PDA

View Full Version : music in game trailers

xbox360freak222
08-03-2012, 02:37 AM
am i the only one thats sick to death of tailers having annoying dubstep track to it . even worse when its in the game. i feel they only doing it to get people to buy it . but imo its so bad because i cannot stand the genre.
what do you guys and girls think ?

HugTheBear
08-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Nope, you're not the only one. I'm also sick of hearing it on TV in every other commercial. It's such an annoying sound. It gives me a headache. Can't wait until it goes away.

Method
08-03-2012, 02:52 AM
Borderlands 2 - Doomsday Trailer - YouTube

Doesn't bother me at all so long as its in the spirit of the game. Songs like Doomsday wouldn't really work with the motif of a game like Skyrim.

Chezwig
08-03-2012, 02:54 AM
It's their way of appealing to the masses. I especially get annoyed though when a game trailer ends with a big explosion. Even if it's not in the game.

DragonsGoMOO
08-03-2012, 02:59 AM
I hate game trailers, no matter what. I want actual gameplay footage, not a short animated show that looks like a movie.

iBuzz7S
08-03-2012, 03:04 AM
When I hear it in a trailer, either I turn the volume down or stop watching.

I have noticed that it has been used a fair bit in the last few months and it's only going to continue for as long as children support someone like Skrillex and claim he is the originator of the genre (LOLLLLLLL!!!).

FFFreak1129
08-03-2012, 03:08 AM
I don't really watch game trailers, so I don't know how many of them have that music in them. Whenever I'm looking up a game I look up gameplay footage because thats what I'm interested in.

Son of Kyuss
08-03-2012, 03:08 AM
The inclusion of dubstep in practically every single movie/game trailer is extremely annoying. Same thing with the "BRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMM" from Inception getting incredibly popular in movie trailers.

It's just the marketers trying to appeal to people since dubstep is "popular" amongst the youths.

DJConnelly
08-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Depends what game its in tbh. I only listen to dub when I go running. I'm pretty sure I saw a small Assassins Creed trailer with dubstep over it at one point. So wrong.

THE DEADLY DOG
08-03-2012, 12:22 PM
am i the only one thats sick to death of tailers having annoying dubstep track to it . even worse when its in the game. i feel they only doing it to get people to buy it . but imo its so bad because i cannot stand the genre.
what do you guys and girls think ?

Dub is an acquired taste and not everyone enjoys it. On the topic of using it for game trailers it comes down to pure marketing and trying to draw the biggest crowd and attract the most people to their game.

ChickinOnaChain
08-03-2012, 01:19 PM
I don't really watch game trailers, so I don't know how many of them have that music in them. Whenever I'm looking up a game I look up gameplay footage because thats what I'm interested in.
Pretty much this for me too. I want to see the actual game.

SilentStrike011
08-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Annoys me too. We had to use the Music programme Reason in college and within 5 minutes the whole class had produced a full length dubstep track each. You really don't have to be talented to make that genre of "music" or as I like to call it, random sound effects triggered to a poorly timed beat.

mrj3d
08-03-2012, 02:34 PM
I hate game trailers, no matter what. I want actual gameplay footage, not a short animated show that looks like a movie.

Pretty much this. I don't tend to pay much attention to trailers unless they're full of gameplay.

Shadow MC
08-03-2012, 02:43 PM
It doesn't bother me much at all seeing as I don't watch a lot game trailers. Not to say I praise their choice of music or the lack of actual game footage because I do think they would be better with music from the rock/metal genre, at least with the kind of games I'm interested in anyway.

OceanH
08-04-2012, 09:54 AM
... better with music from the rock/metal genre, ...

Ugh, what? I fucking hate death metal rock whatever shit crap that is. It's just nonsense basic loud screaming, real fucking disgusting. At least dubstep has rhythm.

Anything epic, orchestral and instrumental are the best like "Two Steps From Hell" or "Immediate Music".

CHIRUNO99
08-04-2012, 10:50 AM
I try not to let it effect me when the music they tie into a game trailer is inapproprite, like Call of Duty Modern Warfare trailers where they use rap music for some bizarre reason to market their war based video game. I believe this happened in Battlefield as well. I try my hardest not to notice it but it's just too hard. I end up getting irritated by it.

I'm also sick of Dubstep. It's just, everywhere, or so it seems.

warrenpaul
08-04-2012, 11:03 AM

agreed, would much rather watch some gameplay

Shadow MC
08-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Ugh, what? I fucking hate death metal rock whatever shit crap that is. It's just nonsense basic loud screaming, real fucking disgusting. At least dubstep has rhythm.

Anything epic, orchestral and instrumental are the best like "Two Steps From Hell" or "Immediate Music".

Fair enough but I wasn't talking about death metal with guys screaming their heads off all the time. The kind of music I was thinking of is more like the Breaking Benjamin song that was used for Halo 2 or some of the songs that were used in zombies on Call of Duty.

I only said rock/metal as I wasn't sure what category those kind of songs would come under as some people's opinions differ on the subject.