PDA

View Full Version : xbox dvd player dead

thrashassault02
07-31-2012, 12:42 AM
So yesterday I went to watch a dvd in the xbox 360 and an error popped up... Something about remove memory. I will try again and get what it said actually. I tried a few dvds and it happened with them all. I never watch dvd's on the xbox usually so I dont mind if it doesnt work. But sombody said I could lead to my games not working eventually. Anybody else run into this problem.

*sorry ahead of time if this has been posted a million times.

xxJUSTINxx
07-31-2012, 12:58 AM
I would need to know the error to tell you anything.

Whispin627
07-31-2012, 01:22 AM
Do you get any red lights?

Optomistic
07-31-2012, 09:31 AM
You got a fairly ambigious problem there.

U got the old Xbox or slim? Version? How long u had it for? Brand new or 2nd hand? Have dvd's ever worked as you stated you never watched them on your DVD? Type of DVD? Did you get red lights?And finally the specific error code.

Answering these questions should hopefully get u a speedy answer.

Dav13s
07-31-2012, 09:36 AM
You got a fairly ambigious problem there.

U got the old Xbox or slim? Version? How long u had it for? Brand new or 2nd hand? Have dvd's ever worked as you stated you never watched them on your DVD? Type of DVD? Did you get red lights?And finally the specific error code.

Answering these questions should hopefully get u a speedy answer.

I'm gonna go all House MD and before he answers all this, say it's probably the laser on it's way out. When that's ruled out, it's probably Lupus...

Junkdewd
07-31-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm gonna go all House MD and before he answers all this, say it's probably the laser on it's way out. When that's ruled out, it's probably Lupus...
It's never lupus.

Dav13s
07-31-2012, 01:25 PM
It's never lupus.

We can live in hope though...

Akuza
07-31-2012, 01:28 PM

I lol'd

Anyway!

It probably is the disc drive on its way out..

Does the drive attempt to start the disc?

As in black screen and then error, or just dashboard error saying no disc?

Because thats the difference between disc problem and drive problem.

Gackt
07-31-2012, 01:54 PM

LOL!! Good stuff. I've never wanted someone to have lupus so badly before in my life until I saw this show.

Dav13s
07-31-2012, 02:05 PM
LOL!! Good stuff. I've never wanted someone to have lupus so badly before in my life until I saw this show.

It did happen in one ep IIRC