PDA

View Full Version : Leaving x360a

DaKing240
09-07-2007, 04:48 AM
[Edited, since the original post was misleading]

I will be leaving my role as PR for the site. I had a lot of fun, a lot of memories, a lot of new friends, and most of all, a deep appreciation for all of the members of the site. Sadly, the ideas that I have for this site differ from those of the Admins of the site, and I thus will no longer be doing a "job" for the site anymore.

I still have my messenger names, and can always be reached, and I hope that you all continue to enjoy gaming, enjoy helping others, and enjoying life.

If I can offer any advice, it would be... If you help others, it will surely come back to help you. Either with guides, or just general helpful posts. Just remember, think of others before yourself.

It was nice working for everyone, but I now must work on my own future and my own life.

- Devin "DaKing240' Kofsky

thagame
09-07-2007, 04:50 AM
cya around.

L3giOn
09-07-2007, 04:55 AM
King, we've been through some shit but you're a good friend. You will definitely be missed. :( I'm sorry to see you go man.

fatces
09-07-2007, 04:56 AM
why man? i didnt know you, but since i'm a member i've seen that you're one of the big members of the site, always helping, on the news, almost everywhere...

its sad that you leave, hope you change your mind, and if not, good luck wherever you go man

PerpetualHeaven
09-07-2007, 05:00 AM
That's pretty sudden. I'm sure the contents of what happened won't be exposed but it's a shame it happened. But that's what happens in business sometimes. Thanks for everything though King. By the way, everytime I saw a DaKing back pack, I always thought of you. And yes, there is a brand called DaKing. I can't find it though right now.

thecrazyguy
09-07-2007, 05:11 AM
sad to see ya go, thanks for everything you did for this site and everyone who uses it.

Good luck in everything you do man, take care.

aussie_warrior117
09-07-2007, 06:48 AM
And so a chapter closes in the history of this site.
You will be sorely missed.
Cya around. ;)

Cyrex
09-07-2007, 10:38 AM
while it won't be the same around here without ya, good luck with it

Haly
09-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Good luck with your future plans :)

Flea
09-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Sorry to hear your leaving king,
:(
see you on shadowrun sometime?
:)

ruff
09-07-2007, 10:58 AM
*scoffs*

You'll be back :\

codedigital
09-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Let's hope your departure lasts as long as CC's.

We all differ in opinions...don't let that be an excuse to drive you away.

oneshotbilly
09-07-2007, 11:12 AM
since you don't need them no more, can i have your awards King? :)

xIIZombieIIx
09-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Your a good cat DaKing... I'll be checking ebay now and then to see if youve got anything I can afford for sale haha. You'll be missed.

Mr Arrow
09-07-2007, 01:28 PM
I think this is a HUGE loss for this site, I think you will be missed more than everyone realizes.

Good luck with your new site, hope things work out for you.

btw: will you use your free time to practice the Band Hero drums!! :p

Vampire x360a
09-07-2007, 01:30 PM
is it just me or are there loads of people leaving ?? anywayz im sure you will be greatly missed among the whole x360a communtiy best of luck in the future

angry
09-07-2007, 02:00 PM
You will truley missed king m8 i will see ya on XBL still though and on shadowrun Goodluck in the future buddy.

Take Care
Regards
Angry x360a

teh x3nomorph
09-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Wow, this is a shock. I don't even know you that well, but you are probably one of the most helpful members of this site.

Good luck with your plans. Ill be sad that I wont get a private No Pants Dance. :(

patches4711
09-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Sorry to see you go. You have been very helpful and informative. Best of luck

Danny Dibo
09-07-2007, 03:48 PM
You will be missed around here. Anytime I ever read some new achievement list, or decent tip on a tricky part of a game, it always seemed to come from you.
Good luck with all your future endeavors.

Apocobring
09-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Best of luck to ya man.

Stinkyf1re
09-07-2007, 04:08 PM
King i've always respected the work that you've done for the site. You've been one of our best and most prominent members and have helped build great relations with other 360 communities around the world.

That being said i think your decision here is really lame. I dont want to go into it on the boards but if you feel like further hearing my opinions feel free to PM me or catch me on live.

The Killer 47
09-07-2007, 05:17 PM
I don't know what led up to your decision, but you've got to do what's best for you. See you around man.

