PDA

View Full Version : Achievements?

warrenpaul
08-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Has any list been released yet?

i remember Valve bringing achievements into CSS a few years ago for pc, so im guessing this will have achievements also?

Burnout x360a
08-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Nothing mentioned but the CS:GO beta has got a load so expect some.

Rep
08-07-2012, 03:38 AM
I came across these after a couple of searches.

The pictures are really large, so instead of posting, I'll just write them down here.

God of War - 35:gsicon:

Kill 10,000 Enemies

Medalist - 30:gsicon:

Earn 100 Medals

You've Made Your Points - 15:gsicon:

Inflict 50,000 total points of damage to enemy players

Spoils of War - 15:gsicon:

Earn 2,500,000 total cash

Rampage! - 10:gsicon:

Win a round of Arms Race without dying.

Battle Sight Zero - 15:gsicon:

Kill 250 Enemy players with headshots.

Clean Sweep - 30:gsicon:

Kill the entire opposing team without any members of your team taking any damage.

Repeat Offender - 5:gsicon:

Dominate an enemy player

Expert Marksman - 5:gsicon:

Get a kill with every weapon

Magic Weapon - 5:gsicon:

Kill an enemy with the last bullet in your magazine (Excluding Sniper Rifles)

First Thing Fast - 15:gsicon:

Defeat the entire terrorist squad before the bomb can be planted in Demolition mode.

King of Hill - 20:gsicon:

Play 500 rounds of Arms Race

Click here (http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/44181-counter-strike-global-offensive-achievements/) for the website with the images of the achievements.

Bum Commando
08-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Interesting list but only adds up to 200g. The full game should have 400g and im looking forward to it! Hopefully this game doesnt board the 1600 msp bandwagon.

H0p3sfalL
08-07-2012, 11:39 AM

The pictures are really large, so instead of posting, I'll just write them down here.

Kill 10,000 Enemies

Earn 100 Medals

Kill the entire opposing team without any members of your team taking any damage.

Dominate an enemy player

Defeat the entire terrorist squad before the bomb can be planted in Demolition mode.

Click here (http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/44181-counter-strike-global-offensive-achievements/) for the website with the images of the achievements.

WTF.......... thats a lot of grinding :(. Assuming the game will be any good. Still will be weird not using a keyboard.

Spock
08-07-2012, 12:25 PM
I'd love if the achievement list was something like that. I want more reason to play for a long period of time and a high kill count will definitely get me going. Even if I know I won't get that achievement, it will just feel more worth while if I have that goal.

Nevander
08-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Still will be weird not using a keyboard.

Not for lucky individuals such as myself, I have a XIM3. :D

Speaking of which, I should go make a config for either L4D2 or Portal 2 since those are Valve's latest games, which means it should work good with CS:GO when it hits.

Keirris
08-08-2012, 12:01 AM

Kill 10,000 Enemies

Earn 100 Medals

Dominate an enemy player

Eheheheheheheheh I know where those came from! LMAO!

H0p3sfalL
08-08-2012, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=Nevander;5215251]Not for lucky individuals such as myself, I have a XIM3. :DQUOTE]

Not all of us can be so lucky ;)

Rep
08-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Eheheheheheheheh I know where those came from! LMAO!

Not sure what point you're trying to make... I linked the website at the bottom of the post.

EDIT: I'm guessing you're referring to the website that I linked. If that's the case, I don't think posting it just for the achievements isn't really doing anything wrong. That was literally the only website that had the images for the achievements. :\

mauleriscool
08-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Those achievements do match some of the ones found on the PC beta version.

Nevander
08-10-2012, 09:18 AM
I sure hope they can all be done with bots in offline games. I'm sure they can though, just look at them. 10,000 kills? Gotta be offline do-able. Valve isn't known for grindy/really hard achievements, so they should be. Plus all (or most) of the PC ones for CSS and CS:GO can be done with bots. :p

Spock
08-10-2012, 10:03 AM
I sure hope they can all be done with bots in offline games. I'm sure they can though, just look at them. 10,000 kills? Gotta be offline do-able. Valve isn't known for grindy/really hard achievements, so they should be. Plus all (or most) of the PC ones for CSS and CS:GO can be done with bots. :p

In the video you posted in that other thread it says when he goes to the two lowest difficulties that awards progress won't be tracked, so I bet we will have this option, but only if the bots are set at easy or higher. I am completely fine with playing a ton of matches online or offline of this with some good music playing in the background, just grinding kills. This is how I played Counter-Strike on the original Xbox when I was a kid (minus the grinding for kills). Didn't have LIVE back then, but I didn't need it to have fun. :p

warrenpaul
08-10-2012, 02:28 PM
I'd love if the achievement list was something like that. I want more reason to play for a long period of time and a high kill count will definitely get me going. Even if I know I won't get that achievement, it will just feel more worth while if I have that goal.

