PDA

View Full Version : Differences between Console and Limited Edition Game DLC

gamoamo
07-26-2012, 03:40 PM
I recently saw on one of Bungies recent blog posts what DLC the console is coming with:

FOTUS Armor Avatar Costume
In-Game FOTUS Spartan Armor
In-game LightRifle Skin
In-Game Unique Unicorn Emblem.

I was wondering if anyone has seen what specifically the Limited Edition comes with (if its the same as the console or different). It looks identical to the LE game stuff:

Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
An exclusive in-game emblem
Xbox LIVE Avatar prop*
Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set*

Another thing I saw that differed was that the LE games makes reference to 3 map packs totally 9 maps and early access to specializations.

Anyone else know if the Console comes with the map packs or specializations since the map packs could probably save you an extra $30?

AMATHUS21
07-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Dam i was dreading this, couldnt care less about the avatar stuff (maybe the crawler might be cool if it lasts more than 5 seconds) but the Fotus armour and light rifle skin are annoying that they are not in the LE.

gamoamo
07-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Dam i was dreading this, couldnt care less about the avatar stuff (maybe the crawler might be cool if it lasts more than 5 seconds) but the Fotus armour and light rifle skin are annoying that they are not in the LE.

I think they are in the LE. Or at least how I read into it, the things that are bulleted are the same for both the LE and console. They just haven't released the actual names of the items for the LE, just the general item class.

Veedrock
07-26-2012, 05:23 PM
^That's what I had assumed. There's no reason to really think the content between the two will be different, except the LE gets the map packs which the console doesn't advertise. It's sort of similar to Gears of War 3, which had shared content between the console and limited editions.

AMATHUS21
07-26-2012, 07:07 PM
I was thinking that they both have same content but the console says lightrifle skin and LE says Assault rifle skin, i hope they turn out the same.

CMCX360
07-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Bungie is posting blogs about Halo 4 pre-order incentives?

OceanH
07-27-2012, 11:47 AM
I recently saw on one of Bungies recent blog posts ...

Bungie is posting blogs about Halo 4 pre-order incentives?

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/07/25/The-Halo-Bulletin-72512.aspx

Bungie?! The hell are you talking about? Halo's been handed over to 343 Industries for a while now.

gamoamo
07-27-2012, 12:34 PM
http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/07/25/The-Halo-Bulletin-72512.aspx

Bungie?! The hell are you talking about? Halo's been handed over to 343 Industries for a while now.

My bad. I haven't played Reach much since release so I guess it still hasn't set in for me. Lol.

LickableLemons7
07-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Seems ok to me. I guess the console bundle has a skin for the light-rifle, and the LE has a skin for the assult rifle. Fine with me.

Speaking of Bungie and all, does anyone know what they're up to now that they're with Activision? Last I heard of them, they've recruited Paul McCartney.

niko da bos
07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
My bad. I haven't played Reach much since release so I guess it still hasn't set in for me. Lol.

you and me both :confused:
it is very difficult to grasp if you have been playing the halo series for a long time. they even stopped stat-tracking on bungie.net for halo3 and stuff, which made me so sad because i still play that game:(

i have halo4 LE on pre-order, actually debating on getting this console since my current disc tray is shit. i heard the custom halo consoles make like a shield recharge noise when you are turning it on / off or something? so cool lol.

Kai Freefall
08-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Leaked Halo 4 Limited Edition Content Revealed! - YouTube

RBmaster9345
08-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Wait so does the console NOT come with the maps and Ops DLC? How lame is that?

cw Paincake
08-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Wait so does the console NOT come with the maps and Ops DLC? How lame is that?
why is this lame? Console-Bundles never came with any bonus content from a better version of that respective game;)