PDA

View Full Version : Lost GS

nathan2010
08-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I recovered my gamertag and lost some GS the achievments still show the pics for the ones unlocked but the points have gone.

I got some back for texas holdem when i put the disk in but i tried the others and it didnt work.

I have all the game saves is there any way of loading my saves to unlock them because i no people use other peoples saves to cheat or would it look like i cheated because i dont want my GS reset

Skorpion XBA
08-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Were you signed into Live when you got those last achievements?

A similar thing happened to me when I got a new 360, but it later went back to what it was supposed to be.

nathan2010
08-06-2012, 06:48 PM
offline.
when i recover my gamertag now the achievements have gone compleatly.
When i recovered it ages ago they was still unlocked but the GS had gone

stefb42
08-06-2012, 06:55 PM
after winning them offline did you connect to live again to allow them to be uploaded to xbox live?

nathan2010
08-06-2012, 07:04 PM
im not sure if i connected to live but when i recovered it they was there but the gs had gone and now when i recover they have gone compleatly

stefb42
08-06-2012, 07:12 PM
offline achievements are stored locally on your HDD until you connect to live when they're uploaded to xbox.com or wherever,so unless you connected to live they wouldn't have been uploaded for you to recover if you get what i mean,
why were you recovering your profile (not implying anything BTW) and were you recovering it to the same or different consoles when you recovered it,maybe the recovery attempt where the achievement pictures were showing were because you were recovering to the same console the achievements were stored on.
but in short if you never connected to live to upload them,how can you expect to recover them

nathan2010
08-06-2012, 07:20 PM
i was recovering it when i got my eleite it was ages ago. I have started to try and get all my achievements so would like to sort it if i can i got all the saves from my games if that helps

stefb42
08-06-2012, 07:29 PM
reckon it has to be that they were never uploaded hence couldn't be recovered,don't know if adding your gamesaves from your old console would unlock them or not but TBH if it wasn't many achievements i would just earn them again.people can be funny about odd/identical timestamps on achievements, including microsoft

nathan2010
08-06-2012, 07:37 PM
looks like il have to unlock them again :mad:

Whispin627
08-06-2012, 10:11 PM
There was an issue w this some months back. OXM had articles on it.

"The people manning the @Xboxsupport Twitter account have recommended re-downloading your profile from the main Xbox menu (you don't have to delete the existing one, just requesting a new one will replace it) but users on the Xbox.com forums say the problem persists."

FFFreak1129
08-07-2012, 03:15 AM
offline.
when i recover my gamertag now the achievements have gone compleatly.
When i recovered it ages ago they was still unlocked but the GS had gone

I think what happened was you earned those achievements offline. Since you weren't connected to Xbox Live, the servers didn't "know" you got those achievements. So when you recovered your profile, it recovered it how you had it the last time it was connected to the servers. So yeah you will have to unlock them again.

graemzy maing
08-07-2012, 03:33 AM
Same thing happend me and to a mate of mine, i was in his house one day and recovered my GT to his Xbox. I wasnt sure if i had lost some gamer score.

but a few days later i got a message from LIVE telling me to delete my profile and re download it if i was havin problems with incorrect gamer score.

this fixed my mates problem but i just havent done it on mine yet, i really should. lol

Just make sure when your deleting it dont select to delete everything linked to the profile, that will delete your saves and all. just delete the profile then redownload, that should fix it!

I would try downloading without deleteing first tho if ya dont trust us on ere. Its legit tho man!