PDA

View Full Version : Who else pre-ordered limited edition console?

Diamondxinferno1116
08-10-2012, 11:57 AM
I just pre-ordered mine and it looks like its going to make a great addition to my room. Cant wait til i get to go and pick it up a week before my birthday :)

Veedrock
08-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Eh, going to have to be "that guy" and ask why you couldn't just say this in the existing thread about the console. Basically, did you really need to make a thread to tell us?

I have the Reach console, as good as this console looks I have no need for it. Stuff I already said in the other topic.

Eazynem Makaveli
08-10-2012, 01:17 PM
i will be pre ordering Halo 4 Limited Edition console and Limited Edition Steelbook and all, i can't wait.

kyboy
08-10-2012, 02:13 PM
if i come up with the money, ill definitely be getting the console. i already pre ordered the limited edition of the game!

ModernSith2010
08-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Considered it as GAME UK are doing an offer were you trade your 360s 250Gb and you only pay 99.99, but I thought about it and as much as I would love to get it I just can't justify it as I have only had my 360s 250Gb for just over a year and with all the rumors of the next box being about next year or the year after, when I could put that 100 towards the next box when it is released(permitting it has physical media).

Veedrock
08-11-2012, 05:29 AM
Considered it as GAME UK are doing an offer were you trade your 360s 250Gb and you only pay 99.99, but I thought about it and as much as I would love to get it I just can't justify it as I have only had my 360s 250Gb for just over a year and with all the rumors of the next box being about next year or the year after, when I could put that 100 towards the next box when it is released(permitting it has physical media).

Well keep in mind that it comes with Halo 4; if you already plan to get it then you're really only paying, what, roughly 60 quid for the console which comes with a new warranty, larger HDD, and extra controller.

Just something to consider.

Eazynem Makaveli
08-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Would it be possible if i can trade in MW3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 console for Halo 4 Limited Edition console at GameStop?

kyboy
08-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Would it be possible if i can trade in MW3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 console for Halo 4 Limited Edition console at GameStop?

with the way Gamestop is, you'd probably have to pay about $300 along with the trade..

ronnie42
08-15-2012, 11:28 PM
I just pre-ordered mine and it looks like its going to make a great addition to my room. Cant wait til i get to go and pick it up a week before my birthday :)

Soon as I get some more money I'll preorder it. Really want the limited edition game. Can't stand the console version. :drunk

Jet1337
08-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Why would you wanna spend $400 on a soon-to-be 8-year-old system with halo 4 paint on it?

anorexicwes
08-17-2012, 02:27 AM
Why would you wanna spend $400 on a soon-to-be 8-year-old system with halo 4 paint on it?

Why do people like you care so much about how other people spend their money? Not everybody is getting the new xbox when it comes out late next year or whenever, I will be waiting for the next Halo to get the new console.

Der Fuhrer
08-17-2012, 06:05 AM
Put $110 dollars on it at gamestop, hopefully will have it completely paid off by the time it comes out so I can just go in and pick it up on Election Day. Glad I waited to replace my main xbox, have been playing on my second xbox for months now but it will be sweet to finally have two boxes again and to have a sweet looking xbox on top of that.

Diamondxinferno1116
08-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Screw the new gen im going to wait on it for a while. The 360 still has a couple years left

Jet1337
08-20-2012, 03:16 AM
Why do people like you care so much about how other people spend their money? Not everybody is getting the new xbox when it comes out late next year or whenever, I will be waiting for the next Halo to get the new console.

Just trying to understand the stupidity here. Someone willing to pay $400 versus $150 for the same thing just seems stupid to me.

I'm probably not getting the next xbox until they have more exclusives and MMO's. Rather invest on a platform where the technology is always up-to-date instead of wasting money on a hundred special editions of the same system whose technology doesn't improve until several years later.

Current-gen, next-gen...just names used by console gamers who want to live in a world of restrictions.

