PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 13 Career Mode Details

MikeCorruption
07-25-2012, 11:21 PM
International Management

As your reputation as a manager grows in Career Mode you will now be offered the chance to manage International teams in addition to the club side you are already playing with.
Your performance and manager reputation in Career Mode dictates the quality of the international offers you will receive.
Your nationality and the league you manage in will also effect the type of International offers you receive.
Rumours about interested nations will circulate in the press for some months before you actually receive a firm offer.
Squad selection will be a key part of your International management duties and deadlines for selections (one week prior to friendlies, one month prior to tournaments) have to be met.
International competitions will run in parallel with the club game meaning you could land a job in the middle of a qualifying campaign.
International management has it’s own Career Mode “Hub” keeping your club and country separate.

In Match Live Score Updates

Whilst playing your Career Mode matches you’ll now receive audio updates from other games being played in your league voiced by Alan Mcinally and Geoff Shreeves.
The live updates cover goal, red card and penalty incidents.
Example – Shreeves: “Goal at Anfield, Fulham’s Clint Dempsey scores a brilliant freekick to make it 2-1, 73 minutes played” Tyler “Thanks Geoff”
You can select/de-select the matches you want to hear audio updates from prior to playing starting your match.

Player Stories

Interaction with players is now more regular with instant feedback received based on managerial decisions.
Player Stories can now run for months in to Career Mode re-emerging if you go through a bad run of results or when you sell/buy a key player.
Specific Player Stories also occur when managing an International team, meaning you’ll need to keep both club and country happy.
Fan stories will now make top news in the press based on team performance.

Be A Player

Once you’ve chosen your player (VP or real) you receive a set of Season Objectives to complete from the manager. The type of player you choose (forward, midfielder, defender, etc) will shape these objectives.
As well as Season Objectives you’ll also be asked to achieve objectives every four matches. This could include, goals, clean sheets, pass/tackle completion percentages, etc. The quality of opposition over these four games will decide the values you are asked to achieve.
If you are unhappy you now have the option to request a transfer, or request a loan to gain more match experience.
If you choose to play for a top club with a low rated VP you will not be a first team starter to begin with, you’ll be loaned to gain experience first.
If fatigued or playing poorly the manager can now substitute your player.
Once your playing days are over can can opt to retire and take up management.

Classified Results

After each Career Mode match you now receive a rundown of the classified results through in-game audio (think BBC Final Score)
League table updates are also fed back to you as well as any upcoming fixtures. These audio sequences happen less regularly than the classified results.
When this audio is running you can still browse all Career Mode menus and continue to the next game week.

Managers Office

You can now view any available managerial positions via the Jobs Board, this allows you to change clubs mid season should you wish to.
Your manager now appears on the touchline in matches based on customisation options chosen at the start of Career Mode.

Transfer Negotiations

The transfer system has been completely re-written for Career Mode in FIFA 13.
You can now offer player plus cash and player trade deals to the CPU.
When offering to loan players you can now set a future purchase price to sign the player permanently at the end of the loan period.
When the CPU makes an offer for one of your players you can now choose to “Counter Offer” to ask for more money. The CPU will then choose to accept, reject or make a counter offer of their own.
Contract negotiations now contain advice from your Chief Executive which act as a guide to what they think the club and player may want.
When offering contracts you can now choose a role for the player you’re trying to sign eg Crucial Player, Important Player, Future Star. This expectation will effect whether a player chooses to join your club.
Prior to making a firm offer you can now make an Enquiry to find out whether a player is available and how much the club want for them.
You can now make offers for players directly from media stories by pressing the left stick.
A new Financial Strictness setting will limit the percentage of players sales that go back in to your transfer budget (chosen at the start of CM).

Breaking News

A new “Sky Sports” style overlay will now deliver breaking and top news to the Career Mode hub.

Edit Players

You now have the ability to edit player appearance during your Career Mode seasons. This option can be unlocked via the new EASFC Catalogue.

