PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever bought anything by mistake?

Blackest Metal
07-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Have you ever made a mistake and purchased something that you didnt intend to?

Im asking as last night I was trying out SSF4:AE and was looking at the dlc. It was a costume pack for the new fighters for 320msp and I thought "no way" and instead of pressing B to back out I hit A and downloaded the bloody thing! 320msp wasted on bloody costumes...

I also did this years ago when looking at DLC for Lord of the Rings: Conquest. I didnt even own the game, I just wanted to see what the DLC for it was and you had to enter all the way to the CONFIRM screen to find out it was a map pack. I did the same then and hit A instead of B and downloaded a 800msp map pack for a game I didnt even bloody own. 'sake!

hydrosugar
07-27-2012, 07:55 AM
No (not on the xbox at least), but I'm surprised it doesn't ask you to confirm your purchase. Seems kinda strange.

rikib004
07-27-2012, 08:08 AM
I bought a map pack on Black Ops twice by mistake... Fucking douche

CHIRUNO99
07-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Guilty Gear 2: Overture

What I expected was a Guilty Gear fighting game and I ended up with something I couldn't even understand.

FFFreak1129
07-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Nope never have. You can see the price and description and pictures of whatever it is before you buy something, so I just look there and don't even think of hitting the A button unless its something I know I will buy. And even if I do hit it by mistake you have to hit it again to confirm and then I know to hit B.

Akuza
07-27-2012, 09:04 AM
No (not on the xbox at least), but I'm surprised it doesn't ask you to confirm your purchase. Seems kinda strange.

It does ask you to confirm every time... It wouldn't forcibly make some one download it.

Driver San francisco. When I rented it originally, I thought it was horrible, but I saw the special edition and ended up buying it for 20 which was already 15 cheaper than the normal edition plus this one was sealed haha

Still haven't opened it to this day!

Guilty Gear 2: Overture

What I expected was a Guilty Gear fighting game and I ended up with something I couldn't even understand.

Guilty gear 2 overture is a fantastic game when you learn how to play it :D

Just play the story it teaches you!

DecadentBeaver
07-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Lol at OP. Sorry, but that is funny. Especially when you buy something for a game you don't own. The only game I bought by mistake was Destroy All Humans retail game. Steaming pile of shite. What happened? The first one was a lot if fun.

DJConnelly
07-27-2012, 10:04 AM
I somehow ended up with 2 copies of Mass Effect 3. Amazon said they couldn't fulfill my order for some reason so I clicked cancel and just went to blockbuster on release day and got it there. Then when I got home it was waiting for me in my post box. So I used the code they e-mailed me for whatever bonus it was and sent it back :p

hydrosugar
07-27-2012, 10:13 AM
It does ask you to confirm every time... It wouldn't forcibly make some one download it.

Guilty gear 2 overture is a fantastic game when you learn how to play it :D

Just play the story it teaches you!

The implication of the OP is that if you press A while looking at it that's enough. I actually bought Guilty Gear 2 Overture expecting a fighting game too. I still played it, as I can do strategy if I have to, but never finished it as I got sick of crappy AI on your team holding you back. Me and my brother did a similar thing with MK Shaolin Monks when we were younger.

otaking live
07-27-2012, 10:23 AM
I've bought a game that I already owned about 3 times now. I have so many that I forget what I have. Go to gamestop, find cheap games, buy, get home.......whoops already have it.

I like my old old microplay because I was on account and could never make that mistake. If I had bought it there, they knew.

katesith
07-27-2012, 10:23 AM
The Maw. I was looking at it when it was a DotW, had it at the purchase screen and right when I thought to myself and said no, dropped the damn controller and had myself a brand-new shiny arcade game. xD

AntagonisticChaos
07-27-2012, 10:28 AM
No, but my six year old brother did once buy me a nice new Alan Wake t-shirt for my avatar for 80msp. I'm just glad that was the only thing he bought. I'm not even sure how he managed that...

Dragon Weew
07-27-2012, 11:24 AM
A couple of years ago I accidentally bought XBLA game Gel: Set & Match. I thought I was downloading the demo for the game when I hit 'confirm download' but when I started it up I found that I had bought the full game :eek:. I've only played it a few times and I am now very careful to check what exactly I am downloading.

Iceskater101
07-27-2012, 01:31 PM
I have never bought anything that I didn't intend to buy.

