PDA

View Full Version : The demo's great, but...

fax5jrj
07-29-2012, 11:42 PM
It has this weird problem where you cannot use the left analog stick to use the menus, and if you do, it takes like 5-10 seconds to respond, so you have to use the d-pad, which is annoying as hell.

Also, the destroyer class is useless. Both of the weapons hardly do any damage, and the perk would be useful if you had any good weapons to go along with it. Without any, the shield is pretty much for teammate's use only. It's really weird, because I maxed out the other characters easily and was usually near the top of the scoreboard, but now that I'm trying to max out this one, I'm always at the bottom. They need to amp up the damage on the weapons for the full game.

Otherwise, great demo. What do you guys think of it?

The Bum-Mobile
07-30-2012, 12:40 AM
I haven't pre-ordered the game, not even sure if I'll be getting it at all, but I'm looking forward to playing the demo. I got the first one when it came out, and I liked it but got tired of it pretty quickly.

fax5jrj
07-30-2012, 03:19 AM
Really? I thought the multiplayer was amazing in WFC. IMO, it's better in this one, and Escalation will again be amazing.

W. Samuel Jones III
07-30-2012, 10:56 AM
I wish you could start a game of escalation by yourself to test your skills (just like you can play gears 3 horde mode solo) but based on comic con I think its going to be team based.

XxStuartxX 1990
07-31-2012, 01:53 PM
LOL, I just tried the destroyer, thinking it can't be as bad as you said, I still came second overall, but I just felt so weak and seemed to be getting tanked by scouts LOL, the only decent thing about it is the rocket launcher which you can use to pick off vehicles, but apart from that it sucks real bad.

Back to the scout it is.

The Bum-Mobile
07-31-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't know. I really did like it, I got both the map packs, but it just sort of died overnight for me. I forget if something else came out that I got. In any case I'm really looking forward to playing the demo. I wasn't planning on getting the game but if I'm really impressed I may just...

kyboy
07-31-2012, 06:37 PM
so i just tried out the demo, its a definite buy for me. you guys are right about the destroyer class, it feels too weak. im liking the titan class the best so far.

XxStuartxX 1990
07-31-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm thinking the explosives are weak in this not just the destroyer class, as the Titan's tank cannon doesn't seem to pack much of a punch either.

cheevo360
07-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Yeah I agreed with small problem of Destroyer class because of explosive shooting at players that take longer for them to dies. Single-player story got no problems with explosive but MP do.

Maybe High Moon developers want less one shot kills unlike COD. Maybe?

Edit: Of course demo is great. MP is nothing new to me.

XxStuartxX 1990
07-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah I agreed with small problem of Destroyer class because of explosive shooting at players that take longer for them to dies. Single-player story got no problems with explosive but MP do.

Maybe High Moon developers want less one shot kills unlike COD. Maybe?

Edit: Of course demo is great. MP is nothing new to me.

Its not so much the one shot not killing thats the problem, its that it takes like two full clips to kill a scout, the supposed second weakest (health wise), class.

Infernal
07-31-2012, 09:57 PM
I wonder if our levels will transfer over to the main game.

cheevo360
07-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Its not so much the one shot not killing thats the problem, its that it takes like two full clips to kill a scout, the supposed second weakest (health wise), class.

Yeah man it is. I just try say as I think High Moon not want same to some MP games got one shot kills all times. :)

cheevo360
07-31-2012, 10:03 PM
I wonder if our levels will transfer over to the main game.

No it will not, so you have do over again for levels in full version. :)

Infernal
07-31-2012, 10:32 PM

Dang, that stinks, but oh well I cannot wait for this game, the MP is a blast!

iBuzz7S
08-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Gameplay of each level. No multiplayer here.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - The Exodus Demo Gameplay - YouTube

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Death From Above Demo Gameplay - YouTube

MASS DOMINATION
08-01-2012, 07:02 AM
After playing some the multiplayer and using a little of each class I have some thought's.

-First off, why can you no longer dash sideways in car form? I used to love doing it in WFC and pulling off cool moves. I see no reason for it's removal.

-Is it just me or are the graphics no better then WFC? The environment hardly any detail in it. I keep thinking the floors aren't done loading and that they will sharpen up but they never do.

-The one map they choose to show off in the demo is pretty generic and boring to me. Usually multiplayer demo's show off 1 of the best maps in the game so I'm a little worried about this game's quality of the maps.

-And this is a minor thing but I find it really weird to have the option to play as Bumblebee or optimus prime on the decepticon team. I know it's just so we can have more pieces to customize with but there isn't much selection in the demo, so right now I'm playing as a decpticon that looks like a blue Bumblebee and it looks/feels really odd.

Maybe I was expecting too much from this game since I absolutely loved WFC but I can`t help but feel a little disappointed in the demo. And the no co-op campaign was a real downer as well. I'll be waiting for reviews before I pick up this game now.

