PDA

View Full Version : Recovering account and Data transfer.

Jaska95
08-02-2012, 11:12 PM
About week ago my Xbox360 60GB premium was broken by lightning strike. Three years old console whit no warranty i decided to get new Slim 250GB. I bought it yesterday and now i'm waiting for data transfer cable to arrive sometime early next week. I really would like to play Xbox this weekend so i came up whit this idea:
Recover gamertag now and move rest of data later whit cable. But i'm not sure how will xbox react when i will try to move my profile again to same console but this time by data transfer cable.

iBuzz7S
08-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Everything should be fine. My experience with this was when I was moving my profile between two consoles in the same household. I was able to pick up and continue where I left off (on both consoles) and never did I have any errors with loading a game or a saved file.

Just make sure you play online so any achievements you unlock, they don't get lost when you recover your profile via the data cable method.

Jaska95
08-02-2012, 11:34 PM
So after transfer all new data (Saves and Achievements) i got during weekend will be saved and i will not have two profiles of same gamertag?

iBuzz7S
08-03-2012, 12:09 AM
You could delete the gamer profile and then transfer everything from the old console/HDD to the new one. That way, there won't be any corrupted profiles.

But of course, you would always want to be careful. While it has worked for me, it hasn't always worked for others.

QuantumSign
08-03-2012, 01:07 AM
One can also, simply, take the memory card from the broken console and insert it into the new one. That's what I did when the last 360 was broken, and I decided to just save the new one should I ever have need for it. This is a feasible method if the hard drive on your last xbox 360 wasn't destroyed during the incident.