PDA

View Full Version : haha I was right!

Tristan360
07-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Quite a while ago now I posted a thread, not sure which part of the forum it was in, saying that people under 18 should be allowed Xbox Live Rewards! I remember recieving a mixed responce some of which was rude leading to the thread being closed. Anyway, turns out people over the age of 13 are now allowed the use of Xbox Live Rewards:)
Also who thinks this is a good idea?

StolenPaper18
07-21-2012, 08:16 PM
I don't really care either way seeing as I'm over 18.

But, I suppose it's a good idea as everyone should get a shot at the rewards program, seeing as you hardly get anything from it anyways.

Gackt
07-21-2012, 08:19 PM
I didn't know the rewards program had an age restriction before. I wish XBOX Live had an 18+ age restriction lol.

DragonsGoMOO
07-21-2012, 08:21 PM
If they can freaking figure it out, I don't care. It doesn't bother me at all if people can do something or not, allowed or not. Why should we care whether or not people under 18, and under 13 should be allowed to use the Rewards crap?

warrenpaul
07-21-2012, 08:27 PM
I didn't know the rewards program had an age restriction before. I wish XBOX Live had an 18+ age restriction lol.

agree there so much!

i had someone add me the other day after playing l4d, sent me a message saying "thanks for being my friend, how old are you"

i personally thought i was gonna get a reply saying, 20 or something

turns out they was 7 years of age! wtf!

"friend removed"

Samigi
07-21-2012, 08:34 PM

"friend removed"

Aww your a bully :(

EliteShadowMan
07-21-2012, 08:36 PM
So you're bragging about being right? Not really a "mature" thing to do.

But I'm not sure it's a good idea or not. Maybe if it was 15-16+ then yeah, but 13 year olds don't have any reason to earn it.

StolenPaper18
07-21-2012, 08:36 PM

It would be weird for a 20 something year old to have a 7 year old that he didn't know on his friends list. lol

THE DEADLY DOG
07-21-2012, 08:55 PM
It would be weird for a 20 something year old to have a 7 year old that he didn't know on his friends list. lol

That's Xbox for you . =p

Tristan360
07-21-2012, 08:59 PM
So you're bragging about being right? Not really a "mature" thing to do.QUOTE]
True but the responces I got to the last thread were so immature I thought I would have a go at it;)

[quote=Gackt;5190812]I didn't know the rewards program had an age restriction before. I wish XBOX Live had an 18+ age restriction lol.
A tad over the top!? I would agree at about 7+

Dav13s
07-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Is this poll worthy? Pretty sure only under 13s really care...

True but the responces I got to the last thread were so immature I thought I would have a go at it;)

Don't double post, the edit button is there for a reason

Tristan360
07-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Then yes as that would make it worthy of 13-18 year olds to vote in it! And not true as some people that are 18+ may feel it is a good or bad idea, as they have done...

here goes another double post :o ;)
Sorry wasn't trying to get loads of posts or anything just didn't know how to quote twice in a post.

CHIRUNO99
07-21-2012, 09:10 PM
The rewards program isn't that great, yeah you do get points back, it just takes forever to even get 100 out of it let alone enough for an arcade game. I don't really see 13 year olds and under spending that much on the XBL Marketplace, especially if their parents aren't involved like they should be.

But hey, as long as you're happy.

Also there's this really cool method I use for quoting multiple times, which is called clicking the Multi Quote button.

Dav13s
07-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Then yes as that would make it worthy of 13-18 year olds to vote in it! And not true as some people that are 18+ may feel it is a good or bad idea, as they have done...

Sorry wasn't trying to get loads of posts or anything just didn't know how to quote twice in a post.

