PDA

View Full Version : Always getting game updates.

Mr360xX
07-31-2012, 04:04 AM
The 2 games I am currently playing now are RES5 and GOW3 and everytime I play one and then go on the other I always have to update and it gets really annoying. Basically anytime I play one of those I got to update. Any way to fix this?

Joel78
07-31-2012, 04:09 AM
Trying clearing your cache, see if that helps (after you do this you will get the updates again but hopefully just once). You have to go to system settings, storage, and then press Y (I think). Give that a shot.

Tyger7
07-31-2012, 04:30 AM
What Joel said. Basically the cache holds the updates for a certain amount of games and you have hit your limit. So each new games bumps off the previous update. Clearing the cache should be your ticket.

JennyOwnz
07-31-2012, 04:49 AM
Same thing happens to me all the time. I guess it's time to clear my cache too. That's probably the problem!

E10phoenix
08-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah it happened to me whenever i used to try playing fifa 12, very annoying. Deleting cache worked :woop:

niko da bos
08-02-2012, 08:36 PM
What Joel said. Basically the cache holds the updates for a certain amount of games and you have hit your limit. So each new games bumps off the previous update. Clearing the cache should be your ticket.

aaaaah tyger, i knew it did something like that but you cleared it up for me as well. thats why i love this site, you guys give so many helpful tips:)

i havent cleared mine in a while, is there an actual way to check how much space is left in there(system cache)? or is it like the same as checking your HD space on the system 'blade'? i remember seeing game updates in their respected section, but thats in system memory and also includes installed titles n such.

mrj3d
08-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Yeah this has happened to me a few times as well. As others have said, clearing the cache always works for me. :)

JT Fever
08-03-2012, 05:33 PM
i put a game in to my 360 today, installed it, then started it........and it did NOT need an update. Wow the game is Dirt 1. Now does this mean codemasters could not be bothered to update any glitches (i not played it fully yet) or could it be possible they released a game that worked.

how many other games do not require updates, bet there are not many

peace

n-joi

Tsaako
08-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Can't say its happened to me before but as others have mentioned, clear your cache and see if that helps.

Burnout x360a
08-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Clear the cache, that works.

Barad
08-03-2012, 05:48 PM
This has been happening to me during the last week on GRAW 2 as well, clearing the cache seems best.

niko da bos
08-03-2012, 05:51 PM
i put a game in to my 360 today, installed it, then started it........and it did NOT need an update. Wow the game is Dirt 1. Now does this mean codemasters could not be bothered to update any glitches (i not played it fully yet) or could it be possible they released a game that worked.

how many other games do not require updates, bet there are not many

peace

n-joi

ya whenever i buy an older game for the first time, i pretty much expect there will be an update. its a rare occasion when they make a game that plays "perfect" and needs nothing tweaked. if there wasnt an update my money is on the developers just being lazy lol.

of course that all depends on how long the game has been out. a couple months back i FINALLY got around to picking up bioshock, great fun BTW. now that came out in 07 i believe, so there was no doubt in my mind i would be prompted for an update. off the top of my head, i really cant remember any game over a year old that doesnt have an update.

Walecs360
08-03-2012, 06:31 PM
This happens to me to every single game every day, even to Conker, which they don't update anymore, because its company closed and has been replaced by other people.

Samigi
08-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Every. Single. Day I have gone on MW2 since the release date and an update every time.

CHIRUNO99
08-04-2012, 10:40 AM
I can only suggest clearing the cache, like everyone's said.
That or questioning why the hell does the Xbox360 have an update cache in the first place.

THE DEADLY DOG
08-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Game updates make the world go round and keep our games playable. ;)