PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Xbox's

xBenR
07-28-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm new to Xbox, so i was wondering if i had a second Xbox, could i somehow put my gamertag onto it and say use the tv apps, but does this mess up game saves or achievements in anyway if the second xbox also has another account
Bit confusing but does anyone know?

Thanks

tmnterminator
07-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Hmm. I'm not sure what you are asking but I have 2 xboxs, one in the room and one downstairs. I can switch back and forth with no problem to achievements or game saves (esp since I use the cloud for gamesaves - I can play a game in one room and go the next and pick up where I left out at). I use one gamertag as well and use apps on both as I like.

xBenR
07-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Oh okay, how do you use the gamertag on the second one, did you use a USB and transfer it?

warrenpaul
07-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Put the data on a USB stick and copy it over, i had to keep copying it over to one another to keep the achievements updated, bit of a nitemare really

xBenR
07-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Put the data on a USB stick and copy it over, i had to keep copying it over to one another to the achievements updated, bit of a nitemare really

I'm not really worries about saves I just want one console to play on and another to watch stuff, I just want to know how to get my account onto the second console

warrenpaul
07-28-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm not really worries about saves I just want one console to play on and another to watch stuff, I just want to know how to get my account onto the second console

Im not 100% sure but i think you should be fine, you will just have to keep downloading the profile onto each console

Rep
07-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Im not 100% sure but i think you should be fine, you will just have to keep downloading the profile onto each console

You wouldn't have to do that if you're transferring it via a USB. That's only if you're downloading/recovering the account onto the second Xbox, which he wouldn't have to do if he's only wanting to use the Apps.

xBenR
07-29-2012, 12:46 AM
You wouldn't have to do that if you're transferring it via a USB. That's only if you're downloading/recovering the account onto the second Xbox, which he wouldn't have to do if he's only wanting to use the Apps.

Okay that's good, thanks mate :)

DecadentBeaver
07-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Can I ask, why do you want one 360 to game on and the other to watch stuff on?

dakisbac
07-29-2012, 04:58 AM
You don't need to transfer the account back and forth. Just recover once on your secondary console and the profile will be on both. Whenever you sign into Live on one you will kick yourself off Live on the other.

Gamerdude5448
07-29-2012, 05:23 AM

I'm pretty sure you are talking about recovering your account. To do that, you go to Download Profile after you press the big X in the center of the controller. You then put your email and password for your Xbox account into it and you should be able to sign into your account.

EDIT: That's if you want to play games on both. Just in case :)

Rep
07-29-2012, 05:24 AM
You don't need to transfer the account back and forth. Just recover once on your secondary console and the profile will be on both. Whenever you sign into Live on one you will kick yourself off Live on the other.

Wouldn't you still need to recover it again each time you switch consoles? That's how it used to be in the past... I'm guessing they've changed it with recent updates?

HamKet
07-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Wouldn't you still need to recover it again each time you switch consoles? That's how it used to be in the past... I'm guessing they've changed it with recent updates?

It was changed with with last December's update. You can now have multiple copies of the same profile on different consoles if you wish; no need to recover every time. When you sign in with one, any achievements earned from another copy are synced up from xbox.com.

It's quite nice really. The speed at which you recover your profile is vastly improved, too.

tmnterminator
07-29-2012, 02:01 PM
It was changed with with last December's update. You can now have multiple copies of the same profile on different consoles if you wish; no need to recover every time. When you sign in with one, any achievements earned from another copy are synced up from xbox.com.

It's quite nice really. The speed at which you recover your profile is vastly improved, too.

Yep, this. It used to be a pain to switch but now, after that initial logging in on that second console months ago, everytime I switch all i get is a little message alerting me that I was last logged in on another console. But thats it. I don't have to do ANYTHING to play/use apps/etc. And everything smoothly transfers b/w consoles. Coupled with cloud saving ability now, you don't even need a usb to transfer game saves; just take the disc with you as you move b/w consoles and you are good to go.

Triggrhappy94
07-29-2012, 04:57 PM
I used to switch between XBox's all the time--but then I got 16gb flash drive, and now I just switch that between 360s.

But yeah, you can recover your tag on other 360s that are connected to Live with no problem. But be warned, you will be recovering the your profile from the last time you wear online, and any progress offline on other 360s may not be recorded. This is only for achievements however, all saves are kept locally--on our drive.

MS may have changed some aspects of this recently though, because I recently saw an option to have your Live tag active on multiple Xbox's

StayonTarget
07-29-2012, 05:08 PM
There is a recover Gamertag option on the dashboard. Use that.