PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Achievements

DMR117
07-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Madden 13 will be having some Kinect achievements this year and my question is is EA sports aloud to do this to people who don't have Kinect. I have all the achievements from the past four Madden games and I wont be able to get all of them this year.

Skorpion XBA
07-24-2012, 05:06 PM
They can put whatever achievements in the game that they want. I think it's just a way to get more people into buying/using the kinect.

Edit: Looks like there's only one kinect achievement for 25GS. Fairly simple...maybe you could borrow a kinect from a friend?

iBuzz7S
07-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Oh no, can't unlock a handful of achievements because of a sensor.

Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River - YouTube

EA Sports can do WHATEVER they please, as they are developing AND publishing the game. They can even release the full game but have everything, including the options locked and give you the option to unlock it all by forcing you to purchase a new, sealed copy of the game.

Spanish Assault
07-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Madden 13 will be having some Kinect achievements this year and my question is is EA sports aloud to do this to people who don't have Kinect. I have all the achievements from the past four Madden games and I wont be able to get all of them this year.
honestly get a kinect, I thought I'd never get one....then I did and I love it. Buy one and have fun.

Fire Hawk D
07-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Why do people complain about silly things like this? I'm not saying you have to like it, but to go on a public space such as this and actively complain seems silly. Developers and publishers don't sit down and take into consideration your needs and wants. They look at the market, how Microsoft is pushing Kinect, see that a lot of Kinects have been "purchased", and decide to get them some of that. Or, maybe Microsoft, being kind of chummy with EA, asked them to put some Kinect integration in.

Or, maybe that's all overthinking it and whoever was in charge of achievements just went "Kinect's in the game...f*** it. I'm putting at least 1 Kinect achievement in there. Now, what should I have for lunch?"

I mean, really. I'm pretty sure achievements are still pretty far down the list of most publishers' and developers' priorities. They're not trying to make an incredibly small portion of their audience "buy a Kinect" by putting one achievement in. We as a community are so far from being their target audience it's not even worth noting.

Capn Doug
07-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Standard response to all complaints like this:

"You are not required to get all achievements. You are not required to 100% a game. You are not required to get any specific achievement. If you do not like the requirements for any or all achievements, you are not required to attempt it."

The better response was the one by Turn 10 over the Kinect achievement in Forza 4. Very few people actually complete these games, so why are so many people complaining when they likely won't complete the game anyway? Your average Madden player doesn't really care about the achievements.

Spanish Assault
07-24-2012, 05:43 PM

"You are not required to get all achievements. You are not required to 100% a game. You are not required to get any specific achievement. If you do not like the requirements for any or all achievements, you are not required to attempt it."

The better response was the one by Turn 10 over the Kinect achievement in Forza 4. Very few people actually complete these games, so why are so many people complaining when they likely won't complete the game anyway? Your average Madden player doesn't really care about the achievements.
very good point. Most Madden players play for football.

yourbreakfast99
07-24-2012, 05:45 PM
looks like i have to give in and get a kinect because i rely on getting 100% on madden every year. It's not all bad because i hear kinect can be fun and there are some games for relatively easy gamerscore

mrj3d
07-24-2012, 05:56 PM

This exactly. I have a Kinect but even if I didn't I wouldn't care about not getting that achievement.

Gackt
07-24-2012, 06:11 PM
looks like i have to give in and get a kinect because i rely on getting 100% on madden every year. It's not all bad because i hear kinect can be fun and there are some games for relatively easy gamerscore

Who has told you these lies?

Spanish Assault
07-24-2012, 06:19 PM
no lies.....he speaks the truth.

Capn Doug
07-24-2012, 06:39 PM

Kinect really is a lot of fun. Better than a good chunk of the games that both of us played on the way to 200k.

You really should try it before you knock it.

wohomerhoo
07-24-2012, 06:43 PM
honestly get a kinect, I thought I'd never get one....then I did and I love it. Buy one and have fun.

Totally agree. Especially if you can get your hands on a refurb or used for under $70.

