PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor Airborne Rate!

xx945xx
09-07-2007, 03:32 AM
i think 8/10

chenry
09-07-2007, 05:12 PM
i'm gonna go with a 7/10. It's a good game, plays well, looks good, and it's pretty fun. I have to knock some points off because it's short.

BladeStrike
09-07-2007, 06:20 PM
ive only got it yesterday, but based on my experience so far i would go with 8/10. fairl fun and easy to pick up and play, and the graphics are pretty great to

F4T B0I
09-07-2007, 06:22 PM
It only came out today in the UK and therefore i have not yet revieved it but am awaiting for it to be send via post from play.com

Lek Wee Eh
09-07-2007, 06:32 PM
It is an amazing game, the single player is short, like 4 hours, but thats to be expected. I think their primary focus was addictive, long lasting online play. The stats, graphics, rank system all make up what the single player lacks. Its good healthy fun, and I love it!

Fullawka14
09-08-2007, 01:11 AM
The thing is, the guns are not even close to call of duty guns, the Kar 98 is tottally different and same witht he thompson, and i only played this game for 5 mins at my friends house.

MDKM 739
09-08-2007, 01:40 AM
I think it's awesome, I dont find anything wrong with it and graphics, gameplay, everything is perfect just like BioShock and many other games.

thecrazyguy
09-08-2007, 02:31 AM
I would rate it a 7.5 out of ten. The only reason I score it so low is because of it's length. It's one thing for a game to be short, maybe 8 or ten hours, but this game can practicaly be beaten in one sitting. Maybe four or so hours. By the time you really start getting in to the game, it's over.

Other than that, it's great. Graphics are terrific even tho they dont use Unreal 3 as well as they could. Gameplay is great too, even tho the hit detection is kinda iffy, it's still entertaining.

All in all this game is great fun for as long as it lasts.

T FUNK 1984
09-08-2007, 07:53 AM
I just got this yesterday and after finishing the first level and having a couple of games online im impressed. I know some didn't think COD3 was that good but personally I thought it was great and by comparison this is just as good if not better.

8/10 :)

angry
09-08-2007, 08:14 AM
I personally think the game is awsome i will give it 8/10 and would of gave it higher if the game was longer.

Matrixxsenior
09-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Bought the game yesterday. Initially very impressed. When guys get killed they fall and roll down hills or fall of walls and stuff, not hang in mid air twitching like in some of the earlier MOH. (There is also no Dogs driving half tracks) As covered in another thread I have found the bridge section a ridiculous difficulty spike. Also there is the same old 'shoot someone in the middle of the chest with a M1 five times before they die routine', which is a bit annoying, but i suppose it works both ways. So far , not had chance to play as a British Para, which would have been nice. Op Market Garden had very heavy british involvement, but not a mention on MoH. Don't want to moan to much though on what is an excellent game.

F4T B0I
09-08-2007, 10:32 AM
The thing is, the guns are not even close to call of duty guns, the Kar 98 is tottally different and same witht he thompson, and i only played this game for 5 mins at my friends house.

Exactly the guns are different making it an all round differnet game experience. if it was identical to call of duty it would be pointless you might as well not buy it.

Matrixxsenior
09-08-2007, 11:49 AM
I agree about the guns bit. They are different, but still very authentic and I like the upgrades, they are a lot of fun.

Yungstar 2006
09-08-2007, 06:49 PM
The thing is, the guns are not even close to call of duty guns, the Kar 98 is tottally different and same witht he thompson

why should they be the same?

as a comparison off line, i prefer this over CoD

h1gh3r_l1m1ts
09-08-2007, 09:42 PM
The game is fun but I had more fun playing other games like Gears of War. Still I'll play MOH a bit more.

Tom19
09-09-2007, 12:06 AM
9/10 For me.
It has great graphics, great sound and the characters move really well.

JJ UK
09-09-2007, 12:12 AM
I say 7/10
it has decent graphics (just dont look up ;) ) and a pretty smooth game play - the accuracy is a bit of a luck game but usually when you upgrade a gun it gets less recoil or a better zoom etc.

im only 2 levels in but overeall I think its got a pretty good feel to it.

Waylander73
09-09-2007, 10:02 AM
7/10 for me, on harder difficulty levels it is really frustrating. Mostly enemy snipers and Panzershreck guys that kill you in one shot. On casual and normal it is great fun and an 8, I like the upgrade system and being able to drop in wherever you like is top fun too. Some good achievements as well but I have not played multiplayer yet, don't think it can compete with RSV or COD4 though.

Matrixxsenior
09-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Played it online yesterday. You parachute in, (if your allies, ie american) and then you get shot by a german in cover. Or you can charge him and get shot, or you can get shot in the air! Think I will stick with COD3 for the time being.

james
09-09-2007, 11:57 AM
I think it is an excellent game i had no issues (apart from dying from heavy gunfire) so far levels are great and graphics are amazing after only having it it 24 hours I say it's 10/10 from me

austin rules
09-09-2007, 12:36 PM
i would have given it a 9 out of 10 but since the campaign is so short i give it a 7/10

Cyrex
09-09-2007, 04:59 PM
i said 9 the online is great and the single player is very in depth. The only problem is that the single player is too short as Angry said each level takes about a hour to an hour and 15min to complete but there are only 6 missions so that add's up to only 7 and a half hours of gameplay, too short

Drednaught X
09-09-2007, 05:24 PM
I gave it 8/10. They had some great new ideas like landing in your own chosen spot. Wepon system was a good idea. The only thing i didnt like was the feel of playing it. I keep on thinking about call of duty when i play it. But still an awsome game

vicko
09-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Played it online yesterday. You parachute in, (if your allies, ie american) and then you get shot by a german in cover. Or you can charge him and get shot, or you can get shot in the air! Think I will stick with COD3 for the time being.