Defo!

ill be killing this game off, really big CS fan, been playing since the first one, cant wait to try it out on console aswell, i always used to get annoyed by my pc , couldnt handle the graphics most times, never bothered upgrading it lol

mauleriscool
08-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Bots difficulty from the pc beta
http://i.imgur.com/IarTh.png

Nevander
08-10-2012, 10:58 PM
OMG That picture makes me so excited! That pretty much confirms the following:

Bots are in the Xbox version.
Achievements/Awards can be earned with Easy Bots.
We actually ARE getting it. (Since it's impossible to find any gameplay or info of the XBLA version.)

mauleriscool
08-10-2012, 11:07 PM
There is a few gameplay videos for the xbox version on youtube. These are about a year old tho. Counter Strike Global Offensive: 5 Minutes of Gameplay Footage [PAX 2011] - YouTube

Nevander
08-11-2012, 01:42 AM
Jeez whoever's playing is bad... so bad. Either that or the 360 controls suck, which makes me glad I have a XIM3.

I'm even getting a new gaming mouse just for this game practically. I'm going to wreck on this game, since most people who will be playing this on 360 won't know the advanced techniques and secrets that the pros do. ;)

GIitch
08-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Jeez whoever's playing is bad... so bad. Either that or the 360 controls suck, which makes me glad I have a XIM3.

I'm even getting a new gaming mouse just for this game practically. I'm going to wreck on this game, since most people who will be playing this on 360 won't know the advanced techniques and secrets that the pros do. ;)

I'll be wrecking on this game with a controller. I've been playing CS:S a lot with an Xbox 360 controller and have been doing really well. This will also be the only game that I get until Halo 4 comes out.

mauleriscool
08-11-2012, 05:00 PM

Controls are pretty good and it looks like you can assign what button you want on the PC version, might be able to do that on console. I don't think XIM will work very well on this game. The max turning speed in the menus for the joystick is "2" which is still very slow, the game has COD sticky aim assist, scoping has sensitivity of 1 which is mega slow for a joystick. The game also has a button for 180 turns which helps console users do 180 in a split second that they wouldn't otherwise be able to do with just look speed.

Controls

http://i.imgur.com/VAyF7.png

Sensitivity and remap-able buttons

http://i.imgur.com/QpV5z.jpg

warrenpaul
08-11-2012, 07:02 PM
I'll be wrecking on this game with a controller.

^ what he said :p

AC Cloud Strife
08-11-2012, 08:26 PM
OMG That picture makes me so excited! That pretty much confirms the following:

Bots are in the Xbox version.
Achievements/Awards can be earned with Easy Bots.
We actually ARE getting it. (Since it's impossible to find any gameplay or info of the XBLA version.)

Hopefully this.

dwayne_hicks
08-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Bots in the 360 edition ?

I'm considering buying it for the 360 now, after pre-ordering a Steam copy after the beta.

WalterWhite
08-12-2012, 07:36 AM
Bots and I'm sold. Not that I don't think this game will have a loyal following when it releases, but after a couple XBLA multiplayer-only shooters I've bought that became ghost towns within a few weeks, I'm a bit more cautious of an impulse buy. I've never played Counter-Stike so I'm pretty excited to see what all the fuss is about. I was wondering if we were ever going to see this actually release for the 360, and then I saw an advertisement on the dashboard for it last night with a countdown clock. And that will be the one and only good thing I ever say about the dashboard ads.

warrenpaul
08-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Bots and I'm sold. Not that I don't think this game will have a loyal following when it releases, but after a couple XBLA multiplayer-only shooters I've bought that became ghost towns within a few weeks, I'm a bit more cautious of an impulse buy. I've never played Counter-Stike so I'm pretty excited to see what all the fuss is about. I was wondering if we were ever going to see this actually release for the 360, and then I saw an advertisement on the dashboard for it last night with a countdown clock. And that will be the one and only good thing I ever say about the dashboard ads.

