PDA

View Full Version : "Play from hard drive" missing?

noil
07-24-2012, 10:00 PM
On the top left corner of my Home screen is the "Play Game" option, and right beside those words is a "disc" icon. When I check the "Game Details" by pressing the X button, there is only a "Play Game" option with no icon whatsoever.

I installed the game on my hard drive, but I can't tell if it's playing from the disc or the hard drive since my Xbox is so loud. It used to be easy to tell before since you were given the option to either play off the hard drive or the disc, but I don't see that option any longer.

Is there an easy way to tell? Should there be a hard drive icon in the Home Screen beside the "Play Game" window? Should there be a hard drive icon in the "Game Details" screen?

Mutalus
07-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Games will spin the disc loudly when you start the game it should get quieter after a while. I'm not sure why maybe its some sort of copy protection thing.

Console will automatically use the information from the hard drive when the game is installed.

Wildmn34
07-24-2012, 10:56 PM
When you install a game to the HD, when you first start the game up it will read the disc to confirm it's a legit copy. It will then take the majority of information from the hard drive. There may be an occasional disc spin here or there but by and large it will go fromt he HD.

BeefCakeHitler
08-05-2012, 12:28 AM
like everyone else said it's automatic. they just need to confirm you have the actual disk

TacticalTodger
08-05-2012, 01:50 AM
You'll notice it only stops being loud after about 5-10 minutes, what I usually do is drown the noise out with the headphone volume :D

bapae
08-06-2012, 02:16 AM
it will spin the disk to boot it and once its started it will run from the HDD without the disk needing to spin.