CHIRUNO99
07-24-2012, 06:46 PM
It's up to the developers what and how every achievement is made and gained. EA is a publisher remember, or at least in this generation. If you have a problem with it other than, "They just don't work." it's tough luck. If you want your 1000Gs, you're going to have to get a Kinect Sensor.
Obviously you haven't played Just Dances else you'd know the fun which can be had. Doing dances whilst everyone watched you is totally not silly, especially people who are FAR better than you at dances. If I had the space for it I would have bought one ages ago.

cjdavies
07-24-2012, 07:16 PM
No different that online ones, not all people have the Internet or want to pay Gold.

It's fun, I have one.

Pyrochaos
07-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Oh no, can't unlock a handful of achievements because of a sensor.

Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0)

EA Sports can do WHATEVER they please, as they are developing AND publishing the game. They can even release the full game but have everything, including the options locked and give you the option to unlock it all by forcing you to purchase a new, sealed copy of the game.

Achievement depression amongst achievement whores is no joking matter.

Barad
07-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Would never waste money on a kinect, if I want to play on one i'll go round my mates.

Gackt
07-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Kinect really is a lot of fun. Better than a good chunk of the games that both of us played on the way to 200k.

You really should try it before you knock it.

If I had the room, I might get one...though I can only think of 1 Kinect game I am even remotely interested in. (Steel Battalion)

Obviously you haven't played Just Dances else you'd know the fun which can be had. Doing dances whilst everyone watched you is totally not silly, especially people who are FAR better than you at dances. If I had the space for it I would have bought one ages ago.

You're right. I haven't played silly dance games...but that's mostly because I don't like silly dance games. But what of all the other great games Kinect has you ask? I would be thrilled to try them all!...if I were 7 and had absolutely horrible taste in games.

Tried Kinect a few times, it lagged...wasn't as responsive as it should be, and the games I played for it were awful. I thought it would work well for ghost recon, I was mistaken on that.
If the next gen console comes with one, I'll give it more of a chance...but right now 1 interesting game isn't reason enough to get one.

I know I am not missing out though, look at the scores/reviews kinect games get. 90% of the time it's awful lol.

DecadentBeaver
07-24-2012, 08:22 PM
To be perfectly honest, I don't own a Kinnect even though we have a bloody huge house. I would love to own one. Its just the price that a put off. Knnects Sports was a lot of fun, but I can see me getting tired pretty quickly playing that haha.

If there were more games that were fun then I'd buy one.

Spanish Assault
07-24-2012, 08:53 PM
If I had the room, I might get one...though I can only think of 1 Kinect game I am even remotely interested in. (Steel Battalion)

You're right. I haven't played silly dance games...but that's mostly because I don't like silly dance games. But what of all the other great games Kinect has you ask? I would be thrilled to try them all!...if I were 7 and had absolutely horrible taste in games.

Tried Kinect a few times, it lagged...wasn't as responsive as it should be, and the games I played for it were awful. I thought it would work well for ghost recon, I was mistaken on that.
If the next gen console comes with one, I'll give it more of a chance...but right now 1 interesting game isn't reason enough to get one.

I know I am not missing out though, look at the scores/reviews kinect games get. 90% of the time it's awful lol.
I've only played Kinect Adventures, but it's been fun. I also just picked up kinectamals, but that's mostly for my daughter.

It's a pretty good workout and as an out of shape 32 year old dad I need everything I can get.

Death Metal Jim
07-24-2012, 09:25 PM

LMAO! Exactly. There's only been one Kinect game that I've wanted to play. The Gunstringer. All the other ones look like trash. And of course now they're predictably starting to add Kinect achievements and integration into A titles like Skyrim and Mass Effect 3. Just seems like a waste of money to buy one at this time, might pick up one in the future if the quality of games improves.

By the way, look at this 'high quality' game for Kinect. LOL!

CGRundertow KUNG-FU HIGH IMPACT for Xbox 360 Video Game Review - YouTube

Capn Doug
07-24-2012, 09:57 PM

There is a delay in Kinect. That is not something that people can deny, but it isn't much different from the delay in a game like Guitar Hero. As that series went on, you were able to adjust the delay more and more, so I would expect that will happen with Kinect as well in the future.

However, the biggest issues that people complain about often come as a result of the environment they play in. Sometimes it is a result of the needed space, which I occasionally have trouble with. I quite frequently kick the couch while using fitness games. But most often, it is a result of the lighting in the room, though. With a lot of shadows, Kinect has trouble distinguishing fast movements. Or rather the games that use kinect have trouble tracking them. Lots of light from multiple angles prevents 95% of these problems.

