PDA

View Full Version : Free MS Points scam! >:(

graemzy maing
07-31-2012, 04:18 PM
Has anyone else been gettin these again lately? I have been gettin a few of them. A few from one friend on my list who is gettin deleted if he keeps it up!

For anyone who dosent know, if ya get a message on xbox sayin go to some site and you will get free ms points, dont do it its a scam!

Pain in the hole it is!

Shadow MC
07-31-2012, 04:24 PM
I haven't had any of these messages lately and guessed from the start it would be a scam. I wouldn't have thought many people would fall for such an obvious trick these days, although I guess some younger gamers might still get drawn in by it.

Still good to warn people about these things if you can stop at least one person getting scammed.

ChickinOnaChain
07-31-2012, 04:29 PM
I don't get much junk mail. If I do, I delete it. Not much is actually "free", so I buy my own.

Rep
07-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Haven't received any of those messages in almost a year.

Ayx
07-31-2012, 04:33 PM
These things have been going on since the end of time. I feel bad for the people who fall for this which tends to be quite often.

RuYi
07-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Someone giving away for free what is usually only available in exchange of money? Yeah, I'm not falling for that. Never happened to me, and it never will.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Banes
07-31-2012, 04:40 PM
There is no such thing as free MSP. I've never nor will I ever fall for that stupid crap. If I need them, I wait till I have the spare $ to go buy them. I've gotten a few messages over the years of being on XBL, and have never fell for it. It's common sense.

Jack Frost
07-31-2012, 04:44 PM
I've never once for a second believed any offer of free MS points... :D

Burnout x360a
07-31-2012, 04:45 PM
You'd have to be pretty silly to fall for these in my opinion.

Kunduz
07-31-2012, 05:49 PM
I got one yesterday...

Rarely see them nowadays though...

mattesty
07-31-2012, 08:19 PM
I haven't gotten one lately.

Dav13s
07-31-2012, 08:48 PM
There is no such thing as free MSP.

There is if you sign up to Xbox Live Rewards...

otaking live
07-31-2012, 08:56 PM
And yet there are loads and loads of messages all thru most of the game message boards that say "go here for free msp! Totally legit!!!!!"

I see them all the time and that's probably how half of these "hacked" accounts keep happening.

dirge
07-31-2012, 09:01 PM
Nothing for a year or so, thankfully!

SilentStrike011
07-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Not had any since I stopped playin Cod. Good Riddance to that game, it's full of all the worst types of gamers.

I don't feel bad for people who fall for these scams though, I mean, come on, they're the most obvious scams out there.

SIMPLYMIDGET
07-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Hey everybody, I have free candy in my van.. and legit!!

niko da bos
07-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Haven't received any of those messages in almost a year.

same

however, i get a lot of these-

"hey guys, my live just ran out can somebody please give me a 1month code?"

sometimes i want to reply like, "GET A JOB"

Hey everybody, I have free candy in my van.. and legit!!

*slowly walks over towards van*

Smoochy
07-31-2012, 09:39 PM
I used to get them a lot. I never knew anyone actually fell for them (at least, no one over the age of 10).

The only legitimate "free" Xbox thing I remember was if you signed up for the M&M mailing list, you got a free month of LIVE. The only reason I knew it was legit was because it was all over the M&M website.

mrj3d
07-31-2012, 11:08 PM
I haven't gotten any of those in a while.

DaizyMae
08-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Free candy from a van is more reliable than free MS points....

Floorkiller
08-01-2012, 02:21 AM
There is if you sign up to Xbox Live Rewards...

This, as well as Bing Rewards...I've gotten thousands of MSP points for free using that.

I've been on XBL for a year and a half, and haven't tecieved any messages like this, luckily.

FatalDeathSG45
08-01-2012, 02:39 AM
Don't ever fall for those "Free MS points" messages. They're obviously scams, and falling for one means you're not too bright.

Want free MS points? Ask for them for your birthday or for Christmas. Or better yet, just BUY THEM YOURSELF. If you can afford a $300 250GB XBOX Slim, I'm pretty sure you have money to spare for at least one 1600-point card.

PMS Green1Chaos
08-01-2012, 03:24 AM
I only do http://www.rewards.xbox.com and http://www.bing.com for Microsoft points...otherwise, it's not free...Those websites should be taken down.

graemzy maing
08-01-2012, 03:58 AM
Not had any since I stopped playin Cod. Good Riddance to that game, it's full of all the worst types of gamers.

I don't feel bad for people who fall for these scams though, I mean, come on, they're the most obvious scams out there.

Yea i blame COD too. lol. I hate the thing and its full of scammers and cheaters. Its like a playground, full of kids and gobshites! MW2 ruined COD for me. Let them at it tho, if they want to go play a shit game and ruin it even more for them selves let them stay there and not mess any other games!