ChickinOnaChain
07-27-2012, 01:37 PM
I don't buy much on the Marketplace but so far...*knocks on wood*...I haven't.

I did buy a few years of Gold when I became an ambassador over 2 years ago because back then, you had to have and keep a Gold account. When I left the Xbox forums and was removed from the program, I let my account go Silver. Buying all that Gold was a mistake.

Spanish Assault
07-27-2012, 01:43 PM
normally it will ask you to confirm, but I went to download the trial version of World Gone Sour for a contest and it charged me 400 MSP. After several calls to M$ I got my money back.

Skilled
07-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Brought one of the Gears 3 DCL twice, had it once on the season pass and another from the marketplace, I called to get a refund.

Davidian09
07-27-2012, 03:19 PM
I bought a Gears 3 DLC twice too, unfortunately.

Jack Frost
07-27-2012, 03:27 PM
On PSN I bought Me & My Katamari thinking it could be played on the PS3.

Nope, I still needed a fucking PSP to put it on to play. Grrrrr...

Wurmstrom
07-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Never happened to me but a friend of mine. He has his account set up to auto bill for anything he wants to buy. Well he came home one day to find out that his nephew was jacking around on the market place and bought L.A. Noire which was $30 at the time.

DragonsGoMOO
07-27-2012, 04:30 PM
No. It asks you to confirm. You shouldn't be buying it on accident. And if you bought it twice, why the hell were you looking at it when you already had it?

cjdavies
07-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Don't you confirm if you want to purchase after pressing A?

niko da bos
07-27-2012, 07:20 PM

lmao they let you purchase it two times, even if you already have it? that is pretty damn greedy.

a year or so ago my girlfriend and i wanted to play monopoly, i searched all over the marketplace and finally found something that looked like the game. however it was some DLC extra boards to play on, so i payed 10$ for a dlc to a game i didnt have :(. still havent gotton around to buying the actual game.

master_shake_350
07-27-2012, 07:57 PM
The rocky and Bullwinkle table in pinball FX 2, I thought it was the trial version do I kept pressing a.

jules the great
07-27-2012, 08:09 PM
LOL no i havent. I only purchased DLC for games I didnt have that I KNEW I was going to purchase. Gears of War Raams shadow for instance. I had traded it in, but purchased to DLC because it was half off. A month later I bought the game, played the DLC, then returned the game to GameStop.

Arsenic 17
07-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Yeah I accidentally bought two XBLA arcade game in the past while browsing. One called Ion Assault a couple years ago...and one more recently called Outland. The Marketplace load times are excessive and sometime I just jam to get out of them. Costly jams...both those games are horrible and costed 800 MSP each.

Walecs360
07-27-2012, 08:58 PM
I was looking for some cool games on the marketplace, when I found worms. I remembered I liked it years ago to a friend's, so I decided to look at it. I found the gamerpics, and the Xbox Live Marketplace said "free". So I thought "let's download them, they're free, if I don't like them I will delete them". When I was going to download the pics, I pressed A, then I suddendly read "purchase cost 200 MPs".
I hurried and switched the console off, but it was too late.
Shit, I lost 200 MPs for five horrible images? My favourite videogames (Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, and Perfect Dark) have gamerpics at 80 microsoft points each... with 200 MPs I could buy all of them and they're awesome. Instead I wasted my money on gamerpics of a videogame I don't even like that much.

Tsaako
07-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Can't say it's happened to me.

Floorkiller
07-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Last weekend I was a little bit buzzed, and I bought what I thought was a cheap arcade game...turns out it was the DLC (I couldn't even tell you what game it is). It was in the new releases, so I just didn't realize, lol. Not that big of a deal though....while I'll never play the game for full price (800msp) If it's 400 or less in DOTW, I'll already have the DLC, lol.

That's my only mistake though :D

mrj3d
07-28-2012, 01:42 AM
I've fortunately never done that. Although my then-5 year old son somehow bought the full version of Fruit Ninja while playing the trial. Oops my ass.

