06:35 PM
When I saw this, I figured it was someone thinking the same way I did. Do the achievements really matter that much that you want to get them from Steam games?

I'm actually a little surprised this is being asked, to be honest, considering how they're two different platforms and such.
It's a better alternative to buying the games from the Xbox Live marketplace, game's I got for 5 dollars from steam are 20+ there.

Why does that surprise you? Live is obviously moving away from just the single console seeing as they've been adding a lot more games for WP7 and GFWL lately.