Its by far the worst game i seen for spam, cheating and everything else!

Skilled
08-01-2012, 03:58 AM
These things have been going on since the end of time. I feel bad for the people who fall for this which tends to be quite often.

Time ended? :eek: Why was I not told! :mad:

Iregore
08-01-2012, 07:05 AM
however, i get a lot of these-

"hey guys, my live just ran out can somebody please give me a 1month code?"

sometimes i want to reply like, "GET A JOB"

GETAJ-OBORS-TOPGA-MINGO-NLINE

or if that doesn't work

EARNY-OUROW-NMONE-YTOPL-AYXBL

FFFreak1129
08-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Haven't got a message like this for a while now. But even then I figured it was a scam. I either do the Bing rewards or the XBL rewards to get my free points. Those are the only two legit ones that I know of.

Chaz Of Sparta
08-01-2012, 01:26 PM
I've never had any of those, but my brother got a chain SPAM message from his friend saying that if he sent it to 10 people he'd get 6,000 Points. Didn't believe it, of course, but it's amazing how many people fall for these.

graemzy maing
08-01-2012, 01:54 PM
I've never had any of those, but my brother got a chain SPAM message from his friend saying that if he sent it to 10 people he'd get 6,000 Points. Didn't believe it, of course, but it's amazing how many people fall for these.

Dya know what really pissed me off about this is i have got 2 of these off a fella on my list, thats what prompted me to start this thread.

Maybe he honestly thought he would get some points by sending it to people! I told him to "stop sending me them" in not so many a word. lol But the 2 sites he sent me where different. I still think he is in on it. lol

DecadentBeaver
08-01-2012, 03:24 PM

or if that doesn't work

I've not had this for a few months, but I aint dumb enough to fall for it. I also got spammed to death by one person about playfire.com. Dunno what that is and never bothered finding out. Needless to say, I deleted him and the problems stopped. Almost as bad as chain mail. Best check my email spam folder thinking about it. Must have some amazing special offers in there now.

vader99
08-01-2012, 03:56 PM
I have gotten at least 5 in the past month. Sadly 2 from the same person.

EliteShadowMan
08-01-2012, 04:02 PM
This hasn't happened to me in about a year. The spamming of those messages anyway, no way would i fall for a stupid scam like that.

Mister Spraggsy
08-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Must have been about a year ago I last got one of those messages. I'll stick to the Xbox Rewards program for free points.

FFFreak1129
08-02-2012, 02:45 AM

or if that doesn't work

LOL I see what you did there :D

Would be funny if they really did work.

graemzy maing
08-02-2012, 03:36 AM
LOL I see what you did there :D

Would be funny if they really did work.

and i thought someone just got there before me! lol

Thee Elf
08-03-2012, 01:10 AM
You'd have to be pretty silly to fall for these in my opinion.

Think of it this way though. A friend you've known for years (in person) sends you a message via xbox live and is currently offline when you receive it. It can be very misleading and a painful mistake for anyone that does fall for it. Like someone else mentioned, the only free MS points are the Rewards program.

Spade.
08-03-2012, 01:41 AM
I only get 10th prestige/ Challenge lobby messages. Never actually got a free MSP message.

And if you think only 10-12 year olds fall for this crap, check this video out. It's long but it's funny/pathetic.
Kid Drops Xbox to get 10th (Part 2) - YouTube

Basically a 14 year old gets convinced that if you cut a "+" in his Mw3 disc and drop his 360 from a few feet and it will give him 10th prestige.

Thee Elf
08-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Basically a 14 year old gets convinced that if you cut a "+" in his Mw3 disc and drop his 360 from a few feet and it will give him 10th prestige.

He deserves to have everything taken away and pick up some common sense...

bapae
08-03-2012, 11:05 PM
I havent gotten any of these yet and i hope i don't they are really annoying.

Kairi
08-04-2012, 09:28 AM
I haven't gotten one of those in a long time. I usually just ignore them and delete the message. People have to be really stupid to fall for those.

graemzy maing
08-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Yea you would have t be fairly thick to do all te shit that kid was doin there. or at least all the stuff they told him to do.

At the same time tho it was bad form for them to do it to him. I hate lil shit heads like that!

same type of dick heads that try run the scams!

Avenged Sevenfold
08-04-2012, 10:04 PM
i always get these from random recent players. gahh!!

Tsaako
08-05-2012, 02:51 AM
I never get these kinds of messages, I don't tend to play much multiplayer games lol.

metall2ica
08-05-2012, 07:55 AM
I got a message last week, never fallen for it, I don't think Microsoft have ever given anything away for free

Ham Woopan
08-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I only get 10th prestige/ Challenge lobby messages. Never actually got a free MSP message.

