PDA

View Full Version : ~ PSU takes 24 hours to complete ~ (my review)

iruhlman
09-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Not 16 as some said or please tell me how you defeat the game 8 hours sooner than me?

I did follow the story, its a good game IMO.

I've played worse, it is a button masher but gets challenging and very fun at the end. Boss battles are fun. PS2 graphics but overall a fun 1000 GS.

Once you get the knuckles and HP Restore armor your golden.

I only did 1 Free Mission

Finished at Level 52

8/10

I'm a PSO fan so...

probably to the average gamer its a 7/10

angry
09-08-2007, 02:11 PM
I would also like to know how i am on LVL 10 and it has taken me a long time to get to there so how ppl say it takes 8 hours bewilders me.

iruhlman
09-08-2007, 07:51 PM
8 hours is impossible and they were lying obviously.

The Pants Party
09-08-2007, 08:50 PM
I finished in 16, so... it's not that hard of a game. If you spend time messing with accessories, classes or anything else it might be longer, but I used the same weapon and photon the entire game.

iruhlman
09-08-2007, 08:53 PM
I finished in 16, so... it's not that hard of a game. If you spend time messing with accessories, classes or anything else it might be longer, but I used the same weapon and photon the entire game.

did you use a guide? That doesn't seem fun to me but to each his/her own

The Pants Party
09-09-2007, 01:05 AM
I did not use a guide, no. It's not exactly a hard game. Although RPGs are my favorite genre and I've played a ton of them, so they come naturally for me.

iruhlman
09-09-2007, 01:50 PM
did you follow the story? roughly 4 hours of cut scenes someone said.
so that = 1 hour gameplay per chapter?
doesn't add up for me.
*shrugs*

The Pants Party
09-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Yes, I watched every cutscene and read every conversation. Check my LiveEye (http://www.theliveeye.com/profile.asp?tag=The%20Pants%20Party) if you don't believe me. 16h, 25m.

iruhlman
09-09-2007, 06:04 PM
seems your right, but doesn't seem right to me.

Either way I have 2 other friends blowing thru it and we're pretty much all at the same time.

Average game time for this still stands at 24 hours.

squirreltakos
09-12-2007, 02:15 AM
it's a fun game, but after you get the 1000gp, you're going to wind up selling it. So you should just rent it, unless you are planning on paying monthly.. which it's really not worth

Kaens
09-12-2007, 02:28 AM
I could see doing it in 16 hours. Once I was using the punching gloves looking weapons with the right skill up I breezed through everything, including the bosses. Had I discovered that sooner, well I would have finished sooner.

PerpetualHeaven
09-12-2007, 02:40 AM
I think it should take around that if you don't mess with everything and just run through the game. Not a very long game. I think it took me 21 hours but I got lost a lot so meh.

killlah631
10-10-2007, 07:36 PM
My final time was 24 hours...and I left it on overnight one night, which was a little over 6 hours, so I would have finished in the mid 17's most likely if I would've have saved and restarted the night before. Not close to a long game, especially compared to my 300+ hours put into FFX! I just didn't get involved with any upgrading weapons and armors and photons or any of that. I bought a pair of knuckles before Chapter 7 and that was the only side tracking I did.

Dark Kitsune
10-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I got mine done in 16h 22m. Like Pants, I eat up these games and PSU was pretty simple :)

Albion Hero
10-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Well I'm at 16 hours and I'm only at the beginning of chapter 8. I do every free mission that becomes avaliable to me, though.

pwjuggalo
10-17-2007, 06:44 AM
ok this game could be done in 8 hours if you dont count the cut scenes and you are playing in the mode that allows you to use your already upgraded character.....this game is very simple but entertaining.....i beat it at roughly 32 hours but take into mind that is with countless hours spent upgrading and synthesizing weapons as well as making things from scratch with my robot and leveling up him(robot) up to lvl 33.....

Overall Review
i would give this game a 7/10...fun to play but unless you have the online subscription their is absolutely no replay value......some of the controls are shotty and many of the lines are cheesey, but cut scenes are nice and it still does a good job at telling a decent story, the most annoying thing to me in the whole game was that you have to wait for it to load the opening and ending scene to each episode just so you can hit a butt and have to load again (yeah), but i mean if your played moto gp then this is a breeze for you.

eXciter1
10-23-2007, 08:40 PM
This one was daunting for me. I had 30 hrs logged, but I spent at least 2-3 hrs leveling my guy up from 45 to 59 before going in to Ch. 11. I breezed through the end, but would only play when I had 2 to 3 hrs of dedicated play time. I wondered around a bit, bought, sold, and made sure I was always equipped well before playing. I didn't have to replay much at all. I just hated the thought of dieing and restarting between save points, so I made sure my guy was plenty powerful enough to breeze through on the first try.

tmg100
01-24-2008, 08:53 PM
i think i finished in 21 hours char was lvl 56, overall good game only played beacuse someone said it was quick ! next time i see em there getting kicked in the balls

blackmagic16
01-25-2008, 12:13 PM
i think i finished in 21 hours char was lvl 56, overall good game only played beacuse someone said it was quick ! next time i see em there getting kicked in the balls

Well compared to some games 21 is quick.
Also you cant say it was hard,just repetive as hell

Slarak
01-25-2008, 03:33 PM
I played the PC version for a good 3-6 months online and it enjoyed it plenty, but then the hacking started up and someone broke into my room and stole all of my uber ass rare decorations. Quit ever since. Tried the single player, but after doing the online for so long, doing the single player was just a joke.

Chojin
01-26-2008, 10:15 PM
im 19 hours in beginning of chapter 12 and level 55

ive done a fair few free missions to level up before missions. this was because when i got to the point where you fight the vol brothers all together and 'afro guy' kicks your arse i was at a too low level but only had one save file (stupidly) so i was forced to work in a fight. since then i always levelled up a bit before starting a new chapter mission and made sure to have 20 of all 4 healing items.

im also just using the one photon but i have upgraded my weapon a few times. always long sword though. and also the one class.

i'll probably level up a bit more before i try to tackle the last bosses/chapter/s?.

have i got a lot to do in chapter 12? do the last two bosses come one after the other? (for the last 400)

HoodMod
01-26-2008, 10:28 PM
im 19 hours in beginning of chapter 12 and level 55

ive done a fair few free missions to level up before missions. this was because when i got to the point where you fight the vol brothers all together and 'afro guy' kicks your arse i was at a too low level but only had one save file (stupidly) so i was forced to work in a fight. since then i always levelled up a bit before starting a new chapter mission and made sure to have 20 of all 4 healing items.

im also just using the one photon but i have upgraded my weapon a few times. always long sword though. and also the one class.

i'll probably level up a bit more before i try to tackle the last bosses/chapter/s?.

have i got a lot to do in chapter 12? do the last two bosses come one after the other? (for the last 400)

If I remember correctly the last two bosses come in quick succession. I remember on my first try beating the first and getting the achievement and then dying on the second.

KINGxSAINT
01-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Its a very easy game without a guide took like 16 or 17 hours super easy game. Easiest RPG I played to date.