My. Fucking. God.

warrenpaul
07-21-2012, 09:30 PM

^ haha, says it all :p

Gackt
07-21-2012, 10:01 PM

You can learn how to use the multi quote feature here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=378094

No, because most of the super young kids on xbl I come across are playing mostly M rated games. And no offense, this isn't directed at you but most young kids are annoying. I don't want to listen to them or their high pitched voices screaming. There are plenty of immature 20+ year olds of course, but 16 and lower shouldn't be playing M rated games to begin with.
I wish there were a better way to police it, force young players to only be allowed to play the games that are rated for them. Part of the reason games like Call of Duty are horrible to play these days is because of the online community. Mouthy children quickly ruin the fun.

Cmpunk
07-21-2012, 10:03 PM

More like creeper..

Junkdewd
07-21-2012, 10:22 PM
agree there so much!

"friend removed"
You were just mad because he whipped up on you with a special infected.
:-P

xKRAIZEEMANx
07-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Anyway, turns out people over the age of 13 are now allowed the use of Xbox Live Rewards:)

I assume you meant "under" the age of 13.

OT: It does not bother me, I figured most would be able to bypass the "measures" put in place to enforce such a rule anyways.

rikib004
07-21-2012, 10:41 PM
You can learn how to use the multi quote feature here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=378094

No, because most of the super young kids on xbl I come across are playing mostly M rated games. And no offense, this isn't directed at you but most young kids are annoying. I don't want to listen to them or their high pitched voices screaming. There are plenty of immature 20+ year olds of course, but 16 and lower shouldn't be playing M rated games to begin with.
I wish there were a better way to police it, force young players to only be allowed to play the games that are rated for them. Part of the reason games like Call of Duty are horrible to play these days is because of the online community. Mouthy children quickly ruin the fun.

Fully agree and that responsibility lies with store workers and mainly with parents. So annoying to hear squealing kids down the mic

DecadentBeaver
07-21-2012, 11:07 PM

Comment of the week award goes to Gackt!

DOOKH8R
07-21-2012, 11:51 PM
People under 13 shouldn't be allowed to use the internet.

Skilled
07-22-2012, 02:31 AM
You can delete double posts by editing the second post and deleting it... Also if you don't know how to multi-quote then do what I used to do. Reply to the first person then copy what others wrote and pasted it into my post through edit.

I don't see why you had to be a certain age to begin with? Its just a quiz every month, nothing on there is over G rated.. Maybe just restrict them to the contests which you can win TVs etc, unless there is a was to prove parents permission.

People under 13 shouldn't be allowed to use the internet.

This.

SilentStrike011
07-22-2012, 02:37 AM

I agree. Parents wouldn't let kids sit and talk to a load of strangers on the internet but they let them on xbox live :/

Kids under 16 shouldn't be allowed rewards in my opinion since they're not paying for anything, it's the parents credit cards.

Tsaako
07-22-2012, 02:47 AM
Can hardly say I'm bothered about it anyways tbf.

ReaptheChaos
07-22-2012, 05:44 AM

Either that or separate servers for adults 18+ and one for children.

I was trying to get together a group to boost a game once. I got several replies and after I had everything organized I set a date. The first player to join the party got on and started talking I noticed she sounded rather young, I asked her age and she said 14. I immediately asked her if she would leave the party, which she refused so I kicked her and deleted her from my friends list.

In this day and age I don’t need to be playing with someone of that age or have them on my friends list. All I need is some angry parent reporting me to the authorities.

StayonTarget
07-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Yay! I'm happy about that. I don't see why teens (13-17) shouldn't be allowed to use the system. It's rewards for certain actions and there is no reason it's a bad idea to let younger gamers access them.

Kids under 16 shouldn't be allowed rewards in my opinion since they're not paying for anything, it's the parents credit cards.

Terrible reasoning. I do and have bought all of my gamer stuff since I was 12.

Samigi
07-22-2012, 09:21 AM
I don't see why not, the reward system is pretty boring just let 13 year olds on it.

Bugzy
07-22-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm far too lazy to multi-quote people in this thread.

@Gackt: The purchasing of M rated games lies with the store and the parents. That said, I've met just as many annoying and immature adults as I have children in my many years online. Next.