XxStuartxX 1990
08-01-2012, 10:11 AM
My Problems:

They have gotten rid of killstreak rewards.

I seem to be having a problem knowing wether I'm winning or losing, as for me the hud scoreboard isn't clear, who has what points.

The Explosives in MP seem very, very weak.

The class customization seems limited, (load-out, not chassis)

My Likes

Everything else

Overall I'd give it an 8.5, while I give WFC a nine, maybe when they tweak some stuff, mainly the explosives, it'll be as good as WFC MP, but ATM its not quite as good.

xD Rick
08-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Havenīt played the demo yet, so you guys can tell how long it takes to max out the classes?

DigiTekh
08-01-2012, 04:34 PM
the demo is a blast but i have a question is about what you have leveled up in the demo transfer to the full game? that would be totally sweet if it did.

fax5jrj
08-01-2012, 05:31 PM
-Is it just me or are the graphics no better then WFC? The environment hardly any detail in it. I keep thinking the floors aren't done loading and that they will sharpen up but they never do.

-The one map they choose to show off in the demo is pretty generic and boring to me. Usually multiplayer demo's show off 1 of the best maps in the game so I'm a little worried about this game's quality of the maps.

This was the case with the BF3 demo. They picked the worst map of the game, and the graphics were horrible. Look how well BF3 turned out (IMO). While they're probably not going to add a texture pack on release, they're probably not done tweaking yet.

Also, to whoever asked, it takes 6 levels to max out each of the classes, so technically 24 levels.

pX I Atticus
08-02-2012, 08:59 AM

your wrong. In the demo at the top it says levels will carry over to the full game.

xD Rick
08-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Also, to whoever asked, it takes 6 levels to max out each of the classes, so technically 24 levels.

Thank you.
Iīm really want to play it, I loved the other game, but never get the achievement regarding maxed out classes, because I suck so much in shooter games, so I may pass this one for this reason.
HAd lots of fun in the single player, though.

DigiTekh
08-02-2012, 01:56 PM
your wrong. In the demo at the top it says levels will carry over to the full game.

i must have missed this bit of info. I know they will expand how much you can level up come August 10th per that streaming headline.

as for the guy who never finished the first game, Play conquest and just cap the flags. Also the first game is set on permanent 5x xp so leveling up will not take as long. a good boosting session setup through TrueAchievements you can get it done quickly.

xD Rick
08-02-2012, 03:27 PM
i must have missed this bit of info. I know they will expand how much you can level up come August 10th per that streaming headline.

as for the guy who never finished the first game, Play conquest and just cap the flags. Also the first game is set on permanent 5x xp so leveling up will not take as long. a good boosting session setup through TrueAchievements you can get it done quickly.

Ok, thanks for the tips friend.
Too bad I canīt open up a boosting session, Iīve got banned from TA, because a stupid mistake xbox live did with my gamertag. It put identical timestamps on some achievements I got offline... :mad:

Anyway, maybe if I start playing MP right from the start, I might have a chance.:p

T3hpwner54
08-02-2012, 05:22 PM
The destroyer can't destroy a ham sandwich with out his ability. Plus his radius is shit too.

fax5jrj
08-02-2012, 09:46 PM
What's the highest killstreak you guys have gone on?

kTs Yones
08-03-2012, 06:24 AM
i had a 8 killstreak using the infiltrator class. really love the cloak ability :woop:

Trewman
08-03-2012, 12:08 PM
It has this weird problem where you cannot use the left analog stick to use the menus, and if you do, it takes like 5-10 seconds to respond, so you have to use the d-pad, which is annoying as hell.

Also, the destroyer class is useless. Both of the weapons hardly do any damage, and the perk would be useful if you had any good weapons to go along with it. Without any, the shield is pretty much for teammate's use only. It's really weird, because I maxed out the other characters easily and was usually near the top of the scoreboard, but now that I'm trying to max out this one, I'm always at the bottom. They need to amp up the damage on the weapons for the full game.

Otherwise, great demo. What do you guys think of it?

Im really glad someone else noticed... its such a small thing but it really bugged me! I even thought my controller was on the way out, so thanks for reassuring me their dude :)

as for your problem with the destroyer i cant really comment, i max levelled all the others in WFC but i really seemed to play best as scientist and scout. So for the demo thats what ive stuck too :p

Trewman
08-03-2012, 12:13 PM
im on the fence about the lack of barrell roll for infiltrator. since yea your right it was sooo cool to rush the other team cloak/dash/melee/dash/transform and get out of there before they know what hit them. So on the other hand i think its easy to see why they got nerfed a bit, especially since theres alot of complaints that their STILL too powerful.

cant agree about the graphics and map though. i tend to move around so fast that i dont really take the time to take in the pallette :p and i really enjoyed the map, seemed like a throwback to the first map in WAR!

kyboy
08-03-2012, 01:57 PM
playing the demo made me go pre order it lol.. never played and of the other transformer games (on xbox360 any way.) IMO, its like Gears of War with Transformers lol.. which is definitely not a bad thing at all!