Thats funny, thats how i play.

From what i have seen so far it is fun, online you need the 6th sense as there are so many places to hide(sorry cover) with the roofs and buildings, at least you dont have to glitch to get on the roofs like the cheats in cod3, thats what wrecked cod3 the glitchers on roofs, under the map, hell i seen two guys floating about 300 foot in mid air.
Sorry went of topic i will give this a 8/10.

Legends xExilex
09-10-2007, 11:11 AM
I give it an 8/10 a little short on the story but online is pretty good.

Matrixxsenior
09-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Take back what I said earlier. It's really good online, once you can get on that is. 9/10

fatces
09-12-2007, 03:18 PM
i gave it a 7, i found annoying that when i'm aiming my commarades get in front of me, besides that and other minor stuff, the game is pretty enjoyable

Steelhead
09-12-2007, 03:33 PM
7/10

The game is allot of fun in both SP & MP. I have no regrets about buying it.

KhanMan
09-15-2007, 05:56 PM
The aiming in this game is brutal. I have the ironsight directly on the person's head and it will take 3-4 shots with the garand to finall get the headshot. Besides that though the game is great.

da voodoo child
09-15-2007, 05:58 PM
i had to go with 8 because expert mode is to easy

skuff
09-21-2007, 08:37 AM
I gave it a 7, only because personaly i think the online is flawed on so many levels... Everytime i play online, i get 5 noobs on my team, and the other team always has stupid high ranks, with all the best gun upgrades.. ive only played about 7 games, its not bad, just incredibly flawed.. also there should be 2 seconds spawn invinsibility, as im tired of being spawned onto those damn grenades :mad:

MASTERCHEAT
09-22-2007, 01:37 AM
I ready like this game so I gave it a 9/10 because of the cool graphics, but short campaign.

LukeP91
09-22-2007, 01:24 PM
gonna go with 8/10... great game, fun and adventurous, yet abit too short! apart from that a wonderful buy and recommend it to anyone;)

Souls Collector
10-13-2007, 12:56 PM
I love this game. I gave it a 8. The idea of jumping out and landing in a open world is so cool. It also not very easy in so spots. I just wish my team would be a little better.

Tricka21
10-13-2007, 08:37 PM
I give it a 9 due to the fact of me enjoying the story so much & the lost 1 point is because the online to me was a huge let down.

xx945xx
01-20-2008, 04:16 PM
do you still play this game ? (not saying that sucks)

Cnozzle
01-20-2008, 11:13 PM
I gave it a 7. It was decent, but many of the guns seemed to inconsistent to me, and the fact that you couldnt hold your breath to steady your sniper is an awful oversight. Especially with an achievement like 10 headshots in a row. Still havent gotten that one and am almost through with the campaign for the third time. Upgrading guns was a blast though and every game should incorporate that. It makes using them just all that much more fun.

PerpetualHeaven
01-28-2008, 01:57 AM
I give it a 7. Poor hit detection, poor friendly (and sometimes enemy) AI, godly aiming for enemy AI, poor physics, checkpoint system is crap at best and it's really short. The graphics are quite good. I wouldn't say amazing, but they are good.

My biggest beef is the checkpoint system. Quite frankly, if you tell me I have a checkpoint I shouldn't have to fly all the way back down and kill everyone again. Whoever decided that this was a good idea is an idiot. Some other issues I had is the realism. I understand that they tried to make the guns aiming realistic, but the crosshair should reflect that. But the enemy AI should be shooting also. I'm sitting there trying to line up a sniper shot from god knows how far and suddenly I get killed because some guy with a submachine gun has zero recoil on his gun and has godly aim. I also hate how the panzershreck guys have machine gun rocket launchers and never miss. Nice realism. -.-I also hate how Tanks just drive in circle. Dubya Tee Eff?

They also wanted a lot of freedom. Why restrict me with invisible walls? Also, those safe zones are not always safe. Landed in one on the factory level in expert, and jesus christ I was bum rushed and killed instantly. I could probably name a million issues.

One thing I do love though is the freedom. It followed through perfectly and you get a great experience from it. It's not very linear but it does at some points in the game which is fine. I also LOVEEEEE the weapons upgrade system. It's be-a-uuuu-tiful! Awesome system there. The game is fun nonetheless. It's pretty damn thrilling.

I'm really enjoying the game but unfortunately there are too many nagging problems with it. I hate how the environment is not destructible at all. Shot a stained glass window and it didn't even shatter. I think the next one they will make will be fantastic. They still need to beat Allied Assault. That game was incredible.

i said 9 the online is great and the single player is very in depth. The only problem is that the single player is too short as Angry said each level takes about a hour to an hour and 15min to complete but there are only 6 missions so that add's up to only 7 and a half hours of gameplay, too short

Play it on expert and tell me you would still give it a 9. The problems become so obvious once you play on expert.

MopFlop
01-29-2008, 02:29 PM
i gave it 6
single player is great, but too easy on expert and no stacking so its too repetiative
good mix of achievments
only problem with this game is the multiplayer, its just appauling.

DeathMinion111
01-30-2008, 05:21 PM
I gave it an 8. I was a lot better than some of the previous installments.

killerharu45
02-18-2008, 06:48 AM
Its pretty fun. But its not very long and multiplayer is a little broken in my opinion

L1E
03-05-2008, 12:06 AM
I would have to say an 8/10 because the limited experience I had with it was fun. I don't really like the challenging WW2 shooters. I just like running in like Rambo and killing everyone! The graphics are really pretty good, and the controls are easy. I thought it was a pretty good game, but not the best I've ever played.