PDA

View Full Version : Old School

VSassassin
09-06-2007, 02:28 AM
ok, does anyone know how to get this specifically? because i tried getting it in the first level, didnt use ANY health boosts, i used tequila time, but i died once. i finished the level, but i didnt get the achievement. explanation?

Watergoma
09-06-2007, 02:30 AM
any chance you pressed it by accident? Because i got that achievement in the first level

FURY1AN
09-07-2007, 12:34 AM
If you play through the entire game on any difficulty, just wait until after the credits or you could skip them. But after you do that and your back in the main menu where it says "New Game","Continue",etc just click continue, you'll end up watching the final cut scene and the achievement should pop up. Without having to do anything.

I also think it might work if you go to "Chapters" and just play through the very last one, then click continue. But either way it'd probably work.

maximumpain21
09-13-2007, 01:15 AM
thats what happened to me it sucked i accidentally pressed it near the end of the level

Mr Hey
09-13-2007, 04:09 AM
Just use the glitch

asianxcore
09-13-2007, 07:59 PM
I posted this in the guide thread:

I found out an easy way to get the "Old School" achievement.

After you beaten the first level of the game (Hong Kong Marketplace), go back and reload the section with the first level's boss.

If you beat the first boss using only Tequila Time (slow motion) you will get the achievement. It'll only take a couple minutes and it beats having to do the ENTIRE level using only slow motion.

MrHarribalsonya
09-13-2007, 10:58 PM
I still don't understand everyone glitching on this achievement. :confused: It's not that hard to play a level without using tequila time or bombs. If it's that hard, then stick to the first level instead of cheating the game. Your gonna need the style points and cranes for other achievements anyways. Play it right or don't play it at all.:mad:

xfrearsx
09-19-2007, 03:27 PM
You tell em mrharribalsonya glitchin sucks! So how does that glitch work again? He he. No not realy i'll just try replayin the first level again. Went through the game the first time on normal and only realy found a couple of bits that were a problem. Lookin forward to beatin this on hard boiled now. Bring it on!!!!!

Steelhead
09-22-2007, 11:26 AM
You tell em mrharribalsonya glitchin sucks! So how does that glitch work again? He he. No not realy i'll just try replayin the first level again. Went through the game the first time on normal and only realy found a couple of bits that were a problem. Lookin forward to beatin this on hard boiled now. Bring it on!!!!!
I had the same problem you did and couldn't understand why it wouldn't unlock but I think I figured it out. I went through without healing myself and got the achievement. I guess anything you touch on the d-pad counts as a bomb...including healing.

mata7
09-24-2007, 03:41 PM
you only have to use the pistol to get this arch?

RavenBlackthorn
09-24-2007, 03:47 PM
I don't think it is contingient on any particular weapon. If you are really struggling with this or accidently hit a Tequila Bomb (or Tequila Time if that matters) just reload the very last checkpoint of the game on any difficulty. You do -zero- fighting, so there is no way to screw this up. :) You basically watch a video sequence and the credits. -Achievement Unlocked-

mata7
09-24-2007, 05:40 PM
for more that i try i can get it, i load the last check point of the first level, dont use any tequila move just shoot the the boss kill hem but still dont get the archv :( , also on the guitar level it happen this to me to, i hide the guitars never go close to the place that i hide it clean the first floor and dont get the archv

bobdajob
09-24-2007, 05:46 PM
To get the Old school achivement i tried just playing the final party of the first chapter however I did not get the achivement. However when i completed the whole chapter only using tequila time and no tequila bomb specials I recevied the achivement. Hoever the health boost from using the directional pad on the controller also counts as a tequila bomb special so perhaps people may have used this and not got the achivement.

mata7
09-24-2007, 06:22 PM
thank you that was my problem i was using health boost thas why i dint get the archv, but now i have it :)

Kintaro56
01-03-2008, 03:05 AM
So...will using Tequila Time prevent me from getting this Achievement?

I don't want to use a glitch...