And, as I have said many times before, Kinect may not be be suitable for everyone. It does not work for certain types of games. Halo Kinect would not work. But some games work very well. It mystifies me that onami released another dance pad DDR after Kinect was released, since Kinect works so well for those games. Some genres (survival horror being one that I see a great deal of potential in) may just come down to personal preference. I can also see the potential in a strategy game for Kinect. However, someone who enjoys all forms of games does themselves a great disservice by simply writing off the system entirely.

Spanish Assault
07-24-2012, 10:59 PM
LMAO! Exactly. There's only been one Kinect game that I've wanted to play. The Gunstringer. All the other ones look like trash. And of course now they're predictably starting to add Kinect achievements and integration into A titles like Skyrim and Mass Effect 3. Just seems like a waste of money to buy one at this time, might pick up one in the future if the quality of games improves.

CGRundertow KUNG-FU HIGH IMPACT for Xbox 360 Video Game Review - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0CNnYjzHj4)
I honestly thought this was fake....but its not. Im gonna get it.

shangri la27
07-25-2012, 08:14 AM
guys, lets not forget the real enemy. online achs.

sT BlitzKrieg Tz
07-25-2012, 09:36 AM
I would not mind online cheevos. But like some others said, get Kinect!!

Dav13s
07-25-2012, 09:55 AM
No, lets not forget the REAL enemy. Gamers thinking they are entitled to shit. Developers can do what they want with regards to achievements, it's not their fault that you feel you must get every achievement ever.

i rely on getting 100% on madden every year.

Sorry, what?!?

Chaz Of Sparta
07-25-2012, 10:19 AM

^This

As annoying as this, developers can put in achievements that require Kinect, whether we like it or not. The best thing you can do is to just borrow one off a friend.

DJConnelly
07-25-2012, 10:32 AM
No, lets not forget the REAL enemy. Gamers thinking they are entitled to shit. Developers can do what they want with regards to achievements, it's not their fault that you feel you must get every achievement ever.

Sorry, what?!?

We all know Madden is an easy 100% >.< I haven't played Madden in awhile but I can't imagine caring if there were kinect achievements. They might do it in FIFA I hear. I never 100% FIFA though. Just play it and whatever happens happens. Don't think I've ever tried to get a specific achievement in it. Well, maybe the world cup online. Mongolia are a really good team and I just wanted to win it with them you know?

Dav13s
07-25-2012, 10:59 AM
We all know Madden is an easy 100% >.< I haven't played Madden in awhile but I can't imagine caring if there were kinect achievements. They might do it in FIFA I hear. I never 100% FIFA though. Just play it and whatever happens happens. Don't think I've ever tried to get a specific achievement in it. Well, maybe the world cup online. Mongolia are a really good team and I just wanted to win it with them you know?

Yea, but relying on getting 100%? Really? WANT to get 100%, yea. RELY on it? it's not like you'll die if you don't...

Spanish Assault
07-25-2012, 01:39 PM

This...the beginning of the end.

And This....what ever happened to playing games you think you liked?

Yea, but relying on getting 100%? Really? WANT to get 100%, yea. RELY on it? it's not like you'll die if you don't...

i rely on my job to support my family.... that's it.

Gackt
07-25-2012, 01:41 PM

Not all of us hate those :)

Spanish Assault
07-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Not all of us hate those :)
Depends on the game....NFS: Hot Pursuit Online achievements were great...You got them for doing "x" amount of events.

Long grindy ones suck ass. (Any Achievement with "Seriously" in the title)

Pyrochaos
07-25-2012, 03:55 PM

CGRundertow KUNG-FU HIGH IMPACT for Xbox 360 Video Game Review - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0CNnYjzHj4)

That game is awesome, the dude is clearly being a lazy ass while playing it. What a shitty review. He's trying to do the least amount of effort and still play the game. It works fine too.

THE DEADLY DOG
07-25-2012, 04:19 PM

Lol.. I wish I could use this for all those multiplayer achievements I want to complain about. =x

Airingprizes
07-25-2012, 09:39 PM
I'll just have to borrow a buddies kinect