PDA

View Full Version : Help me i believe my account has been hacked!!!

SpongebobRoundpants
07-21-2012, 06:16 AM
My gamertag is gamerboyTHXtss. He changed the gamertag when he hacked it too. I had over 160,000 gamerscore and he changed the password to xbox.com too I believe. Please help me!!

EDIT: Chatted with someone on xbox.com and they fixed everything. I will play able to play in 3 days. BTW the guy I believe did it was "AustinLikeCrazy" I will never make the stupid mistake I made again. Sorry for braking the rules staff. They are sending me 1600 microsoft points when I get it back. (800 to change gamertag)

Ok I know have my account back now. I probably will have to change the gamertag on this site so that it is fixed on the left. The hacker just sent me voice message (AustinLikeCrazy), I played it for like 3 seconds and didn't here anything so I just exited out. Isn't there like some kind of thing they can do if they send you a voice message or something and it does something. I remember one time where a guy sent me one and it froze my Xbox. Hack?

But anyways he changed my gamertag to WhiteIsRight951.

DragonsGoMOO
07-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Call Xbox?

I don't know what we're going to do except tell you to call them, make better password, don't give shit out, and all that.

Snowed
07-21-2012, 06:30 AM
Call 1-800-4-My-Xbox

What do you think anyone on this forum is going to do for you? You typed in your account information in a place you shouldn't have. No doubt you'll deny this, but you did. Next time, be more careful.

Also, best tell your parents because no doubt their credit card paid for the name change.

ReaptheChaos
07-21-2012, 06:31 AM
My gamertag is gamerboyTHXtss. He changed the gamertag when he hacked it too. I had over 160,000 gamerscore and he changed the password to xbox.com too I believe. Please help me!!

Your best bet it to contact Xbox customer service.

Out of curiosity, did you fall for one of those free Microsoft points deals where you have to sign into some site with your Xbox live details?

SpongebobRoundpants
07-21-2012, 06:36 AM
What number do I call please help!! I called 1800 4 my xbox but I can't talk to anyone

Ayx
07-21-2012, 06:54 AM
The only personal advice I can give is:

Did you make sure you remember the Secret Question for the email you had on that account? If so you can attempt to recover it's password.

Did you have a credit card attached to it? That will give a guarantee the account being granted back to you as the logs will tell them.

Did you fall for any sites that did NOT use the xbox.com domain? There are people who disguise these links to appear as if it said xbox.com but when you click it, it's actually completely different in the actual address bar. This is known as phishing which gets people's accounts stolen almost everyday and is very common so don't feel bad if it happened.

Just relax for a bit, if you have any answers to the above questions that would be great.

SpongebobRoundpants
07-21-2012, 07:14 AM
I do have the alternant email address with my account. I'm signed in with it now.

Anything I can do with that information?

Ok truth is this guy on 360a said message him if anyone needs help with the guitar hero metallica achievements and I just need help with the drum ones.

He invited me to chat later today and said he would do it later tonight at a friends house because he was also going to help with the gh2 coop achievements.

So then being stupid i trusted him and gave him my password and hotmail address. He needed my alternant email to sign in due to family rating settings.

Saw him playing metallica and then refreshed the page and it said absolute nothing and now I don't know where my account is. And dammit i had 800 MSp and he probably

changed the gamertag with it.

SpongebobRoundpants
07-21-2012, 07:17 AM
If you go to guitar hero metallica on the achievement list, click on creeping death achievement and into the comments, look for guy named AustinLikeCrazy, thats the one who asked me for everything. He hacked me! He changed my password and everything. I can't believe I believed him. He said it would just take 30-45 minutes to do. I know recover eachothers accounts here I think and helping eachother is not allowed but I just didn't have a drum set.

I even did seriously 3.0 on my account back in april and just got 1500G on GTA IV today.

McGoogles
07-21-2012, 07:17 AM
So then being stupid i trusted him and gave him my password and hotmail address. He needed my alternant email to sign in due to family rating settings.

There's your mistake right there. Never ever give away your Windows Live ID and password to somebody, especially if they're complete strangers.

Capn Doug
07-21-2012, 07:26 AM
I do have the alternant email address with my account. I'm signed in with it now.

