PDA

View Full Version : First opinions?

uhwR
08-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Just saw this game on Dashboard and was looking to possibly buy it. First though, wanted to see what everyone who already has it thinks of the game. And do you believe there will be enough people on the game to actually complete it achievement wise?

Thanks for any and all help you give! :)

Lightnning
08-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I enjoy it quite a bit, beeen playing for 10 hours Game time ^^ contols are easy to understand ad fairly simple. only thing yu might have a problem with is getting use to moving from cover to cover Va jetpacking. The community seams to be strong at th moment, around 7 thousend recorded on leaderboards so far, so i'd say its possible to get the seasion achievements this and maybe next month fairly quickly.

However, my opinion is myown if yu wish to form yu'r own the demo is free and offers a hour of fll game play ^^

MASE314
08-11-2012, 02:06 AM
Played the demo yesterday. Nice controls and fast paced games. It was much better then I expected.

uhwR
08-11-2012, 02:33 AM
I'm probably gonna pick this game up a little later on. Working on a bunch of games at the moment and dont think I should add another one to the list haha. Thank you though guys!

Rhapsody909
08-11-2012, 05:14 PM
It's funny, because as Summer of Arcade was coming up and I was browsing previews, I singled out Hybrid as "definitely not interested!"

Now it's the only SoA game I've bought so far. The key was being able to play online for an hour in the demo. I'm hooked. It also helps that this is essentially the first game I've used for online multiplayer (new highspeed internet), so I'm not stuck comparing it to games like Halo or CoD.

I just hope the community stays active for a while. That's another reason I decided to shell out the money now. I usually only buy games when they go on sale...

CHIRUNO99
08-11-2012, 07:51 PM
First impression for me was,
"WHY CAN'T I WALK FORWARD? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?"
I really couldn't get into it. It was nifty and different, I just don't agree with taking away control form the player just to make something different. I'm saving my points for Dust.

Spock
08-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Well, got the trial and have spent about 30 minutes looking for matches, only having played one match. It was actually pretty fun, but no one is playing it. In the match I played I got 19 kills an 8 deaths, which seemed pretty good especially compared to the other players. Fun... wish there was a way they could build up the community, like I dunno, maybe not making it 1200 points? 1200 points being the norm now sucks. It's ruining good/decent games like this.

ChaosTheoryUK
08-14-2012, 01:42 PM
I enjoy this game quite a bit. There are a couple of infuriating weapons like the swarm and gambler but all in all not bad. I'd seriously recommend you try the trial first however. It gives you an hours play time of the full game.

The other downside is people have already figured out how to lag abuse the crap out of this game but those idiots are rare.

1200MSP i think is a bit much, 800 would be better suited.

Spock
08-14-2012, 06:59 PM
1200MSP i think is a bit much, 800 would be better suited.

Well, you can buy 2 other summer of arcade games to get 400 off Hybrid, in a way making it 800 points. I've got Deadlight so after I buy Dust I might think about getting this. Still don't know if I'll be able to find matches often enough though.

Flesh-Dryer
08-15-2012, 12:14 AM
You won't have an issue getting into a match, right now at least. I feel like I barely wait for one to start up regardless if I'm playing alone, in a partial squad, or a full squad. Games are fast and easy to join for me right now. Just a heads up

pnutosan
08-16-2012, 11:20 AM
It's weird. Was really looking forward to this from the very little I saw of it before release. Then played the trial and hated it. Just don't like being superglued to cover. Pity.

Oh well. *shrug*