PDA

View Full Version : Is There Anyway To Do This??

Aiden95
07-22-2012, 01:30 AM
hey, basically heres my predicament:

i used to share an xbox with my older brother and we had 2 accounts. one for me and one for him. now he bought all the dlc on his account.

when i got my xbox i created a new account for me

now i want to play on the dlc which we bought but i dont know how i can get it on my xbox.

so my question is - Is there anyway to redownload the dlc onto my xbox so that my new account can play on it?

GT: ReindeerSausage

Gackt
07-22-2012, 01:33 AM

i used to share an xbox with my older brother and we had 2 accounts. one for me and one for him. now he bought all the dlc on his account.

now i want to play on the dlc which we bought but i dont know how i can get it on my xbox.

so my question is - Is there anyway to redownload the dlc onto my xbox so that my new account can play on it?

No. If you moved the account that bought it originally to a new console, it would be able to redownload it for free and have full access. While the new account would have access to it on the original console, when you buy digital content on the 360, you get 2 licenses.
1 for the console, and 1 for the profile that bought it.

Aiden95
07-22-2012, 01:40 AM
so basically im going to have to buy all the dlc again?

Gackt
07-22-2012, 01:59 AM

I am not sure how license transfers work, so I would wait until someone who knows more than me posts about it.

warrenpaul
07-22-2012, 02:03 AM

Think you have to yeh, happened to my mate he couldnt find a way to sort it so he bought all the dlc again, might be away around now though

Joel78
07-22-2012, 02:20 AM
You could probably get him to transfer the licences to your console and redownload the DLC. That way your console is the main one and any tag can play DLC on it, and since the DLC was purchased with his tag then he can use it on any console.

Not sure if this would violate any MS terms & conditions though...

SilentStrike011
07-22-2012, 02:41 AM
1. Press xbox button.
2. Settings - account management
3. Billing information (I think)
4. Liscense transfer.
5. Follow on screen instructions.

I got this from xbox.com/support for my friend the other night and it defo works.

Forgot to add, this will only work if DLC is linked to your GT. If it's not, then it's theft.

Skilled
07-22-2012, 02:44 AM
EDIT, so he paid for the DLC on his account, then you will have to pay for the DLC again. As its locked to his account/xbox. He could download it on your console but that is seen as marketplace theft by MS I believe.

DragonsGoMOO
07-23-2012, 05:28 AM
Trade accounts with him. Then that account has license on your new xbox, and his xbox still has the license.

Aiden95
07-23-2012, 06:09 AM
its looking like if i want this then Licence transfers is the way to go. what are the chances of microsoft finding out and what are the consequences if they do find out?

Gackt
07-23-2012, 12:57 PM
its looking like if i want this then Licence transfers is the way to go. what are the chances of microsoft finding out and what are the consequences if they do find out?

If what you're doing is considered Marketplace Theft then both accounts will be perma banned. I don't know what qualifies as marketplace theft though.

snipingheadshot
07-23-2012, 04:45 PM
If what you're doing is considered Marketplace Theft then both accounts will be perma banned. I don't know what qualifies as marketplace theft though.

Haven't people in several other threads asked MS Support and been told that it's okay to do? I really don't see the problem anyway.

StayonTarget
07-23-2012, 04:47 PM

Not entirely sure. When I had CoD Elite I had a friend come over and we played some of the spec ops stuff without him buying it.

TyrannoSpank
07-23-2012, 08:30 PM

If you mean you used his xbox to share, which he bought everything on, with his tag, then you got your own xbox and moved your tag to it. No, you cant play anything he bought. You have to play it on his xbox, transfer license, or buy it yourself.

And Transferring license or buying stuff on someone elses console with your tag isn't theft.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5166224&postcount=14

When marketplace games/dlcs are bought there's a profile and console license. Profile lets you play it on that gamer profile, on any console as long as its on live(except on the the one with the console license, which can be offline). Console License lets any gamer profile on that console play it, online or off.

Akuza
07-23-2012, 09:30 PM
No.

You didn't buy them.

They where purchased on another gamer tag.

Unless, you still have that original Xbox to use the content, other than that, no.

DragonsGoMOO
07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Trade accounts with him. Then that account has license on your new xbox, and his xbox still has the license.

Or just trade xbox with each other, have him recover GamerTag, then that Xbox will have the DLCs, and the Gamertag will have the DLCs as well.

That is, if there are 2 licenses, one for GamerTag and for Xbox.

Just gonna have to do some serious saves moving if you trade Xboxes.

Gackt
07-23-2012, 10:33 PM
And Transferring license or buying stuff on someone elses console with your tag isn't theft.

What exactly qualifies as market place theft then? Just curious, not doubting what you say is true or anything.

TyrannoSpank
07-24-2012, 12:20 AM
What exactly qualifies as market place theft then? Just curious, not doubting what you say is true or anything.
I believe its like pirating stuff, getting a dlc/game without any license at all.

Gackt
07-24-2012, 12:24 AM
I believe its like pirating stuff, getting a dlc/game without any license at all. I dunno how or anything. So simply buying a game on someone elses console isn't against the rules. If it was we wouldn't be able to play things on diff tags at all I would think.

Ahh I see. So it would be perfectly fine for me to say buy an arcade game on one of my consoles, then move my profile back to my other console and download it again and play both at the same time?

TyrannoSpank
07-24-2012, 01:12 AM
Ahh I see. So it would be perfectly fine for me to say buy an arcade game on one of my consoles, then move my profile back to my other console and download it again and play both at the same time?
Yea. I made a topic not to long ago asking the same thing. I can't say how reliable xbox support from twitter is. But they said it was ok as well.

I can't imagine that would be theft.

Felonious Monk
07-24-2012, 01:21 AM
"Theft" is a strong word unless you're, say, circumventing the license by running a modded box to ignore the copy protections in place and gathering DLC from all your mates and contacts. That I'd consider theft.

Utilizing the system in place by way of the "license transfer/download/rinse/lather/repeat" on a pair of boxes you own is akin to ripping a CD you bought and paid for and converted to MP3 format so that it'd play on your iWhatever. It's every bit of personal use.

Aiden95
07-24-2012, 06:46 AM
seriously guys im getting mixed messages here. hass anyone ever asked microsoft if its ok? speculation can only get me so far

SlinginDub
07-26-2012, 07:53 AM
you have to buy a new one

Gackt
07-26-2012, 01:40 PM
seriously guys im getting mixed messages here. hass anyone ever asked microsoft if its ok? speculation can only get me so far

You could always ask them yourself lol.