User Interface

You can now read news articles from the media pane whilst the game is advancing.
The first time you enter Career Mode menus a tutorial overlay appears to guide you through each panes function.

Source: http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-career-mode-the-new-features/

Toams07
08-02-2012, 10:29 AM
This sounds sweet

djrapperz
08-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Like the sound of this

FreeFool
08-06-2012, 11:12 AM
This does sound better.

I can never always be bothered to check results in the post match screen, so if the info is fed to me by audio that will be good, espcially with results close to me. Like if i was in the relegation zone, if a team near me has won for example and lifted themselves out of danger. This could be a nice touch, especially when you navigate menus and the audio is still relaying info to you. You can imagine in 10 years time you will practically have in game radio and analysis of your situation.

I am also glad the manager will be visible. I hoped they would have managers for the licenced teams as well, at least generic models, so it implies it is Arsene Wenger, or Fergie or whoever, i wouldnt expect exact similarities or close ups. Just managers on the touch line who interact with 4th officials, gesture team instructions, talk to subs etc. That would be a nice touch.

Damien sandow
08-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Hopefully it will require more of a challenge to sign big name transfers than last year!

ginge88isfun
08-11-2012, 04:02 PM
I wasn't going bother with this installment of FIFA, having not bothered with FIFA 12 but this years installment looks like a vast improvement from past years.

Virtual Michael
08-12-2012, 03:38 PM
I like the international manager side, that sounds like a nice addition to this year.

PyschoJ2456
08-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Plus with having players come and go based on what their is doing at the time with their club team. Barca will be mad if you make Messi exhausted for the game in 2 days againts Real Madrid.

Not sure if this is how it will be but its what it sounds like

taffaroo97
08-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Sounds pretty neat. Im guessing you can manage both a club and country? Just like FM?

The 13th Knight
08-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Yes, you can manage both club and country at the same time. As your reputation grows, u may be approached by higher quality countries like Germany and Spain. You'll have to start out with smaller countries though

Toams07
08-21-2012, 01:13 PM
You'll have to start out with smaller countries though

Which is why it's so awesome. I never really liked the fact you could simply join any club you wanted

''Hey I want to join your 5 star club with the worlds greatest players. I only just started my career as a manager so I have absolutely no experience or successes to far, but I'm sure I can win the league, the Champions League and a whole bunch of other prizes and trophies.''

''Yeah sure welcome aboard. We're sure you will win lots of prizes. No experience or past successes? Lol like we give a sh*t. Your reputation totally sucks though, so we'll only pay you $1000 per week to lead 25 players who all earn over $200.000''

Starkweather
08-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Thank god for the international addition, can't believe i am only finding this out now!

Definitely going to be playing Career Mode even more now :D

Virtual Michael
08-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Which is why it's so awesome. I never really liked the fact you could simply join any club you wanted

''Hey I want to join your 5 star club with the worlds greatest players. I only just started my career as a manager so I have absolutely no experience or successes to far, but I'm sure I can win the league, the Champions League and a whole bunch of other prizes and trophies.''

''Yeah sure welcome aboard. We're sure you will win lots of prizes. No experience or past successes? Lol like we give a sh*t. Your reputation totally sucks though, so we'll only pay you $1000 per week to lead 25 players who all earn over $200.000''

OMG your so right, never looked at that way before.

Toams07
09-02-2012, 07:34 AM
OMG your so right, never looked at that way before.

It just takes away alot of realism, and it definitely takes away the challenge of building a good squad yourself. I am not planning to instantly go to Barcelona or something in career, but to start out at a lower league club

Klint Beastw00d
09-07-2012, 03:46 AM
So excited. New features sound great.

Urban Eclipse
09-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Can't wait for the release, career mode looks to be better by miles then 12

Hudson888
09-17-2012, 09:37 AM
All sounds good to me! I like the career mode, hopefully these changes will give it a bit more longevity, as it can get stale after a little while.

AgentMoop
09-18-2012, 02:39 AM
the create a player career sounds like it could pass 2k12's my player on my favorites list. SOOOO amped for this game!