LawlCake1214
07-28-2012, 02:25 AM
Never happened to me. I don't ever have a lot of MS points on deck like that. Usually when I want DLC then thats when I get MS points.

quickhhh
07-28-2012, 06:46 AM
I don't buy anything from the marketplace unless I'm a 100% sober that way there can't be any mistakes and or accidental buys.

sleepydumbdude
07-28-2012, 07:01 AM
I usually wake up Wednesday and purchase the new games on xbox.com then turn on my xbox before I leave for work and turn it off so it can download while I'm gone. When Days of Thunder: Arcade came out I bought it by accident. I was really thinking of Daytona USA and got it mixed up. Days of Thunder was so bad I only put like a minute into it before turning it off.
Not for 360 I bought some final fantasy wii game. I wanted Echos of Time but picked up Crystal Bearers for 25. Damn that game was a stinker.
Also I wasn't paying attention a couple days ago and bought the first FlatOut on steam instead of the GFWL Flat Out Ultimate Carnage which has achievements.Only wasted 2 on that though.

Oh and I accidentally bought Battle Los Angeles because I dropped my controller went to catch it while frazzled and hit all the correct buttons to purchase.

Spade.
07-28-2012, 07:16 AM
I bought what I thought was a limited edition version of System Of A Down's Steal This Album!, considering the photo showed it in it's red flame version. The package came in the mail along with my blue version I ordered as well and came to find out that while the blue one came in just as expected, my red edition was the regular edition. I messaged the seller saying that I was sent a regular edition of the album, when the picture clearly showed the red flame version. He/she replied saying that description said nothing about it being a red version. I was just bewildered.

nevermindaboutme
07-28-2012, 08:10 AM

How? It says "download again" whenever I select something I've already bought, not buy again.

Floorkiller
07-28-2012, 08:26 AM
How? It says "download again" whenever I select something I've already bought, not buy again.

I got the 1st Black Ops map pack through a special promotion, and while it shows up on my downloaded list, if you go into the Black Ops folder, its doesn't show as downloaded for some reason....so it can happen.

LORD ICE CROW
07-28-2012, 01:10 PM
About 3 weeks ago i accidentally bought one of the armour packs for Dragon's Dogma, i had hoped after i did this maybe some of the armour would be worth it but only piece of the about 15 or i ever bothered to use.

MagicMurderBag7
07-28-2012, 01:25 PM
I bought the character videos for Marvel Ultimate Alliance thinking they were the actual characters. That pissed me off.

Also before I had internet I took my HDD over to a friends house to get some tracks for Rock Band only to find out that stuff bought on another console wont work with mine.

nevermindaboutme
07-28-2012, 09:07 PM
I got the 1st Black Ops map pack through a special promotion, and while it shows up on my downloaded list, if you go into the Black Ops folder, its doesn't show as downloaded for some reason....so it can happen.

Ah I see, I always miss special promotions or contests where you win anything, so that explains it :)

HugTheBear
07-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Nothing really comes to mind. The only thing I can think of is when I go to buy chew and the store has a $5 minimum for credit cards. When that happens I just get a pack of gum so my purchase is $5.

ClassicZach
07-29-2012, 12:29 AM
ryder white dlc.....horrible didnt even complete the thing then just tried it in

SpectreSoldier
07-29-2012, 01:19 AM
I purchased Homefront DLC for mistake.
I pressed A to see the description but instead of pressing B I pressed A. At least they were 240 MSP so I didn't waste too much.

vader99
07-29-2012, 05:32 AM
I accidentally bought some avatar item for Assassin's Creed II one time instead of downloading the DLC. Granted I was drunk but it still pissed me off.

JennyOwnz
07-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Nope. I don't think i have. I normally don't have enough MSP's on my account like that anyway. & if i do, it's never enough for a map pack or a game.

Optomistic
07-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Yep I accidentally brought a dirty woman....jokes!!!

I was checikin out keflings dlc, neck minit, I brought it.
"aw f**k! Now I gotta play it. BOOOOO!"

Kunduz
07-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Weird, since it should ask you to confirm your purchase...

masterq60
07-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Resident Evil 4 HD, I had the gift visa card and only thought there was like $5 left on it and hit purchase for the lulz and it went through because I somehow got refunded on my card.

It's not like I bought a bad game though :)

THE DEADLY DOG
07-30-2012, 09:02 PM
I accidentally bought some avatar item for Assassin's Creed II one time instead of downloading the DLC. Granted I was drunk but it still pissed me off.

Ouch! =x I would hate to have bought something like that when going for a DLC. I can't stand 99% of the avatar items to begin with let alone spending money on them.

