PDA

View Full Version : Xbox originals question

shadowrowin
08-02-2012, 07:27 AM
So, Im trying to find the option to buy the original xbox games on live. I found someplace that you could not longer get them after april 2010, however I bought Pyshconaughts over xbox live not 4 months ago. So, whats going on? Im trying to find Stubbs the Zombie and Dreamfall.

Son of Kyuss
08-02-2012, 07:41 AM
The Xbox Originals are located within the Games on Demand section of Xbox Live, the article you found was probably talking about how they weren't going to add any new Xbox Originals to Live.

EmporerDragon
08-02-2012, 07:44 AM
A few have been delisted for various reasons, the rest are buried within the games marketplace, no longer having their own section.

shadowrowin
08-02-2012, 07:45 AM
I am currently looking in the On demand section, and cannot find any of the x-box originals. This is odd and frustrating.

Edit: I found some of them, still trying to find Stubbs and Dreamfall. Is there anywhere on this site that shows delisted originals?

Edit 2: with more research, it seems Dreamfall and Stubbs are not delisted as of last month. Why can't I find them on the marketplace...

Didi Mau
08-02-2012, 08:22 AM
I am currently looking in the On demand section, and cannot find any of the x-box originals. This is odd and frustrating.

Edit: I found some of them, still trying to find Stubbs and Dreamfall. Is there anywhere on this site that shows delisted originals?

Edit 2: with more research, it seems Dreamfall and Stubbs are not delisted as of last month. Why can't I find them on the marketplace...

I don't know about a delisted list, but when I can't find a game I use the search function on xbox.com instead. I've found the market's overview for Stubbs and Dreamfall on there, but they don't have the option to buy them so I assume they've been delisted- Psychonauts seems to be down as well, Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex was the only original title I remember that I've been able to find a price still attached.

Rums
08-02-2012, 12:46 PM
I haven't played an og in a long time, on my 360. Don't they have in game achievements to unlock with a 0gs, or did I dream that up?

edit: quick google search says no. dafuq man, I remember Morrowind having them. :confused:

ChickinOnaChain
08-02-2012, 01:06 PM
A few have been delisted for various reasons, the rest are buried within the games marketplace, no longer having their own section.
Buried is right. I was looking for "themes" last night and gave up. So I can imagine looking for games.

niko da bos
08-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Buried is right. I was looking for "themes" last night and gave up. So I can imagine looking for games.

lol! personally i feel its getting out of hand, i have to scroll thru so many tabs of ad spam. not to mention even if i were to find the themes, they still dont let you preview! all the useless shit they update to the dashboard (dashboard, NOT xbox "home"), they couldnt give us a preview look at something we are paying for? im still rockin a theme from mass effect 1, because i cant be bothered to purchase 10+ more looking for a decent one..

actually saw some originals a couple months ago, whenever minecraft came out. i was browsing and found a few, including the original fable:). i might have to pick that up, its been so long since i played the first.

shadowrowin
08-02-2012, 06:11 PM
It's so cofusing. I just looked and found several xbox original games, yet half of them are not in the search function, and half of them arnt listed with a price tag, yet other sites others i cant find still have a price tag. I wish Microsoft would offer legit information.

Also found some games not listen in the all games section listed in A - Z. What the hell man!

So, does anyone know if Dreamfall and Stubbs are still up?

According to the most recent list I found, all the ones I have been able to find are still up, alongside dreamfall and stubbs which I can't find, as of july 2012. This is frickin annoying

Shigurui
08-05-2012, 04:44 AM
So, does anyone know if Dreamfall and Stubbs are still up?
Not sure what region you're in but Dreamfall has been delisted and pulled off the UK servers completely, I bought it back in 2009 and tried to download it again from my DL history last week only to get an 'item no longer available' message, yet my brother who lives in Holland can still download it from his history even though it's delisted, I'm in the middle of trying to get it sorted via microsoft's pitiful excuse for support.

DragonessAthena
08-05-2012, 05:29 AM
They could be locked and not available in your country. Here in Canada we're not allowed to buy certain On Demand games even though we share the same Region code as the US.

xxJUSTINxx
08-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Doing some research and it seems to be delisted.

Stubbs:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Full-Game-Stubbs-the-Zombie-in-Rebel-Without-a/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415907d4

Blank page with zero info, I'd say its gone. Same with Dreamfall.

Sarcastro
08-05-2012, 12:38 PM
90% of original XBox games are reverse compatible. Just pick it up for a few bucks and enjoy! I have Morrowind, Conkers Live and Reloaded, Baldurs Gate 2, and Fusion Frenzy and they all work great.

Latony99
08-06-2012, 07:16 AM
I remember seeing GTA: San Andreas on the marketplace...

EmporerDragon
08-06-2012, 10:11 AM
90% of original XBox games are reverse compatible.

Actually, it's closer to 50%, or 15% for Japanese gamers.

CHIRUNO99
08-06-2012, 10:14 AM
It's actually easier to get an original Xbox and the games you want to play since the reverse compatibility is said to be kind of, bad, or so I presume in the current trend of Backwards Compatibility. That and the game discs second hand will be much cheaper than buying it on the XBL Marketplace.

That or just get the PC ports of said games, they're just as good.

xbear352x
08-06-2012, 08:09 PM
They could be locked and not available in your country. Here in Canada we're not allowed to buy certain On Demand games even though we share the same Region code as the US.

I never knew that, that is lame. I wish they'd bring back Xbox Originals (more titles & their own section). I would definitely purchase a few titles.

gary55k
11-28-2012, 11:29 AM
I never knew that, that is lame. I wish they'd bring back Xbox Originals (more titles & their own section). I would definitely purchase a few titles.

Yea some of the old xbox games are really good but u cant get them on the 360 market i really think they need 2 add more

Killerchronic
11-28-2012, 03:57 PM
I remember seeing GTA: San Andreas on the marketplace...

It still is....

US link for you even: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Grand-Theft-Auto-San-Andreas/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80254540841

Firemac
05-03-2013, 07:10 AM
I have come here in search for an answer to my own hunt for Dreamfall. This is quite frustrating honestly.