PDA

View Full Version : Gamer zone none?

chao365
08-03-2012, 05:14 AM
One of my friends gamers zone says none. It usually says recreation, but whenever he changes it back it goes to none. He posted in the Xbox forums but got no response so I just want to help him and post here. Anyone know why this is happening or a way to fix it?

Spanish Assault
08-03-2012, 05:27 AM
One of my friends gamers zone says none. It usually says recreation, but whenever he changes it back it goes to none. He posted in the Xbox forums but got no response so I just want to help him and post here. Anyone know why this is happening or a way to fix it?
not sure why, but you can let him know it doesn't really matter. No one cares about rep or what gamer "zone" you are.

xxJUSTINxx
08-03-2012, 05:37 AM
not sure why, but you can let him know it doesn't really matter. No one cares about rep or what gamer "zone" you are.
This and it plays no difference on who you get matched up with.

But something he can try is to redownload his profile off XBLive.

Rapture639
08-03-2012, 08:51 AM
lol people still care about the gamerzone? It doesn't really mean anything and I do kind of wish they'd just get rid of it in the next xbox update. I mean, what does "Underground" really mean?

If anything they should just simplify it to "Casual" and "Hardcore" because that's simple and everyone understands what those two categories mean.

Burnout x360a
08-03-2012, 08:55 AM
If you are bothered by gamerzone, you are doing it wrong.

Though it seems every kid has to have it set to 'Pro', lol.

ChickinOnaChain
08-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Where can you even see a game zone? I know it used to be on the Xbox GC but removed it and left the less than usefull Rep Stars. I always said they should have added tenure. At least it means something.

sm182
08-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Where can you even see a game zone? I know it used to be on the Xbox GC but removed it and left the less than usefull Rep Stars. I always said they should have added tenure. At least it means something.

It's already shown in the gold strip.

CHIRUNO99
08-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Gamerzone isn't really important other than a one word description for a player's play-style. It has no real significant value. 9 times out of 10 tryhards set theirs to Recreational and act like Pros, or Undergrounds.

The only gamerzone which actually means anything is 'Cheater' which is unlocked by getting caught tampering with achievements/gamerscore. It comes with locking achievements for a short time to 0 and locks it at set gamerzone for a short while.
This and it plays no difference on who you get matched up with.
The only game where I think it made a difference was Marble Blast Ultra, you could join games with people in the same gamer zone. However that game's gone now.

SilentStrike011
08-03-2012, 02:06 PM

and it's not always correct. Mine should say 3 years, not 1 and I've always renewed my live within a day when it's run out.

mrj3d
08-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah... no one cares.

But if your friend really wants to know, he could try contacting

@XboxSupport

on Twitter. They're always really good at responding.

ChickinOnaChain
08-03-2012, 02:35 PM
That tenure only shows on your console, not like it would if they took out the Rep stars.

DJConnelly
08-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Your friend is missing out. That gamer zone completely changes how other players view you! I for one will never engage in activities with a pro gamer. Bloody pros. Thinking they're better than everyone else. If he doesn't have one, they'll just avoid him like the plague.

WalterWhite
08-03-2012, 06:56 PM
I'd like to know how he got it to say "none." I would rather mine said that than be affiliated with any of their choices. I don't wanna be a part of any club that would have me as a member, or something like that.

niko da bos
08-03-2012, 09:30 PM
lol people still care about the gamerzone? It doesn't really mean anything and I do kind of wish they'd just get rid of it in the next xbox update. I mean, what does "Underground" really mean?

If anything they should just simplify it to "Casual" and "Hardcore" because that's simple and everyone understands what those two categories mean.

honestly, i couldnt agree more rapture. the gamer zone doesnt even affect the search for matchmaking, its not like people who select "family" will only get matched against recreational gamers. your "casual" or "hardcore" idea would be much more fitting i think.

Whispin627
08-04-2012, 02:01 AM
I thought the only ways for it to say "none" were via modding or the Windows 7 phone glitch. You sure you're friend didn't mod or glitch it?

I wouldn't mind the "casual/hardcore" if anything at all....:)

Thee Elf
08-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Kind of strange. In regards to the zones, I think it could use some tweaking or more detail but I always think its interesting to see what people but themselves in.

Samigi
08-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Rep and GamerZones are a waste of time.

Burnout x360a
08-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Wait so you are telling me that no one will give a shit that I set my gamerzone to Pro to look badass?!

/sarcasm

Spanish Assault
08-04-2012, 01:03 PM
I wish there was a cooler zone then underground.....like black market.

double sarcasm

AlassinSane13
08-04-2012, 10:20 PM
I hadn't realised until I read this that you could actually change your gamerzone...oh well, lol.

Is there an option for n00b? I could probably do with that! :p

Arsenic 17
08-04-2012, 11:50 PM
I hadn't realised until I read this that you could actually change your gamerzone...oh well, lol.

Is there an option for n00b? I could probably do with that! :p

I am hoping that for the next xbox...or possible a upcoming dashboard update, they remove the garbage that is gamer rep and zone. Those are completely pointless and retarded.

They should replace them with something else, for our achievement hunters maybe games completed or completion percentage or games played. Something like that.

CHIRUNO99
08-05-2012, 08:11 AM
I'd prefer if they added something like Favourite Colour. It seems to be more significant than the rep system.

bros 1337
08-05-2012, 08:19 AM
I dont even remember what zone im at

CHIRUNO99
08-05-2012, 08:53 AM
All of a sudden I started laughing. I'll give you some time to see why.

Spanish Assault
08-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Is the only way to change your zone is on your xbox? For some crazy reason my is set at PRO when I know I've always had it at rec. i dont care what it is, I just do not want it at PRO.

TacticalTodger
08-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Gamerzone: = Stupid and Shit. It's like Rep nobody even pays attention to it,I mean how often are people going to look at somebody else's gamerzone notice they're a certain zone then back out of their game or maybe even bad rep them.

FFFreak1129
08-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Huh interesting never heard of it saying none before. Not that it matters its not like you get paired up with people from the same zone as you or anything.

DecadentBeaver
08-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Gamerzone - The most important aspect of XBL. This is something I'd forgotten about lol. Its pretty much a redundant feature same as your Rep.

As for the suggestions of having Casual/Hardcore option instead. Why not add Achievement Hunter as well? Many of us are. Or even an option for selecting your most played game? I know the Beacon has this set, but if you're in an online match, and a person is not on your friends list, you can see if they're playing a game that you like and can then add them.

CHIRUNO99
08-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Or they could just leave it as a blank canvas for players to summarise themselves with by entering their own text, like ofcourse 'Achievement Hunter' or 'Casual Gamer' or 'Grey Squirrel'.

At least it's actually be useful, kind of.

eiVaL
08-06-2012, 09:34 AM
it actually does make a difference, ppl with Family/Underground will hardly ever be paired up in a lobby

the issue is when ppl with 'Underground' personalities have it set to Family or Recreational thus screwing up the matchmaking because you're unable to avoid all the crap that goes with those types of ppl in the same lobby.

ive tested it myself with GTA IV free roam which had a horrible matchmaking system that wouldnt move you to a new lobby unless you backed out and changed your MP settings in the phone in SP, but changing from Family to Underground would by pass that and put u in a lobby with mostly Family/Underground

xbear352x
08-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Gamerzones were hot for about a week after the Xbox 360 launch, then people realized they did not stand for anything.