Ok truth is this guy on 360a said message him if anyone needs help with the guitar hero metallica achievements and I just need help with the drum ones.

He invited me to chat later today and said he would do it later tonight at a friends house because he was also going to help with the gh2 coop achievements.

Saw him playing metallica and then refreshed the page and it said absolute nothing and now I don't know where my account is. And dammit i had 800 MSp and he probably

changed the gamertag with it.

You are not the first, and likely not the last, to be fooled by something like that. It was stupid, but others have done the same. Call Microsoft as soon as you can, and hopefully they can set everything right before any permenant damage is done.

CHIRUNO99
07-21-2012, 07:28 AM

Well that was a silly thing to do, but your only guess is to contact Microsoft and their Xbox Helpline or whatever the hell I phoned when I had a problem and got no help and telling them your situation. The more you know about your own account will help them trace it back.

They'll probably ask for your console serial and do a check for the gamertag from there or something. We can't really help you with our non existent connections to Micorsoft besides the same advice of calling them ASAP.

Just remember in the future to never give out your account details to anyone in the future.

Vigor
07-21-2012, 07:30 AM
If you go to guitar hero metallica on the achievement list, click on creeping death achievement and into the comments, look for guy named AustinLikeCrazy, thats the one who asked me for everything. He hacked me! He changed my password and everything. I can't believe I believed him. He said it would just take 30-45 minutes to do. I know recover eachothers accounts here I think and helping eachother is not allowed but I just didn't have a drum set.

I even did seriously 3.0 on my account back in april and just got 1500G on GTA IV today.

As you already know but how could you be so stupid?!!

If your account was breached, please call Xbox Support. Their number for the US and Canada is 1-800-469-9269
-
It's 0800-587-1102 for the UK

Read this as well: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Account-Security/What-To-Do

SpongebobRoundpants
07-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Ok since I can't call them until about 3 more hours I will just have to wait.

Heres the info I can tell them.

Your Windows LIVE ID associated with your gamertag. (He changed this I believe)
An alternate email that needs to be different than the one associated with your Windows LIVE
Your Console ID and serial number

When I load my console up and try to log into mine it says.

"gamerboyTHXtss signing in" then it says your xbox live membership information isn't valid. Use a profile with a valid membership or download your profile from xbox live.

So if I tell xbox support my console id and serial number shouldn't they be able to locate that profile?

Ayx
07-21-2012, 07:45 AM

changed the gamertag with it.Ah that sucks, with an account with stats like that I wouldn't trust a stranger with it but then again I know how it feels to really want to get that achievement regardless of the circumstances. Unfortunately, as others stated Xbox Support is probably going to kick you in the balls for giving away any personal information as you're not allowed to do so, but if you had any important personal information in that account (Personal Credit Card Info., Email Address etc.) then they might retrieve it earlier or almost the same day you get in contact with them.

However, if you don't and ONLY used Pre-Paid for your account then it might take a long time before you get your account back but you should have it. Just preparing you for the worst as there's a high chance it will happen. This happened to my friend back in MW2 when JTAG's weren't out yet and getting 10th prestige couldn't be done without account recovering yet, he fell for a con and it took about 2-3 weeks to get his account back and thankfully he had no MS points in it so the guy probably just changed the PW and left the account to rot until the owner got it back.

SpongebobRoundpants
07-21-2012, 07:55 AM
I don't care how long it takes as long as I get everything back. I just want to rewind 4 hours right now. Well over 40,000 hours of work on that account.

EmporerDragon
07-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Well over 40,000 hours of work on that account.

That's 4 and a half solid years. I think you're exaggerating a bit.

SpongebobRoundpants
07-21-2012, 09:25 AM
thats exactly how long ive been on xbox live
Im talking to microsoft right now.

[Waggly Bean]
07-21-2012, 09:46 AM
thats exactly how long ive been on xbox live
Im talking to microsoft right now.

And you've played for 24 hours a day since then? Wow, you're a machine! :rolleyes:

SpongebobRoundpants
07-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Moderators you can delete this thread now. Microsoft just taken care of the problem. I should have my account back in 3 days!!! I can't imagine restarting GTA 4, Gears 3, and many, many other games over. I am so freaking happy right now!!