yeah thats true about about XBLA multiplayers,. seem to die pretty fast, but counter strike has a massive following, so hopefully this will be stay pretty full

i no ill be on it alot lol

Burnout x360a
08-12-2012, 01:04 PM
yeah thats true about about XBLA multiplayers,. seem to die pretty fast, but counter strike has a massive following, so hopefully this will be stay pretty full

i no ill be on it alot lol

It will probably die out just like console TF2 did unless things have changed and they are able to update the game regularly. Hopefully it stays active for you guys, it's a sweet game.

warrenpaul
08-12-2012, 04:07 PM
It will probably die out just like console TF2 did unless things have changed and they are able to update the game regularly. Hopefully it stays active for you guys, it's a sweet game.

Yeh hopefully, i really don't want to build another pc lol, i spent hours upon hours on Cs/CSS and left 4 dead on pc, had to make the change from pc to 360 tho

which is one of the reasons why im happy they are bringing it to 360, as long as i can connect to a 6v6 game everyday, its all good lol

mauleriscool
08-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Yeh hopefully, i really don't want to build another pc lol, i spent hours upon hours on Cs/CSS and left 4 dead on pc, had to make the change from pc to 360 tho

which is one of the reasons why im happy they are bringing it to 360, as long as i can connect to a 6v6 game everyday, its all good lol

Pretty sure it's only 5v5 on consoles

warrenpaul
08-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Pretty sure it's only 5v5 on consoles

thats pretty cool but, surely they could squeeze a nice 10v10 lol

GIitch
08-12-2012, 08:03 PM
My favorite thing about Source games is the customizable controls. The only hard thing to get right is the sensitivity, because there are both horizontal and vertical settings.

warrenpaul
08-12-2012, 08:15 PM
My favorite thing about Source games is the customizable controls. The only hard thing to get right is the sensitivity, because there are both horizontal and vertical settings.

the only down side about having it on the 360 for me would be skinning the guns, used to love that lol

Pyrochaos
08-13-2012, 01:25 AM

Hopefully it's popular. The Xbox CS was always in the top 10 XBL games ever until the day they took down the servers.

WalterWhite
08-13-2012, 01:57 AM

I love it too, it should be an option in every game that ever gets released by now. Controls look good they way they are and even though I'm used to "B" being the reload button in Valve console games, changing it to "X" will be the first thing I do when I fire this up. Blame it on Call of Duty probably, but "X" is where reload should always be in my opinion.

warrenpaul
08-13-2012, 09:42 AM
I love it too, it should be an option in every game that ever gets released by now. Controls look good they way they are and even though I'm used to "B" being the reload button in Valve console games, changing it to "X" will be the first thing I do when I fire this up. Blame it on Call of Duty probably, but "X" is where reload should always be in my opinion.

the ones in the pic are the same as the L4D ones ain't they? ill be happy with those, better than the cod set up anyway imo

Burnout x360a
08-13-2012, 09:54 AM

Source games on console always have the slowest default sensitivity settings, especially if you play them on PC too.

I mak3 big boom
08-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Can't wait for this game :D I need a good multiplayer game after the depressing failure that is ghost recon future soldier

McKnives
08-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Hi

I've been a MASSIVE CS.S fan since release and I'm praying this game gets popular. It's just flawless.

Everytime I see somebody run around with a knife I immediately think of FPS Doug from PurePwnage "Everybody runs faster with a knife" or him screaming "Boom Headshot YEAH!"

If you don't know who FPS Doug is shoot yourself in the face now..or check him out on youtube!

Anyway enough people play COD/Battlefield and are probably completely oblivious of the fact that this game set the bar on how FPS shooters should be made.

No A.i assisted Helicopters or drops, just pure gun fights

I haven't had so much fun playing online since RainbowSix3 and Black Arrow on the original Xbox Live

Anyway I'll be playing this game when it's released and will be buying it on pc too.

If you're interested in playing this game and forming some kind kick ass team add me

Gt - BulletsDodgeMe.

edit - Why doesn't this game have it's own tile under 'Achievements'
I have to go under upcoming games to get in the forums.
It's not getting promoted very well either which is a shame :(

Ostrowski
08-14-2012, 01:25 PM
I was so pumped for this game when I first heard of it a couple months, but I lost interest cause I couldnt find a release date. Then what do you know I find out it come out next week :) I hope the achievements are going to take awhile to get. Cause I can play counter strike for years. literally

warrenpaul
08-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Everytime I see somebody run around with a knife I immediately think of FPS Doug from PurePwnage "Everybody runs faster with a knife" or him screaming "Boom Headshot YEAH!"

hahah, yeah i remember when that video first came about man, it went huge! everyone wanted to play with fps doug lol

i really cannot wait till this is released, bring back some memories for me but with a better look!

this will 100% set the bar, cod/bf3 players will not know whats hit them if they play this!

a REAL fps!

warrenpaul
08-14-2012, 01:59 PM
his face is just brilliant !