Trewman
08-03-2012, 03:45 PM
playing the demo made me go pre order it lol.. never played and of the other transformer games (on xbox360 any way.) IMO, its like Gears of War with Transformers lol.. which is definitely not a bad thing at all!

that's great the more people get into it the better. but if your a transformers fan pick up the first, you might not get a multiplayer game but it'll be cheap and get you some practice :p

fax5jrj
08-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Im really glad someone else noticed... its such a small thing but it really bugged me! I even thought my controller was on the way out, so thanks for reassuring me their dude :)

as for your problem with the destroyer i cant really comment, i max levelled all the others in WFC but i really seemed to play best as scientist and scout. So for the demo thats what ive stuck too :p

Yeah, I usually stick to scientist and infiltrator, too. The titan, even though it has the greatest weapon in the game (you know what I'm talking about), I find myself getting annoyed because of it's limited mobility. Also, flying in a jet makes me feel like a badass.

Trewman
08-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I usually stick to scientist and infiltrator, too. The titan, even though it has the greatest weapon in the game (you know what I'm talking about), I find myself getting annoyed because of it's limited mobility. Also, flying in a jet makes me feel like a badass.

YES! same here i always feel like a lumbering giant in robot form and too slow to target as vehicle. so when you get to literally fly rings around everyone on the map its the best

Trewman
08-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Rrrright... today i played the shit out of the demo. i played as every class for extended periods of time and as a WFC vet i have to say FoC is....

just as good!

it keeps the fun elements and gameplay mechanics i loved from the first, the great frantic gunplay that makes me want to pick this up over CoD and BF. i have taken on board criticisms from you guys that i didnt even notice before... namely the countdown noise?! and well for me there are things that need tweaking, the things they have changed, implemented or removed completely havent disturbed the game or made me wish they hadnt. Ive read alot about shield damage needing to be increased and explosive damage increased, destroyer needs to be gimped. but i can say that if your not getting the kills you want with a class then either change class or practice! i played the destroyer for the bulk of the day and my scores were just fine, and tbh i hate playing as destroyer. i much prefer the faster classes. the only time my score dipped was when i played scientist and felt compelled to heal rather than kill, but when you level higher you get the sentry gun which will surely change that anyway...
i can deal with the lack of vehicle skills (rolls,boosts,180s) and certainly without getting splash damaged from a bunny hopping no skill player, for the sake of balancing. ive even began to deal with the stranger customisations, like autobot and decepticons sharing chasis but swapping colors. i realise it didnt matter when i was tearing up the map to find some kills. the only thing i would question is the omission of grenades... i didnt notice untill someone mentioned it before but it is quite strange. oh and not being able to pick up enemy weapons... didnt notice didnt care, too busy killing. killstreaks!!.. didnt need them didnt notice. there are plenty of items around the map that act like perks but now people who can get a 7 kill streak arent getting rewarded with even more powerful weapons! makes sense to me...

overall im very happy with the demo and hope they keep it the way it is... roll on the grimlock dlc :p

Deathr0t
08-08-2012, 05:16 PM
The first multiplayer was so epic I can't wait to pick it up day 1... HOWEVER maybe I'm just weird but the fact the demo says it carrys over the experience makes me want to SKIP it.... I want to experience everything including all the special mods locked in demo mode, plus almost a given day one update since they can test the gameplay results of the demo

I loath to hear this....

"We have captured A"
"We have lost C"
"We are capturing B"

Trewman
08-08-2012, 05:54 PM
actually i heard that the stats and xp were going to carry over, but now im hearing that High Moon had to tamper with there servers and while loadouts for the demo would be lost, xp would 'carry over'. So only from the demo to the demo not to the retail :D

kyboy
08-08-2012, 06:12 PM
cant wait til the 21st! I actually talked 4 of my friends into getting this also lol..

T3hpwner54
08-08-2012, 06:29 PM
I once got a 24 killstreak and did not die the whole game with the scout. Gotta love that little guy!

Trewman
08-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I once got a 24 killstreak and did not die the whole game with the scout. Gotta love that little guy!

im UK i have to wait for the 28th :(

oh and my highest kill streak is 22 with no deaths. i even posted a pic on my instagram

kyboy
08-09-2012, 07:01 PM
my highest killstreak so far is 11 w/o dying, until my buddy killed me. i was using the infiltrator.

Combaticon
08-09-2012, 10:36 PM
My best streak if I remember correctly was 31 in Conquest, before me and the guy I was attacking killed each other at the same time.

