PDA

View Full Version : Opinion of the Game...

RoT_xFaithx
09-06-2007, 12:35 PM
i just want some inside info before i decide whether to get it, rent it, or not...

Steelhead
09-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Achievement-wise, I have no idea how it is. But a friend told me that the gameplay is pretty slick. It's definitely on my rental list.

S1D1OUS
09-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I have only played the first level but it seems like it gonna be quite good fun playing though. Might get a bit repetative after a while but its always good fun killing bad guys matrix style slow-mo :)

Ice2Dragon
09-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Honestly. I was the second person to 1k it in the world.

I got it on sunday. Beat it last night.

Single player, total, for all the achievements, takes about 13 hours. It's not hard, hard boiled isn't that hard, the bosses are another thing.. Those will take time and careful planning and usage of the doves.

Multiplayer is a bore. The quick match selection rarely works, and the custom match rarely works as well. Once you get into a game, you get a 50/50 shot of having it either lag so bad no one moves and you can kill the bodies (Ala saints row pre patch) or it being lag free.

Rent it. Its an easy 1k, just takes time. Its not worth 64 or 74 bucks.. however at CC it was like 35 after coupons. Don't buy it though. My collectors edition is now gathering dust.

Hopefully that helps.

Mission133
09-07-2007, 05:46 AM
This game becomes old after the first level. Ice and I were talking about it last night how the first level gets your hopes up and nothing really builds off of it.

Multi is frustrating due to the fact that the maps are extremely small for 6 people and kills will get stolen quite often.

I personally regret spending money on this.

Mr Hey
09-10-2007, 04:09 AM
Fun, but old and repetitive, as well the difficulty really is too hard. Will play trhough this thing twice and will try and get 1000, as it is pretty exciting and spent good cash on it. Rent it.

k_dog
09-10-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm not done, but I have 550 points and I like the overall gameplay.

Hard Boiled is overal simple, but it can have it's tough frustrating moments. Reason being is that the game itself is just cheep. As in "Cheep Shots"

Worth playing, renting maybe. I bought it.

Tussell
09-10-2007, 09:00 PM
The demo was so fucking good, and I LITERALLY just got back from buying it.

If it's anything like the demo, 5 Stars!

Cause
09-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Really good game. I enjoy some of the matrix style. But I agree the Multi player is horrible. The loading screens on the Multi player are the longest i ever had to deal with in my life. Offline this is one of the best games I've played in a while. Definitely going to keep me busy until halo 3 :)

MrHarribalsonya
09-11-2007, 11:28 AM
If your a fan of Max Payne, then you'll really enjoy this game. The campaign isn't very long and the multi-player can be really fun once you get the hang of it. But, I'd suggest renting.

Mr Hey
09-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Wow, Im sure I didnt spend close to 6 hours playing through on normal. Shortest game Ive played yet, but was great. Getting ready for Hard-Boiled, even normal was pretty tough. Gameplay is very addicting the more you get into it.

PerfectAnt
09-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Took me only about 4 hours on normal to beat. you'll have to go through at least twice to get all the unlockable with your style points. Hard is a different case, taking about 5-6 hours. Casual & Normal you can rush right through guns-a-blazin. hard you have to be more articulate, hiding behind cover. good use of the cranes, etc. I'd recommend it as a rental even though i bought it.

Don Manolo
09-16-2007, 07:19 PM
yea i love the game. hard boiled is pretty simple except the third boss (Lok) was pretty hard i found.. but killing the enemies isn't that hard, it's more the boss parts but we have a good boss guide so i dont' that will be that much of a problem.. If you like games like the matrix, then you should get this one too it's very fun!:uzi:

Rewmac
09-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Are the special abilities good? Is it a boring game or is there actual color in the gameplay? Unfortunately I can't rent games, there isn't a rental in my city, I can only buy games and if I don't like I can still trade it in some shops.

Tom19
09-16-2007, 09:01 PM
I like it a lot. Its not as good as I thought it would be but its still a kick ass game all the same. Plus the slowmo in the game is awesome and allows you to really pull off some sweet kills :)

maximumpain21
09-16-2007, 09:53 PM
its a good game but i would just rent it

Rewmac
09-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Can you upgrade anything in the game?

been training dogs
09-16-2007, 11:38 PM
I thought it was a really fun and well made game and the amount of things you can destroy on each level is pretty amazing.
Multiplayer is a blast and a lot of the achievements are really easy to get too.

ElementalSoBe
09-16-2007, 11:43 PM
In my opinon the single player is really fun , and the multiplayer is really funny when 2 people as John Woo fist fight and kick over tables :p , but im trading it in twords my Halo 3 , so in my opinon the games is fun but being so close to halo 3 if didnt buy it , DONT , rent it.

Veritas34
09-18-2007, 02:41 AM
all i have to say is this game is absolutely amazing.

Rewmac
09-18-2007, 04:53 AM
Alright then I'll porbably get it then :D

jonnyhallsworth
09-18-2007, 10:24 PM
its a really good game for what it is i think. quite brainless on the whole (kill everybody, move on) and really enjoyable but multiplayer is weak and trying to get achievements on multiplayer could very well take you ages when you can hardly get a game

rent

dda24
09-19-2007, 04:30 AM
Thanks guys and gals of course.. After reading all of your posts I'm glad I didn't purchase the game for $70 just a few minites ago like I was planing to do. Maybe I should always read these blogs before I buy a game so I don't get stuck with a bunch of over hyped crap... Thanks again

LukeP91
09-26-2007, 04:37 PM
i love this game, except the really hard and annoying bits (Lok mainly). i would recommend this game to people who enjoy a nice, simple, and sometimes frustrating game;)

Derrick DS
09-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Started it last night, and finished it last night. I enjoyed the game throughly, but it was far to short. Multi is definitely lacking. A rental at best.

omegamustard
09-27-2007, 05:20 PM
it gets better as you progress through the game, definitly worth buying but not for anymore than 30 dollars. achievement wise, you can get just about all achievements in a few days, depending on how good to take to the game.

Derrick DS
09-28-2007, 12:50 PM
it gets better as you progress through the game, definitly worth buying but not for anymore than 30 dollars. achievement wise, you can get just about all achievements in a few days, depending on how good to take to the game.
Its difficult to get the multi achievements now that EVERYONE is playing Halo 3. I searched for games last night and not one came up. I hosted a game and only played two matches in one hour. Lame. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to boost or anything, I just want to enjoy the multiplayer a little bit.