FPS-Doug - YouTube

Gun-Nut
08-15-2012, 12:43 AM
Surprised we don't know the achievements yet! I mean it should be out in a week we normally know ahead of time.

Nevander
08-15-2012, 06:18 AM
Surprised we don't know the achievements yet! I mean it should be out in a week we normally know ahead of time.

One must give it time and be patient, after all we are on Valve Time. ;)

I can't wait to see them. I planning on writing a guide for this game as well as Doom 3 BFG Edition once it releases.

warrenpaul
08-15-2012, 09:54 AM
One must give it time and be patient, after all we are on Valve Time. ;)

I can't wait to see them. I planning on writing a guide for this game as well as Doom 3 BFG Edition once it releases.

sweet man, i was gonna do one for this, but will leave it with you :)

WalterWhite
08-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Hopefully this game will get the ongoing updates and support post-release that it will need/deserve, unlike Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2 and pretty much every game Valve releases on the 360, and in a timely manner. Can't help thinking that an XBLA release of a current edition of Team Fortess 2 and its years of updates would be a huge success as well. After the Cold Stream chaos I kind of swore off Valve on the 360 but I don't think I'll be able to pass up Counter Strike, especially never having played it.

Nevander
08-15-2012, 08:11 PM
sweet man, i was gonna do one for this, but will leave it with you :)

Feel free one write one as well! Many games have more than one guide, and after all it's up to the guide team anyway to decide which gets stickied. :p

tweekzors
08-16-2012, 08:19 AM
mIRC, ventrilo,, coL., team3d., NiP, cal-o,im,m,p,i, CEVO, ESEA, CPL....

If you have no idea what a majority of these are, I feel sorry for you :(

I mak3 big boom
08-16-2012, 08:51 AM
^anyone else not know what the hell he's talking about?

Spock
08-16-2012, 01:55 PM
It would be great if we could get a list of 50 for 1000G. I don't know if anyone has posted this, but here's all the PC achievements:

Counterstrike: Global Offensive (Beta) In Game Stats/Achievements!! - YouTube

warrenpaul
08-16-2012, 03:02 PM
It would be great if we could get a list of 50 for 1000G. I don't know if anyone has posted this, but here's all the PC achievements:

Counterstrike: Global Offensive (Beta) In Game Stats/Achievements!! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifVRiuZYPfc)

nice, seems like theres quite a few

lifetimegamer
08-17-2012, 10:28 AM

Counterstrike: Global Offensive (Beta) In Game Stats/Achievements!! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifVRiuZYPfc)

Damn I would love that achievement list. Still, at least the 360 ones are grindy enough to encourage replayability. I hate forking out 10 on an arcade game and unlocking all the achievements in a couple of days - deadlight and vf5 spring to mind.

x Son of WolF x
08-17-2012, 01:52 PM
love the list, getting pumped now.

i'd pay $100 for this game.

GLHF

Nevander
08-17-2012, 10:34 PM
We still don't know if that posted list is the 100% legit official list. Since it's only 12 for 200:gsicon:, that means that list must have been an older list before the 400:gsicon: cap was made mandatory. I think we will see the official list in a couple days.

warrenpaul
08-17-2012, 11:31 PM
love the list, getting pumped now.

i'd pay $100 for this game.

GLHF

totally agree lol, cannot wait!

im not bothered about how many achievement they releae as long as they release a fe with some DLC

Infernal
08-19-2012, 05:46 AM
You know what was embarrasing? I used to play the xbox version of Counter Strike even after the 360 came out. I am beyond excited for this game! I just hope they have the same commentator to re-assure me who won at the end of the round.

Rage66
08-19-2012, 06:02 AM
http://exophase.com/game/counter-strike-go-xbox-360/achievements/

Infernal
08-19-2012, 06:31 AM

We're fucked :woop::woop: it's gonna be a grind.. yay! turbo controller by yourself in solo mode with bots! :Bounce:

Gun-Nut
08-19-2012, 08:55 AM

Shame its only 12 achievements for 400 instead of 40 but it will have you playing for a fair amount of time which will be nice :)

Red Cooley
08-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Does anyone know how many players are supported on XBL/PC.

