PDA

View Full Version : Who at Microsoft Should I Contact?

Mister Buds
07-28-2012, 04:05 PM
a few weeks ago my gears of war slim died. i shipped it to microsoft. since it was my main console, all my saves were on that hard drive, and since my other consoles are the old white ones, i couldn't put my slim hard drive on them. due to it dying in such a short time it was still in warranty and i didn't mind spending a little extra money for priority shipping ($10).

i dropped my package off at a UPS facility early one saturday morning, it got to microsoft on thursday. it then took a week and a half before i heard from microsft, when they sent me an e-mail saying they were sending my console back. that was last monday. they shipped it back via 2-day UPS and it still isn't here. the tracking says it will be here wednesday!

how the fuck does 2-day shipping take 8 fucking days? if it does arrive wednesday, that will be 25 days this process took. i want to be re-imbursted the $10 i wasted on priority shipping. i need a link for someone at microsoft i can talk to about this. i know you can chat with technical support and ambassadors on their website, but neither of them will be able to help.

iBuzz7S
07-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Request a phone call from support.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/request-call?service=xbox-360&category=Other&ccfissue=&ewt=5&navlistpath=NavigationList&

Gackt
07-28-2012, 04:17 PM
late shipping isn't microsofts problem... you'd be better off speaking to UPS about it.

Bugzy
07-28-2012, 05:05 PM
late shipping isn't microsofts problem... you'd be better off speaking to UPS about it.

The contract and agreement is with Microsoft and thus it is Microsoft's problem. The only exception is if the OP organised the courier independently.

This is how it works in the UK anyway.

DragonsGoMOO
07-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Play it safe, contact both the shipping company and Microsoft. The more calls you make, the faster you'll find out what happened. Never just call one guy.

tehapoc
07-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Call Bill Gates. He'll know what to do.

EmporerDragon
07-28-2012, 05:51 PM
The contract and agreement is with Microsoft and thus it is Microsoft's problem. The only exception is if the OP organised the courier independently.

Yeah, it's a bit different in the US. Here, it pretty much ceased to be Microsoft's responsibility the moment they handed the package to UPS. The only way Microsoft's responsibility comes back into play is if he gets the 360 back and the problem wasn't fixed.

runswithscissors
07-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Call Bill Gates. He'll know what to do.

lol. Dont think your meant to send your hard drive...

EAU Phantom 9 2
07-28-2012, 08:58 PM
call my buddy Chuck Norris

nevermindaboutme
07-28-2012, 09:11 PM
lol. Dont think your meant to send your hard drive...

Bit different on a slim though, as you can't remove it without voiding your warranty.

But yeah, give UPS a call.

PMS Green1Chaos
07-29-2012, 01:37 AM
I would first call Xbox Support, though Microsoft gets Xbox in ranging from 3 rings, red rings, and miss alignment for when the game is being read...So it may not be Microsoft to blame, but the company that picked up your Xbox.It normally takes 1-2 weeks for the Xbox to reach it's hospital destination and 2-3 weeks for it to return home.

Chaos MAN
07-29-2012, 02:25 AM
Bit different on a slim though, as you can't remove it without voiding your warranty.

But yeah, give UPS a call.
My slim you can remove the hard drive easy. It doesn't void the warranty. As for the other guys question, just wait a little longer sometimes the mails just a bit slow. If it goes over 2 weeks then I would call.

ChickinOnaChain
07-29-2012, 02:27 AM
Personally, if I got it back, I'd be happy just for that. But I agree with GoMOO and tehapoc...call as many people as you can..."The squeakest wheel gets the most grease".

Skilled
07-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Why would you send your hard drive? Pretty sure they say just to leave it don't they as well they don't need it? Anyway just content them and their support number and be like whats up?

Akuza
07-29-2012, 10:28 AM
if microsoft has sent like they say, they should have given you a tracking number, personally i'd call UPS and inform microsoft its the couriers fault, not microsoft as they have despatched and given you a tracking number edit:- just noticed someone above saying its microsofts responsibility as its the uk law, yes but in the uk its a 50/50 case microsoft meerly Need to be informed so they can go down the claims route with UPS. in no way is microsoft at fault here, if a courier loses a parcel thats the couriers fault of which microsoft or any other company would not touch until they know 1) whats happened with the parcel and 2) if they are willing to cover the expensive of said parcel, if not then a whole investigation needs launching. I deal with this stuff day in day out.

FFFreak1129
07-30-2012, 04:26 AM
I think you might have to call UPS with this problem. Once Microsoft hands the package to them, its out of their hands and all up to UPS.

Kunduz
07-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Call up UPS. They always seem to fuck up my deliveries, so it wouldn't surprise me if the fault was theirs...

i NatrlKilla i
07-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Blame FedEx

http://www.tickld.com/images/content/19669.jpg

Seriously though, phone both UPS and Microsoft. The more people you talk to, the more likely it is you get someone who will help.

graemzy maing
07-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Would ya bother your arse for a tenner though?? at the end of the day its only 10 euro or dollors, whatever. Hardly worth pickin up the phone.

I would just forget about it long as ya get your xbox back and it workin.

Ya can go ring Microsoft, UPS all of them and sure they might in the end agree to give you your tenner back.

What ya can do then in put that off the 50 dollor bill ya rack up in calls!

I know ya prob feel ripped off but its only 10 quid not the end of the world! not worth the hassel if ya ask me!

OceanH
07-31-2012, 11:07 AM

Yeah, it's a bit different in the US. Here, it pretty much ceased to be Microsoft's responsibility the moment they handed the package to UPS. The only way Microsoft's responsibility comes back into play is if he gets the 360 back and the problem wasn't fixed.

Same in Canada: once it's on the UPS truck, it's UPS' responsibility and not Microsoft (sender) at all. UK's logic is messed up.

Don't know why Mister Buds (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=92894) spent extra shipping for. I sent my Xbox 360 S when the disc drive broke and it took a week to get to Microsoft, 1 day to repair, and then another week to come back. Meanwhile, I went on to do other stuff. It's free shipping and repair and Mister Buds (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=92894) went on to spend money because he's in such a hurry?

Btw, Mister Buds (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=92894) spent extra money to SEND TO faster, that doesn't means Microsoft spent extra (and they wouldn't) to SEND BACK faster. I'm pretty sure it's coming back at standard speed, which is about a week.