Leone Phelps
08-09-2012, 10:50 PM
16-0 on tdm with the titan. Energon harvester is fucking broken lol I dunno how anyone can use it and have trouble doing well. Also, people saying the destroyer sucks need to switch to truck mode and discover how strong those missiles are... Scientist dies in two shots consistently, and titans in 3-4 (If they don't hit you with the energon harvester lol)

T3hpwner54
08-10-2012, 01:02 AM
16-0 on tdm with the titan. Energon harvester is fucking broken lol I dunno how anyone can use it and have trouble doing well. Also, people saying the destroyer sucks need to switch to truck mode and discover how strong those missiles are... Scientist dies in two shots consistently, and titans in 3-4 (If they don't hit you with the energon harvester lol)
- The destroyer takes SKILL.
- Stop whining about Damage and Health.
- The titan has the most health so you can't complain about him.
- My normal Deaths are 1-3 and kills are 15-30
- I don't care how "good" you are with the other classes. The Destroyer is fine
- If you can't use it DON"T
- Now STFU and deal with it!
- The titan is the most overpowered guy in the game to me, so its not very impressive

T3hpwner54
08-10-2012, 01:03 AM
I don't think thats the best. That title goes to the "Pathblaster" For mah.

fax5jrj
08-10-2012, 04:31 AM
- The destroyer takes SKILL.
- Stop whining about Damage and Health.
- The titan has the most health so you can't complain about him.
- My normal Deaths are 1-3 and kills are 15-30
- I don't care how "good" you are with the other classes. The Destroyer is fine
- If you can't use it DON"T
- Now STFU and deal with it!

Chill. The destroyer obviously needs skill to play because that weapons are pathetic compared to every single other one. And by the way, if you're going to freak out at someone, at least quote the right person.

T3hpwner54
08-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Chill. The destroyer obviously needs skill to play because that weapons are pathetic compared to every single other one. And by the way, if you're going to freak out at someone, at least quote the right person.

I've got 10 killstreak with the Destroyer so stop whining just because it has explosive weapons. Dear god I did quote the right person numbskull. Plus, i was backing him up and mainly talking about the n00bs saying " hurr durr the destroyer is crap and bring back barrell roll with everyone hurr durr"

GreyTemplar
08-10-2012, 08:01 PM
I found nothing wrong with the destroyer personally. I wish riot cannon did a little bit more damage, however all of my highest kill streaks have been with the destroyer (infiltrator second highest)

T3hpwner54
08-11-2012, 01:09 AM
I found nothing wrong with the destroyer personally. I wish riot cannon did a little bit more damage, however all of my highest kill streaks have been with the destroyer (infiltrator second highest)

At least your complaining ( not in a bad way) about something i can agree on

DamagedWill
08-11-2012, 11:40 PM
What's the highest killstreak you guys have gone on?

I think it was a 9 or 10 killstreak with the Titan. That Energon gun of his is crazy. Does a huge amount of damage AND gives you health when you hit them.

SlySi1976
08-12-2012, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=Trewman;5217146]im UK i have to wait for the 28th :(

We get it on the 24th m8

Trewman
08-13-2012, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=Trewman;5217146]im UK i have to wait for the 28th :(

We get it on the 24th m8

you lying?! this would be very good news!!

i completely agree with T3HPWN3R, destroyer is a tough class to master but i think people forget that these are different classes not just same skills different skins. the destroyer is the bombadier or grenadier and if you know that and dont like it it may be time to move on...

Trewman
08-13-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm wondering how they plan to do the grimlock dlc, will he be an autobots exclusive. If so what do the cons get? Or will it just be the case that you make a dinobot and the colour changes depending what team your on?!?

Combaticon
08-13-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm wondering how they plan to do the grimlock dlc, will he be an autobots exclusive. If so what do the cons get? Or will it just be the case that you make a dinobot and the colour changes depending what team your on?!?

Decepticons get Insecticons: Bombshell, Kickback and Shrapnel (and I don't give a care about their alternate names, Slug is Slag and that's that and I'm a Brit).

And seeing that all parts are usable by both factions, I would hazard a guess the same will be the case of the Dinobots and Insecticons (since we can see Dinosaur and Bug heads in the Demo).

Trewman
08-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Decepticons get Insecticons: Bombshell, Kickback and Shrapnel (and I don't give a care about their alternate names, Slug is Slag and that's that and I'm a Brit).

And seeing that all parts are usable by both factions, I would hazard a guess the same will be the case of the Dinobots and Insecticons (since we can see Dinosaur and Bug heads in the Demo).

Yea I saw the bug and dino heads but I really want the dino forms to be another vehicle rather than just a robot skin. plus I hope that grimloks rage meter doesn't work like an objective style multiplayer, ala 1 team gets 30 kills then grimlok wreaks havoc for the other ten. that whole idea seemed plausible in my head :p