I am trying to decide between XBL or Steam :)

Thx

Burnout x360a
08-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Does anyone know how many players are supported on XBL/PC.

I am trying to decide between XBL or Steam :)

Thx

The Steam versions supports up to 15 v 15.

No idea about the console version.

Lima
08-19-2012, 02:34 PM
No idea about the console version.

5v5

That is enough I think. Counterstrike 15 v 15? Hell no.

Burnout x360a
08-19-2012, 02:46 PM
5v5

That is enough I think. Counterstrike 15 v 15? Hell no.

For regular matches maybe but having support for up to 30 players is especially useful for the mods as it's crazy fun.

Spock
08-19-2012, 02:58 PM
We're fucked :woop::woop: it's gonna be a grind.. yay! turbo controller by yourself in solo mode with bots! :Bounce:

It won't be a grind if you just play and enjoy the game... goddamn achievement hunters sometimes...

warrenpaul
08-19-2012, 03:36 PM
won't be a grind for me, will be playing this for some time

Nevander
08-19-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm not liking the one that says 'online.' WHY must it be online!? I was hoping to be able to do it all with bots. :(

SH4DOWL1NK
08-19-2012, 05:57 PM

Your gamertag says you play black ops. Bro, get your anus ready for Counter Strike.

Burnout x360a
08-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Your gamertag says you play black ops. Bro, get your anus ready for Counter Strike.

You sir are clearly stupid.

warrenpaul
08-19-2012, 09:19 PM

ha ha

ready :)

koopi
08-19-2012, 11:12 PM
I don't get why there's only 12 achievements? Aren't there like 100 on Steam? Couldn't they just be 5 Gamerscore per achievement or something? :3

WalterWhite
08-19-2012, 11:24 PM
I don't get why there's only 12 achievements? Aren't there like 100 on Steam? Couldn't they just be 5 Gamerscore per achievement or something? :3

They have restrictions to the amount of achievements, a retail game is 50 now before DLC and I'm not sure the number for arcade releases since they went up to 400 gamer score but I know it is nowhere near 50. I agree though it would be more fun to have many different achievements at lower value, much like The Orange Box did.

I mak3 big boom
08-19-2012, 11:41 PM
I believe the limit is now 30 achievements. Don't call me on that though.

DEG23
08-20-2012, 12:35 AM
Looks like an enjoyable list, i just hope the COD crowd won't ruin this game for us CS veterans:p

Andreas_loel
08-20-2012, 02:00 AM
I believe the limit is now 30 achievements. Don't call me on that though.

You are correct.

The main thing i like more with the new cap is the amount of acjievements, would had loved to see this with 30 instead of 12. I dont mind if they are hard or time consuming, just want more to go for

warrenpaul
08-20-2012, 06:35 AM
Looks like an enjoyable list, i just hope the COD crowd won't ruin this game for us CS veterans:p

i highly doubt it, if they cant zoom in on there weapon, they will hate it lol

I mak3 big boom
08-20-2012, 07:06 AM
WHAT?!? YOU CANT ADS?!?! BUT HIPFIRING IS FOR T3H NOOBS? ?!!?! Black ops 7!!!

Maka
08-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Some of these achievements are bullshit.

There's a difference between skill and luck, but some of those are a combination of an extremely skilled player being extremely lucky. Luckily we have bots, but that makes the game even more random.

Hopefully you can set the timer to 30 seconds and leave a turbo controller, for 5,000 matches. Or set the AI to the highest difficulty 1v1, on the smallest map.

Gageamatron
08-21-2012, 04:24 AM
Some of these achievements are bullshit.

There's a difference between skill and luck, but some of those are a combination of an extremely skilled player being extremely lucky. Luckily we have bots, but that makes the game even more random.

Hopefully you can set the timer to 30 seconds and leave a turbo controller, for 5,000 matches. Or set the AI to the highest difficulty 1v1, on the smallest map.
Please explain to me which achievements require luck? The only tough one that is going to take some serious skill is "Rampage!"

As for winning the round without your team taking damage all you need to do is have every one buy AWPs.

Looks like a pretty straight forward list to me. You want bullshit achievements come on over to the pc version. (http://steamcommunity.com/stats/CSGO/achievements)