Adam Miller
09-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Why are you leaving, you were the most helpful person on the site always got all the exclusives as well lol. I want to know hope you dont leave forever and can come to some agreement. :(

M7.Ninja
09-07-2007, 05:32 PM
I don't know you that well at all, but I know there's a time to move on in everything. All I hope for anyone is to move on into being a better person (with a few exceptions, which I hope they go to Hell the first chance available).

DaKing240
09-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Without getting into specifics, there are some things that I had in mind for this site that differ from the views of some of the power players of the site. I was left with some decisions to make with my future, and all of them were looking bad. I chose the route which I thought would best suit my future, and possibly the future of the site.

I will probably stick around on the forums a bit, I guess the title should say I am leaving my PR role of the site.

Justicezero
09-07-2007, 05:42 PM
you will be missed, i wish you all the best in your decisions *Salute*

Cold Rival
09-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Woah King. This is pretty sudden. I didn't have any idea! Sorry to hear about this. You'll be missed. Best of luck to you. :(

Ghost x360a
09-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Didnt really know you well but I know you contributed alot to the site.

Good luck with your future plans.

Skillet
09-07-2007, 07:40 PM
I thought this was a thread by some random 25 post member that didn't like the way a recent argument went...then I saw who made the thread.

One of the last people I expected. Seeya.

Krueger
09-07-2007, 08:51 PM
i didnt see that coming

Vista
09-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Agreed with everoyne... wow.

You contributed almost ALL of the achievement lists and a lot of tips... I hope you don't decide to go to **** or any other site...

Have a good life and i hope to see you back (like cc99999)

SRH KRONIC
09-07-2007, 09:52 PM
wow, I can't believe it your one of the biggest suppliers of our achievements, hope you at least stay on to let us in on the newest and greatest :-p

and good luck with your life.
msg me AIM MCWarrior76 if you want

PerpetualHeaven
09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Agreed with everoyne... wow.

You contributed almost ALL of the achievement lists and a lot of tips... I hope you don't decide to go to **** or any other site...

Have a good life and i hope to see you back (like cc99999)

It's a close toss up but I think Krazie has submitted more. I didn't go through and count though but Krazie is well.... crazy.

DoM cAbAn
09-07-2007, 10:45 PM
It's sad to see a really good member leave any community, especially this one. Good luck with whatever you decide to do in the future! :)

Maka
09-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Tough to see you go. Good luck in life. We gotta play sometime when H3 comes out though...

Catch ya around, I guess?

Comon ST
09-08-2007, 06:08 AM
Damn, The King has left the building. I never thought that it would happen twice on this world.
I barely knew ya, but best of luck to you.

Jdm
09-08-2007, 06:14 AM
I'm really shocked, King.:eek:

No one can tell you where to go and what to do, but I will surely miss you. You've been a great asset to the site and I can't even describe all your contributions here. I truly hope you will stick around the forums. Good luck to you, King and I'll be seeing you around.

P.S. When we first launched the 1000 Player Online meet for the NBA Live 07 achievement, I was in the same room as you. We were in there for hours!

TheLazyWolf
09-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Hmm i dont really know you personally, but i do know that you have done a lot to help people and the site.

So, naturally, i have no idea what went down. But unless Minty or Webb killed your dog or punched your mom, leaving the site seems like it might be a bit overkill. (If they did either of those things, i agree, that would be totally out of line. Thats why i keep my mom in cage, to protect her:eek:..Of course i leave her a waterdish, im not an animal..)

Whatever went down is probably not such a thing that you need to leave over it. I speak from experience here, as someone who used to follow the darker gaming path. I dont get certain priviledges because of it, and some people dont like me, but thats the trade off.

Im not implying that you have done anything like i did, like i said i have no idea; im just using that as an example to show you that differences in opinions can be overlooked, and that for the most part the users and admins here are quite good at it.

infradude
09-08-2007, 12:37 PM
One step closer to the downfall of x360a. R.I.P King.

Minty
09-08-2007, 12:45 PM

The downfall of x360a is not going to happen, and certainly not by losing one person.

Graham31004
09-08-2007, 02:46 PM
You've helped me in many ways King. I appreciate it. Good luck bro

PerpetualHeaven
09-08-2007, 03:01 PM

There's going to be no downfall. You're just overreacting. You make it sound like he's dead. He said he'll still be around on the forums he just left the PR position.

