PDA

View Full Version : So disappointed

T FUNK 1984
09-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Well despite reading several different threads on this very forum saying how bad this game was I was at my local Gamestation trading some old games in to buy Bioshock when I saw Bomberman second hand for £10. How can I loose I thought, even if its only half good its only £10 and I used to love Super Bomberman on the SNES......

My advice to anyone save your money and buy Bomberman the xbox live version. I can't believe how bad this game is and IMO the fact that it has no real story mode in this day and age really takes the piss.

Bought on Tuesday:mad:, traded in again on Friday:).

narcolepticshee
09-09-2007, 10:31 PM
is it really that bad? I've been thinking about getting it 'cause i love bomberman and have got the live arcade version.

(obviously it's cheap aswell)

Is this lke bomberman at all?

T FUNK 1984
09-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Its pretty bad IMO. The game itself when your running around in the arena isn't that bad but there’s nothing more to it. I cant remember the names of the game modes but basically there’s 1 off games, career and online. The only difference between the 1 off and career is that it automatically loads the next game after you finish there is basically no story or anything to it. Cant comment on the online play as every time I tried there was not 1 person playing.

Save your money mate its really poor. Shame though it could have been so much better.

Smokez
09-11-2007, 05:16 PM
I personally love the game. It's my favorite 360 game, I enjoy it alot more then the Arcade version. There is Story Mode and Online. You can play Story mode with either 1st person mode (which I think is the best mode in the game) and Standard (which is normal bomberman where you can see the whole screen). Story mode isn't hard at all, people just make it out to be because you can't save. But trust me there is no need to save, Every 20 levels the soft blocks are filled with hearts so it's pretty much extra lives. You get to keep everything you pick up so by level 10 you should have everything you need. I keep telling people if you love Bomberman then you should love or atleast like this game. It's normal bomberman but with a different look and FPB.

FragEmAndSmile
09-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Smokez you've racked up the GS points in this one. Care to give some pointers? I've always been a bomberman fan, but for some reason, this version knocks me around like a rag doll.

killlah631
10-08-2007, 04:04 AM
I was a big bomberman fan back in the day, and I haven't gotten around to playing this due to how many people saying it's completely horrific. Maybe I should give it a try, what's the concept of the online?

xRogue 5x
10-08-2007, 06:25 AM
Stick with the bomberman arcade game. Avoid this steaming pile at all costs. Every aspect of this one equals crap fest.

xGodDogx
10-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Welll personally i thought it wasent that bad of a game.. ive loved bomberman my hole life and i think its still a great game.. Its just very hard.

Smokez
10-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Welll personally i thought it wasent that bad of a game.. ive loved bomberman my hole life and i think its still a great game.. Its just very hard.

:drunk

Nice Post. Once you play online alot more you will get used to game and the 99levels will be a piece of cake. I love the game tho

loaded007
11-06-2007, 01:47 AM
i am with you on this, i thought they could have made it ALOT more better. This game is horrible IMO worst game ever

Inexxa
01-05-2008, 01:41 AM
Just looking at the images and videos on youtube makes my eyes bleed :/

Dragonfire 360
03-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Just bought this game used. $9.50. :p

Don't like it a lot.

The computer seems to start out hard, and the difficulty increases by starting the CPU with more power-ups.

There is pretty much no story.

With the amount of story that there is, it's pretty morbid. Depressing.

The game plays like a traditional bomberman game. The controls seem slippery to me. But that might just be me.

Floodclaw
01-11-2009, 04:58 AM
My advice is to play on Normal mode, and rack up as many Hearts as possible. Around level 10, you'll have enough to last you the game, and you'll only get more from then on. Also make sure to pick on Infinite Bomb, Penetrating Bomb, Line Bomb and Bomb-Thru (and Block-Thru if possible). They will make the game extremely easy, and it will be only tedious to clear the game from then on. Just take it safe and don't run into any explosions ;D