RBmaster9345
08-20-2012, 10:30 AM

Im still on the fence. I saw the sweet bonuses on top of the amazing console art but it doesnt come with map DLC and we'll most likley see a new console any year now

HaloTitan
08-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Just trying to understand the stupidity here. Someone willing to pay $400 versus $150 for the same thing just seems stupid to me.

I'm probably not getting the next xbox until they have more exclusives and MMO's. Rather invest on a platform where the technology is always up-to-date instead of wasting money on a hundred special editions of the same system whose technology doesn't improve until several years later.

Current-gen, next-gen...just names used by console gamers who want to live in a world of restrictions.

I agree with Jet. I never understood why people go all crazy and pay way more for a console with game art when they can get a much cheaper one that does all of the same things. Sure the hard drive is bigger but a lot of times you can buy those separately. Like anyone fills them up in the first place. Is this the reason they did away with skins? You used to be able to buy a 20 dollar skin that you could badazzle your xbox with and a lot of times it looked cooler than these special edition xboxes.. We the consumer should be slapped for allowing the industry to pull this kind of stunt in the first place.

xXmyxxmastaXx
08-21-2012, 12:53 AM
do the LE and CE come with the same thing or no?

Evil Zop
08-24-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm buying one, also buying the CE of the game :Z so... ya

Demonhunter21
08-25-2012, 07:49 AM
I'm getting the new the console version as well for a few reasons

I agree with Jet. I never understood why people go all crazy and pay way more for a console with game art when they can get a much cheaper one that does all of the same things. Sure the hard drive is bigger but a lot of times you can buy those separately. Like anyone fills them up in the first place.
1 of the reasons being my current 250Gb xbox is maxed out on HDD space, so been planning to get a new one for a while
the other reason being, my friend wants an xbox as well so selling my current xbox for 110 to him and giving him the h4 copy that comes with the console as I've already paid for my ltd edt of h4 anyway.
so for 110 he gets an xbox that sells for 120+ pre-owned in stores and a brand new game which sells for 40

so I'm roughly spending 220 for the console and ltd edt of the game anyway which isn't too much IMO

but when it comes to anything gaming related that has the word limited on it, my minds screams buy it at me, I'm like a magpie with ltd edt stuff

garninja
08-26-2012, 03:40 AM
Halo 4 comes out on my birthday, im soo psyched to get my preorder

DxxxRules
08-26-2012, 07:04 AM
I'd rather get the minecraft one. The Halo one's badass and all, but I just like the minecraft one better

Veedrock
08-26-2012, 07:09 AM
Like anyone fills them up in the first place.

My 250GB HDD is nearly maxed, less than 9GB of space left.

Der Fuhrer
08-26-2012, 07:40 AM

Current-gen, next-gen...just names used by console gamers who want to live in a world of restrictions.You cannot get the same thing for $150, the cheapest xbox is the 4GB Slim which is $200, but then if you want a hard drive that will cost you another hundred. And if you want a copy of Halo 4 on launch that will be $60. And for another wireless controller that is $50. So overall the Halo 4 xbox is a decent enough deal, people are not paying $400 dollars for the xbox, they are paying $400 for a package that is worth over $400 and has Halo 4 designs on it. Doesn't sound stupid to me at all.

plum
08-26-2012, 08:07 PM

Simple, it's an antique and YOU GET THE FOTUS HELMET :woop:

Diamondxinferno1116
08-28-2012, 11:25 AM
You cannot get the same thing for $150, the cheapest xbox is the 4GB Slim which is $200, but then if you want a hard drive that will cost you another hundred. And if you want a copy of Halo 4 on launch that will be $60. And for another wireless controller that is $50. So overall the Halo 4 xbox is a decent enough deal, people are not paying $400 dollars for the xbox, they are paying $400 for a package that is worth over $400 and has Halo 4 designs on it. Doesn't sound stupid to me at all.

