PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to put the sensor on the side?

LA Greed
07-28-2012, 01:21 AM
I have a 52" RCA rear projection tv and you cant put it on the top because you cant use the mount clip and its two small to sit on top, and it doesnt work to well when i set it on the floor, or even when i tried different stand things and such. is it possible to put it on the side on my stand where the xbox, blu-ray and satelite sits. if you know what im saying, cause theirs lots of room!!??

Felonious Monk
07-28-2012, 05:36 AM
I have a 52" RCA rear projection tv and you cant put it on the top because you cant use the mount clip and its two small to sit on top, and it doesnt work to well when i set it on the floor, or even when i tried different stand things and such. is it possible to put it on the side on my stand where the xbox, blu-ray and satelite sits. if you know what im saying, cause theirs lots of room!!??
Couldn't you calibrate it to do just that, so long as it can see the floor?

The only disadvantage would be you'd be looking, positioning yourself away from the TV, off to the side, which is less than ideal but would still work.

Couldn't you double-side tape it to the top or is it just way too thin up there?

MJack16
07-28-2012, 05:29 PM
the sensor wouldn't have a good view of the room doing that. Instead of having a wide view of the room horizontally the sensor would have a wide view vertically.

Felonious Monk
07-29-2012, 04:10 PM
the sensor wouldn't have a good view of the room doing that. Instead of having a wide view of the room horizontally the sensor would have a wide view vertically.

Oh, man, he means, not off to the side, but literally sideways?!

Yeah, don't do that.

xTGMx INF3RNO
07-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Buy a wall mount for 8. They're brilliant.

adifabio1024
08-05-2012, 08:20 PM
There are different mounts you can get. You can try angling the kinect if space is an issue but, you can't put the actual kinect sensor sideways.