@ReapTheChaos: Angry parents are going to be reporting you to the authorities for playing a game with a 14 year old? Don't be stupid. Next.

@Silenstrike01: Lots of saturday jobs, paper rounds and inventive ways to make money before you reach 16/18. Should we prevent the unemployed from having access to Rewards since it's the state's money they are using? Next.

@DOOKH8R: Huge wealth of knowledge to be gained from the internet at any age, provided the parenting and supervision is up to scratch.

That said, please learn to multi-quote or just use @<Username> if your too lazy to :)

Chaz Of Sparta
07-22-2012, 03:11 PM

That's a bit harsh... :c
On topic, I think it's a good idea that everyone gets a chance, but as I am over 13 (but under 18) it doesn't affect me (I didn't even know there was an age restriction).

Gackt
07-22-2012, 03:12 PM
@Gackt: The purchasing of M rated games lies with the store and the parents. That said, I've met just as many annoying and immature adults as I have children in my many years online. Next.

Then they need to make a harsh penalty for selling M rated content to under aged people. Like make it a felony, for both the buyer/seller lol. Next.

Tristan360
07-22-2012, 03:21 PM
To confirm, it's over 13's that are now allowed the use of Xbox Live Rewards and before it was only over 18's!
Many people are missing the point of this thread, it's about whether allowing the use of Xbox Live Rewards was a good idea! Not about people under 18 playing on Xbox Live or on over their age games!
In addition, some of you are stereotyping under 18's e.g. high pitched voices, immature, ect. I'm 16 and rarely use a mic and I don't think i've ever been immature while playing with an older person online, or for that fact any person. Also, I (as far as I'm concerned) don't have a high pitched/whiney voice.

So Chaz Of Sparta it does affect you.

mrj3d
07-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Can't say I really care either way.

xKRAIZEEMANx
07-22-2012, 04:10 PM
To confirm, it's over 13's that are now allowed the use of Xbox Live Rewards and before it was only over 18's!

Do you mean UNDER.....UNDER 13??? This is the 2nd time that you've put OVER.....

BSC YoungBoy
07-22-2012, 04:33 PM

Do you mean UNDER.....UNDER 13??? This is the 2nd time that you've put OVER.....

No he means over. The limit for the rewards was 18 and older, now it's 13 and older.

xKRAIZEEMANx
07-22-2012, 04:36 PM
No he means over. The limit for the rewards was 18 and older, now it's 13 and older.

Wow, I feel like a dumb ass... Now that I read it, it makes sense. For some reason my brain did not comprehend the simplest of sentence structure......Must be all the things I did in my early 20s. Anyways, I am going to hide in a corner.....

Bugzy
07-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Then they need to make a harsh penalty for selling M rated content to under aged people. Like make it a felony, for both the buyer/seller lol. Next.

The UK has a system for violent/sexual games under the BBFC. Selling underage carries a fine (and possibly jail time?). At the end of the month, the system will sync with the EU's and the system will cover a much larger scope of games.

It seems your [US] rating's are only advisory, for even the most graphic and sexual of games. In which case, it seems, the responsibility lies solely with the parents.

FFFreak1129
07-23-2012, 03:32 AM
Never knew there was an age restriction on it until now. Doesn't bother me either way.

Death Metal Jim
07-23-2012, 05:04 AM

Easily the best post of the thread. Completely agree.

EchoPark
07-23-2012, 05:31 AM
Is there any reason why it shouldnt be for everyone? Whats the reason for an age restriction on this kinda reward program and why was ppl agaisnt it? Sorry just tryin to get my head round it. I mean as its been stated the Reward program is not much really. I admit am awful and spend alot of cash on live and i never seem to get much back if any. Not like i care as either way am gonna spend alot no matter what but it owuld of been nice if they said wow u spend alot here a free avatar item or a couple MSP off ur next buy lol

CHIRUNO99
07-23-2012, 07:47 AM
The UK has a system for violent/sexual games under the BBFC. Selling underage carries a fine (and possibly jail time?). At the end of the month, the system will sync with the EU's and the system will cover a much larger scope of games.