Took the words right out of my mouth :) still love how people complain about it like its not a great deal or something

Jet1337
08-29-2012, 12:55 PM
You cannot get the same thing for $150, the cheapest xbox is the 4GB Slim which is $200, but then if you want a hard drive that will cost you another hundred. And if you want a copy of Halo 4 on launch that will be $60. And for another wireless controller that is $50. So overall the Halo 4 xbox is a decent enough deal, people are not paying $400 dollars for the xbox, they are paying $400 for a package that is worth over $400 and has Halo 4 designs on it. Doesn't sound stupid to me at all.

Refurbished Xbox 360 w/ wireless controller: $130
Used 120GB HDD: $45
Halo 4: $60

That's $235 and a lot cheaper than $400. These are gamestop's prices and I bet you can get those items for a lot cheaper on craigslist. So yeah, $400 DOES sound stupid. And fuck the fotus armor. That shit will be DLC later on ( or you can buy it on ebay ) and I bet there are better looking armors you unlock.

One more thing, Halo fans are more likely to buy the limited edition, which has more shit than what the standard version comes with in this bundle.

anorexicwes
08-30-2012, 01:39 AM

That's $235 and a lot cheaper than $400. These are gamestop's prices and I bet you can get those items for a lot cheaper on craigslist. So yeah, $400 DOES sound stupid. And fuck the fotus armor. That shit will be DLC later on ( or you can buy it on ebay ) and I bet there are better looking armors you unlock.

One more thing, Halo fans are more likely to buy the limited edition, which has more shit than what the standard version comes with in this bundle.

How can you compare the prices of the two using used prices? The Halo bundle is brand new, so all of what you just said is irrelevant and STUPID. Just quit it already, we get it you don't want to buy the console and you have tried to make a silly argument to try to prove how stupid we are. You can't even make correct comparisons, who's is the stupid one?

Vectorman953
08-30-2012, 06:02 PM
How can you compare the prices of the two using used prices? The Halo bundle is brand new, so all of what you just said is irrelevant and STUPID. Just quit it already, we get it you don't want to buy the console and you have tried to make a silly argument to try to prove how stupid we are. You can't even make correct comparisons, who's is the stupid one?

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

OT: I ordered the console for my friend that needed a loan for an xbox 360, in exchange I get to keep "everything that comes in the box that isn't a console or controller." Trying not to humble-brag here.

Diamondxinferno1116
08-31-2012, 03:10 PM

If you look at it that way your still stupid. Add in the price of two brand new limited edition controllers and 320 gb hard drive, plus bonus content and the fact that it looks very nice. If you want to let off some steam go look at the black ops 2 care package!!! Lol it proves that little boys play COD

ChickinOnaChain
08-31-2012, 03:22 PM
My Gears console is only 5 months old, so no. I'd rather have a Skyrim version.

xXxfUsI0nXxX
09-01-2012, 06:46 PM
I might as well send 10% of my paychecks to Microsoft. I simply can't resist buying all of the different "limited" halo items they come out with for each release.

TweakX
09-03-2012, 02:27 AM
I'm getting the Halo 4 console one because I love halo and two because what you get for the $400. the $300 xbox 360 only has one controller and a 250gb hard drive so for an extra $100 on top of that I get a copy of Halo 4 which is $60 and an extra controller that is $50 and an extra 70gb of hard drive space. So If you wanted not to get the Halo 4 console but the same content you would have to spend $300 for the 250gb system, $60 for Halo 4, $50 for an extra controller, and $130 for a 320gb hard drive. So thats $540 for all that or even $440 if you go for the 4gb model and none of that includes any taxes or anything. or you can just spend $400 on the limited edition Halo 4 system but what ever to each their own.

theNomad
09-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Is there no option to just buy the console without the standard H4 game, because I've pre-ordered the limited edition seems pointless to have 2 copies of the game. Sure I could probably get trade-in but who you know full well they'll only give about half the games worth.