And if you think only 10-12 year olds fall for this crap, check this video out. It's long but it's funny/pathetic.
Kid Drops Xbox to get 10th (Part 2) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuiFH-1jJBs&feature=related)

I just did everything in the video and it didn't work for me. What the fuck?

Spade.
08-05-2012, 09:45 PM
He deserves to have everything taken away and pick up some common sense...

Agreed. Puts me to shame considering I'm only 1 year older. -_-

I just did everything in the video and it didn't work for me. What the fuck?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt4453Z42F1qbaxlqo1_400.gif (http://elschmo.tumblr.com/)

dinosaurnom
08-06-2012, 02:47 AM

or if that doesn't work

those may be some of the best things I've ever read :woop:

how does the bing reward thing work??

PMS Green1Chaos
08-06-2012, 03:07 AM
those may be some of the best things I've ever read :woop:

how does the bing reward thing work??

This is how bing works:

You login on msn with both your facebook account and msn account.Then on the upper right hand corner, click on the down arrow next to your name, and search places will be offered.You get points for searching and for entering the events, you get points also.

Skillet
08-06-2012, 03:14 AM
I like messing with the people who send these kinds of messages. Especially if they ask for email and pass.

Usually just reply with something like. "Yeah, that sounds awesome. My email is nicetrydouchebag@hotmail.com and my password is "nofuckingchance" without the quotes. How long will this take?"

Some of my best laughs are when they respond and say that it doesn't work and ask me to resend.

FFFreak1129
08-06-2012, 04:15 AM

Kid Drops Xbox to get 10th (Part 2) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuiFH-1jJBs&feature=related)

Wow people like those guys are whats wrong with the world.

Latony99
08-06-2012, 07:17 AM
One thing Xbox Live and PSN share in common: Chain Letters/Scammers.

STRIDERLGN
08-06-2012, 04:46 PM
i get free ms points from bing rewards get about 100 msp a week
without doing the referral thing
but if you wouldnt mind here is my link
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9778718&rrid=_cbcb8cac-7a23-7be3-946b-b4765d48e993

xbear352x
08-06-2012, 06:37 PM
I keep getting spammed for things like "FREE MS POINTS" or "FREE MW3 HACKS MOABS" etc, I always get the "M2ARP 800MS points I will get you free levels, points, hacks, mods" etc. So lame and a waste of time, I always report those goons.

graemzy maing
08-07-2012, 01:25 PM
I cant get the Bing rewards ere in Ireland,

thats a scam in itself if ya ask me! lol

I dont think i can do any of the rewards things, which is pants.

Prob will in time in fairness tho, i hope anyway!

TVthePunisher
08-07-2012, 01:28 PM
What gets me is when people are hellbent on defending something like rewards1 or whatever. Basically a site that gives you MSP codes for completing a shit ton of surveys (all of which require information of some sort, usually an address, email...phone number...). The only thing you get out of all this is spam sent to your phone and email relentlessly...no MSP, ever.

It's a hook with bait on it...the bait itself is the words "FREE MSP/12 MONTH GOLD"...as there is no actual code anywhere. Yet I still hear people defend that site...why would ANYONE trust something that forces you into survey after survey revealing personal information and then receive sooooo much spam in your email?

Burnout x360a
08-07-2012, 01:32 PM
One bonus to not playing COD anymore is I haven't received any scam/spam/let me get you to max prestige etc. messages in months.

graemzy maing
08-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Yea its grand when ya dont play COD.

COD is such a piece of shit im glad i dont play it anymore. Not only is it a bad game but its full of these types of people. Just a pack of gobshites.

The fella that sent me the message said he got hacked and it wasnt him sending out the messages. I gave him the benefit of a doubt. havent got any more from him!

I kinda hope this new Black ops kills the COD series. I hate the game now. At the same time its good for keepin all the type of people the play it away from all other games.

i got squeezed
08-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah I got one recently. Only free points I get is from Bing.

TVthePunisher
08-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Yeah I finally got a message on my second account about this. Previously a friend of mine told me his pal sent him a message about it.

pointgods.com. "All you have to do is sign in with your gamertag, enter your address/name/email/phone and everything else...then complete one of these 'silver offers' for verification purposes then any number from 400 to 10000 msp is yours". Well that's not what the message SAYS...but that's what the scam is...

Just for kicks, I used one of my silver accounts for it (leftover from using up the free-1 months provided by one of my xboxes) and after a day I changed my password on it, still no MSP of course. I entered all fake info...but I didn't do the silver offer. I'm "guessing" that voided the verification but...I doubt the account ever would have received it.

I didn't "fall" for it...I was testing a theory.