It seems your [US] rating's are only advisory, for even the most graphic and sexual of games. In which case, it seems, the responsibility lies solely with the parents.
The whole BBFC section is right, but by the US rating do you mean the ESRB ratings? Those aren't enforceable by law, at least not at the moment. Also ESRB is global, I believe.

Chaz Of Sparta
07-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Many people are missing the point of this thread, it's about whether allowing the use of Xbox Live Rewards was a good idea! Not about people under 18 playing on Xbox Live or on over their age games!
In addition, some of you are stereotyping under 18's e.g. high pitched voices, immature, ect. I'm 16 and rarely use a mic and I don't think i've ever been immature while playing with an older person online, or for that fact any person. Also, I (as far as I'm concerned) don't have a high pitched/whiney voice.

So Chaz Of Sparta it does affect you.

Ah, my mistake. I only recently started using rewards, which must have been why I hadn't realised the age restriction. God that's embarrassing...

StayonTarget
07-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Is there any reason why it shouldnt be for everyone? Whats the reason for an age restriction on this kinda reward program and why was ppl agaisnt it? Sorry just tryin to get my head round it. I mean as its been stated the Reward program is not much really. I admit am awful and spend alot of cash on live and i never seem to get much back if any. Not like i care as either way am gonna spend alot no matter what but it owuld of been nice if they said wow u spend alot here a free avatar item or a couple MSP off ur next buy lol

This and only this. I do understand not letting people under 13 sign up though as that is the age limit on most online things.

Eternal Turnip
07-23-2012, 02:49 PM
young people should be allowed rewards, glad they did it

ChickinOnaChain
07-23-2012, 03:06 PM
I was wondering about an age limit too. Didn't know there was one. But, in the end, it doesn't bother me, one way or another.

Barad
07-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Anyone should be able to use rewards, didn't realise there was a restriction.

Bugzy
07-23-2012, 03:52 PM
The whole BBFC section is right, but by the US rating do you mean the ESRB ratings? Those aren't enforceable by law, at least not at the moment. Also ESRB is global, I believe.

Indeed - hence why I said they were advisory only.

ESRB operates in UK too but looking at my own collection of games, the ones that I consider mature all have BBFC certification (and thus are governed by law).

Akuza
07-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Anyone who is online on Xbox live at the age of 12 has a bad set of parents.

EchoPark
07-24-2012, 03:33 AM
Anyone who is online on Xbox live at the age of 12 has a bad set of parents.

I wouldnt say thats true. Theres plenty of ways to keep it restricted and not allow them to do much.

My son has LIVE but its so he can play Minecraft and N+ with me when I'm working. No harm in kids play games online if supervised and you know what he is playin and stuff. I mean u wont see the kid go on CoD or anything like that. Plays harmless games with ppl i can trust. He cant go on other games, cant accept friend requests, cant add anyone and cant buy anything.

Doesnt make me a bad parent. Nothing wrong play games just need to moderate time and what they play

Akuza
07-24-2012, 12:38 PM
I wouldnt say thats true. Theres plenty of ways to keep it restricted and not allow them to do much.

My son has LIVE but its so he can play Minecraft and N+ with me when I'm working. No harm in kids play games online if supervised and you know what he is playin and stuff. I mean u wont see the kid go on CoD or anything like that. Plays harmless games with ppl i can trust. He cant go on other games, cant accept friend requests, cant add anyone and cant buy anything.

Doesnt make me a bad parent. Nothing wrong play games just need to moderate time and what they play

Ok I'll rephrase it then :p

Anyone who is online on Xbox live at the age of 12 has a bad set of parents, but if they are online with moderated live, like what games they can go on and not then their fine, otherwise it's bad parenting!