Der Fuhrer
09-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Is there no option to just buy the console without the standard H4 game, because I've pre-ordered the limited edition seems pointless to have 2 copies of the game. Sure I could probably get trade-in but who you know full well they'll only give about half the games worth.Just sell it on eBay, you will easily be able to get $50 for it the first few weeks after the game is released.

Ensign Hugh Man
09-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Same here, I ordered the Limited Edition, but when the console was announced I had to get it also.

DeekBoy
09-04-2012, 12:38 PM
I own all the other consoles but the Star Wars one so I had to pre order this one too :D.

Viper187
09-06-2012, 12:34 PM
If it had included all the LE content (MAPS!), maybe. As it stands, I'll probably only pick it up if it drops to $350 like the Gears one did. The Gears one looks nicer anyway. It's just too bad Epic kind of ruined the game. Moreover, those comparing prices should also take into account the crazy deals that happen at xmas time. Wasn't Amazon or someone giving away at least a $75 gift card with Xboxes last year? Makes a hell of a difference. Of course, I'd rather buy the Halo bundle than have Kinect rammed down my throat. I can't remember if NewEgg did anything good or not, but I'll be watching them more this year cause Amazon is charging me tax now.

I have a fat Elite (Jasper) and a Gears slim so far, but I definitely want to pick up at least one more console because I have over 240 Xbox games now and I'm not banking on the next Xbox playing the 360 games or having hardware that's anymore reliable even if it does. I'm also waiting to see if I fry the slim running it 24/7 like my Jasper when I start grinding Seriously 3.0 I've barely used it up to this point. To me, the Jasper runs cooler though, so I'm tempted to track down another one of those.

Jet1337
09-06-2012, 02:26 PM
If you look at it that way your still stupid. Add in the price of two brand new limited edition controllers and 320 gb hard drive, plus bonus content and the fact that it looks very nice. If you want to let off some steam go look at the black ops 2 care package!!! Lol it proves that little boys play COD

Ok let's put it this way. You're spending $400 plus tax on a fucking game. Why would you wanna spend that much on a game that won't even last you a year?

"Oh, but it comes with two new controllers, a 320gb hard drive, blahblahblah..." Yeah, but you're still spending $400 plus tax on a fucking game. xD

This generation is coming to an end very soon, so why not put that money towards the next xbox or even better, a pc? Because in the end, no matter what your excuse is, whether it be because you love halo or you want to support 343 Industries, you're telling microsoft that you support their decision to make unecessary remakes of the same system that you can get for cheaper.

Viper187
09-06-2012, 03:14 PM
This generation is coming to an end very soon, so why not put that money towards the next xbox or even better, a pc? Because in the end, no matter what your excuse is, whether it be because you love halo or you want to support 343 Industries, you're telling microsoft that you support their decision to make unecessary remakes of the same system that you can get for cheaper.

Computers become obsolete a lot faster than consoles and tend to have more issues running games. You practically have to crack the PC games you buy now to play them anyway cause of all the fucking DRM. The Xbox 360, while starting with shit hardware, has tons of games. If you have much of a collection, a backup console isn't a bad idea at all. That said, I think anyone who trades in a perfectly good console to get one of these frilly ones is an idiot, especially for how much 343gie shat on Halo Reach.

xXmyxxmastaXx
09-06-2012, 09:56 PM
interesting .

Vectorman953
09-06-2012, 10:45 PM

This. Very this. You are either in my head and taking notes, or I have a very general and agreeable opinion.

... especially for how much 343gie shat on Halo Reach.

Just to be clear, are you inferring that 343:
a) made Halo reach? (like some un-educated people believe)
b) map shitty downloadble content in the form of maps (i thought they were quite good
c) made the playlists all shitty and stuff (I wouldn't know, haven't played the game since they took over... for unrelated reasons)

Viper187
09-06-2012, 11:36 PM
This. Very this. You are either in my head and taking notes, or I have a very general and agreeable opinion.