Smoochy
07-31-2012, 02:09 AM
Thankfully, no.

I know I'd be fucking pissed if it did happen though.

my_box_72
07-31-2012, 03:27 AM
Nope has never happened !

Wiggur
09-11-2012, 08:45 PM
I bought Trials Evolution 2 by mistake a couple of weeks ago, I was pissed for about 2 days untill I sat down and though "eh, I might aswell try it since I wasted 1200 MS points on it" Ended up being one of my favourite Arcade games :) I wouldn't have bought it otherwise!

aggr1103
09-12-2012, 02:38 AM
I've never bought anything by mistake, but when my oldest was about 4 he was playing with the controller while the wife and I were talking. Next thing I know he's downloaded Assault Heroes and two indie games.

Kairi
09-12-2012, 03:12 AM
I have never accidentally bought something on Xbox Live before. I tend to be pretty observant of things if I'm on the marketplace or something, so I would have to be pretty careless to somehow buy something my mistake.

Rums
09-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Have you ever made a mistake and purchased something that you didnt intend to?
On Amazon, sure:

http://i46.tinypic.com/1qn7rt.png

When I move my mouse to the right across the screen, sometimes it clicks on the order option. It's very annoying, especially if I'm down to my last $10.00.

Braiiins
09-13-2012, 01:30 AM
Came home drunk one night and saw once upon a monster was on sale so I bought it, woke up the next day wondering why I bought once upon a monster dlc when I dont even own the game.

steamboatidk
09-13-2012, 06:04 AM
I downloaded a pack of cards for ultimate team nothing big like dlc or games

MangledRex
09-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Yep multiplayer characters in bioshock 2 on the pc, button got stuck and made the purchase before I knew what was happening

jacobite
09-13-2012, 09:48 AM
I haven't yet but Im a hater of "are you sure?" and then the "are you really sure?" pop ups and am guilty of fast stabbing buttons to run past them as quickly as possible, its a matter of time before I get caught out.

bapae
09-13-2012, 09:58 AM
i haven't but my brother got on my xbox and bought minecraft not knowing it cost money. Ended up with minecraft for free cause he bought me msps because of it.

Barad
09-13-2012, 11:33 AM
I bought a PGR4 DLC for 800msp by mistake while just viewing it, I didn't even own the game anymore and still the DLC is on my hardrive just wasted.

littlemissymoo
09-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Luckily no but I think it's because I never have enough MS points on my account and only put enough on when I want to buy something

dwayne_hicks
09-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Accidentally ordered 6 quesadillas at a convenience store once, didn't realize until they started cooking them.

In regards to Microsoft points, no, it seems pretty hard seeing you have to go through 2 confirmations.

Gageamatron
09-14-2012, 03:18 AM
Some of these posts sound a bit fishy.

Thankfully though I have never purchased anything I didn't intend to.

Now purchasing stuff that I regretted is a WHOLE different story.

newbsicle
09-14-2012, 03:44 AM
I have not made that mistake on the xbox live marketplace. As for in-store purchases I have made that mistake many times. I bought coffee filters not long ago and they apparently were to big for my coffee maker. No matter I use them anyway.

As for marketplace purchases... I don't make that mistake because I do not put points onto my account until I'm ready to buy something. And usually I figure out how exactly I'm going to spend all or at least the majority of the points I'm adding immediately.

Right now I have 220 odd points that have been left over and added from rewards. There are only a few things I could buy and if I made that mistake I wouldn't beat myself up over a few dollars.

Now I have bought a lot of dlc I thought was overpriced and complete trash. The vast majority is acceptable, but when you pay to unlock crap already on the disc it pisses you off. Or when you have to buy a game again because license transfer doesn't work. ARRGGGHH!

SicklyPlague
09-14-2012, 04:37 AM
No thankfully, i usually come up with a list of dlc/arcade games/other stuff i want and then go out and buy a 1600 point card and buy everything i can get off my list.

I mean i have bought a few textbooks that i really did not need for class before though but that's a whole other thing.

Drewdude1023
09-14-2012, 04:41 AM
No but back in the day my friend bought the multiplayer map pack disc for Halo 2, but never had the game lol

Guccme
09-15-2012, 06:34 AM
No i havent

Cmpunk
09-15-2012, 01:25 PM
No but that would probably ruin my day.. Well if I did I hope its good.