PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Question

RuskyaMafia
08-05-2012, 05:52 PM
so im planning to maybe change my xbox for a new one. so are my achievements going transfer to my new xbox? or are they stored in the hard drive?

Ros
08-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Your achievements are linked to your Xbox Live Account. So as long as you are going to use the same Account/Gamertag you have been using they will stay with you!

WolfmanStarrk
08-06-2012, 04:05 PM
You also can save your xbox live profile to a Flash Drive and transfer it onto your new xbox or alternatively you can download your profile to said new system.

ChickinOnaChain
08-06-2012, 04:11 PM
To add to Wolfman's post, using a transfer cable is faster and less of a headache. Both work. I just prefer the cable since I'd screw up the other method.

StayonTarget
08-06-2012, 04:24 PM
To add to Wolfman's post, using a transfer cable is faster and less of a headache. Both work. I just prefer the cable since I'd screw up the other method.

I didn't realize a transfer cable existed until too late.

Nozza XBA
08-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Only thing you may lose if you have to recover your Gamertag, is any offline achievements you may of unlocked.

CHIRUNO99
08-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Offline achievements are stored locally on the HDD. You can end up losing them on downloading your gamertag.
Online achievements are stored on the Microsoft servers and remain there until you've been naughty modding your gamerscore or cheating some other way and get them all revoked.

If you've been using Xbox Live and all of your achievements have a time stamp then you'll be fine.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
08-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Offline achievements are stored locally on the HDD. You can end up losing them on downloading your gamertag.

only the ones that haven't been updated to LIVE yet

xbear352x
08-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Your achievements are linked to your Xbox Live Account. So as long as you are going to use the same Account/Gamertag you have been using they will stay with you!

What he said ^. A transfer cable is a nice piece of xbox equipment to have, especially if you ever plan on transferring from memory units & hard drives. ;)

ChickinOnaChain
08-06-2012, 06:58 PM
I didn't realize a transfer cable existed until too late.
There's actually two types...old and new. I didn't know that until I was ordering one from Amazon. The old one I have came with a disk, which I got everything from MS for free, so you can figure how long ago that was. The new one is just the cable for the Slims and was $15 or so. It'll transfer from an older console to a Slim.