DaKing240
09-08-2007, 04:01 PM
I am still a gamer, I still love the 360, and I still love getting those achievements. I didn't leave the site, I left the role of PR.

k_dog
09-08-2007, 04:03 PM
I am still a gamer, I still love the 360, and I still love getting those achievements. I didn't leave the site, I left the role of PR.

Then you should most likely edit you OP. ;)

JJBDude
09-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Bit of a shocker, something I didn't see coming, bit out of the blue aswell. Understandable as to why you are leaving, things like this do happen in life and at least you've left your PR role in a respectable manner, you will be remembered for that.

I don't personally know you but I am aware of your contribution to x360a and am grateful for what you have done. Thankyou for making the site a better place. :)

deathbypig37x
09-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah...your title is quite misleading when it comes to that.

Anyway, I can really understand why you are making this decision, and I understand how you feel.
Look at it like this everyone, the biggest contributers of this site are the way they are for a reason; they dedicate more time to the site at the expense of their own time. Some people can only give so much you know?
And there are always many underlying reasons to decisions like these...

Well, anyway I hope you enjoy your life after this King, and don't think anyone repsects you any less because of this. Despit what some say, you probably laid a lot of the foundation of the site, and it would never have been the same without you, and it will be a loss no doubt. All in all, I hope that your PR spot will be taken, and you can still be a very active member. Here's to the future.:drunk

Fullawka14
09-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Well, you have definatly did lots and lots of things for this site, i guess all i can say is that your will be remebered for a long time around here.

k_dog
09-08-2007, 05:52 PM

No, YOU are the downfall of x360a, BLASPHEMER!!

Ban until 9999!!!!! :eek:

Vista
09-08-2007, 07:09 PM

wow one person... not a downfall

cc99999 came back yet I haven't seen him on the forums lately. I bet he just had a little dispute on how something was being run, trust me he wouldn't go over to that jungle of a360p... the forums are so unorganized.

|oneyedNewb|
09-08-2007, 07:47 PM
see you king, thanks for the information you have posted over the past year. :)

enjoy your life mate.

LongJon
09-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Sad to see this happen as I like others am grateful for all you've contributed in helping to make this site what it is.
But like someone said before me,these things happen for a reason and I wish you every success in the future man.

Software2
09-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Good luck with life, the universe, and everything. x360a is losing one of its greatest assets. You certainly helped me out when others here wanted blood. I'll be sorry to see you go.

infradude
09-08-2007, 11:15 PM
The downfall of x360a is not going to happen, and certainly not by losing one person.

There's going to be no downfall. You're just overreacting. You make it sound like he's dead. He said he'll still be around on the forums he just left the PR position.

No, YOU are the downfall of x360a, BLASPHEMER!!

Ban until 9999!!!!! :eek:

DaKing was a god on this website and he will be missed. And guys the downfall of x360a remark was a joke, just in case no one got it. Wait no because no one got it.

wow one person... not a downfall.

Okay Blackvista, thanks man.

JJ UK
09-08-2007, 11:41 PM
well, its such a shame you have decided to go - I can't say I know you very well but I do know that you have played a very important part in this site and you will be missed by many.

Brighton X
09-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Well you'll still be a great member of the site staff or not. You were a great member of many x360a groups.

BTW- Is there gonna be a new PR?

Webb
09-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Well you'll still be a great member of the site staff or not. You were a great member of many x360a groups. Is there gonna be a new PR?

Already sorted ;)

DaKing240
09-09-2007, 01:49 AM
I edited the original post. At the time, I posted that I was completely leaving the site, which I am not. I am simply leaving my PR role of the site.

Also, I highly doubt the site will have any downfall. The site has some very committed people working to make this site as best as it can be.

I want to elaborate on 1 point though, which was somewhat misleading. When you are part of a international site, it is very hard to successfully do a job to make everyone happy. At the end of the day, some people will be happy, some people will be unhappy, and at this point in time, I didn't have the patience to deal with everything that was going on. Between x360a, school, real life, work, fraternity, and simply the college life... I didn't have the means to make everyone happy - so sadly, I was somewhat forced to resign in order to make certain people and groups happy.

maximumpain21
09-09-2007, 01:53 AM
i may be a fairly new member but after looking at the forums for a while ive seen u contributed alot sad to c u go