Yeah they said the guy who stole it changed everything on my account. He said I still have the same gamerscore and they are giving me 1600 microsoft points when I get my account back. 800 for changing gamertag. I will not give any info out to anyone for now on. I'm serious! Someone asks me if I am a girl or a boy I will just say neither.

CHIRUNO99
07-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Great to hear everything is working out for you, although,
Someone asks me if I am a girl or a boy I will just say neither.
What's that got to do with your gamertag?

cjdavies
07-21-2012, 10:14 AM

Is this the length people will go to for achievements :confused:

If you use the same password for everything else you log into like Facebook etc - better start start changing the passwords for those too.

Moderators you can delete this thread now. Microsoft just taken care of the problem.

No don't delete, people can read it and hopefully don't make the same stupid mistake as you.

tehapoc
07-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Gullible.

Give me your bank account information and I'll fix everything for you.

Mister Spraggsy
07-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Sorry about what happened to you but to give your details to a complete stranger was just stupid. I've spoken to many people on this site, almost all of them have seemed like decent people but I wouldn't trust anyone of them with my details.

Look on the bright side, you did something completely stupid and learned your lesson hence you won't do it again.

McDurbin
07-21-2012, 12:21 PM
I think the op may be trolling you guys. If you look up his GT, his gt hasn't been changed and he only has 41k gs not 160k gs. Plus if it really happened, I doubt he'd be posting here. Unless he is really that ignorant.

Whispin627
07-21-2012, 01:16 PM
I think the op may be trolling you guys. If you look up his GT, his gt hasn't been changed and he only has 41k gs not 160k gs. Plus if it really happened, I doubt he'd be posting here. Unless he is really that ignorant.

Exactly what I was about to post.
His situation doesn't get my pity, his stupidity does. ::SMH::

ChickinOnaChain
07-21-2012, 02:04 PM
So then being stupid i trusted him and gave him my password and hotmail address.
This is like giving a stranger you meet at the mall, the keys to your house and car and saying, "Have fun!". :eek:

When will people learn? :confused:

Mister Spraggsy
07-21-2012, 03:21 PM

Ahhh profile detectives where would we be without you guys.
Good spot.

Ham Woopan
07-21-2012, 03:34 PM

I noticed that shit too. Either he's trolling or just lying so he can get even more sympathy.

I love how he mentions being hacked when he willing gave away his information. How unbelievable stupid can you be? If achievements are that important to you please take a break from gaming and the Internet.

EliteShadowMan
07-21-2012, 03:58 PM
So i'm wondering, did he actually fall for this? And if he didn't does that mean he's trying to just get someone banned? that in itself is against the rules. Either way if you're stupid enough to fall for something like that, you shouldn't get your account back at all.

A ZombieTwinkie
07-21-2012, 04:17 PM
He hacked me!

It's not 'hacking' if you gave him your log-in information.

Not trying to be too mean, but you probably deserved losing your account if you were smart enough to give someone you don't trust, yet alone even know, your info.

Ayx
07-21-2012, 06:18 PM
I think the op may be trolling you guys. If you look up his GT, his gt hasn't been changed and he only has 41k gs not 160k gs. Plus if it really happened, I doubt he'd be posting here. Unless he is really that ignorant.Actually, he posted this on TA asking his friends for help under the same gamertag as TA hasn't scanned his new one yet.

Nice attempt to stalk in order to look cool.

SpongebobRoundpants
07-21-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't know where you guys are getting this 41k. It says on the side and on TA I have 163,180. Should be fine and back to normal when I get it back.

McDurbin
07-21-2012, 07:00 PM
I don't know where you guys are getting this 41k. It says on the side and on TA I have 163,180. Should be fine and back to normal when I get it back.
http://i46.tinypic.com/33c5iy0.png

When I clicked on your profile last night it had 41k. Now it says it can't find the page. I know what I saw last night. I just looked you up on TA and saw the 160k. So I dunno what is causing the big difference.