Just to be clear, are you inferring that 343:
a) made Halo reach? (like some un-educated people believe)
b) map shitty downloadble content in the form of maps (i thought they were quite good
c) made the playlists all shitty and stuff (I wouldn't know, haven't played the game since they took over... for unrelated reasons)

- Bungie made it, 343i could've fixed it and didn't.

- They broke the credit cap to the point it froze commendations and left it for months, even banning those of us who demanded answers on the waypoint forums.

- They didn't deal with the rampant AFKers in firefight. I haven't heard of a single person getting reset since 343 took over. They probably don't even know how to. Moreover, they could've patched it so AFKers don't get paid for doing nothing. People would've still been hiding for perfections, but it would've been a start.

- Yes, the maps suck. The achievements suck even more because they only work on those specific maps and you can't search specifically for lobbies of people that actually have the maps. Only thing I liked was Anniversary Classic for the pistol. Anniversary FFA sucked though cause there were too many non-classic game types. I'd love to see the Anniversary gametypes (pistol!) on the regular maps, but that's not happening.

- They definitely made the playlists shitty with the august update, as well as breaking firefight with the change to NEP a few months before that. You see 5x the amount of Skirmishers in NEP. Not to mention the removal of FF Doubles making Grounded even more unrealistic.

- They didn't fix all the unattainable medals in the medal chest either. Not to mention the fact the Waypoint service record stuff is shit compared to what Bungie had setup. 343 doesn't show half of what Bungie did.

That's just off the top of my head. I could probably go on, but I'm trying to play firefight without breaking the disc cause of all these ass clowns hiding for their goddamn challenge.

DudeItsVolcom
09-11-2012, 05:32 PM
I wake up everyday and think about my reserve for this; is that bad? lol

plum
09-11-2012, 09:25 PM
I wake up everyday and think about my reserve for this; is that bad? lol

Same hear man.Can not wait to have this beauty sitting on my table, I dream every night with it lying next to me :):):)

Infernal
09-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Ok let's put it this way. You're spending $400 plus tax on a fucking game. Why would you wanna spend that much on a game that won't even last you a year?

"Oh, but it comes with two new controllers, a 320gb hard drive, blahblahblah..." Yeah, but you're still spending $400 plus tax on a fucking game. xD

None of your arguments make any logical sense, so I would have to vote you as the stupidest human being on the face of this planet. How hard is it to comprehend that people are buying a NEW console, TWO LE controllers, HALO 4, and any extras included in this bundle. I am not buying the console, but I bought the gears console because im a huge gears fan so what other way to show your passion for a game by repping the console? does it disturb you that much that you need to hate on everyone? you have a sad life my friend.

DudeItsVolcom
09-12-2012, 05:01 PM
I thought it came with the map dlc????

DudeItsVolcom
09-12-2012, 05:06 PM
None of your arguments make any logical sense, so I would have to vote you as the stupidest human being on the face of this planet. How hard is it to comprehend that people are buying a NEW console, TWO LE controllers, HALO 4, and any extras included in this bundle. I am not buying the console, but I bought the gears console because im a huge gears fan so what other way to show your passion for a game by repping the console? does it disturb you that much that you need to hate on everyone? you have a sad life my friend.

AMEN
Couldn't have said it better myself. No one knows for sure when another system is due to drop. And no one HAS to buy the system. We buy it because we want it! and like this wise man said, to rep what we love.

xxdiamondxxinfernoxx
09-25-2012, 01:16 PM

why would i get a pc? im not an overweight virgin sitting on the computer all day plus xbox is better so FUUUUUUUU

Viper187
09-25-2012, 04:19 PM
So is it sold out anywhere yet? I'm half tempted to go to Walmart at midnight for one or check if Gamestop still has them for reserve. but I dunno. The Gears one came down in price later, and being November I'd hope for some gift card deals at Amazon on consoles. I just hate the other bundle options that they're pushing this year.