PDA

View Full Version : Need helping getting my gaming buzz back!

irPhoenix
07-29-2012, 08:28 PM
So from 2007 - 2010 I used to play games none stop, hour after hour, I loved every moment. Now that my life's progressed a little I find myself all dried up and not wanting to play games as much/having the buzz to do so. I can remember the buzz I used to get when I bought a new game that made me want to keep going. I can't seem to get this buzz back even when purchasing games like Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, etc and many more great titles that just get placed on a growing pile. I just find myself playing FIFA or Minecraft when I do sit down on the Xbox.

Do you guys recommend any games that can help me get this buzz back or that are playable without having to worry about the things on the side, collectables etc (because I still have the perfectionist in me that seems to bring the buzz down having to look for collectables etc.)

Here are some of the games I am yet to even see the credits on:

Halo: Combat Evoloved
Rayman: Origins
Bastion
Bloodforge
Trials Evolution
I Am Alive
Alan Wake: American Nightmare
Ms. Splosion Man
Crysis 2
Mass Effect 3
Dead Space
Bionic Commando
Alpha Protocol
Skyrim
Dragon Age II
Halo Wars
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon 2
Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
RAGE
Oblivion
Far Cry 2
Stranglehold
Bioshock 2
Dark Sector

Any thoughts?

Cheers.
Ash

ChickinOnaChain
07-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Take a break. Get away from games for awhile. When it urge hits you again, you'll know it. It happens to everyone. I wanted to sell everything I had earlier this year but I took about a month off. I'm back gaming again.

Rep
07-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Just as Chickin suggested - take a break. That's probably the best thing that you can possibly do.

I've taken several breaks over the years when I felt like that. I usually got the urge to come back after a month or two.

Samigi
07-29-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm the same I have over 10 games to still complete, I end up playing MW2 or just going on Netflix.

Inebriated Jedi
07-29-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. I just haven't felt like playing games lately.

I think the only thing you can do is take a break. You can't force yourself to keep playing.

DecadentBeaver
07-29-2012, 10:00 PM
I've been feeling the same recently and I'm thinking of taking a break from it all for a while. Achievement hunting has taken it out of me this year, so I'm having a break shortly and will come back to it in a few weeks.

MancYank71
07-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Chickin is right....but he usually is right most of the time, being all mature and know all, and whatnot..:p

My wife gets right pissed off at me some nights, when I keep chopping and changing games, because I feel like I want to play them, but just play out of habit, and get bored within minutes, instead of just taking some time out to do something other than sit on my Xbox instead.
It`s a habit to some folk, just like everything else. You do so much of it, that it becomes stale and not very enjoyable.
The buzz will come back if you give it a rest for a while.
Just make sure you have something to fill that void, if you do take a break. (drugs and hookers not recommended) ;)

Iceskater101
07-29-2012, 10:48 PM
I agree with what everyone else keeps saying. Take a break. Eventually that urge will come back or you will find out about a new game that you are excited to get and that will probably bring you back into gaming.

warrenpaul
07-29-2012, 11:07 PM
That happend to me, but i was hammering cod/bc2 everyday with my mates, and i got bored and took like 3 months off, the buzz came back, now i don't really play cods/bf even tho i do enjoy them, i would much rather sit down chill out and complete a game/achievements etc

i don't play everyday either, sometimes i just aint got time, but i see that as a good thing, because i don't really wanna get bored again cause i love a good game!

ive just bought a avermedia game capture hd, and im uploading achievement vids to youtube (even though everyone seems to do it lol) just as a hobby for myself, takes a while to save/compress the videos so i just turn the 360 off when im saving etc

DecadentBeaver
07-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Chickin is right....but he usually is right most of the time, being all mature and know all, and whatnot..:p

My wife gets right pissed off at me some nights, when I keep chopping and changing games, because I feel like I want to play them, but just play out of habit, and get bored within minutes, instead of just taking some time out to do something other than sit on my Xbox instead.
It`s a habit to some folk, just like everything else. You do so much of it, that it becomes stale and not very enjoyable.
The buzz will come back if you give it a rest for a while.
Just make sure you have something to fill that void, if you do take a break. (drugs and hookers not recommended) ;)

Drugs and hookers NOT recommended? Lol

StayonTarget
07-30-2012, 03:19 AM
Get Borderlands. Get some friends to play it with. It's a blast. What makes most games good is playing them with friends. So Borderlands, L4D(2), Halo (co op), etc etc.

bapae
07-30-2012, 03:27 AM
Take a break for a month or 2 that's what i do and i usually get more into my games and have more fun playing them after that.

Even if its switching from console to PC gaming for a little the going back helps.

DengelBerry
07-30-2012, 03:39 AM
Play a game for fun, not for achievements. see if that works.

FFFreak1129
07-30-2012, 04:13 AM
Like Chickin said take a break. You probably are a little burned out and need one. You'll start to miss it and come back.

HugTheBear
07-30-2012, 04:18 AM
As almost everybody said, take a break. I might be taking one soon. Been kinda forcing myself to play some games lately.

DragonsGoMOO
07-30-2012, 04:32 AM
Break.
Start new account and play for fun, don't look at achievements, completions.
Learn how to carve. That's what I did in the last 7 months.

sicklyplague
07-30-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm going to go against what most people here have advised, instead of taking a break slowly play through your games and if you find your not enjoying it move on to another one and continue until you find a game your thoroughly enjoying and stick with it.

Maybe you need to start playing different game genres, i see a lot of games in the list you provided are RPGs/Shooters maybe you have burnt yourself out of those and something else is needed.

Or take a break its up to you really.