PDA

View Full Version : Don't want voices coming out of speakers when headset isn't plugged in

Drewdude1023
07-22-2012, 02:13 AM
I usually don't have my headset plugged in when I'm playing games. When I do, I'm usually in party chat. I don't want to hear people's voices over the TV speakers, especially since I listen to music, and on my TV, the voices interfere with the music and it's super annoying. How can I only enable voice when my headset in in?

Fracture90
07-22-2012, 02:19 AM
Should be in your console options somewhere. Its not hard to find :)

DJConnelly
07-22-2012, 02:25 AM
If you unplug your headphones, the voices will always come out your T.V. I'm not sure if changing the sliders on preferences>voice would help. But you'd have to change it all the time so I don't think it would be worth it.

DragonsGoMOO
07-22-2012, 02:43 AM
Guide button, Settings Tab, Preferences, Voice, then you'll see Voice Output.
Don't know how it will work, if you change a lot. I just leave it "Play through both" since I don't use mic.

Drewdude1023
07-22-2012, 02:51 AM
It used to work when it was set to "TV only" but I got tired of having to get my headset to check voice message, so i set it to play through both. then I eventually set it back and now it will still go through the speakers. This is just stupid. Why can't having no mic plugged in mean you won't hear voices. Not everybody cares what the people in games are talking about.

ShadoW zonE
07-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Not everybody cares what the people in games are talking about.

Or you can just mute the people in the lobby that are talking... Every game that has multiplayer has the option to mute players.

Eternal Turnip
07-23-2012, 02:50 PM
most games have a shortcut to mute people when you bring up the leaderboard. if not go into xbox guide > friends > recently played and find the player singing through the headset and press mute

niko da bos
07-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Guide button, Settings Tab, Preferences, Voice, then you'll see Voice Output.
Don't know how it will work, if you change a lot. I just leave it "Play through both" since I don't use mic.

thats what i was thinking, but im pretty sure once he unplugs the mic then that game chatter would be right back on the TV speakers. i think those settings only apply to when the mic is plugged in, maybe im wrong.

i am the say way as OP though, typically i dont want to hear random kids talking about their life or insulting eachother. most of the time i will just have the chat turned all the way down on my beaches, which i hardly ever use for speaking only listening lol.

what i used to do before i had my turtle beaches though, is just open up a party chat by myself (invite nobody). then set it to "invite only" so people dont just join the party then you got a whole nother problem :p.

Drewdude1023
07-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Does making your own party get around that though? I'm pretty sure I've tried that before and I still heard the voices in game. It treated it as though I was in game chat. Did they change it or am I remembering wrong?

siamese snake
07-24-2012, 02:27 AM
Go to your 'settings' tab, click privacy, and change voice and text to friends only.

DJConnelly
07-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Does making your own party get around that though? I'm pretty sure I've tried that before and I still heard the voices in game. It treated it as though I was in game chat. Did they change it or am I remembering wrong?

If you're in party chat, you shouldn't be able to hear anyone in game chat even with your mic unplugged.

Mister Spraggsy
07-24-2012, 06:27 PM
If you're in party chat, you shouldn't be able to hear anyone in game chat even with your mic unplugged.

This is what I do. I like to play Team Play on FIFA and its almost impossible to join a game without someone singing or shouting crap.

CHIRUNO99
07-24-2012, 06:34 PM
If you want to block out everyone only when you feel like it, start your own party and set it to invite only. You can still have your mic plugged in or not and you won't be able to hear anybody unless you want them in your party.

You'll be in the party chat channel and you shouldn't be able to hear anyone outside of it.

That's the easiest solution.

niko da bos
07-24-2012, 07:25 PM

correct, i wouldnt of suggested it if i didnt know out of personal experience :p. i used to use this a lot when playing online for an extended period of time, it gets annoying having to mute all the immature kiddies every lobby.

like i mentioned before just put it on private or something, so randoms arent just hopping into your party.

DecadentBeaver
07-25-2012, 10:59 PM
I get round this leaving my headset plugged in, with the volume down and mic muted. That way there is no problem. But I'm usually in a prty chat so not too much of an issue for me

OptimusPrime76
07-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Does anyone actually bother to read threads or are they in such a rush to get their own post up in their quest to be the one the answers the OP that no one bothers. Someone above posted the following:

" Go to your 'settings' tab, click privacy, and change voice and text to friends only."

That's it. End thread. Yet people are still trying to work out how to do it :)

Gackt
07-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Does anyone actually bother to read threads or are they in such a rush to get their own post up in their quest to be the one the answers the OP that no one bothers. Someone above posted the following:

" Go to your 'settings' tab, click privacy, and change voice and text to friends only."

That's it. End thread. Yet people are still trying to work out how to do it :)

Calm down. Not everyone want's to block voice and text from everyone, they just wan't to disable voice from coming out of their tv. Which should be an option without having to use the method you suggested, unfortunately it's not :\

Party chat works best, you won't hear game channels this way and you don't need to avoid msgs from everyone not on your friendlist.