Edit: While looking at the comments on your TA page, maybe when this guy changed his gt to what yours is thats where I saw the 41k. http://www.trueachievements.com/Nyaz+Darkness.htm

SpongebobRoundpants
07-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Yeah when I click my profile here on 360a it says the recent games are he played are Kinect Play fit, Happy action theater, and Nat Geo Challenge. The last time it says played was nearly the same time I was finished chatting with microsoft when they locked the account down for 3 days.

iBuzz7S
07-21-2012, 07:12 PM
When I clicked on your profile last night it had 41k. Now it says it can't find the page. I know what I saw last night.
I can vouch for this. When I had to redeem myself after a good laugh, I tried to check the profile and it said it could not be found. I tried a few hours earlier and surprisingly, the page loaded, showing the EXACT gamerscore it shows here on X360A.

Now, when you check again, you get the error page.

SpongebobRoundpants
07-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Now I just clicked played games and it shows a whole bunch of games now in random spots!! He fucking did something! And it shows a increase of 20,000 gamerscore. I don't want that! I will contact microsoft again to see if they can fix it.

cjdavies
07-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Now I just clicked played games and it shows a whole bunch of games now in random spots!! He fucking did something! And it shows a increase of 20,000 gamerscore. I don't want that! I will contact microsoft again to see if they can fix it.

Your own fault :chair

McDurbin
07-21-2012, 07:18 PM
They can't remove gamerscore so you may get removed from TA if they notice the hacked achievements. I've seen people get removed from TA after getting their account back because the person modded gamerscore on their account. But unlike the people with the fifa incident, you gave the person your info so its your own fault.

SpongebobRoundpants
07-21-2012, 07:20 PM
What the fuck now its showing everything you guys are seeing with a weird gamerpic and 41 k.

Microsoft said they locked down the account about 8 hours ago so he cant do any more harm.

Ok now i know why it shows 41k. The person who stole my account had 21k and then it jumped to 41k. Hopefully microsoft are taking care of the problem.

Ok I did all the steps it sent me and recovered my gamertag now. Its all back. 163180 gamerscore. Just the way I left it. Now just need to change gamertag, gamerpic, avatar, and get back at achievements.:)

Every now and then the person who stole it makes a new account and keeps adding me. I just keep on blocking each message. Is there anything I should do or worry about that?

I can tell its him because the account he made had 20G

Gackt
07-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Every now and then the person who stole it makes a new account and keeps adding me. I just keep on blocking each message. Is there anything I should do or worry about that?

I can tell its him because the account he made had 20G

Report him for harassment. Just keep blocking communication, don't waste your time replying to anything he says to you.

Also just a heads up before anyone gets angry at you for double posting... you can learn how to use the multi quote feature here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=378094

my_box_72
07-21-2012, 11:15 PM

EDIT: Chatted with someone on xbox.com and they fixed everything. I will play able to play in 3 days. BTW the guy I believe did it was "AustinLikeCrazy" I will never make the stupid mistake I made again. Sorry for braking the rules staff. They are sending me 1600 microsoft points when I get it back. (800 to change gamertag)

Ok I know have my account back now. I probably will have to change the gamertag on this site so that it is fixed on the left. The hacker just sent me voice message (AustinLikeCrazy), I played it for like 3 seconds and didn't here anything so I just exited out. Isn't there like some kind of thing they can do if they send you a voice message or something and it does something. I remember one time where a guy sent me one and it froze my Xbox. Hack?

But anyways he changed my gamertag to WhiteIsRight951.

Serves you right and if you had any logic( which you don't) I am sorry I don't feel any pity for you

Gackt
07-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Serves you right and if you had any logic( which you don't) I am sorry I don't feel any pity for you

Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. At least he will know better in the future :)

my_box_72
07-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. At least he will know better in the future :)

Bro I will agree with you there but sometimes , it so obvious when somebody asked for details that you would think " Wait a Minute " no I am not giving you any details !!

I have nothing against OP and probably was too harsh on him ;) but sad to see this happens all the time

Method
07-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Shutting this down. Lesson for anyone new to xbox or who just doesn't know any better, never give your account info to anyone. It's a surefire way to lose your account, email and anything monetarily related to it. Glad to hear you got everything back though.